PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Down the Toys Part 5

Pages : [1] 2 3

xTEC4
01-08-2006, 12:21 PM
We hit 500 in the old thread found here:

Hunting Part 4 (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1498294&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

Continuing here.
Was at Brookfield TRU today. If you missed Cat Miin, Passel, or the White Magna Guard they have one of each. To help you web reading scummers, the three are sitting behind the Falcon on the top shelf next to the basic figures.

xTEC4
01-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Okay something of a rant: What is TRU thinking? The have tons of Falcons... Before Christmas they reach a low of $35. Now they are back upto $50.
Wait I might actually know what they are thinking. Gift Cards have to be spent on something and since there is so little left, make 'em pay $50 for the Falcon.

DarthZoff
01-08-2006, 03:42 PM

Hunting Part 4 (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1498294&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

Continueing here.
Was at Brookfield TRU today. If you missed Cat Miin, Passel, or the White Magna Guard they have one of each. To help you web reading scummers, the three are sitting behind the Falcon on the top shelf next to the basic figures.

I feel like I have to comment considering I've been riding my "high horse" on another thread when it comes to the topic of stashing. (see the Clearance thread in ROTS) In this case what xTec4 did was completely fine with me. I've even moved figures to the far back of the peg, or hidden a particular ship behind a row of others. Often times I've regretted it. (mostly that I just didn't buy the thing when I saw it) I hope that our "mid-western" values are a bit higher than other parts of the country and we are not "stashing" things under shelves and in buried totes. And if by chance you are, hopefully your not brash enough to brag about it and be proud of it.

DarthZoff
01-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Okay something of a rant: What is TRU thinking? The have tons of Falcons... Before Christmas they reach a low of $35. Now they are back upto $50.
Wait I might actually know what they are thinking. Gift Cards have to be spent on something and since there is so little left, make 'em pay $50 for the Falcon.

I actually purchased a Falcon when they were $39.99 and returnedit when I finally found a gunship for almost the same price. Primarily because I thought $40.00 was STILL to much. I still can remember the stack of Falcons w/bonus figures sitting in the clearence section of SAM'S club for $25.00!

Pimpimus_Prime
01-08-2006, 04:16 PM
[I feel like I have to comment considering I've been riding my "high horse" on another thread when it comes to the topic of stashing. (see the Clearance thread in ROTS) In this case what xTec4 did was completely fine with me.

Me too. I've stashed stuff for a buddy or for those on a forum like this. I'd rather have them get it than some slimeball scalper.

The people that bug me are the ones that don't have the cash and hide the toys, hoping to come back on payday. Get a credit card or if you're at Walmart use layway!

DarthZoff
01-08-2006, 05:32 PM
For kicks you should read the "clearance" thread in the ROTS category. Apparently in Long Island, stashing has become an art form, and it's an absolute RIP-OFF if you aren't getting you Utapau Shadow Troopers at Target on Final Clearance for $2.14 each. My first reaction was I wish I could find such bargains, but then the stories of their stashing began. But my favorite part is when they defend their actions, saying that stashing a $12.00 figure with the purpose of retieving it and buying it on clearance for $2 is NOT STEALING.. Then what happened to the $10 I wonder???

xTEC4
01-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Glad no one is hunting me down!!
Yeah, I didnt 'hide' them, just put them a little out of the way, so a casual browse will miss them. AND the point was to get home and post, since I know these three weren't around for long. I have the one's I want, didnt know if someone needed them, but thought I would give someone here a better chance if they did.

I agree stashing to get them later (as in yourself) is a bad idea. Want them, get them. Pay for it when you can.

StrangeDasein
01-08-2006, 05:57 PM

Continueing here.

I feel like I have to comment considering I've been riding my "high horse" on another thread when it comes to the topic of stashing. (see the Clearance thread in ROTS) In this case what xTec4 did was completely fine with me. I've even moved figures to the far back of the peg, or hidden a particular ship behind a row of others. Often times I've regretted it. (mostly that I just didn't buy the thing when I saw it) I hope that our "mid-western" values are a bit higher than other parts of the country and we are not "stashing" things under shelves and in buried totes. And if by chance you are, hopefully your not brash enough to brag about it and be proud of it.

I'm not sure I get what you mean. People stashing stuff for themselves in order to buy it on clearance? I'd stash stuff for other scummers but if i want something I'll buy it at full price. I'm not stupid enough to expect it to be there when it goes on sale. In my opinion stashing stuff for others is okay, the only time i've done it i told people on the boards. As a hunter when I'm out looking for stuff I look behind every figure and ship and other toys for stuff that other people have "stashed" I think that if you're a true hunter you don't just look at what's on the pegs, you check out everything for figures even ladies lingerie....oops....

DarthZoff
01-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, as I said before, more details can be found on the "clearance checklist" thread in the ROTS section. At first I assumed that "stashing" was just hiding figures, etc. behind other things. I've heard of more than one rare figure found in amounst the Vader robes. But when I started to hear about great clearance finds some scummers were finding I (and others) became more curious. Aparently what we in Wisconsin have been doing (at least recently admitted too) is very mild to what some of these "proud stashers" have done. I've heard of ripped up shelf bottoms (the toe kick space), empty totes, INSIDE boxes of other out of season products, and inside the large bed comfortor bags being used as stash spots. Some of these locations were given to me by a self-bragging stasher in a PM in which he told me he wasn't divulging his BEST stash spots. I wonder how many people who purchased a comfortor ended up with bonus SW figures? As pointed out by others, besides HIDING these items from people like us who WOULD pay full price for things it doubly screws us over as the stores computer inventory reorder systems shows that the store has PLENTY of stock and no need to reorder even when the pegs are empty.

I guess my take is that stashing MAY not be directly stealing but it is definitly unethical and probably fraudulant. At the least its not the kind of thing I would think you should BRAG about.

darthdave1981
01-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Glad to see we are back on topic here. While I don't support the stashing/ hideing idea, I have used it so I can't complain or say anything bad; I am sure we have all done it and or atleast thought about it at one point or another.

I finally got the rest of my wave 1 Saga, as well as a couple of new SW legos for X-Mas and since then.

I returned the rest of what I didn't need/ want and yes, I hate to admit it, but I like the transformers. I got the last 2 tonight. The only one so far I don't like is General Grevious as you can pose him or stand him up. It is TOO flimsy a figure to do much with and the arms and legs pop right off. I think the plastic is ok, it could be better, BUT could be a lot worse as well. Oh well, that is all for me now.

Zamps
01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Has anyone received their Bounty Hunter 7-pack? I ordered that thing back in August and have not received it! I decided to save some money and cancelled my order.

What about the EE Astromech sets? I cancelled that also.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Has anyone received their Bounty Hunter 7-pack? I ordered that thing back in August and have not received it! I decided to save some money and cancelled my order.

Supposedly, its going to finally ship in February. It will be good to finally get my birthday present from October. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DarthZoff
01-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Target-Oshkosh finally put out some new SAGA figures but either they quickly got snatched up or they only put out 1-2 per peg. It looked sparse. If you need Lady Jedi's, several Fox Valley Shopko's still have a bunch, but at OUCH! $6.99 still. The MR lightsabers at Shopko did get marked down to $89.00 though.

StrangeDasein
01-09-2006, 10:41 PM
gotcha. That's more stealing/being a cheap [censored] than what i would call stashing. http://216.240.137.29/images/graemlins/wink.gif

NotMertz
01-10-2006, 12:38 AM
I believe the EE astromech exclusives are supposed to arrive/ship sometime this month. We'll see.

Stopped at Wal-Mart West (Madison) just before closing and it looked like they were restocking the toy aisle. Saw several boxes worth of lightsabers waiting to be opened, some galactic heroes two-packs, and Attactix. Didn't see any cases of regular figures, but there could have been one or two somewhere in the stacks. Noticed that the next wave of the smaller titanium ships were on the pegs -- including the turbo tank. Those are probably old news, but the first time I noticed them.

NotMertz
01-10-2006, 12:39 AM
I've heard of ripped up shelf bottoms (the toe kick space), empty totes, INSIDE boxes of other out of season products, and inside the large bed comfortor bags being used as stash spots. Some of these locations were given to me by a self-bragging stasher in a PM in which he told me he wasn't divulging his BEST stash spots. I wonder how many people who purchased a comfortor ended up with bonus SW figures? As pointed out by others, besides HIDING these items from people like us who WOULD pay full price for things it doubly screws us over as the stores computer inventory reorder systems shows that the store has PLENTY of stock and no need to reorder even when the pegs are empty.

Stashing for oneself with the intent of saving money when new product finally goes on clearance = BOO!

Meanwhile, I have been thinking about getting a new comforter . . . .

Zamps
01-10-2006, 04:42 AM
During lunch I stopped at TRU west. Looked like they put out a case of Saga figures. I picked up Leia and Han to complete wave 1.

NotMertz
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Stopped by the Madison East TRU and Target on the way back from a presentation just before noon. Noticed that TRU was having a store-wide clearance, as well as signs saying all sales were final. Are they going out of business? Is this a new policy? They're also not taking checks.

Anyway, saw one lone Republic Gunship there.

Noticed that some of the Star Wars cases 5-packs (w/ J-hooks) at Target were priced below $5 (although some were still at the $6-$7 price point). Also had the remains of Carkoon wave (Han, Barada, Bib, and Boba).

Pimpimus_Prime
01-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Stopped by the Madison East TRU and Target on the way back from a presentation just before noon. Noticed that TRU was having a store-wide clearance, as well as signs saying all sales were final. Are they going out of business?

Yep, TRU is closing 73 [edit: now 75] stores across the country. The Madison east store is one of the stores getting the axe. The only other one I know of in WI is the Geoffrey's in FDL.

DarthRay
01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I found a partial case of Hoth wave figures at Madison West Walmart this morning. (Don't go looking now, I bought the last ones)

The General Veers & Major Bren Derlin figures are fantastic. There weren't any Vaders or R2s, not that I was planning to buy them anyway.

Darth Ray

Pimpimus_Prime
01-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Noticed that some of the Star Wars cases 5-packs (w/ J-hooks) at Target were priced below $5 (although some were still at the $6-$7 price point).

Which is better? The J hook or the ones with the hole?

NotMertz
01-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Good find Darth Ray. That teaches me. I almost went before closing last night. Did you manage to snag a driver?

Zamps
01-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I found a partial case of Hoth wave figures at Madison West Walmart this morning. (Don't go looking now, I bought the last ones)

Darth Ray

Nice to hear that they are surfacing. Although I was hoping they wouldn't come out for awhile so I could take a break from hunting and let the funds regenerate.

Zamps
01-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Good find Darth Ray. That teaches me. I almost went before closing last night. Did you manage to snag a driver?

They seem to be putting stuff out at weird times. They seem to be onto the morning hunters. If they only realized that if they put something out I'd actually walk out of the store buying something.

DarthRay
01-11-2006, 10:49 AM

Yup. It looks much more realistic than the old AT-AT pack in and the old Fan Club exclusive.

Darth Ray

xTEC4
01-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Nothing at Waukesha WalMart last night, and nothing at Delafield Target or WalMart this morning. (and I mean nothing, except some sabers)

jabbabon
01-11-2006, 11:56 AM
nothin in new berlin either
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bosski
01-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Nothing in Milwaukee either. I have a feeling that if Walmarts around here received a box of these, someone probably snagged the entire box. So you probably won't find any remnants if they received these yet. There's always Targets. I know they ask $1 more, but at this point, I'll spend the extra buck just to get these out of the way.

jabbabon
01-11-2006, 12:49 PM
yeah, Target is where i found the majority of my first wave

s_marlinfan
01-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Man the Hoth wave is starting to show up. I still have not found Barada. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have a feeling that this Saga line is going to be hard to come by. Sort of what is was like a couple of years ago. I just don't get it that the stores don't mind loosing all the sales with not having figures on the pegs. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

xTEC4
01-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Just got back from Miller Park Target and nothing, lots of pegs (all empty).
Didnt leave empty handed though. Took a stroll through the Clearance isle and found a lone Attack on Coruscant Battlepack for $4.98. Couldnt pass on paying $1.05 (with Tax) per clone.

I agree Saga looks to be hard to find. Got the ones from the Carkoon wave by being first to WalMart following a stocking of figures. Have only then seen reminants of Saga twice since then. I am very nervous about the Coruscant wave. I might actually pre-order a case to make sure I get a Cody, Firefighter, and Utapau Grunt.

These are dark times ahead.

barenakedleia_s
01-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Ican't believe the Hoth wave is already showing up and I have still yet to see the Carkoon wave around FDL! (unless I have just missed them). I decided to go ahead and order a couple of case assortments from EE, just to make sure I get the Cody and Utapaun Clone. It beats running all over Wisconsin looking and just ending up frustrated!

StrangeDasein
01-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Nothing on Madison's East Side.

Scarecrow
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I managed to finally score BIG at the Janesville Wal-Mart. Found the entire set of the Carkoon wave, AND they also stocked the Hoth wave too. All the figures were there, so it was nice to be able to pick thru them all and find the figures with holos that I wanted. So I'm all set until Coruscant or Geonosis waves hit, whichever comes first. Only new things found Janesville Toys R Us were the new Galactic Heroes which I already had, and one Vader Transformer.

s_marlinfan
01-11-2006, 08:20 PM
These are dark times ahead.

They are indeed. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

s_marlinfan
01-11-2006, 08:26 PM
How much is EE charging for the Cody case by the way?

Rogue_2
01-11-2006, 08:31 PM
Nothing on Madison's East Side.

Not quite.... Wal-Mart east had a couple cases of these and I also saw a case of them at Wal-Mart in Stoughton. I did pick up most of them for myself and others, but there were a few left on the pegs when I left. Wal-Mart east also had some of the newets Titanium small ships.

Ted

xTEC4
01-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Okay, so went looking for the Hoth wave the last two days. From something I have seen, I have hope. Hope that Hasbro was caught with the mfg pants around there ankles right before Christmas. In most places pegs were dry. Wiped out by Thanksgiving. The got some Saga on the shelves around Christmas to try and fill a gap.

Stay with me..
All the Targets and WalMarts I checked on yesterday and today, have all reset their toy aisle's. All (except Delafield WalMart) have a nice display area for Star Wars. 3-5 pegs labeled for Basic, a couple for SW TF, battlers, galactic heros, unleashed and titanium (which I have seen a steady supply of). Star Wars takes up usually four rows of pegs (they are just empty, spare some titanium and maybe a galactic hero or two). I have hope that Hasbro has been just teasing with a little of something while they ramp up production of Saga. It looks like the retail stores are ready for it, and I have hope that Hasbro is getting ready to deliver.

xTEC4
01-11-2006, 10:47 PM

$79.99. They currently list SIX different Wave 4 revisions. Looks like Cody, Clone Trooper and Fire Pilot is found in each one and all or most of the remaining battle of coruscant wave, other figures are packed in from the earlier waves.
Noticed too that Wave 3 Rev 2 includes mostly Hoth wave figures and a few of the Geonosis wave.

Like I said in my other post. Hope. Looks like Hasbro understands the big demand for Cody, and the clones.

As a side note, every one of those Wave 4 cases includes 2x Darth Vader (#013). WTF? Didnt we get enough of Vader in ROTS?

s_marlinfan
01-11-2006, 11:17 PM

$79.99. They currently list SIX different Wave 4 revisions. Looks like Cody, Clone Trooper and Fire Pilot is found in each one and all or most of the remaining battle of coruscant wave, other figures are packed in from the earlier waves.
Noticed too that Wave 3 Rev 2 includes mostly Hoth wave figures and a few of the Geonosis wave.

Like I said in my other post. Hope. Looks like Hasbro understands the big demand for Cody, and the clones.

As a side note, every one of those Wave 4 cases includes 2x Darth Vader (#013). WTF? Didnt we get enough of Vader in ROTS?

Thanks for the info xTEC4. I sure hope you are right about Hasbro shipping figs.

I do understand about having more Darth Vaders. Don't get me wrong I like Darth Vader as much as any SW fan. But we were Darth Vadered to death last year. So it would be nice for a break. But they will keep making him and I'll keep buying Vader. Thus this cycle never ends.

jabbabon
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Not to mention that if the line is to continue it must still appeal to kids and attract new collectors, with this in mind I remember my little 8 yr old brother looking desperatly every time we went out for a new vader or clone last year and realise that although I dont care for multiple repacks Vader is a core character that many younger and new collectors will want.

Val_Da_Carr
01-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Stopped by the Madison East TRU and Target on the way back from a presentation just before noon. Noticed that TRU was having a store-wide clearance, as well as signs saying all sales were final. Are they going out of business?

Yep, TRU is closing 73 [edit: now 75] stores across the country. The Madison east store is one of the stores getting the axe. The only other one I know of in WI is the Geoffrey's in FDL.

Any word about TRU's in SE Wis getting the Axe?

Milwaukee, Waukesha or Racine or Gurnee?

VadersClone
01-12-2006, 03:39 AM
Stopped off at Wal-Mart East GB and was shocked to see they have reset the whole Star Wars section and there is where i found the Carkoon wave. I got all but Fett. I think someone bought all the fett's and that was it, cuz the rest of the cases or cases were still there. Also saw the Vader chopper and finally saw the Transformers. Well, i left them, and i am a little sadened they didn't look better. I don't know what i was expecting. Quality maybe, a mix of two great toy lines......i don't know, but for $15 they can keep them. Had plenty of the little unleashed guys too, me thinks these are going to be around on the pegs a long time. Also picked up the new Galactic heroes wave. Said it once and i will say it again, i love these little guys.

I was really, leaning towards not collecting the saga line at all. But when push came to shove, i ended up shoving them right into the cart. (okay, i gently placed them)

combatser
01-12-2006, 05:13 AM
I must have beat you to that punch... stopped there and found the whole Carkoon wave. I picked that up along with an extra Fett to open.
Looking for Hoth now.

Rogue_2
01-12-2006, 07:54 AM

Any word about TRU's in SE Wis getting the Axe?

Milwaukee, Waukesha or Racine or Gurnee?

There was an artical in the newspaper about this last night. It looks like only the FDL store is closing and the Madison east store is being converted into a Babies R Us. They indicated no other stores in Wisconsin will be affected.

Ted

Zamps
01-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Wal-Mart West did NOT have any signs of the Hoth Wave this morning. They did have a bunch of Boba Fett Choppers and about half a dozen Luke/X-Wing transformers.

xTEC4
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
My hope were realized at least for today. Waukesha WalMart was stocked 'pegs full' of Star Wars this morning.
2 Cases of Carkoon (so there is a Barrada on the pegs) and 1 Case of Hoth. I picked up 2x AT-AT, 2x Snowtrooper, 1x Veers.
For variant hunters, the 2 Vaders were the bubble variation with the saber down.
They also had a full load out of SW TF's (multiples of the first 4), a case of the Utaupau set of Unleashed Battlepacks (so Cody, Clones, Droids, etc..), ForceBattlers and Galactic Heros all on the pegs too.
Okay done with Hoth. Bring on Scorch, I mean Geonosis (Hasbro if reading, can you wait till sometime in February)

DarthRay
01-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Madison West Target switched to 75% off for the clearance section. The cases are down to $2.48, lots left.

They also had a few Star Wars DVD Trivia Games for < $10 each.

Darth Ray

Pimpimus_Prime
01-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Wow.. that was a mad house this morning. I swear one lady had like 3 carts full of toys.

The west side Walmart also had the SWTF Luke and the Boba Fett Chopper. Hasbro didn't paint the visor on Fett so he looks kinda cheap.

kenbenobi
01-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Noticed that some of the Star Wars cases 5-packs (w/ J-hooks) at Target were priced below $5 (although some were still at the $6-$7 price point).

I was wondering the same thing. Also, I see TWO different kinds of J-Hooks: cardboard ones attached to the box, and plastic ones that are glued on (and no, it doesn't look like the cardboard was ripped off--they never had hooks). Any idea if these are old or new cases?

Pimpimus_Prime
01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Also, I see TWO different kinds of J-Hooks: cardboard ones attached to the box, and plastic ones that are glued on (and no, it doesn't look like the cardboard was ripped off--they never had hooks). Any idea if these are old or new cases?

I finally figured it out. There are two versions of the case (3 if you count the one that didn't fit any figures). One with a hole (similar to the one used for the exclusive Clone Trooper) and one with a J hook (used with the Mustafar and Utapau figs).

kenbenobi
01-12-2006, 01:59 PM

I finally figured it out. There are two versions of the case (3 if you count the one that didn't fit any figures). One with a hole (similar to the one used for the exclusive Clone Trooper) and one with a J hook (used with the Mustafar and Utapau figs).

OK, thanks to this thread http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1142108&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1 I finally figured it out. There are great pics, but to summarize:
The ones with the J-Hook are much better. They are a perfect fit for the ROTS figures and they seem to stay together better. The hole punch ones allow the card to slide around inside the star case and they open very easily.

The J-Hook cases are the same ones that Hasbro used for the Target Exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper, Clone Trooper, Darth Vader Duel At Mustafar and Obi-Wan Duel at Mustafar. The ones with the hole punch look like the ones they used for the Lava Darth Vader.

The confusing point for me is that the J-hook and hole are describing the case itself. These different cases come in different packaging, one with a cardboard hook, and one with a plastic hook. The plastic hook has the J-hook cases, the cardboard hook has the hole cases. So, look at the package carefully before buying them. I happened to get 3 of each. I will go back for more, if any are left, and take back the hole ones.

NotMertz
01-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Much better than I could have said it -- thanks for taking the time to clarify.

kenbenobi
01-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Much better than I could have said it -- thanks for taking the time to clarify.

Thanks. I actually edited my post 3 times to perfect it! LOL!

s_marlinfan
01-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I went to the Northridge Wal Mart after work tonight to find the reminents of both the Hoth and Carkoon waves. I was only able to find and get Major Derlin, AT-AT Driver, and Snow trooper. So I guess I'm missing around half for the Hoth wave now.

From the Carkoon wave they had Bib, Han, and Leia left and NO BARADA!!! ARRR Why Oh Why does Barada keep eluding me? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They still had doubles of the ones I bought when I left.

The Saga continues........

s_marlinfan
01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I forgot to say they had the Luke X-Wing Transformer and the Boba Fett Chopper bike.........RETARTED!!! Wastes of good plastic that could be used for new regular figures. As Pimpimus said they did not paint the visor on the Boba Fett on the bike..... double retarted.

NotMertz
01-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Meanwhile there was one Barada at Madison West Wal-Mart this morning (along with multiples of most of the Carkoon wave - minus Leia), and the same Barada was still there with only a lonely Bib (clearly Saga is selling briskly) when I stopped by again tonight (I REALLY want the Hoth wave).

So I picked him up. I'm sure you'll find him on your own, but if you want him s_marlinfan, I'll hook you up for cost (or trade) plus shipping.

P.S.

Guilty confession -- I think 3 out of the first 4 Star Wars Transformers look nifty. And, if you compare price/size to the rest of the regular TF line, I actually don't think they're that expensive. Mind you, I'm waiting to pick one up on clearance. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Azrael
01-13-2006, 02:20 AM
The Hoth wave has hit the Wal-Marts in Eau Claire and Hallie. Found 10 figures from the case, all but Vader and R2 at Eau Claire, then found a whole case on the pegs at Hallie to get my set complete. Glad these are hitting good and fast. At this point we should get Geonosis in about 3 weeks?

jlukas
01-13-2006, 10:53 AM
FOund the hoth wave at Wal -mart west in appleton this morning. Passed on Rieken and Snow Troopers. They also got in the first wave of unleashed battle packs. Does anyone know how many mini holo figs there are and which ones?

Zamps
01-13-2006, 11:07 AM

The General Veers & Major Bren Derlin figures are fantastic. There weren't any Vaders or R2s, not that I was planning to buy them anyway.

Darth Ray

This is the first and last time of the Hoth Wave surfacing in Madison. I have a hard time believing Wal-Mart has only one case of these figures. Why won't they friggin put out figures? I'm ready to take a walk in the back and look for cases.

Scarecrow
01-13-2006, 11:18 AM
There are 12 holo figures in all:
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Maul
Queen Amidala
Darth Vader
Yoda
Count Dooku
Boba Fett
Han Solo
Rebel trooper
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Luke Skywalker
Stormtrooper

Pimpimus_Prime
01-13-2006, 11:46 AM
This is the first and last time of the Hoth Wave surfacing in Madison. I have a hard time believing Wal-Mart has only one case of these figures. Why won't they friggin put out figures? I'm ready to take a walk in the back and look for cases.

No kidding. I know that store has a bunch of Transformers in back that they won't put out. It's not like they don't have the room for them. Half the shelves are still empty.

kenbenobi
01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
There are 12 holo figures in all:

I found the Hoth wave last night at Southgate Walmart. So of my 14 figures from the first 2 waves, I have 11 of the 12 holograms. Damn you, Rebel Trooper! AARRGGHH!!! Hopefully I'll be able to swap one of my duplicates with one of my friends.

StrangeDasein
01-13-2006, 12:36 PM

Darth Ray

I'm with you, and I think we can get notmertz in on this too!

INDY
01-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I have a hard time believing Wal-Mart has only one case of these figures. Why won't they friggin put out figures? I'm ready to take a walk in the back and look for cases.

When ALL the stores get the same thing in, such as 1 case of the Hoth wave, those are standard shipments that each store gets. It has nothing to do with the store ordering figures. Now the reports of stores that got in more than 1 case and/or the Carkoon wave are orders the smart people in the stores specific toy department had made to fill the holes. That's where the people are doing their job and probably the better stores to look at.

The Kenosha Target, and strangely the one by work in IL, both had basic lightsabers on the pegs for the basic figures. This means two things, first, the idiots that order the toys will see "full" pegs of merchandise (even though it's wrong) and never order new ones, and secondly, if an assortment of figures is massed shipped to all the stores, the stockers will not see any open pegs to put the guys on and thus leave the case in the back room. To make matters even worse, it's the dead season for toys and that section will not be getting any real attention for a long time.

s_marlinfan
01-13-2006, 01:45 PM
BOOYAA scored Barada at the Menomonee Falls WM this morning. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now to complete the 5 Hoth figs I ain't found yet.

The Saga continues.....

xTEC4
01-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Stopped back into the Waukesha WalMart this morning and it was cleaned of basic figures. Only a lonely Chewie was left hanging. Plus about half the of the SW TF were gone. No Luke's or Vader left, just some GG and Obi TF's.

Drizzit
01-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Stopped back into the Waukesha WalMart this morning and it was cleaned of basic figures. Only a lonely Chewie was left hanging. Plus about half the of the SW TF were gone. No Luke's or Vader left, just some GG and Obi TF's.

Its still there this afternoon.

DarthZoff
01-13-2006, 03:41 PM
SAGA figures have finally begun to hit Oshkosh/Fox Valley stores. I just got back form Oshkosh and It's obvious we must not have alot of MOMC collectors as there are still over a dozen packages of Collector Cases there at $2.48. I'm disappointed that the ROTS Vechilces are not being marked down. They are the things I put off buying previously hoping to get them at a better price. I guess I just have to wait a bit longer for that to happen.

Bosski
01-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Anyone else finding the Hoth wave with dings or dents in the bubbles? I found a case at Walmart, and virtually every figure has this problem. The cards are all mint for some strange reason. A friend of mine found the same problem with the figures he found at another Walmart. Maybe it has something to do with the new bubble shape and the way the factory heat seals them.

xTEC4
01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm disappointed that the ROTS Vechilces are not being marked down. They are the things I put off buying previously hoping to get them at a better price. I guess I just have to wait a bit longer for that to happen.

It was noted on the main page a few days ago (I think), that the medium vehicles are making a return in 2006, first in the ROTS packaging, then later in new Saga packaging.

That's my guess why they wont go on clearance, as they are an item being carried forward so no NCF from Target, so no clearance on these.

Scarecrow
01-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Anyone else finding the Hoth wave with dings or dents in the bubbles?

Only one of the three Hoth figures that I got were in good condition. The other two had bubbles where I had to gently push out dents.

combatser
01-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Most WM stores have these figures in the back but are waiting until they finish the reset. Most if not all WMs will be reseting the toy isle. As far as ordering, the stockers don't do the ordering, they are sotking monkets, that's it! Ordering is done automatic by the computer depending on how much gets sold. i.e. if you were to go in and steal a whole case, the computer will not see these UPCs go through the register and not ever know they were gone. They won't order more since it will think they are still in the store. Thus another reason shiplifting screws over the collectors. (wife worked for WM)
Sheboygan and Plymouth hasn't had Hoth wave in yet, since the reset. So look for those in that area if you live close.

jabbabon
01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
I just scored big I found a Star wars fooseball table at walmart in waukesha on clearence for $21 and a TIE Fighter at Targer for 10. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Pimpimus_Prime
01-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Most WM stores have these figures in the back but are waiting until they finish the reset. Most if not all WMs will be reseting the toy isle. As far as ordering, the stockers don't do the ordering, they are sotking monkets, that's it!

Another reason why Walmart sucks. Target resets everything in a matter of days.. Walmart takes weeks to do the same. As far as ordering goes, I've heard that managers can order things if they want. Do they? Not usually.. at least things people want. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Zamps
01-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I was looking at the cases on EE's website. All the wave 4 cases have this in the description: "Assortment may contain special chase variant "Bounty Hunt" figures. "Bounty Hunt" figures are not guaranteed to appear in all assortments."

Anyone have an idea what the heck they are talking about? It didn' say anything like that in the wave 1 thru 3 case descriptions. And they are not referring to the holo figures because it already specifically called that out. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Side note: does the "sponsored links" on Rebelscum's page bother the crap out of you? I can't stand the pop up window when you run the mouse over stuff.

Val_Da_Carr
01-14-2006, 01:18 AM

The Card board sealed onces are the "corrected" versions and fit the figures better.

Target on 27th Street had them at $2.48 (75% off)....go nuts..man..

Drizzit
01-14-2006, 06:23 AM
[/QUOTE]
Another reason why Walmart sucks. Target resets everything in a matter of days.. Walmart takes weeks to do the same. As far as ordering goes, I've heard that managers can order things if they want. Do they? Not usually.. at least things people want. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/QUOTE]

The woman I talk to every once and awhile, in toys, said she tries to order more Star Wars because they sell. Sounds like they can order to fill holes in thier sections.

xTEC4
01-14-2006, 08:16 AM
... a TIE Fighter at Targer for 10. Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Which Target had the TIE? I have been casaully looking for a clearance one and hadnt seen any the last couple weeks.

Nice score by the way.

xTEC4
01-14-2006, 08:23 AM
I was looking at the cases on EE's website. All the wave 4 cases have this in the description: "Assortment may contain special chase variant "Bounty Hunt" figures. "Bounty Hunt" figures are not guaranteed to appear in all assortments."

There is a nice long thread going in the Saga forum here: Bounty Hunt Figures? (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1599783&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=4#Post1614270#1599783)

No one really knows, some think it will be a paint variation of the figure, others a card variation and others think it is tied to a mail away offer for a Lucas Stormtrooper. Those are the three most common opinions, but there are others.

My guess falls in line with opinions 2 or 3. Probably tied to a special offer or special BH card back. Dont think it will be anything big if you are an opener or casual collector.

StrangeDasein
01-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Well the Saga wave 1 is in full force at both east and west Targets. No sign of the Hoth wave.

Well actually that's not true. I got to the Eastside Target at 8.00 and I guess made the mistake of waiting in the car for them to unlock the doors. As I got to the action figure aisle someone walked out with a basket full of figures. I checked the pegs to see if any Hoth were left.

Then I tracked him down to make sure that my suspicions were correct. He had grabbed all of the Hoth figures. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif He said that 'There was only a case, two of each.' Yeah, thanks. Hopefully he was a collector/someone on the boards, because if I got beat by a scalper I'll be even more pissed.

By the looks of it the same thing had happened on the West side. Full pegs of Saga 1 empty pegs of Saga 2. I do have hope that the Hoth wave will be stocked in plenty in the coming weeks as both Targets had more than 1 case of wave 1.

Walmarts = nothing. Although the west side walmart had a pallet of boxes marked Action figures, but nothing that screamed "Star Wars Inside "

NotMertz
01-14-2006, 10:29 AM
I was at the West Side Target right when they opened -- okay, maybe a minute after -- and didn't see any Hoth wave, either. Nor anyone absconding with large quantities of figures. But hey, you almost got 'em, Strangedasein!

Zamps
01-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Well I'm glad I slept in this morning. Well, if you can call 7:30 sleeping in. It's nice to hear that Target actually put something out. I'm hoping to find the figures at Wal-Mart and save a few $$.

DarthZoff
01-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Most WM stores have these figures in the back but are waiting until they finish the reset. Most if not all WMs will be reseting the toy isle. As far as ordering, the stockers don't do the ordering, they are sotking monkets, that's it! Ordering is done automatic by the computer depending on how much gets sold. i.e. if you were to go in and steal a whole case, the computer will not see these UPCs go through the register and not ever know they were gone. They won't order more since it will think they are still in the store. Thus another reason shiplifting screws over the collectors. (wife worked for WM)
Sheboygan and Plymouth hasn't had Hoth wave in yet, since the reset. So look for those in that area if you live close.

Shoplifting and let's not forget STASHERS!!! The cops can deal with the shoplifters but if I ever catch someone bent over, stashing stuff under a shelf or into a tote, their backside will meet my size 11's.

TheCricket
01-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Found the Carkoon wave at Target Miller Park this morning. Picked up Han, Leia, Fett. Looked like they got 2-3 cases...no sign of Hoth wave. From the looks of it, Target and WM are still recovering from Christmas...not back to full stock on much of anything.

Thanks to xTEC4 for keep an eye out for the Carkoon figs!

Pimpimus_Prime
01-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Then I tracked him down to make sure that my suspicions were correct. He had grabbed all of the Hoth figures. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif He said that 'There was only a case, two of each.' Yeah, thanks. Hopefully he was a collector/someone on the boards, because if I got beat by a scalper I'll be even more pissed.

I bet I know who it was. I thought he worked on Saturdays though.

Val_Da_Carr
01-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Target in Racine had about 3 cases of the Carkoon wave and WM had one ROTS figure and a few Diecast ships and the newest 5 pack.

No Hoth wave yet...

Scarecrow
01-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I bet I know who it was. I thought he worked on Saturdays though.

So because I work on Saturdays, does that mean I'm being looked at as a suspect?! I'm glad we've resorted to McCarthyism here!

Pimpimus_Prime
01-14-2006, 09:52 PM
So because I work on Saturdays, does that mean I'm being looked at as a suspect?! I'm glad we've resorted to McCarthyism here!

lol.. You're all guilty until proven innocent!

darthdave1981
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Woke up yesterday a little late as I am not allowed to be toy hunting or buying anymore; says my wife anyway. (What she don't know about can't hurt me.) Waited for her to leave for work and then my 2 year old and I hit the stores. Target in Onalaska had the Carkoon wave, no Hoth. Checked shopko and nothing at all, just a few ROTS rejects and a 64 wookie variant.

Then went to Wal-Mart in Onalaska. THought for sure I missed the Hoth wave figs, but low and behold the had just stocked the pegs. I got the whole Hoth case to my self, finally I scored. The only 2 they didn't have was Vader and Veers. They had an extra Dwerlin, which I left for someone else. (Note* I checked back about 5pm last night and the Dwerlin was gone as well as most of the Carkoon wave; Damn Brian! J/K http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also went to the wasteland that is Toys R Us in Onalaska and they actually had stocked a couple complete Carkoon waves. Ah well, will check again at some point today.

Hope all is well.

Darth_Fett
01-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Could have scored entire Hoth (Walmart) and Carkoon (Target) wave Friday in Oshkosh. I didn't like the looks of some of the figures and passed on all except Vader, Veers, and Fett. Target's pricepoint of $6.99 also helped in my decision to leave most of the Carkoon wave on the pegs.

NotMertz
01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Stopped by Mad West Target this noon (right at noon) to return some things and much to my surprise they had the remains of the Hoth Wave out! Managed to get the four figures I wanted (Derlin, Veers, AT-AT Driver, and Power Droid). I left two snowtroopers and a Reiken on the pegs (along with Saga Wave 1 -- although I didn't pay attention to which figures were there).

I'm okay paying the extra $1 if it means I get to sleep in the next few weeks, thus saving time and gas money!

Zamps
01-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Once again, empty pegs at Wal-Mart West in Madison.

This morning they did have about 3 or 4 cases of Transformers on a cart. I know some of you have been waiting for them to put those out. I think the boxes said Wave 3 and Wave 4R2 (something like that).

DarthZoff
01-17-2006, 06:41 PM
It appears tha either things are coming in VERY slowly or 3 3/4" figures are going to be just a minor part of SAGA '06. After EXAUSTIVE searching in the Fox Valley I finally found a "sqaud" of those peg-warming Nemodian Warriors. Of course it was at TRU and they still want $6.99 for them! HA

DarthRay
01-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Once again, empty pegs at Wal-Mart West in Madison.

This morning they did have about 3 or 4 cases of Transformers on a cart. I know some of you have been waiting for them to put those out. I think the boxes said Wave 3 and Wave 4R2 (something like that).

They also had the NEW wave of Titanium ships. The AT-AT is very nice. The repainted Republic Gunship is fantastic. Its the first toy this year that my 9 year old can't wait to open. It painted to match Clone Wars Episode 21.

Darth Ray

ShyTown
01-17-2006, 09:21 PM
They also had the NEW wave of Titanium ships. The AT-AT is very nice. The repainted Republic Gunship is fantastic. Its the first toy this year that my 9 year old can't wait to open. It painted to match Clone Wars Episode 21.

Darth Ray

Is there going to be an AT-AT titanium?? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Pimpimus_Prime
01-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Is there going to be an AT-AT titanium?? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yeah, but its one of those little ones. I'm guessing we'll eventually see a larger one based on the action fleet mold.

Zamps
01-17-2006, 10:17 PM

Darth Ray

I did see those but wasn't sure if they were new or not. The AT-AT looked pretty cool but I decided to pass.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-18-2006, 10:06 AM
The Madison west Target had the latest wave of Titaniums. I gotta agree with DarthRay. The Republic Gunship kicks major butt. It looked like they also had a case of the Hoth wave out there. I'm guessing they won't last long.. especially now that I'm making this post. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

barenakedleia_s
01-18-2006, 10:36 AM
FDL Target put our a case of the Hoth Wave this morning. After I left they still had a Veers, Reikken, Derlin, and At-At Driver, and a snowtrooper. The Veers is a really nice figure, especially since he can also be just a generic Imperial officer. They also had a couple of the new Titaniums out as well.

facehammer
01-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Sure. And I'm not in Fondy today. Doh! I did find a bunch of Carcoon wave at the Appleton Mall Target yesterday. I picked up Leia and Bib to open. These Saga figures are quite impressive. I also saw that the Neenah Walmart had one lone Leia on the pegs. That is good since it may be the first appearance of them here. Pleny of other crap that isn't selling...like force battlers, unleashed, well pretty much everything but 3 3/4" figures.
Jeff

Zamps
01-18-2006, 02:07 PM
The Madison west Target had the latest wave of Titaniums. I gotta agree with DarthRay. The Republic Gunship kicks major butt. It looked like they also had a case of the Hoth wave out there. I'm guessing they won't last long.. especially now that I'm making this post. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

During lunch I picked up a Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver, Veers, Major Derlin, and General Rieekan. Didn't have any Vader, R2 or Power Droid.

Drizzit
01-18-2006, 03:40 PM
Remains of damaged Hoth wave at Waukesha Target at 1:30 today. No Vader or Gonk. I left them. 1 white titanium tie also.

TheCricket
01-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Still looking for Vader and Gonk, too. I haven't been to any local WM's in weeks...are they still in the process of resetting their toys?

jabbabon
01-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Entire hoth wave in target new berlin with new titainiums, passed on hoth figs- Target must lowere price to get my sale.

StrangeDasein
01-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Found the Hoth wave at Madison East Target this evening.

They must have put out 2 or 3 cases as there were at least 2 of each figure except the Gonk droid which I find strange.

Got the ultra-rare At-At driver with Yaddle Hologram!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

barenakedleia_s
01-18-2006, 07:12 PM
The Gonk droid, along with Vader, Reikeen, and R2, are one per case, but it soes seem strange that they had the others and not the Gonk droid. Maybe someone is amassing a Grand Army of power droids!

If your a member of the GG collector club check your email. They have a special members only Salacious Crumb bust for order ($50.00), as well as a full set of the Ice versions of the Hoth bust ups for $35.00.

xTEC4
01-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Remains of damaged Hoth wave at Waukesha Target at 1:30 today. No Vader or Gonk. I left them. 1 white titanium tie also.

Only 4 Bib's were left of the basic figs tonight. The White Tie was still there, almost got it, but in the end passed. Wouldnt mind one of the those Clone Wars deco Titanium gunships though.

NotMertz
01-18-2006, 11:45 PM
The power droid rewlz! I dig the pumpkin thingy on it's head, and that they added some wiring around it's midsection, and that they included a stand so you could pose it putting it's best foot forward!

(My nostalgia/love for the original Kenner version might be coloring my perceptions.)

Glad folks are finding what they want!

Sith_Lord_Cptn_Winkee
01-19-2006, 09:26 AM

During lunch I picked up a Snowtrooper, AT-AT Driver, Veers, Major Derlin, and General Rieekan. Didn't have any Vader, R2 or Power Droid.

Thanks for the heads up. I managed to score those same figures as well later in the day.

xTEC4
01-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Stopped into the Waukesha WalMart this morning. No basic's none, nada, but they had pegs full of the new Titanium's. Pickuped up the CW Gunship, very cool. The AT-AT is very nice looking too but passed for now.

barenakedleia_s
01-19-2006, 10:12 AM
FDL Wal-Mart had a case of the Hoth Wave out this morning. All were still there as of 8:15.

Bosski
01-19-2006, 04:17 PM
My luck is starting to fade. I seem to be missing out on the new wave of Titaniums at every store that I hit. I just want the Clone Wars deco Gunship. Can someone PM me if they have seen this one ship in the Milwaukee area in the last few hours who passed on it? Maybe it will still be hanging on the pegs. Thanks in advance!

Pimpimus_Prime
01-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Swiski66, I wouldn't worry about not finding it. The Clone Wars Gunship is shipping in the next three waves.

xTEC4
01-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Was running late for work this morning, so thought might as be even later, and stopped at the Miller Park Target.
They have stocked two full cases of the Hoth Wave. 2 Gnk's and 2 'Walking Man' Vader's on the pegs.
One of the Cliff's had a Yoda holo with him. First time seeing the Yoda (I'm not worried about the holo's or collecting them, but have made buying decisions based on it. Veer's w/ Vader, Boba w/ Boba, Snowtrooper w/ Stormtrooper) They did have a Snow w/ Storm also.

They also had the new Titaniums, but the CW Gunship was gone.

They also have varies price tags on the remaining collector cases. Some have $6.98, some $4.98, and still some $2.98. Only two packs were the better J-hook ones (their tags were $6.98), the rest were the round hole ones. I didnt do a scan to see if all are reduced price or only as marked.

Val_Da_Carr
01-20-2006, 11:13 AM
I was running between work locations and bumped into a fast walker heading toward the toy section....

He looked over the Die Casts and the boxes to be unpacked and asked an Target employee (very nicely) to unpack the box and wanted to apologize if I sounded like a smart *$$ when I was standing there.

He also gave me a heads up on the OC Target getting the Hoth wave in also.

SO I was late getting to the second office.

but did not see the CW gunship either but I did get the Tie fighters I wanted (probably will end up a gift for my nephews) but none the less...I do apologize about my behavior and hope to be/do better next time.

Thanks again Mystery Die Cast dude for the OC Heads up.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if this is all TRU's, but the Madison west store had the Galactic Heroes vehicles for $6.97, M&M 2 packs for $3.97 and the blaster rifle for $9.99. Tons of Power Rangers are on clearance too.. but no TF's. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Zamps
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Tons of Power Rangers are on clearance too..

Sweet! I'm going to leave work and run over there right now! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

facehammer
01-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey all, I found the rest of the Hoth series that I was looking for at the Neenah Walmart. (I really don't need a carded Snowtrooper) But I was wondering, which of these figures are just repacks. I know that the snowtrooper is, but is Vader? Gonk and R2 have some new accessories. Reiken is pretty much the same figure but without the big screen. Just wondering, thats all.
Jeff

Val_Da_Carr
01-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Does the snowtrooper look like they fell in yellow snow?

s_marlinfan
01-20-2006, 10:09 PM
I was lucky and able to get through and pre order the Sideshow 12" Kit Fisto. There were 1250 of the exclusive made and it sold out in 25 minuets!!!

I ordered the Obi-Wan two weeks ago and now Kit Fisto. I'm looking forward to when they show up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

xTEC4
01-21-2006, 09:31 AM
...I was wondering, which of these figures are just repacks. I know that the snowtrooper is, but is Vader? Gonk and R2 have some new accessories. Reiken is pretty much the same figure but without the big screen. Just wondering, thats all.
Jeff

Vader is a repaint of the 500th Edition Vader, R2 is the Early Bird R2 (which is based off the VOTC R2) w/ the Saga X-Wing accessories, and Gnk is a repainted and updated Gnk mold (additional wiring around the middle, and the accessories that fit on the top). And i believe Reiken is a straight repack.

ShyTown
01-21-2006, 03:12 PM
He also gave me a heads up on the OC Target getting the Hoth wave in also.

thanks for the tip...where or what is the OC Target?? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ShyTown
01-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Was running late for work this morning, so thought might as be even later, and stopped at the Miller Park Target.
They have stocked two full cases of the Hoth Wave. 2 Gnk's and 2 'Walking Man' Vader's on the pegs.

Just got back from miller park target - no Vader's left that's the only one I have yet to find http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Val_Da_Carr
01-21-2006, 03:27 PM
OC = Oak Creek, WI

on Howell between Puetz and Ryan.

Set back behind the new building that has Famous Footwear, Panera Bread and six other shops....

Drizzit
01-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Anyone finding anything in the Waukesha Milwaukee ares, Hoth wave? I have been to more places this weekend and haven't even seen stragler figs on the pegs. I might have to break down and order a case from EE.

darthdave1981
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Not Waukesha, but still pretty good. Went to Wal-Mart and found Veers and Standing Vader (completed my hoth wave). Did that last week Monday, forgot to post.

Just got back from Target and they had the 5pack cases for 2.48 each. Had like 6 packs, so I bought 2.

That is about it. I have found the new legos here and there, but nothing too spectacular. Haven't even seen the Hoth wave anywhere else or heard of it since last week Monday when I found the 2 figs. Hope everyone else is having better luck.

Dave

Freezeman
01-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Super Wal-Mart opened today. Only had the first wave of figures. Picked up all but Chewie and Barada due to card condition. Thy did have a few of the Boba Fett variant packaging with the flames in front.

Val_Da_Carr
01-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Found Hoth at the Racine Target, and the Super WM in Racine is DRY....still got Jango's Slave 1 Titanium on the pegs.

Zamps
01-24-2006, 04:24 PM
12" Slideshow figures Anakin and Obi-Wan are available at Starwarsshop.com for those of you who missed them. They also have a link for Luke but it doesn't seem to be working.

ShyTown
01-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey fellow milwaukeeians...the wal-mart on East Capitol had a 12' barris this afternoon, as well as the entire hoth wave...minus the vader 4 me!!

Val_Da_Carr
01-25-2006, 12:19 AM
27th Street WM...All Hoth sans Vader and Gonk...not me

Zamps
01-25-2006, 08:08 AM
It seems to be pretty dry in Madison. Wal-Mart doesn't have any figures and has put anything out for awhile. I haven't been to Target since last week but haven't heard any reports.

Is this the sign of things to come? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Drizzit
01-25-2006, 08:53 AM
It seems to be pretty dry in Madison. Wal-Mart doesn't have any figures and has put anything out for awhile. I haven't been to Target since last week but haven't heard any reports.

Is this the sign of things to come? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lets hope not. Ordering cases online takes the fun out of the hunt. So does not finding anything for two or three weeks.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-25-2006, 03:05 PM

Target had a case of Titaniums on Monday but that's the only new thing I've seen all week.

StrangeDasein
01-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I know this isn't a true "Hunting Down the Toys" but I'm trying to hunt down my astromechs from EE.

Anyone in Wisconsin get there's yet?

Zamps
01-25-2006, 10:44 PM
I know this isn't a true "Hunting Down the Toys" but I'm trying to hunt down my astromechs from EE.

I ended up canceling my order. It looks like they should be arriving soon. I think their website says they have some in stock.

FYI-Target had nothing this afternoon also. My wallet is thanking me that things are slow right now but it makes we wonder where the heck all the figures are hiding.

Val_Da_Carr
01-25-2006, 11:42 PM
I ordered from BBTS (keeping it local) and have not gotten confirmation of my order yet.

I am ordering a case from them and splitting it with 4 other ppl and it was cheaper after tax & freight to order from BBTS.

But since EE has them in stock I wonder if the extra cost would have been worth it.

INDY
01-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Mine came today.

JP_1C
01-26-2006, 02:19 PM
The Walmart on moorland and national has remains of the hoth wave at 12:30 today. 2 walking Vaders, 1 R2, ATATs, snow troopers and the others, but no power droids. Target on moorland and I43 has had 1 white Tie hanging for 3 days now and is still there, so much for Treasure Hunt.

Drizzit
01-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Wal Mart Pewaukee had the remains of the Hoth wave at 12 today. No Vader, Gonk, R2d2 but plenty of the others.

jabbabon
01-26-2006, 09:21 PM
waukesha walmart had hoth at 7pm

xTEC4
01-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Was in Watertown tonight so swung by WalMart (their pegs were empty except for some Unleashed Utapauian Warrior Battlepacks), ShopKo still had some ROTS. Biggest peg warmer.....
Tarkin! They had 4 Tarkin, a couple Shaak Ti's, a couple Padmes, and of course a few Nedionian Warriors. And just in case you missed him, they had 3 OTC Lobots hanging there too.

DarthRay
01-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Westside Madison Walmart had series 2 mini-Unleashed out this morning.

Also the Attacktix bonus packs are down to $4. Anyone interested in trading extras?

Darth Ray

Pimpimus_Prime
01-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Westside Madison Walmart had series 2 mini-Unleashed out this morning.

There's still another case of them on the cart. They also had the Titanium 5 packs with the raw Falcon. I don't remember seeing this before.

VadersClone
01-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Got my bounty hunter pack-hunt for the falcon yesterday, looks pretty sweet all packaged up together.
Also pre-ordered the clone wars gunship to come out in May i think from Amazon.com/toysrus. Didn't want to take the chance of not seeing one on the shelf. This is going to be a very hot item me thinks.

Still need fett from carkoon wave and haven't seen hoth here in green bay yet. Although i did get a call that i missed all of them at target east. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

xTEC4
01-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Pewaukee WalMart had the remains of the Hoth wave last night around 4pm. I was surprised to see 2x Veers, 2x AT-AT, and 1 Snowtrooper, the rest were gone.
They had all the new Unleashed Battlepacks, except Gree's group, a bunch of Luke/X-Wing SWTF, and the 5 pack Titanium's with the raw Falcon.

So if the 3 week stagger holds, we might see Geonosis this week

JediCW
01-29-2006, 09:13 AM

Got mine on Thursday as well. Very nice figures.

CmdrWorf
01-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I found the Hoth wave at the Chippewa Falls wal-mart last night. I got all but R2 and the Power Droid. There were still some remnents when I left.

DarthZoff
01-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Appleton West Walmart had pegs FULL of the Hoth wave Monday afternoon 1/30.

INDY
01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
So as I understand it, Lake Geneva is getting a Target, and Kenosha will be upgrading to a super wal-mart in a new location early next year.

It sucks about the super WalMart. Having a store that actually opens and closes makes getting figures easier.

Pimpimus_Prime
01-30-2006, 04:47 PM
I stopped at the Baraboo Walmart on the way home from the Dells today. The store was fully stocked with the latest wave of Unleashed and had the Early Bird sets on clearance for $20. They also had the latest wave of Galactic Heroes on clearance for $5. Not the best price, but I haven't seen these on sale for some time.

xTEC4
01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Waukesha WalMart (at least this past weekend) still has a few Early Bird kits for $15. M-pire 2 packs are down to $3.

Zamps
01-31-2006, 08:01 AM
This morning I stopped at Mad Wal-Mart West. They must have put out a case of the Hoth Wave recently, there were two General Rieekans left on the pegs. Looked like they also restocked the SW Transformers.

I can't express how tired and disappointed I am of going into stores and finding nothing. If this keeps up it will make my decision to stop collecting pretty easy. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

TheCricket
01-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah, my toy run is down to about once a week, sometimes less. As to INDY's suggestion about the store that closes at night...I'm sure that keeps the scalpers and Hot Wheels guys away. I think if they could ride in the truck from distribution, they would.

StrangeDasein
01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't know when to go anymore. I lost the ambition of going everyday back in the separation of the twins days. When my wife was on break from school she would go every morning and she found the 1st wave. Then I randomly hit the Hoth wave on a Thursday night at Target. Since then I've seen nothing for figures (why oh why didn't I buy that lone power droid? stoopid me). I think that it's back to Saturday and Sunday mornings. This isn't the ROTS days where there were at least figures on the pegs to rifle through in the hopes of finding something hidden in the back.

It's sad but you'd have thought that retailers would have learned how big a cash cow these figures are. Especially Target since they raised their prices. Raising the price is one thing, but you make even more money if you have actual figures on the pegs for people to buy!! That's why I don't get people who complain about paying $1.11 more at Target. I've gladly paid the higher price because Target is the only place I've seen the figures. I guess I see it as a stocking fee, or at least less than the S&H I'd pay on eBay.

Don't get me started on the stupid Bounty Hunt figures. 95% of Star Wars figures are impossible to find!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Zamps
01-31-2006, 10:04 AM
Amen brother. I down to about once or twice a week, mostly an excuse to get out of work at lunch time. I don't even really bother trying on the weekends, I'd rather relax at home than be disappointed. I've never really had luck ordering cases of figures online. It always seems to take way to long before I finally get the case. Although at this point I'm almost tempted.

INDY
01-31-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm surprised. Most stores that you frequent will get toy shipments on a certain day of the week. Once you figure that out (it changes sometimes around holidays), try to hit the store the night before and the next morning. I've REALLY cut back on my hunting to just the Target and WalMArt in Kenosha and the Target by work in IL. Between the three when I go on toy days, I really don't have a problem. The rest of the week I don't even look.

Zamps
01-31-2006, 07:36 PM
I usually stop by Wal-Mart on my way to work in the morning. Usually they put stuff out in the morning or they have a couple of carts still in the aisles. But since the holidays it has been horrible, absolutely nothing. It seems they have changed their whole stocking schedule, which is not to put anything out.

Darth_Fett
01-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Came across the entire Hoth wave & all the new Titaniums this morning at the Oshkosh Walmart. Only picked up the Clone Wars Gunship as I had all the other things that I wanted from both series.

darthdave1981
02-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Found the special Rep. Gunship for the Titanium edition this morning at Onalaska Wal-Mart. Didn't buy it though. Not collecting the titaniums. They also had 3 at ats and 1 white tie fighter.

On a different note. I got to be a daddy on Monday night again...

Welcome William Edward to the world. 7lbs 2.5 oz 19" in length.

He is a little cutie and will be AN AVID SW FAN!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will post pics when I get em.

Dave

Drizzit
02-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Found the special Rep. Gunship for the Titanium edition this morning at Onalaska Wal-Mart. Didn't buy it though. Not collecting the titaniums. They also had 3 at ats and 1 white tie fighter.

On a different note. I got to be a daddy on Monday night again...

Welcome William Edward to the world. 7lbs 2.5 oz 19" in length.

He is a little cutie and will be AN AVID SW FAN!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will post pics when I get em.

Dave

Congrats!

DarthZoff
02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Congratulations Dave!

Zamps
02-01-2006, 04:23 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Congrats http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

combatser
02-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Congrats on being a Daddy again!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pimpimus_Prime
02-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Congrats on finding the Gunship..

Oh yeah.. congrats on the baby too. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

xTEC4
02-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Congrats.

"The Force is strong in this one."

VadersClone
02-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Congrats on the boy!!!

CmdrWorf
02-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Congrats Dave. I've got until the end of April before its my turn for that. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

barenakedleia_s
02-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Congrats! My next one (number 3) is due at the end of July.

xTEC4
02-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Nothing new at Waukesha or Pewaukee WalMarts. Just a couple Derlin's still on the pegs.
For some reason I found two Vader Choppers stashed over in the clearance aisle's at the Waukesha WalMart.

Drizzit
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
For some reason I found two Vader Choppers stashed over in the clearance aisle's at the Waukesha WalMart.

That's where they will end up, sooner or later.

Val_Da_Carr
02-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Congrats Dave!!!!

been working insanely hard...6am to 9pm....finally got a break today...left at 6pm

Hit Target and found the one figure and new Unleashed mini boogers.

I miss the 7 inch line.

nothing new.

Maybe something will jump off in Feb....

btw I got my EE droids today...very cool indeed-O

and K Mart left out their plan o gram from the Action figure section and it looks like 9 pegs for SW figures ALONE.

That currently beats the space set aside by WM & Target conbined on average.

barenakedleia_s
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
FDL Target put out three cases of Hoth wave this morning, all were still there at 9:00am. This was the first time I've seen the pegs FULL of the new Saga wave. Full pegs of the the all black cards gave me a flashback to the late 70's and early 80's when the originals were out.

DarthFlan
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Appleton Walmarts and Targets have just a few Hoth Figures. Mostly Cliff and Veers. Also tons of the Unleashed Battlepacks are in the Valley Area. Titainiums are hard to find especially the Gunship.

Just waiting for Geonosis now.

Flan

StrangeDasein
02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Target had the Hoth wave, although short packed figures are gone (again, why didn't I buy that power droid?) the rest of the wave is there with at least 1 figure representing.

Wal-mart: did they ever have figures? Oh and the Choppers seem to be selling extremely well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Zamps
02-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Wal-mart: did they ever have figures? Oh and the Choppers seem to be selling extremely well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've only seen parts of each wave so far. Probably one case for each wave. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

ShyTown
02-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Last night - around 9, the target by Miller Park had 6 pegs full of the hoth wave, that's it though...unless you want a Vader voice changer http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DarthFlan
02-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Any Signes of the Geonosis wave anywhere?

Pimpimus_Prime
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I stopped at the Madison west Walmart after work. On an island by the toy department they had 40+ of those stupid choppers. This doesn't include the 10 or so by the other Star Wars toys.

It makes you wonder who's ordering toys for some of these stores. Why not order something that actually sells, like the Saga figures or Titaniums? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Freezeman
02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
This just in from http://www.yodasnews.com/

Mail away for Lucas in Storm Trooper Disguise on 2006 VOTC packs.

OK so it's been slow... I wanted to post something...

Zamps
02-07-2006, 08:12 AM
I stopped at the Madison west Walmart after work. On an island by the toy department they had 40+ of those stupid choppers. This doesn't include the 10 or so by the other Star Wars toys.

It makes you wonder who's ordering toys for some of these stores. Why not order something that actually sells, like the Saga figures or Titaniums? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I saw that this morning. For all you chopper collectors they had the Boba Fett variation where he is packaged facing both directions!!!!

They had some Titaniums this morning. I'm not a collector of these but I decided to get the CW Republic Gunship and the white TIE Fighter. It's been awhile since I found anything and I wasn't leaving the store empty handed again.

StrangeDasein
02-07-2006, 08:43 AM
For all you chopper collectors they had the Boba Fett variation where he is packaged facing both directions!!!!

NO WAY!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Now I have to rush over there on my lunch break! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DarthFlan
02-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Uggggg!

Choppers! The single most waste of plastic, labor, research & Developement and advertising known to exist since the home labotomy kit in 1953.

May they die and rot along with every plastic slinky ever created!

Flan

Zamps
02-07-2006, 09:52 AM
For all you chopper collectors they had the Boba Fett variation where he is packaged facing both directions!!!!

NO WAY!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Now I have to rush over there on my lunch break! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You better go now. I'm not sure they will still be there at lunch time. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CmdrWorf
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I have this strange hunch that at 90% off the choppers still would not sell..... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drizzit
02-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Saw the remains of the new wave, only one there was yoda, at Target Delafield today at 10 AM. It is still there. I won't pay 7 bucks for it. The one day I show up late and it looks like I miss out.

JediCW
02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Empty figure pegs at Target East today.Go figure.

xTEC4
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Well at least I know I dont have to stop there tomorrow morning like I was planning to do.
Waukesha Target last night only had a couple Veers and a few Derlin's.

Val_Da_Carr
02-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Target Oak Creek had the remainders of the Hoth.

ShyTown
02-07-2006, 04:42 PM
At 1:15pm Wal-Mart on W. Capitol (west of Sherman) had 2 clone wars gunships (titanium), all the Hoth wave, and the Harley Vaders...Miller Park Target had everything Hoth except Vader.

**One of the Clone Wars Gunships was in a check out isle hangin' out with the chips display by a register 2 or 3 rows over from the "10 items or fewer" isle**

INDY
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Kenosha Target got in Geonosian wave today. Couldn't go until after work. Two guys were there already. All the good guys were gone but by shear luck I was able to get a Sun Fac the other guys unfortunately missed. I'll try there again next week.

xTEC4
02-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Looks like Target was the place to be this morning. Stopped into the Waukesha Target on the way home. They must have got a new case of Hoth and Geonosis. A lone Yoda left from Geonosis, and still had R2, an AT-AT driver, a Snowtrooper, and a few more Veers and Derlin since yesterday.

s_marlinfan
02-07-2006, 11:30 PM
The Northridge Target had the whole Genosis wave tonight. I could only affoard to get 4 of the 8. Due to us getting a house this month. Which is going to put a huge dent in my collecting budget. But I picked up the Utapau Clone Trooper, Scorch, Sora Bolq, and C-3PO(with his own head attached). They still had Sun Fac, Poggle the Lesser, Yoda, C-3PO(with Battle Droid head attached)and Jango Fett left. If it would have been a month ago or next month I would have got them all. But I picked up what I could. Times are going to be tight for us for a little while with the whole new house expense and all. But I was suprised I saw this wave. Especially being able to pick up the Clones.

NotMertz
02-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Time to start hunting . . . really just want Sun Fac, Sora Bulq, and Scorch. Maybe the clone. Any Madison sightings yet?

Azrael
02-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Has anyone found these at Wal-Marts yet?

Zamps
02-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Any Madison sightings yet?

Not yet, but we'll see this week/weekend.

DarthRay
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Any Madison sightings yet?

Not yet, but we'll see this week/weekend.

Madison West Target had one case out this morning. There were a few nice figures. I don't understand why the new clones are one per case while the repaint of "Poggle the Lesser" is two per case.

Darth Ray

Pimpimus_Prime
02-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Ray, did you see that Walmart had the series 3 Attacktix?

Zamps
02-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Madison West Target had one case out this morning. There were a few nice figures. I don't understand why the new clones are one per case while the repaint of "Poggle the Lesser" is two per case.

Darth Ray

I figured they would. I guess there's no need to go check at lunch. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NotMertz
02-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Zamps,

If you're still looking for a Power Droid and a Vader (Hoth Wave) Target West had two droids and one Vader yet still this morning. Of course, that was at 8am.

Oh, and it was nice to score a Sun Fac and Utapau Clone Trooper this morning. Nicer still if I would have been able to score Sora Bulq & Scorch, but they left in good hands.

Zamps
02-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Zamps,

If you're still looking for a Power Droid and a Vader (Hoth Wave) Target West had two droids and one Vader yet still this morning. Of course, that was at 8am.

Thanks for the tip. But I think you're right, they'll be gone by lunch time.

DarthRay
02-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Ray, did you see that Walmart had the series 3 Attacktix?

No, I skipped Walmart to get to Target earlier. Thanks for the info.

Darth Ray

StrangeDasein
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
East Target had all the figures from the Hoth wave, I bought the one Gonk droid!

No figures from the Geo wave although there were empty pegs so perhaps someone else scored them.

jlukas
02-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Someone beat me to both Targets in the valley. The target at the fox river mall has yoda, poggle, and sun fac left. The other was picked clean.

facehammer
02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
It wasn't me. I've seen nothing but choppers etc... no figures as of lately.

Val_Da_Carr
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, with the lake effect snow I did not stop in SE Wis...so here we go again.

xTEC4
02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Hit Waukesha, Pewaukee, and Delafield WalMarts this morning and no Geonosis sightings. (Waukesha, Delafield pegs empty [of basic figures], Pewaukee has some Hoth hanging on the pegs [one Power droid left])

If the original Delafield Target sighting holds (only a Yoda) left, Delafield Target might have put out more figures sometime yesterday. There were 2 Sun Fac's on the pegs (along with some Hoth wave, and a lone Chewie from Carkoon).

Did pickup a xbox360 premium at the Delafield WalMart though.

xTEC4
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Stopped into Miller Park Target on the way into work this morning. They had a case of Carkoon on the pegs along with most of 2 cases of Hoth (I didnt see any Vader's and I dont recall seeing any AT-AT drivers).

jlukas
02-10-2006, 11:33 AM
to anyone who will be making a run to janesville target today could you please check what they have in for JL figs both single and 3 pack? I will be in edgerton on Sat ans I an trying to catch up on my justice league figures with the slow on star wars. Also can anyone recommend a great comic shop in madison, that has a good selecion of older dc direct figures at reasonible prices? Sometimes the bigger stores will have clearance boxes of older figures. ANy help would be appreciated. Oh, on a star wars stor report NOTHING IN THE FOX VALLEY YET!. Thank you

INDY
02-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I've seen the new JLA figures with the Geo wave. I should think they got stocked at the same time. I have seen the new single packs (just WW, Wildcat and Batman?) and 3 of the new three packs (GLC, bad guys, WW/SM/BM)

Pimpimus_Prime
02-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Also can anyone recommend a great comic shop in madison, that has a good selecion of older dc direct figures at reasonible prices?

I'd try Westfield's. I know they have DC Direct figures but I don't know if they're on clearance.

Zamps
02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.......

At the rate figures are being released this is going to be near impossible.
SW (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20060210.html)

combatser
02-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Went to Target in the Appleton Mall and picked up the only Geonosis figure left.. C3-PO.
Guess I will have to keep hunting.

Pimpimus_Prime
02-10-2006, 08:30 PM

They might as well call those "scalper hunt" figures. At only two per case, they're going to be impossible to find.

Zamps
02-10-2006, 08:56 PM
They might as well call those "scalper hunt" figures. At only two per case, they're going to be impossible to find.

No sh_t! My thoughts exactly. If you're not there opening the case, you're never going to find them. Can only hope they flood the market with cases of figures.

s_marlinfan
02-10-2006, 09:55 PM

Man all that treasure hunt stuff is going to suck so bad! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It's hard enough to get the regular figures much less this. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You know that one of those Treasure hunt figs being Cody is going to be the mother of them all to get. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

But that Clone Wars Republic Gunship & Clones are to die for.

NotMertz
02-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Stopped at Wal-Mart West tonight right before closing -- only thing interesting that I noticed was one Titanium White TIE Fighter. No basic figures out at all. Still lots of Choppers. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know it seems dry there right now, but one of these days, BOOM -- the pegs will be packed with goodness.

Maybe see some folks at Target in the morning. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DarthFlan
02-11-2006, 07:58 AM
I was extremely fortunate.....I cobbled together the entire wave from about 6 targets over the last week. Including the c-3po variant http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

One thin I noticed so far in my travels is that 'Poggle the Warmer' and 'Sun Fac the hanger' was all that was left if there were any........Time will tell.

Happy Hunting!

StrangeDasein
02-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Nothing at Target. They hadn't restocked which seemed to really [censored] off the two scalpers there this morning!

No figures but it was worth it to see these two guys racing each other to the SW figure aisle and the matchbox car aisle!!

I guess when it's how you make your living you're a little more pissed than a guy that loves SW and collecting figures like me!

StrangeDasein
02-11-2006, 10:03 AM

I hate the idea of treasure hunt figures too. When 90% of the line seems to be an ultimate galactic hunt finding these figures will be impossilbe.

However if this is all they are then I really couldn't care:
Consisting of a foil package, a special vac-metal silver foil display base, and a silver-painted version of the hologram figure, these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector.

It sounds like the figures won't have any modifications.

On another note I was impressed by the George Lucas figure!

Freezeman
02-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Both Wal-Mart and Target are ripe for restocking, but nothing new has hit the shelves. Just straggler Han's, Leia's and Bib's.

Have not seen anything past the first wave.

Looks like May is going to be a hard hit on the pocket book. VOTC fig's look well done, but having to buy 5 of them for the Lucas... or wait having to buy 10 of them (5 to open for the certificate or whatever) Cha Ching!

As far as the chase figures- guess I'll have to see some pics to make any decisions. I can spray paint a holo figure as well as Hasbro.

Better start saving now...

LT_BRYLL
02-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Both Wal-Mart and Target are ripe for restocking, but nothing new has hit the shelves. Just straggler Han's, Leia's and Bib's.

Have not seen anything past the first wave.

Looks like May is going to be a hard hit on the pocket book. VOTC fig's look well done, but having to buy 5 of them for the Lucas... or wait having to buy 10 of them (5 to open for the certificate or whatever) Cha Ching!

As far as the chase figures- guess I'll have to see some pics to make any decisions. I can spray paint a holo figure as well as Hasbro.

Better start saving now...

See starwarsshop.com for the 10 figures to get the lucas trooper save the gas money and the problems of finding them.
goodluck.

Pimpimus_Prime
02-11-2006, 09:45 PM
This might explain why we haven't seen any new Saga figs at Walmart lately...

Earlier this week, one of the guys that works at the Madison west Walmart told me that the Saga figures were marked as DELETED/CREF in the computer. Essentially, they're not getting any more. Unfortuantely, its not just this store. A guy I know works at the Beaver Dam Walmart and according to him, they're showing up in the computer like that there too.

wtf is up with Walmart? I know some of the employees aren't really that bright but can management be this stupid?

Zamps
02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Doesn't surprise me. And since TRU doesn't have any pegs for figures, that leaves Target as the only place that sells figures. I have a feeling there are going to be more and more of us waiting together for Target to open. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

facehammer
02-12-2006, 12:56 AM
It seems like every non movie year this kind of thing happens. Some store has it listed that they aren't getting any more Star Wars figures. They always seem to restock eventually, but it may not be until a wave or two has gone by. (especially this year, cripes!)

I've checked the Walmart in Neenah several times lately. I turn the corner into the isle and all the pegs are full of figures except for a huge bare spot where there are tags for the Saga figures. I have seen the Tatooine wave there and the Hoth wave there. (even picked up a couple openers today) My point is that all the other lines are full but Star Wars. You'd think that would inspire somebody to up their orders.

I wouldn't be so worried, but as quick as these waves have been coming out, if you miss a wave you may not be able to get it. It's a love hate thing with Hasbro for me. I love the fact that they are giving us a amazing variety of figures, but I hate the fact that they come and go so fast. You'd think they would want to get their money's worth out of those molds. Putting a figure out for a 3 week span of time and then retiring it doesn't make much sense to me. Granted we aren't seeing any pegwarmers, but that's because we aren't really seeing that many figures either. I consider myself a pretty dedicated collector, but I've only seen the Hoth wave twice, and only one time were all of them present.

I'll stop rambling. I guess to summarize, lots of empty pegs for saga figures when every other line is present signals to me that there is a higher demand for these figures. So either the stores are ordering like idiots, or Hasbro has grossly underestimated our interest in the Saga line.

Jeff

DarthFlan
02-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, The Targets in the Fox Valley Area Havent restocked since Geonosis came out. The Target in Green bay has Yoda, Sun, Poggle and Sora left there.

Im just keeping a sharp eye out for Coruscant, they way these things have been going they'll be out by the end of the month!

Flan

Freezeman
02-12-2006, 04:29 PM
http://www.yakface.com/

About a quarter of the way down the page ther is a pic of the silver painted holo.

Front Pic Here
http://www.yakface.com/Features/toyfair06/images/13.jpg

NotMertz
02-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I've been in this long enough to trust that many of the waves that we're having a hard time finding right now will eventually be out in mass at the various retail stores. That doesn't mean I won't be hitting the stores (Target) heavy this next week or so, but Hasbro does tend to correct/add initially hard-to-find figures to later waves (except, of course, Ephant Mon and the MacQuarrie Storm Trooper).

Of course, that was back when they'd tend to show up at Kaybee and/or K-Mart. Which of course, have vanished from Madison. And with only one TRU in town shortly, it might be a whole new ball game . . . .

So in other words, I'm optimistic, but cautiously so . . . http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

laughitup
02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey guys
Is the Utapau clone trooper included in with the Geonosis wave? I havent seen it mentioned in the wave breakdown on various sites... Has anyone come across him yet?

xTEC4
02-13-2006, 12:36 AM
The #26 Utapau Clone Trooper is shipping with cases of the Geonosis wave.

I hate the idea of having to hit Target in the morning. 8am opening is too late. WalMart at 7 makes it easy to stop in, check and still get to work BEFORE 8am.

Zamps
02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I hate the idea of having to hit Target in the morning. 8am opening is too late. WalMart at 7 makes it easy to stop in, check and still get to work BEFORE 8am.

I hear ya, I start work at 7. The only time I can make it to Target is at lunch time and by then stuff is usually gone.

TheCricket
02-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Checked out the Yakface images...I didn't much care about the silver-holo UGH stuff before seeing it. Now I'm certain that I don't care. If I see one, I'll buy it if I need the figure. Not doing any hunting for them.

xTEC4
02-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I am planning on doing the same. If I see a UGH of a figure I want (to keep carded), I will get it, otherwise it will be a pass.

Val_Da_Carr
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Stopped at Chase...only found Gray button stickers..nothing else

Did the Geonosian wave hit and I missed it?

NotMertz
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Oh, yeah, by the way -- nothing at Madison Target West this morning. Not a huge surprise, of course.

UGH = ugh! How uninteresting -- this is one collector who isn't going to bother (good news for everyone else -- my gift to you).

Also, found a Wal-Mart EIII DVD Commerative 3-pack of clones this weekend while on the road. Picked it up. I'm assuming everyone here caught it, but I might try to use it to leverage a trade in the near future. Scorch or -- more likely -- Cody, anyone? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NotMertz
02-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Still nothing. Hoth wave warms pegs well. 'specially Derlin.

DarthRay
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
No one else probably cares, but thanks to a tip from "Pimpimus_Prime", I found the new Series 3 Attacktix "Jabba the Hut" at Madison Walmart West. It matches the descriptions I seen on the net already: "The first Jabba the Hut [censored] toy". My boys have been waiting for this toy to go up against the existing Ataacktix "Master" figures (AT-RT & Gunship).

Darth Ray

NotMertz
02-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey, that's awesome. Beats the nothing at Target this morning.

Pimpimus_Prime
02-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Target has been sucking lately.. and not just for Star Wars. The scanners say that they have TF Alternators in the back room but the employees keeping saying they're at the warehouse. They've been in the damn warehouse for 2 weeks now. wtf? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Zamps
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM

Thanks, just saved me a trip at lunch. Now I can go look for a tv stand for my new HDTV! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

StrangeDasein
02-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Nothing at Target on the East Side.

It really sucks only having one store to check. Although it does save time. But it'd be nice if Wal-mart started stocking, and those of us on the East side are screwed by TRU changing to BRU....unless Saga figures become a big hit with the 9 to 14 month crowd. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Not that the West side TRU is stocking but they will someday.

Pimpimus_Prime
02-15-2006, 02:10 PM
The Madison west TRU finally got in some more Saga figs. They had about 12 pegs overflowing with Tatooine figures. Nothing like getting some variety. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NotMertz
02-16-2006, 12:08 AM

Thanks, just saved me a trip at lunch. Now I can go look for a tv stand for my new HDTV! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, hey, I have some extra figures -- wanna trade them for the TV?

Zamps
02-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Well, hey, I have some extra figures -- wanna trade them for the TV?

Sure, how about 2 Jar-Jars, an R2 and a Boss Nass. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DarthRay
02-16-2006, 10:56 AM

You called it yesterday, NotMertz. At least two cases of Geo figures at Madison West Target this morning. But don't run out there now, I picked up the Scorches and clones. My eldest has been trying to buy my Scorch.

Darth Ray

Val_Da_Carr
02-16-2006, 11:43 AM
With the craptacular weather (rain,sleet....oooh lightning) for now, I don't think I will see the chance to visit Target over lunch today.....I wouldn't be surprised to find out later that figures showed up...

Zamps
02-16-2006, 12:02 PM
At least two cases of Geo figures at Madison West Target this morning. But don't run out there now, I picked up the Scorches and clones. My eldest has been trying to buy my Scorch.
Darth Ray

I had a feeling that was going to happen today. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif How many Scorches and Clones are in a case?

If I had our 4wd car this morning I would stop during lunch on my way home. But I left it for the wife, so I think I'll pass. At least they're letting us go home at lunch. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

xTEC4
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
With the craptacular weather (rain,sleet....oooh lightning) for now, I don't think I will see the chance to visit Target over lunch today.....I wouldn't be surprised to find out later that figures showed up...

Nothing new at the Miller Park Target this morning.

Wally World (at least the two I stopped in) are still barren of basics. Two new cases of the Titanium 5 packs (raw Falcon) were being stocked though. (Waukesha WalMart)

xTEC4
02-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I had a feeling that was going to happen today. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif How many Scorches and Clones are in a case?

1x of each per case. (from what I have been told, have yet to see anything other then a single Yoda, and Sun Fac from Geonosis wave)

I am so sad....
I hit Carkoon and Hoth on my first visits when looking. Now with Geonosis, week and a half and have yet to see a Scorch or Utapau trooper. (I know, you all feel sad for me too)