PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be SSC Clone 1:1 bust?

Nash
03-02-2006, 08:12 AM
What are the chances that SS would make a Clone Commander (Gree, Cody, Bacara, etc) 1:1 bust? It would be sweet if it were all battle damaged, unlike the pristine MR helmets.

Gsr0jedi
03-02-2006, 10:43 AM
I think SSC said they would not do human & helmeted characters in their 1:1 busts

Rod
03-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Man,
i hope they don't...cause it will be tempting.

sithmasterjedi
03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I think SSC said they would not do human & helmeted characters in their 1:1 busts

So who does that leave? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How bout a Aayla Secura or Grevious? would grevious be considered a helmeted character?

maul67
03-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I guess you could have the entire cantina 1:1 bust collection or ewoks and sand people. That would suck if they dont do helmeted characters. Not a large pool of characters to choose from otherwise.

Tig_Fromm
03-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah, not a large pool, a HUGE pool. Watch any movie and in any given scene you'll see some kind of alien or creature that would make a good bust.

FU_obiwan
03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
a kit 1:1 would be sweet but hopefully it wouldn't have that vampire mouth

Nash
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
yeah a 1:1 aayla or kit would be awesome!

I know the clone thing is similar to MR, but I was thinkin they could do it up to the shoulder armor, and mid chest. ah i just hope they do it.

sithmasterjedi
03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Aayla or Chewie would be a must have for me. I don't know how many others I'd spend big $$$ on.

Andy
03-02-2006, 01:02 PM

I would imagine it conflicts with the Master Replicas license to do the Star Wars helmets. It makes sense. MR would have a big problem with SSC doing a Vader bust because it would dip into their customer base on the Studio Scale Vader helmet replica.

maul67
03-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Aayla or Chewie would be a must have for me. I don't know how many others I'd spend big $$$ on.

Exactly, aside from a few characters like Maul, Chewbacca, and Aayla there just isn't enough of a demand for the fringe background aliens to make it lucrative at that price point. A Vader, Boba, Jango, or any clones would sell like hotcakes though. So I would love to see them branch out into the other "main" characters, should the license permit.

Lord_Chabelo
03-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I believe a clone 1:1 bust might be stepping on MR's toes with their helmet replica license. I believe that is where the comment about not making helmeted characters, for this line, came from.

Jack_Victory
03-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Going with the alien theme... I think a Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead), or Bossk would be a different and interesting 1:1 bust... especially the Nadon bust due to it not being remotely humanoid.

Mister_Gosh
03-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Going with the alien theme... I think a Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead), or Bossk would be a different and interesting 1:1 bust... especially the Nadon bust due to it not being remotely humanoid.

I'd be all over a Momaw bust, but I've got a soft spot for the guy (he was literally my first Star Wars action figure as a kid, waaaaay back in the late 70s)

SirTristram
03-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I think there may be more of a demand for background aliens than one might think!

I think it is a nice opportunity to get 'other' characters' than the usual suspects...and too many Masked characters would definitely collide with the helmets from MR and get tedious to look at...and at $600 a pop! Please....No need!

Nash
03-02-2006, 03:47 PM
on that note, id rather pay $600 for a clone bust than some background alien. lol.

maul67
03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh I'm not saying there isn't demand for those background characters, just not the demand at $600 each. I for one would love to get a GG Momaw mini-bust and the rest of the alien bounty hunters like Bossk & 4-Lom. Just my point of view at a $600 price point.

Mister_Gosh
03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
on that note, id rather pay $600 for a clone bust than some background alien. lol.

I would have said that too before seeing the pictures of Greedo (and Maul, but he's hardly background). I figure MR provides a way to get a 1:1 Clone (or at least the most important part of it), and they aren't likely to get around to doing repros of the Canitna masks or whatnot (though I'd love to be proven wrong). I'm not saying I'd buy any old random background alien, but there's certainly a set of them that are interesting enough to keep me hooked.

Nash
03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I was just thinking about it...and I dont think it would be stepping on MR's toes in terms of licensing because MR makes wearable helmets....a 1:1 bust of a helmeted character would not be classified as a "helmet" per say. You cant wear it...its just representation of the character itself, and not just the helmet.

Mister_Gosh
03-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I was just thinking about it...and I dont think it would be stepping on MR's toes in terms of licensing because MR makes wearable helmets....a 1:1 bust of a helmeted character would not be classified as a "helmet" per say. You cant wear it...its just representation of the character itself, and not just the helmet.

Even if it isn't a license issue, I'd wonder if the market can bear a $600+ Clone bust and four Clonetrooper helmets simultaneously.

Given that the 1:1 busts are only ever going to trickle out, I think trying to offer something that's got no overlap at all makes sense.

Nash
03-02-2006, 04:52 PM
i didnt mean just normal clones, i meant clone commanders. actual characters not generic ones.

tomandshell
03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
The 1:1 busts from Sideshow are not intended to fill a huge demand. They are not mass produced items. They made 100 "Ardeth Bey" Mummy busts, 200 "Hellboy" busts, and 150 "The Thing" Fantastic Four busts. I don't think there is a single obscure character in the Star Wars universe that couldn't sell at least 100 busts if it were offered for $500 or so. The price on these things is set high enough to offset the small production run, so Sideshow will make their money and 100 people will get their Zuckuss, Gragra, Yarael Poof, Pote Snitkin, Barquin D'an, Po Nudo, Yarna D'al Gargan, Aks Moe, Daultay Dofine, Yaddle, Rep Teers, and Garindan busts.

Jack_Victory
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Helmeted is one thing, but without the helmets on, wouldn't all the commanders look the same (albeit with minor differences like scars, etc.)? Would the masses really go for a bunch of relatively similar characters? I am just asking for people's opinion, not necessarily shooting down the idea. That is why I like the idea of the different aliens as they are all very unique looking characters.

Mister_Gosh
03-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Helmeted is one thing, but without the helmets on, wouldn't all the commanders look the same (albeit with minor differences like scars, etc.)? Would the masses really go for a bunch of relatively similar characters? I am just asking for people's opinion, not necessarily shooting down the idea. That is why I like the idea of the different aliens as they are all very unique looking characters.

Not to answer for nash, but I think he did mean helmeted commanders, but the ones with unique helmets (like Cody or Bacara).

Mister_Gosh
03-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Zuckuss, Gragra, Yarael Poof, Pote Snitkin, Barquin D'an, Po Nudo, Yarna D'al Gargan, Aks Moe, Daultay Dofine, Yaddle, Rep Teers, and Garindan busts.

I'll take one of each, thank you. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

maul67
03-02-2006, 06:35 PM
At $500 each that is $6,000! You guys make allot more money than I do. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I must be in the wrong line of work http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

massoh2
03-02-2006, 07:30 PM

So who does that leave? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How bout a Aayla Secura or Grevious? would grevious be considered a helmeted character?

Aayla wouldn't be a good choice. You gotta have more than just the head http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gsr0jedi
03-02-2006, 08:15 PM

Aayla wouldn't be a good choice. You gotta have more than just the head http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yeah, I guess in a 1:1 Aayla bust, the word "bust" is imperative.

I think we'll only see about 2 of these a year, maybe 3. I think there are some good suggestions posted here, and depending on my finances at the time of their release, there are some I would probably buy. Some others to throw out there -
-Battle Droid
-Tusken Raider
-IG-88
-Wampa
-Shaak Ti
-Ki-Adi-Mundi
-Saesee Tiin
-Zam in Clawdite face with the mask on
-Jabba
-I can't believe nobody mentioned Yoda! (unless I missed them mentioning him)

kevstarkie
03-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I would love to get the Maul but the size and price means i can't. Like somebody said because of these factors they are meant for a very small market with very big pockets.