PDA

View Full Version : SSC: Question about 1/4 Premium Format Statues

DouglasMcc
03-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Well, I took the plunge yesterday and ordered the regular edition of the Sideshow Vader. This led me to consider the line itself. I cannot see myself picking up Old Ben, unless I find him super cheap. I refuse to spend that kind of money on Luke (unless its Bespin or Jedi) or Han (unless its Bespin) so I do not see myself getting any of the other current ones. Have they announced or hinted at future releases? Are they planning to continue the line past Leia and Grevious? I would love to get a 1/4 Boba Fett or 1/4 Jedi/Bespin/Dagobah Luke. Any info or speculation would be appreciated.

theropod
03-15-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm in a similar situation. I'm expecting my new SS Vader soon and am now interested in the rest of the line.
Actually, I already had Grievous on order as that was the most striking thing I saw at C3.
However, I'm am definately considerring getting the entire line - especially if I can find some more affordable after market prices. I saw Luke and Han at C3 as well and was impressed. The photos of Leia and Obi-Wan look equally as cool.
Much of my decision to pursue the entire line will be based on my overall impression of Vader when he arrives. It's going to be tough to justify scrapping other items I would like to get to pursue this line.
As of any future releases, I would love to know as well. I just hope they are spaced out enough that I can afford to keep up if I choose to.
Boba Fett is a must, as well as more PT characters.
However, I'm not sure I would drop that much cash on a teritiary or background character so I hope they keep the line focussed on the central characters, there's plenty of choices there already.
-theropod

Gsr0jedi
03-15-2006, 03:36 AM
The line will definitely continue past Leia. I was in a chat on the Freaks board last week, and a someone from Sideshow was in there and she mentioned that she knew who the next PF was, but wouldn't say. So there will be more. I think this year they're trying not to reveal stuff too soon.

Luke and Han can both be picked up relatively cheap on eBay. I think they both sell for around $75 less than retail. Vader is selling for around $50 less and I'd guess that Obi-Wan will probably follow suit. Of course, with the release of Vader, Obi, Grievious, & Leia; more people could become interested in the line and the demand for the older ones could go up like GG's maquettes.

Weasel27
03-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Guys, be prepared to spend some more money on the Sideshow PF stautes. I recently got the Vader piece and all I can really say is... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I know you've probably heard it all before from those who have one but words just don't do this piece justice. It's simply an amazing statue that you have to see first hand to really appreciate. You'll be hooked!

As far as what's next, there are rumors floating around that Boba Fett will be the next PF released but nothing official has been announced. I know there are others here who can shed some more light on this but that's what I have been hearing.

The line will continue and I am certainly looking forward to seeing what will be next!!

jlcmsu
03-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I've had my Vader for a couple weeks now and I think you won't be disapointed in it at all. The detail is truly amazing in this piece. I've got Obi-Wan coming the exclusive version and the exclusive Grievous coming as well.

I thought I saw posted on SSF that the next PF was going to be another OT figure but I don't remember for sure. This line is going to continue for sure. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

anakin1138
03-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, The Sideshow Premium Format line is a fantastic collection, I've collected Star Wars high end bust/statues/prop replicas for four years and I can daffinately say that this line is so great!!! and It's addictive,buy one and you'll want them all... I'm into Star Wars Premium format and Marvel for now with Lord of the Rings PF coming in the next months, I have Luke, Han, Green Goblin and Logan "Wolverine"... now I look forward to complete the Marvel Collection with Elektra, Punisher and Doc Doom coming next month... worth every cent... I would like to add even Hellboy, Freddy Krueger and maybe John Wayne...I racommend this line to everyone, and don't trust those who say these are like dolls... These IMHO are the best scaled statues created so far... Just what I think

CoolHandHan
03-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I can't say enough good stuff about this line. I have the regular Han and the exclusive Vader. After seeing how the Vader is posed, you really want Ben to complete the look.

I'm really interested in seeing what the next SS PF will be...because it will also tell us what we won't see soon in the 12" line.

anakin1138
03-15-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm quite sure It will be Boba Fett, Sideshow guys said they want to move on to Empire Strikes... and there are rumors it will be a bad guy... in a scale of power with Darth Vader being 10 out of ten the next one will be a bad guy with 6 out of 10 of power... so Boba Fett... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tomandshell
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
There has only been one new Star Wars PF announcement since SDCC last year (Leia in November), so they are definitely taking their time with this line, but it will indeed continue--just not at the rate we are seeing with the 12" line.

They have confirmed in official chats or interviews that the next one will not be from the prequels, nor will it be from Episode IV. That means ESB or ROTJ. Others have said that Sideshow confirmed it to be a villain. I thought that the Emperor was a possibility, but they told us that the next one has been "quite a project." Palpatine doesn't seem that complex, where Boba Fett or a Stormtrooper would be their first armored PF, so they seem like more likely choices for a "big project."

Maybe these clues will help you in your guessing...

Order_66
03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
they need to do a snow trooper or tie pilot. those guys get no love.

demorathis
03-15-2006, 12:20 PM
my guess is boba fett -- they've already picked the marquis characters from anh -- though I'm sure a stormtrooper is lurking around somewhere -- esp if they save boba for the roj instead. when/if they do vader from esb, he should be in the "luke, you can destroy the emperor" with his fist up or the "come with me, it is the only way" pose with his hand outstretched to luke. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

blue_rogue
03-15-2006, 08:33 PM
I also think Boba Fett will be next. That's probably why it's been so long between announcements, because getting his costume just right, in this format, is probably quite a task. Just think how great it's going to be, though.

I just got my PF Vader Monday night and it is awesome. I collect the Gentle Giant statues, too, but if I ever had to choose between the two, I'd have to go with Sideshow's. Right now, this is my favorite line of Star Wars collectibles.

demorathis
03-16-2006, 11:34 AM
It's a great line, unfortunately AND fortunately I only collect vaders --
and that's task in and of itself especially this past year -- I thought I was kinda lucky considering most people prefer fett or stormtroopers -- but this year I was bombarded -- first the MR helmet, then the PF vader, the vader statue, the vader 3' statue, the busts (including the pepsi electronic ones), medicoms (both tyles), the regular hasbro vaders, posters galore, etc... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FiresideC
03-17-2006, 03:17 AM
The Sideshow PF line is amazing and I personally can't imagin owning this Vader without getting old Ben to go up against him. Love to read the speculation on what the next one will be whatever it is I am sure it will be cool.

THj
03-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I haven't been to crazy about the PF figures all the while, then I saw their LOTR Lurtz, which I think is amazing, and I was kinda impressed... then yesterday I saw the PR Star Trek Voyager Seven of Nine that's supposed to ship soon. . . WOW. That's all I can say. I'm really tempted to fork out $200+ for this. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nance