PDA

View Full Version : Recent Finds/News SAGA! (MD/DC/VA)

Pages : [1] 2

JabbaJoe
12-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Hello all! Since ROTS line is ending, and the current acquisitions post is getting big, I thought a new post for SAGA would be appropriate.

So....

I looked at Hunt Valley Wal-Mart. Nothing. Timonium Target. Nothing. TRU in Towson, Nothing. Wal-Mart in White Marsh, I must have missed the new wave. I went there around 1:30, 2:00 yesterday afternoon. I will check around Columbia today. Wish me luck!

CamaroJedi
12-27-2005, 09:29 AM
I just came back from Walmart in White Marsh and picked up Boba Fett to open since I already have the Carkoon wave. Walmart had 2 of each fig.

VeryLaZ
12-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Hello all! Since ROTS line is ending, and the current acquisitions post is getting big, I thought a new post for SAGA would be appropriate.

So....

I looked at Hunt Valley Wal-Mart. Nothing. Timonium Target. Nothing. TRU in Towson, Nothing. Wal-Mart in White Marsh, I must have missed the new wave. I went there around 1:30, 2:00 yesterday afternoon. I will check around Columbia today. Wish me luck!

Jabba, found the new wave at Wal Mart White Marsh late last night....

Wal Marts seem to be getting these in first...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1452312&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1452312

JabbaJoe
12-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Stopped @ Wal-Mart in Columbia around 12:30. Picked up the new line, and an extra Boba Fett. Here is the list with Holo figures. Time will tell what is going to be the “variations” with this line. Seems the empire side has empire Holo figures, and the same with the rebels.

Chewbacca - Padme
Barada - Darth Vader
Han Solo – Rebel Soldier (ANH)
Leia – Han Solo
Bib Fortuna – Emperor Palpatine
Boba Fett – Boba Fett
Boba Fett – Storm Trooper

Bring on the Hoth wave! Really looking forward to the AT-AT driver and the Snow Trooper!

Glassman6
12-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I keep forgetting this is the new thread.
We should get the other one locked.
I made the mistake of posting there yesterday.

Anyway, Germantown Target had clearence stuff. So i picked up the han solo cup for $6 and one more 501st trooper for $3.35, I only need a ROTJ cup now.
They have tons of star cases that i want to wait till they go to about $3 before i buy some. They are $6 now...maybe a week or two.

They had a couple tarkins for $3.35. They have the utapa stealth trooper for $9. Just 2 of them.

Glassman6
01-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Nobody found anything over the holiday weekend???

I found nothing this morning at Columbia Wal-mart or target.

Darth_Pharmacist
01-03-2006, 05:18 PM
I live in the SW tip of VA so I don't know if I qualify for this thread. Anyways I found 2 cases of Saga at a local WM. Bought 1 of each, except for 2 bobas.

Flacksguy
01-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Sure you do Pharmacist, welcome to the thread.
Where do you live?

I finally found this wave at Target yesterday, I decided to pass on all. After spending a small fortune on ROTS last year, I have to be more discriminating.....well, until the Hoth wave comes out anyway.

VeryLaZ
01-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Taget in Bel Air had everything today. (Target right next to Wal Mart) Saga figs, Transformers, Choppers. Any who needs to catch up head there...still waiting for the Hoth wave to hit...

CamaroJedi
01-03-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm sitting here patiently waiting for the Hoth Wave. My wallet and gas tank are thanking me right now!

Yo_Mama
01-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Found a fresh case of Vaders, Obi-Wan Pilot, AT-RT Drivers and R2-D2 at WM today. Picked up 5 SA Troopers, 2 AT-RT Drivers for $4 each!!! WM in MD on Branch Ave had the new Titanium wave. Picked up new Slave 1, New Vulture Droid, Death Star, 3 Republic Attack Cruisers, 1 White TIE, Biker Scout, Turbo Tank plus one each of the new Titanium Ultras. Oh, and 1 Spudtrooper. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Darth_Pharmacist
01-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks Flacksguy

The past 3 years I actually lived in Richmond (west side on Glenside Drive) I moved to Rosedale VA, it's near bristol. I sure miss being in Richmond I could do 4 WM's and 3 targets in less than 2 hours. Now it takes me all day to do 4 WM's and 1 target. Not to mention we're usually a week or two behind. Although I think I found the Bly Gree wave before. So sometimes it's good.

Flacksguy
01-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I ran into the same problem when I moved out here to Winchester this summer---alot fewer stores.

The good part was there are also alot fewer collectors around here too, so I actually have an easier time finding things.

codyfan82
01-04-2006, 12:53 PM
All the stores around here (Walmart and Target, Alexandria VA) have been empty, just clearance stuff. I did see $6.99 on the pegs at Target, so i'm hoping that the Saga stuff will arrive soon. I did find Saga Boba and Saga Bib at TRU in the Kingstowne area though.

CamaroJedi
01-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Is anyone else still finding ROTS figs. I am still in need of some so please chime in on some places.

JabbaJoe
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
I have not seen anything but busted up figs at TRU in Columbia. No stores I frequent have anything, not even Saga restock.

Also, does anyone know of a good pricing guide for vintage stuff? I am looking to start my vintage collection.
Thanks!

lowenbotten
01-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I picked up the Death Star and Slave-1 Titanium Series at Target in Columbia today.

Anakin21
01-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Found the entire wave at Target today. My store just finished its reset yesterday so Im thinking that's what prompted the full pegs.

TRU and other Targets had remnants of Wave 1. Have an extra Chewbacca if anyone wants it. Otherwise he's going back next week. Just shoot me a PM. Also have a Spudtrooper unopened that needs a home!

Glassman6
01-10-2006, 12:59 AM
I guess everyone had ZERO luck this weekend.

My home internet is out and i expected to come in and see a long list of finds!

Oh well..

MaddysDaddy
01-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Target in Middle River did their reset this weekend, Picked up the Transformers, and the Mini White Tie.
Later Jay

JabbaJoe
01-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Nothing lately. I would like to get the mini tie though.... Anyone have an idea on the Hoth wave? I am getting a bit antsy....

CamaroJedi
01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Going out early tomorrow to hunt for the Hoth Wave. Wish me luck!

CamaroJedi
01-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Went on a Hunt for the Hoth wave today and found nothing. I did find a Boba Fett with the flames in front of his legs at Target.

Glassman6
01-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Which target? Columbia? I was there this morning and saw nothing!

CamaroJedi
01-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Target in White Marsh. There were 3 other Bobas with flames in front of legs on the pegs.

Glassman6
01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
I think everyone has given up on Columbia target...even the hot wheels guys havent been there in 2 days. Nothing today either for star wars.

JabbaJoe
01-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I agree about Target in Columbia. The people in the toy department have not seem to be very nice in the past. I can't get there until later in the day, so I do not know who the HotWheels guys are. Nothing in Towson Target or WalMart either. It seems the waves hit about 3 to 5 days after other sightings are reported in other states.

CamaroJedi
01-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Did you check Towson Target this morning??? Which walmart did you check???

JabbaJoe
01-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Yo, CameroJedi,

I checked Towson Target and Walmart yesterday evening. I also checked Columbia Walmart this morning. Nada. I am really looking forward to the snowtrooper. He is my favorite variation of troopers from 4, 5, and 6.

CamaroJedi
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Just checked Target and Walmart in White Marsh and didnt find the Hoth Wave. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif Target did have all the figs from the Carkoon wave. O well better luck tomorrow.

JabbaJoe
01-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Here is an update:

Walmart and Target in Columbia: NADA
Walmart and Target in Elicott City: NADA
Walmart in Catonsville rt40: Only a few Wave 1

TRU in Catonsville: Episode 1???? Must have old stock they found. Nothing worth getting....

Tomorrow is a new day.

Flacksguy
01-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I came up empty handed today as well.

The stock girls were working on a big cart full of cases at Target, but none were Star Wars.
I did mangage to pick up 3 ROTS figures for 1.19 each, they must have been returns...Vader, Pilot Obi-Wan, and Spinning Yoda. I already have them all, but I can't pass up any figure for under 2 bucks!

CamaroJedi
01-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Hopefully the stores will restock tonite for the weekend. I am going out early tomorrow to search for Hoth.

Jrock310
01-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Hello, new to the forums and just wanted to see if anyone is having any luck finding any Saga figs around Kingstowne...I'm something like 0-for-20, and never even saw any of the Carkoon figs...

lowenbotten
01-13-2006, 07:53 AM
I've been checking Columbia Target & Walmart at various times throughout the week and haven't found anything. I'm looking for Barada and the Hoth figures. I've said this before and it's still true, Arundel Mills Walmart is useless.

MaddysDaddy
01-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Checked Dundalk Wal-Mart this morning, no Hoth Wave Yet.
Later jay

Glassman6
01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
I skipped COlumbia today. Found a couple transformers at Gaitersburg target. PLus all the ROTS star cases you could ever need are there.
I picked up 4 packs for $2.48 each. Now i can put all my customs figs in cases.
I aslo bought an ask yoda for $6.

CamaroJedi
01-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm gonna make my rounds this morning wish me luck!

Flacksguy
01-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the boards JRock!

I go out all week and find nothing!
My wife goes out to Wal-Mart this morning and finds the Hoth Wave.
I should let her do the hunting from now on.

She picked up all but the Snowtrooper (I already have a bunch of the Saga ones) an extra AT-AT Driver (because you NEED 2 drivers of course) and an extra Vader to keep carded.
She even got the Veers with the Vader Hologram!!!

Only problem is I can't have them until my Birthday in 2 weeks.

They should be showing up in MD soon.

Yo_Mama
01-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Found the "turds" of the Hoth wave in Clinton, MD Walmart this mrrning (R2 and Vader). No others from Hoth...I HATE it when I only find the dreggs of a wave! It's like finding Barada only from the Carkoon wave... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JabbaJoe
01-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Yes, welcome JRock!

UGHH! Nothing on Hoth.

Columbia Walmart: Nada
Columbia Target: Fresh cases of Carkoon, no Hoth.
Elicott City Target: Nothing
Laurel Walmart and Target: Nothing

Maryland is NOT a backwater state! What the F?

CamaroJedi
01-13-2006, 02:39 PM
No Hoth for me this morning. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif I went to Walmart and Target in Whitemarsh this morning and found nothing. I stopped by KB just to check it out and found a Anakin evolutions for $24.99 http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif They had one chase tie fighter titanium.

Anakin21
01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Found the entire Hoth wave and Carkoon wave (already had Carkoon though) at WM today!!! Also was able to get the Boba w/ the fire behind him.

Didn't have the black version of the power droids though (I think theres a black and brown version if Im not mistaken)

Oh and the Boba was w/ the Boba Holo, and the Veers I got was w/ the Vader holo...so I thought that was kind of neat!!!

Glad to have gotten them at WM and not TRU or Target, the $1.11 difference is huge!

WM also had about 7 Unleashed Asajj Ventriss' on clearance for just $9.00. Passed b.c I dont collect unleashed.

CamaroJedi
01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
I might have to check my walmart later tonite!

Jrock310
01-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Hey, thanks for the welcome posts guys! Got luckier today...made a late run to Wally World and picked up Bib and Fett, now I just need Barada (of all people) and Chewie to finish up. Also found Obi Unleashed for 10 bucks and ROTS R2 for $3! Several Vaders and of course Palpatines left on the clearance racks if anyone's interested out there. Going to try my first custom with the R2.

Jrock310
01-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Question: what's the deal with the flames on Boba? How many variations are there? Also, has anyone in Northern VA seen the Hoth wave yet?

Flacksguy
01-14-2006, 08:29 AM
One version has the flames in the front of his legs, one has them behind.
You can make yourself nuts with all the new Saga variations.

The Hoth wave hit around here yesterday, so you should be getting it soon. I'd start checking today.

Which Palpatine was on clearance?
It wasn't #14 Chancellor Palpatine was it?

CamaroJedi
01-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Still no Hoth Wave in my area. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif I checked 2 Walmarts and a TRU.

Jrock310
01-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Re: Palpatine clearance fig, not sure about the number - dark blue figure in chancellor robes, not the one with the extra head attachment in purple. TRU in Kingstowne has several of them, but don't think they ever put them on clearance. They have about six or seven of them as of yesterday.

lowenbotten
01-14-2006, 09:49 PM
I think I'm lagging behind everyone. I finally found Barada today at Columbia Walmart. Also saw Boba and Chewie but passed on them. They don't look any different than the ones I already have. Barada came with the holo Vader so that was cool. Next is Hoth for me.

CamaroJedi
01-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I think I'm lagging behind everyone. I finally found Barada today at Columbia Walmart. Also saw Boba and Chewie but passed on them. They don't look any different than the ones I already have. Barada came with the holo Vader so that was cool. Next is Hoth for me.

If you can find hoth!

BlueLeader
01-15-2006, 08:42 PM
I am behind the crowd on the SAGA's as well, nothing but empty pegs so far. I did find a clearance TIE Fighter, with the larger scale wings, for $9 at Target. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Finally! Found the Hoth wave at Alexandria Target this morning http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got one extra of Snow T and AT AT D. Got home and canceled my case order from EE.

Flacksguy
01-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the boards BlueLeader.

9 bucks for the TIE!!!!
Thats great, did they have anymore?????

I'd build a whole fleet at that price

BlueLeader
01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
No that was the only one, sorry. Thanks for the greeting, I have read here for over a year from time to time, but never really had time to post til now.

MaddysDaddy
01-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Welcome Blue Leader, Mon. Morning the 16th. Scored the entire Hoth Wave this morning at the Dundalk Wal-mart along with another collector, also picked up the new Luke X-Wing Transformer, I got the Vader where he is straight up and down, no motion.
Later Jay

Glassman6
01-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Well, i found the hoth wave too at columbia wal-mart this morning!! first real find at that store(other than one figure here or one figure there) in 3 months, maybe more.

Another collector was there and told me they were there since friday(remeber i skipped columbia last friday). Columbia target had the remains of the tatooine wave. Liea & bib.
Columbia Wal-mart also had all of the tatooine wave.

CamaroJedi
01-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Found the Hoth wave today at Golden Ring Walmart (ironic isn't it) I got the standing vader version.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Highflyguy0824/HothWave.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/Highflyguy0824/VaderHoth.jpg

BlueLeader
01-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Sweet find CamaroJedi, all at one time. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JabbaJoe
01-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Columbia Walmart.... Huh. I went Friday around lunch time, but nothing... Anyway, I was able to pickup most of Hoth today. All except Gonk and Veers. Got the Standing Vader as well. Best thing about this find....$4.54 per fig! Also was able to score a Titainium Tie Fighter as well!

Good luck to all.

lowenbotten
01-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Went to Columbia Walmart today and must have missed the Hoth wave. They had a Vader and a Snowtrooper left, but I passed on those.

I did pick up the white Tie Fighter and Republic Assault Cruiser Titanium vehicles though. Got the last ones.

What's the deal with the white Tie Fighter? I seem to remember reading something about it, but I don't remember. Is that supposed to be some sort of rare "chase" vehicle?

JabbaJoe
01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
lowenbotten, check this out:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1596428&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1596428
The reason it is sought after, is because there is only 1 per case. This is according to a post in the above link.

CamaroJedi
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Where did you find the Hoth Wave Jabbajoe??

JabbaJoe
01-16-2006, 10:16 PM
The WalMart I was able to get these great prices was in Owings Mills. Not sure how long this will last though.... I was able to pick up, darth, r2, both rebel officers, two AT-AT Drivers, GREAT FIG!!, an two Snow Troopers, kind of a let down.

Flacksguy
01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh Man,

I cannot wait for those VOTC Sand People.

Anakin21
01-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah kicking myself for not following through w/ my VOTC collecting...got the first 4 then stopped b/c of the price.

But I'm definitely all about these new titanium 3 1/4 figures coming out! Any sightings on these yet?

BlueLeader
01-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Got them yesterday...Not Really, but it sure did sound good to say http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Haven't seen them in stores yet, but will definitely try to get them when released.

Glassman6
01-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Oh Man,

I cannot wait for those VOTC Sand People.

Me too flacks...Really looking forwad to those.

Flacksguy
01-17-2006, 07:41 PM
I broke down and bought a Leia in Boussh Disguise today.

I was originally going to pass on the entire Carkoon wave, but all the talk in the Saga section about how great the figure is made me change my mind. It definately is a huge improvement over my SOTE version.
I also received two Padmes (Lars' Homestead and Secret Ceremony)that I won off e-bay. The last two figures I needed for a Photonovel I've been working on.

VeryLaZ
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Camaro! You must of just gotten there before me, when I got to Golden Ring, they had them all but the Vader, you beat me to the punch! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I ended up getting him from a friend though, and its the same one you bought. Does anyone know which Vader is more rare (2 bubble variations).

P.S. First time I think I ever found any new figures at this Wal Mart!

CamaroJedi
01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Well from what I've read I think the standing vader is more "rare". I only saw 2 vaders there so I'm not surprised to hear that they were all gone. At least you got the other figs in the wave. This has also been the first time I've EVER found or bought figures from the Golden Ring Walmart.

Glassman6
01-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Is it me, or are these figures easier to find than alot of the ROTS figs??

I saw remnants of the hoth wave at columbia target today, and gaitehrsburg target had them all.

THis is 2 waves in 3 weeks... Anyone else notice the ease of finding them?

Anakin21
01-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I agree...so far its been a breeze. In fact I've seen each complete wave at least 3x already...including every known variant.

I worry that this could be the case b/c the figures just aren't moving...which could be problematic later on if pegs are full when new waves go on order. I think this is more than likely due to the $6.99 pricing and lack of any real army builder figures so far.

We may be eating our own words come Commander Cody time!

lowenbotten
01-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Went to Columbia Target and found what was left of the Hoth wave. Picked up the 2 different Rebel officers.

Glassman6
01-18-2006, 08:14 PM
I agree...
We may be eating our own words come Commander Cody time!

I hope not, I hope this continues. I'm hoping hasbro picked up on gripes last year and are distributing more of each wave this year. Cause it seem like as soon as the pegs clear, the next day, there are more figures.

Yo_Mama
01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
I've been to the Springfield, VA Target and the Clinton MD WM and I now have 5 AT-AT Drivers, 2 Snowtroopers, 2 Veers, 1 Power Droid, and 1 Major guy. No sign of the Wave 3 titaniums yet.

JabbaJoe
01-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Picked up walking Vader today (with vader holo, he, he!). I also was able to get Veers. No Gonk yet. I haven't been able to get out he past few days and have missed some opportunities. I also decided to pick up the new titanium wave as well. The Imperial Shuttle looks cool.

CamaroJedi
01-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Where did you find the walking Vader JabbaJoe???

Jrock310
01-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Finally, after checking almost every day for the last week and a half, I made out like a bandit. Scored the entire Hoth wave, plus an extra AT-AT driver. Couldnt help myself! Now I can save some gas-until the next wave, at least.

JabbaJoe
01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I found the walking Vader at the Columbia Target. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CamaroJedi
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I might have to check my Target today

Yo_Mama
01-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Found Ask Aak for $1.19 at Target and a Blue Guard and the Spider Droid at WM for $3 and $5!

Glassman6
01-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I found the walking Vader at the Columbia Target. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Was the card all bent up??
I saw a standing vader this morning at Columbia, but the card was bent up, so i didnt get it. Nomally i open everything so it doeesnt matter, but i sometimes reuse the cards for my customs and a bent card still sucks.
Most likely some Selfish, Son of a Dirty Wh@re bent the card. Cause all the other cards were perfect.
I just dont understand that. Grow up whomever you are if you are checking out this thread!!!

I picked up the Die-cast Slave one. I promised myself i would stay away from these, but i i had to get Boba's ship.

JabbaJoe
01-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I do remember seeing the standing vader, and yes it was bent quite badly from what I remember. Why do people do this, I have no idea, though it could have been some tool at Target.

lowenbotten
01-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I was in the Arundel Mills Walmart yesterday, and they actually had some new stuff. They had some of the new Saga figures, but nothing I'm looking for nor anything you haven't seen already. I noticed a Boba and Chewie with cards really messed up. I was thinking someone was trying to get the holo figures out of them since that was the area where the cards were really messed up, although the holos were still in there.

Anakin21
01-22-2006, 09:10 PM
I once caught a guy bending cards...it was back when the last SAGA started. I was standing there behind him waiting for him to move so I could pick up the ones I needed, and I see him grab one, and bend it, like SERIOUS CREASE bend. He puts it back on a different, peg and grabs another and does the same! I was in shock! So i politely said "Excuse me, can you stop destroying these cards, I'd like to get some." He kind of mumbled an apology and walked off. I was going to tell an employee but it was WM and I figured they wouldnt have cared.

It didnt actually bother me until later when I went back a few weeks later to get the new wave, and all of them were bent....clearly done on purpose.

Also caught a guy bending TRU Holo Yodas...i reported him to the manager and I watched as he made the guy purchase all 5 that were there and damaged! Loved that. Im sure he just went to another TRU and returned them, but still, i felt like i had done a good deed.

CamaroJedi
01-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I never actually came face to face with someone who bent cards on purpose. I probably would not be able to control myself if I ever did.

Yo_Mama
01-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Card benders, stashers, scalpers...all slime to me. However, I'm an opener so card benders are the least offender in my book. For some figures I'm just glad I get it no matter the condition of the package. Take the Commander Cody figure that's coming out. If I could find 4 Codys on damaged, bend up cards I'd be SUPER DUPER HAPPY that I found Cody. Period!

Sometimes I wish the figures would get damaged more often so I'd have a better chance of finding stuff. However, I'd never stoop to damaging stuff I don't want. That's sick! If I find it I either buy it or leave it. I can't imaging being so mean as to consider other and then wanting to screw said others by damaging what I leave behind.

JabbaJoe
01-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey everyone.

I was reading some of the other threads for other states, and it seems some of them have gotten together and coded the stores and what is being found in the area. This helps fight those that lurk here for the most recent info, and jump on what we find. The time I spend looking for this stuff is not every morning, or even every day. I would like my searching and posting to help those that do as much if not more than I do. I have noticed all that post will from time to time report, "yeah, there were two Tarkins on the pegs", or "Nothing new but there were a few...".

Let me know what the consensus is. I will watch the posts.

Jabba Joe

CamaroJedi
01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I found a walking Vader at Walmart this morning. There were no signs of the new Titaniums other than a lone AT-AT. I can't wait for Geonosis to hit!

Anakin21
01-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah Im all for coding. I stopped posting find locations b/c I noticed several scalpers on Ebay listing my area as their "location". It was getting to the point of obscene during the ROTS waves. At one point I counted 6 different sellers from Burke alone...all asking ridiculous starting prices on figures.

I have no problem telling people where I find my stuff, i just do it over PM and only to people I recognize as collectors from this forum. But coding could make it alot easier.

Kevin_Gianotto
01-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree, coding is the way to go.

Kevin_Gianotto
01-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree, coding is the way to go.

Glassman6
01-23-2006, 06:44 PM
How do we find out about the code, and whats to stop lurkers from understanding the code?

JabbaJoe
01-24-2006, 08:36 AM
It looks like most of you would like to go the route of "coding" stores. Glassman did have a good comment: " how do we stop lurkers from getting the code". I have thought about this, and suggest we send a pm to anyone who is requesting specific information regarding the store or stores the merchandise was found. This would be the only way to really keep lurkers in the dark.
So... I suggest we only pm store finds if requested. Please discuss.

CamaroJedi
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a plan.

BlueLeader
01-24-2006, 10:53 AM
It's a shame that we have to be "covert" about something that is supposed to be fun http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I agree that it isn't good to let scalpers know where our desired collectibles are or they will just end up on eBay for an very inflated price with inflated shipping charges.

Anakin21
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I agree, especially in light of the new line and the reduced quantities each of the stores will be carrying. PM'ing info upon request would be the best way to go. Its what I've been doing for months now.

Doesn't mean you can't share what you found, or at what chain...just keeping the specific location under wraps should be enough to buy a collector time to get there before tipping off any would be scalper. At the very least it will force the most determined of them to go to each and every location ... punishment enough.

lowenbotten
01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
I don't mind such a plan, but that leads me to believe that there would be no more posts here. No more threads or anything. That's no fun!

JabbaJoe
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
If you want to report what you found and where, feel free to do so. I am just concerned about how others that do not contribute get the info without doing the leg work. Do I like posting I found stuff, sure I do, but I want to safe guard my hunting grounds a bit.

StarkRhavyn
01-24-2006, 12:47 PM
That's a good point, there probably wouldn't be much to talk about if we can't come on here and brag about what we scored at our local store.
Plus, not only does that help the scalpers but it sometimes helps the rest of us who can't run to WM, TRU and Target everyday know when to start looking.
I think the only way we are going to stop the scalpers is to stop overpaying those jerks on ebay.

CamaroJedi
01-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Well we can still post what we scored and at what chain. Theres still fun in that. We can just PM each other if we need info on a certain store we visited.

Anakin21
01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think witholding specific location (i.e. Columbia WM) means there will be a lack of posts. I always post my finds but generally just say "WM" instead of "Columbia WM" or "Fair Lakes WM" etc...

Sure it will still tip off scalpers that WM has the stuff in stock, but its not handing a specific location to them on a silver platter.

So while its still imperfect, its better than just handing over the keys without a fight. And I doubt anyone can infer what store Im talking about as my search range is extremely wide (which Im sure is the case for the most of us here).

And as always, when people I recognize PM asking which WM or Target or TRU im referring to, i gladly tell them!

Glassman6
01-24-2006, 06:31 PM
And as always, when people I recognize PM asking which WM or Target or TRU im referring to, i gladly tell them!

Theres another good point. How do you know if the person PMing you isnt a scalper?
Does that mean anyone who joins this thread after today is considered a scalper? Thats not fair to the real collector who justs joins.

I'n not trying to poke holes in the plan, i'm just curious how it's gonna work and how you distinguish whos who?

CamaroJedi
01-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Well we are all familiar with everyone who normally posts here. We can give a sort of, trial period for new comers.

JEDITOMKATT
01-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Picked up Gen Veers and Major Derlin at Walmart in Southern MD

Anakin21
01-24-2006, 10:19 PM

Theres another good point. How do you know if the person PMing you isnt a scalper?
Does that mean anyone who joins this thread after today is considered a scalper? Thats not fair to the real collector who justs joins.

I'n not trying to poke holes in the plan, i'm just curious how it's gonna work and how you distinguish whos who?

Fortunately I haven't had to make that kind of distinction yet because the only people who've PM'ed me are names I know from these boards as regulars.

But thinking about it, and being a relatively new member myself, I see the whole exchange of information here as a quid pro quo exchange ... one good deed begets another sort of deal. I made a good faith effort to post my finds b/c I felt it the right thing to do since I was benefitting from everyone elses posts. New members in any organization always go through a period of "earning their stripes" if you will. So I saw (and see) my posts as just that. I would feel guilty merely relying on everyone else's heads up without actively trying to help as well.

I don't doubt there are plenty of legit collectors reading these boards who haven't posted. But isnt that sort of inherently unfair, even if they ARE collectors? I mean myself personally I made a conscious effort to post here my finds, knowing I would benefit from everyone else doing the same. I don't begrudge a person their right to just read, but when they actively seek out information without having offered any of their own, at any point, I don't feel bad just telling them to check WM or Target generally as opposed to giving them a specific store and directions to it.

So I would never assume a new member to be a scalper. But I'd take a wait and see approach to see what they have to contribute over time ... and again, i'd never deny them general info or tips! One of the great things about this forum is how supportive everyone is!

Thats just how I see and handle things ... but i fully understand how others may feel as though everyone should know everything, regardless of contribution to the boards.

PS - And I feel bad about the recent clutter to this thread. Maybe we should move the topic to a new thread!?

JabbaJoe
01-24-2006, 10:32 PM
POST REMOVED

JabbaJoe
01-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Wow, I didn’t think this would be that hot a topic!

There has been some great feed back on this. I too am relatively new to this forum, and appreciate all those that came before me. My post did what I think needed to be done, and that is being aware of our surroundings. Those that post are excited to report their good fortune, and help those that may be in the same area. This is really why this thread is here! My stance at this point is like that of Anakin21, post Wal-Mart or Target; no specifics. PM me if you need info.. Again, this was only to spark some conversation regarding the issue. If it goes past this post, then yes, I agree a new thread would be needed.

Remember, this is supposed to be fun! (…tell that to me the next time I see some ****** bag butt in front of me when I am looking over the assortment that is available on the pegs, and snakes stuff!)

lowenbotten
01-25-2006, 12:25 AM

I have to agree with Glassman on this. It just seems like this idea takes away from the fun of it all. Personally, I can think of several times where I saw someone post a find and I ran to the store to grab what I could thanks to that post. It's not that I don't want to message anyone -- I've met a couple of people from here personally. I just don't have time to message everyone and ask who got what where. Besides, who knows when they will respond and by then, whatever was found could and probably will be gone. Scalpers are going to find what they want whether there are private messages or not. That's what they do.

The idea just seems like it takes away from the whole point of these forums and the fun of it all.

Anakin21
01-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Haven't been to a store in awhile b/c I have everything f/ both waves...but am going today during lunch (non SW related). If anyone is still looking for something shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to look/pick it up for you.

Glassman6
01-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Personally, I can think of several times where I saw someone post a find and I ran to the store to grab what I could thanks to that post.

I have to agree here too. I've done the same. Specifically when you found Tarkin at Col WalMart, i stopped on the way home because of your post and found him.

And whos to say your PM will be answered timely enough to get the figure... Most of us get figures and post our finds hours later...by then most figs that were left are gonna be gone anyway, let alone after i log on and read, then drive to said store...etc.

I think the coding would be nice, but there are too many "but what if's"

Besides, scalpers are scalpers and will get figs to scalp...
reguardles of if we say "Store 17" or "Red dog 11".
So, all that being said, i mainly go to columbia(by my house) on the way to work and gaithersburg/germantown(by my job)at lunch.
If i say before work, you know... If i say by my job you know.

Maybe thats is what we shold do... Forward a PM with "the usual suspects" main locations so it doenst need to be said. Then we will each have a list to reffer to when
I say "i found this" today...

Flacksguy
01-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I remember that Tarkin post by Lowenbotten, I was able to get him that day also at Columbia Wal-Mart, thanks to his post.
I personally feel like the scalpers may have moved on to the next hot item by this point. Wasn't it just last week we were talking about how easy it's been to find figures lately?
Everyone seems to have found the AT-AT Driver, that would be the figure I'd expect the scalpers to target.
Anyway, I think just giving the store where you found the item, for example "found it at Wal-Mart" is fine.
Chances are you'll probably check EVERY Wal-Mart nearby anyway.

Today I picked up the Titanium: White TIE Fighter, AT-AT, Turbo Tank, and the Gunship with the teeth. (and I don't even collect those things)
Also picked up another AT-AT Driver and Power Droid.
This was at Target , then I found the new Star Wars Insider at the book store.

Anakin21
01-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Speaking of the power droid ... does it come in both black and brown? I've only seen the brown one so far. Somehow I remember hearing (or seeing) it also came in black.

WM had nothing, totally cleaned out of basic figs.

darth666
01-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I haven't posted in a while but would like to make a few comments about the proposed coding system. These boards are meant to be used to post recent finds.

Collecting is supposed to be fun. Coding store locations is too much work and not in the spirit of Star Wars collecting. There is more than enough product to go around and I think that the supposed threat of scalpers has been greatly exaggerated.

lowenbotten
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I think the scalper paranoia may be a little over the top if we're resorting to code words or secret messages. I just want to have a little fun with the hobby and talk about it on here and not make it overly complicated.

By the way, I found the Titanium Imperial Shuttle, AT-AT and Vader's Starfighter today at Target where I work. After I grabbed mine, there was one AT-AT left and one Vader Starfighter left.

Still looking for some of the Hoth Wave (Veers, AT-AT pilot and the Power Droid). Sounds like everyone else has found them. Guess I've been unlucky with those.

JabbaJoe
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Ok, since I started this, I will end it. Do what every your little jawa heart desires, and all will be fine. Lets move on and keep the thread going to recent finds. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

VeryLaZ
01-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Agreed, post if you wanna, if you dont, then dont.

As for finds go,not much...however, the Toys R US in Towson, got their last 10 truck loads in this past Tues, and are gradually getting it empty. With the new waves coming out, and the discounts they are having, its worth to keep checking...they are sure to have som figs!

They are also selling displays, so for those who enjoy collecting them, better get a move on, my one friend has dibs on the SW Lego display, and as for the rest, they are fair game. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anakin21
01-26-2006, 11:04 AM
I didnt realize Towson TRU was one of the ones slated for closing. Any other area TRUs getting shut down?

JabbaJoe
01-26-2006, 11:27 AM
I found a partial list for TRU stores closing. It does not mention Maryland, but there is the link:

http://collectdolls.about.com/od/moderndolls1980snow/a/toysrusclosings.htm

i will be stopping by after work tonight in Towson! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Glassman6
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Laurel is closing....I need to check and see if wheaton is closing...that was my good find spot when all else failed. Prior to ROTS that is...

I was looking forward to getting the VOTC's there... Where i found most of the last run.

Didnt bother to hunt yesterday or today. Will look tomorrow.

JabbaJoe
01-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I finally was able to pick up Gonk today at lunch. Target restocked! All of Hoth was there, two cases, but no Vaders. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I can take a break until the next wave. I think I will only be getting the clone trooper and Scorch for that wave. They also had the new Unleashed Battle packs, but I do not collect them. I spend enough money as it is...

WalMart had all the new Titaniums, but only Bib and Barada peg'in... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

lowenbotten
01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks JabbaJoe. Noticed you mentioned what you found at Target and I remembered where you shop. I needed certain Hoth figures so I ran over to the Target where I work and picked up the AT-AT Driver, Veers and the Power Droid (the last Power Droid they had). Now I'm done with Hoth.

CamaroJedi
01-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey JabbaJoe, did walmart have the Gunship titanium????

JabbaJoe
01-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I think both Target and WalMart had the Gunship. You know where I mean, do you not?

Hey lowenbotten, glad I could help! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

lowenbotten
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey JabbaJoe, did walmart have the Gunship titanium????

I saw the Gunship at Walmart, but not at Target. I only saw one at Walmart.

CamaroJedi
01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Picked up Star Wars: Republic issues 61 63 65 66 77

Glassman6
01-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I grabbed a second Gonk and Driver today in gaitersburg target.
They had all the new mini unleashed but i didnt get any...I studied them for a while to think about customs i could make but i passed.

lowenbotten
01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Is anyone buying the new Unleashed packs? They seem to be easy to find. I'm passing on them. I was a little sad to see the original Unleashed line go. I really like the IG-88 statue.

CamaroJedi
01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
The new unleashed line does not appeal to me at all. I liked the original line better.

darth666
01-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Not really a find, but I got the two Astomech packs from Entertainment Earth in the mail today. They are pretty cool. The packaging is smaller than I thought it would be, but its nice that it takes up less space. They were a little expensive, but I think they were worth it.

Flacksguy
01-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah those Astromech packs do look pretty cool.

Hey Glassman, I'm waiting to see a little custom Holo figure.
I know you're working on one.

lowenbotten
01-28-2006, 01:27 AM
I forgot to mention that I got a belated Christmas present from my wife this week. She ordered it some time ago but it was only just shipped. She got me the Bounty Hunter pack. I love it. Dengar and IG-88 rule.

CamaroJedi
01-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Lucky B@$TARD!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jrock310
01-29-2006, 06:06 AM
waitaminnit...you mean they discontinued the full-size figs for the new minis? I got no problem with the little guys, but there is no comparison between the two, those little dudes stink! BOO! Down with the little guys!!
Once again, I'm probably the last one to find this out. I have GOT to start reading this forum more often.

CamaroJedi
01-29-2006, 11:48 AM
waitaminnit...you mean they discontinued the full-size figs for the new minis? I got no problem with the little guys, but there is no comparison between the two, those little dudes stink! BOO! Down with the little guys!!
Once again, I'm probably the last one to find this out. I have GOT to start reading this forum more often.

I think there are three more full sized unleashed comming out which include the shocktrooper, Chewbacca, and the third one I cant remember.

BlueLeader
01-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Third one is Han in Stormtrooper disguise. EE had them for preorder and canceled when Hasbro pulled their release http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Flacksguy
01-29-2006, 08:58 PM
For my Birthday today I got the Hoth wave from my kids. My wife actually found the figures a couple of weeks ago, but she hid them away and let the kids think they were able to find figures that Daddy couldn't.

So I finally got to open them all today, and yes, now I know the AT-AT Driver is awesome.

I also got a Master Replica Anakin FX Lightsaber.
THAT thing is pretty Awesome.

CamaroJedi
01-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Happy Birthday Flacks!!!!

Anyone think Geonosis will hit tomorrow???

Flacksguy
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks dude.

That would be nice if they show up tomorrow.

CamaroJedi
01-29-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm going hunting tomorrow before classes because Monday seems to be my lucky day.

JabbaJoe
01-29-2006, 10:39 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gifHappy B-day FlacksGuy!

Let us know what you find CameroJedi. I will be MIA tomorrow so good luck. It seems this area is about three to five days behind other areas of the country, so if the next wave hits before anywhere else, I would be suprised. The case assorment on this one stumps me. Why have figs like Scorch and the Utapaun Trooper one per case???? I think Hasbro likes to mess with us just a tinsy bit! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Flacksguy
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Thanks Joe.

Those two figures are shipping in a couple of different cases. So hopefully it will be easy to find them.
Entertainment Earth gives you the breakdown by wave number and revision number.
Check it out right here. (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=HS85770)

Looks like we are going to be seeing that Vader quite a bit too!

CamaroJedi
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
No Geonosis wave today http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I'll just wait till it hits somewhere else then wait a week as usual to go hunting.

Jrock310
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
The system that works best for me is to wait about 4-5 weeks after one of you Maryland guys find them, then start looking around here. My area STINKS when it comes to the Saga figs. TRU actually had a new shipment of EP3 on the shelves a few days ago, so we seem to be way behind the power curve.

Glassman6
01-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Flacks, Sorry i'm late buddy, but HAppy Belated Birthday!!!

Hope you enjoyed your day!

Genosis already? I was looking forward to a break. I havent been to the store since friday...Its kinda nice. I got money for lunch, my gas lasts longer... Oh well back to the grind!

Flacksguy
01-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks Glassman.

As far as Geonosis goes, I'll probably only be getting Scorch, Sun Fac & a couple of the clones.
I'm not really interested in Sora Bulq, and I already have the others.

Glassman6
02-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Went to Columbia WalMart and Target and Gaithersburg target and found no sign of Geonosis.

CamaroJedi
02-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Stopped by Target for non Star Wars related issues and decided to check the toy isle. Target restocked the Hoth wave. They're pegs were full of each fig x4

BTW: I stopped by Walmart and checked the clearance isle and found one Zett Jukassa. He's kinda banged up but I picked him up anyway because I didnt have him in my collection.

MaddysDaddy
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
hey to All if anyone could pick me up a walking Vader from the Hoth Wave it would be greatly appreciated, I can only find the standing version, It doesn't matter what holo it has, Just as long as it's a great card.
thanks Jay

JabbaJoe
02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
This tells me the next wave is not around the corner! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CamaroJedi
02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I was just thinking that also.

BTW has anyone been able to find the Titanium CW Gunship?

Anakin21
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Back to old times! (i.e. long product waits for non movie year collecting!)

Glassman6
02-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Columbia target had a hoth way tonight also. I stopped in for oil and just checked the isle. Seems like only vader was gone.

This means not geonosis tomorrow morning.

MaddysDaddy
02-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Well Friday Morning and no Geonosis, stopped by the Dundalk Wal-Mart on my way to work and nadda.
Later Jay

Glassman6
02-03-2006, 09:58 AM
Stopped in columbia and gaitersburg...nothing!
Columbia walmant and target had the same figures they had last night!

CamaroJedi
02-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I stopped by Target this morning to buy some glue. I check the toy isle for a walking vader for Maddy but didnt find one. sorry

MaddysDaddy
02-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey Camaro I appreciate you looking for me, Just seems to me i always see tons of the Hoth Wave just no Vaders, at least i got the standing one if nothing else. Come on Geonosis
Later Jay

JabbaJoe
02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Nothing new on the saga front..... I did receive my vintage 12 back (large head) han solo. Man is it SWEET!

Flacksguy
02-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Ya gonna open it?

(Just kidding)

Seriously, that is a sweet looking figure, I don't blame you for starting up a vintage collection with items that look that good.

I finally added the elusive Acklay to my collection. Came in the mail yesterday in a trade with a fellow scummer. I've been trying to land one of these for awhile.

VeryLaZ
02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Everyone keep your eyes out, lurking around on other forums and threads, the Geonosis wave is hitting stores as of this weekend!

CamaroJedi
02-06-2006, 12:01 AM
Mondays are usually my lucky day for new waves. Wish me luck!!!

Glassman6
02-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Found nothing at Columbia Wally and Target. Wal Mart had Marvel Apocolypse Wave if any of you are interested.

Nothing but 2 walking vaders at Target by my job.

CamaroJedi
02-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Nothing at my local Walmarts and Target http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlueLeader
02-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Same here, nothing but a few Wave 1 and 2 figs at WM and TRU. But I did get a Lego OTC X-Wing Fighter for 50% off at TRU http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VeryLaZ
02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Thought I struck gold. White Marsh Wal Mart tonight had a pallet full of boxes in the toy ailse. Upon closer inspection they did in fact have Star Wars all over them, but no basic figures.

Anyone looking for the new Unleashed, Attaix (sp) and Playschool figures, they have em there, case fresh.

CamaroJedi
02-07-2006, 11:02 AM
I went on a hunt today visiting the local walmarts and target. The first walmart I visited was in the process of restocking. I saw a pallet full of star wars but I think I did not see any basic figs. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif So I went to the WM walmart and found that they have already restocked (confirmed by VeryLaZ) and saw that there were no basic figs on the pegs, so I assume that the first Walmart I visited will not have basic figs as well.

Target in WM didnt have anything at all. I guess Geonosis will hit a week after everyone else like always.

codyfan82
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
i've stopped by a target in my area in NOVA and noticed that generally on Wed. morning they like to restock on figures, so i'm hoping they have geonosis. gotta cross my fingers!

CamaroJedi
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Yea hopefully Target will have Geonosis tomorrow.

codyfan82
02-08-2006, 08:46 AM
stopped by this morning right when they opened before work, no luck http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Glassman6
02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I skipped Columbia, but gaitersburg had restocked Hoth Wave.

Anakin21
02-08-2006, 09:56 AM
No Geonosis at Target or WM near me.

WM did have the MPire figures on clearance for $2.00 and Unleashed Asajj Ventriss for just $3.00!!! (there were 4, all of the cards were damaged) I can swing by and grab them for someone if interested.

CamaroJedi
02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Nothing at my local Target.

codyfan82
02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
I need to do some shopping tonite at target so hopefully, maybe, they'll have something in stock. Still looking for some AT-AT drivers and another snowtrooper. Even if they had Geonosis out sometime today after I checked this morning, there probably wont be any left. Will update later http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CamaroJedi
02-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Good Luck!!!

CamaroJedi
02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
WM Target had nothing but 2 Derlins and a Bib that has been pegwarming ever since the beginning of January. Walmart just restocked Unleashed and Titaniums although they did not have any Gunships in stock. No sign of Geonosis so far.

Anakin21
02-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Hit up another Target this morning, no sign of Geonosis. Had about 5 each of Veers, Rieekan and Derlin pegwarming...which left only about 2 pegs for new figures. Frustrating to see.

WM was bare. No idea why Target hasn't lowered prices yet.

codyfan82
02-09-2006, 01:09 PM
No luck at Target last night or this morning. Warming the pegs were the leia in disguise, a bib fortuna, rieekan and derlin, and a lone han solo. Frustration sets in as I still have yet to get an AT-AT yet alone the Geonosis wave.

JabbaJoe
02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I have been checking here and there, but alas, nothing. I am expecting the next wave to hit early next week. If this wave is like the last, we should get a nice restock after the initial hit. On the vintage front, I had my latest win delivered today. A ROTJ AFA 80 Canadian release 65 back Snowtrooper. I am finding out MaddysDaddy is right: Vintage collecting is not cheap. I also won a ROTJ vader yesterday. At $56.00 it was a steal! Let me know if anyone would like to see.

CamaroJedi
02-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Can you post some pics JabbaJoe??? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jrock310
02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Been out of action (again) for a couple of weeks. Checked today in NOVA and actually found a couple of Hoth figs, all Derlins - but even finding them was a surprise. NOTHING stays on the shelves long around here. Did a mall check and found a full stock of the Carkoon wave, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you the loc. Finally found a TIE bomber on Ebay...spent a little more than I would have liked, but at least I have a full TIE collection now.

Jabba Joe, throw those pics on here!! Congrats on the ROTJ Vader.

MaddysDaddy
02-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Stopped by the Dundal WaL-Mart this morning....No Geonosis Yet, also stopped by the Target in Glen Burnie....nadda.
See I told you Jabba Joe, Vintage Figures are like Lays potato chips. You can't stop at one.
Later Jay

JabbaJoe
02-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Here are some links to picks.

ROTJ Vader (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6034246423&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1)

ROTJ Snowtrooper (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6032801787&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1)

Yes, it is turning into an addiction. I will be holding back for a little bit, unless I can get a great deal. I will report on anything I find today....

Anakin21
02-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Vintage Figures are like Lays potato chips. You can't stop at one.

I always thought they were more like Pringles, Once you pop you can't stop??? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Target and WM still drawing blanks. WM I went to had 2 Early Bird figure sets clearanced at $3.00. Pretty much useless since the deadline is long past yes? If anything they'd be worth it just for the Hyperspace memberships I suppose.

Glassman6
02-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Columbia and gaitersburg...Nothing this morning. MAybe next week.

lowenbotten
02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I've been going to the Columbia Walmart and Target off and on for the past couple of weeks and haven't come across anything new.

jabbasnot
02-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Target and WM still drawing blanks. WM I went to had 2 Early Bird figure sets clearanced at $3.00. Pretty much useless since the deadline is long past yes? If anything they'd be worth it just for the Hyperspace memberships I suppose.

The deadline was extended to March 31, 2006. I just got mine two days ago for $4.50. On the bottom right-hand corner there's a star-shaped sticker that says that the offer has been extended. If I were you I'd hurry back and jump on both of those. You can't beat 3 bucks and the price of a stamp for 4 figs.

CamaroJedi
02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I checked 2 Targets and 2 Walmarts and found nothing. Geonosis will probably hit early next week.

Flacksguy
02-10-2006, 06:13 PM

The deadline was extended to March 31, 2006. I just got mine two days ago for $4.50. On the bottom right-hand corner there's a star-shaped sticker that says that the offer has been extended. If I were you I'd hurry back and jump on both of those. You can't beat 3 bucks and the price of a stamp for 4 figs.

...and if you DO get them both for 3 bucks I'll gladly buy one off ya Anakin. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

VeryLaZ
02-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Timonium (York Road) Target had the Geonosis Wave, C3P0, Poggle the lester, Sun Fac and Yoda.

Looks like only the first part of the Geonosis Wave is hitting first...no Scorch http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Flacksguy
02-10-2006, 11:11 PM
They come packed in the same case,
looks like someone got there before you did.

CamaroJedi
02-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Timonium (York Road) Target had the Geonosis Wave, C3P0, Poggle the lester, Sun Fac and Yoda.

Looks like only the first part of the Geonosis Wave is hitting first...no Scorch http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well thats a good sign. I hope I find something tomorrow.

BTW what time did you get there???

VeryLaZ
02-11-2006, 09:04 AM
They come packed in the same case,
looks like someone got there before you did.

Thats what I thought too... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Going out everywhere today, will post back on what I find.

VeryLaZ
02-11-2006, 09:09 AM

BTW what time did you get there???

bout noon on friday...2/10

CamaroJedi
02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Went to Target in WM today and they had nothing. I have lost hope for that particular location. I just don't get it. They were great during ROTS but now they just really suck. Target in WM has turned into the new Golden Ring Walmart. I am just so frustrated with that location. How could one store just a few miles away (Timonium) recieve Geonosis but White Marsh doesnt. I don't know who's in charge of ordering replenish product but hes/she is doing a real ******TY job. They only had Hoth wave ONCE. While Walmart has had Hoth 3 times already. whew sorry for the rant but i had to let it out.

VeryLaZ
02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Towson Target (one in shopping center with Toys R US and Wal Mart) had the Geonosis Wave!

Took the last Sora Bulq, had alot of the rest...

C3PO
Yoda
Both Geonosians.

No sight of Jango nor Scorch http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif And is the Orange Clone shipping in this wave or the next one?

I feel your pain Camaro, that Target never has anyting, I remember talking to an employee a while back, and she says the rest of the employees usually go through all the figures before they get put up, so I stopped going.

CamaroJedi
02-11-2006, 03:16 PM
WOW are you kidding me???? I was going to stop by Target in Towson today but decided not to cause I hate crowds and crying babies. I went there yesterday and found nothing. I guess luck is not on my side. This is sooo frustrating. Was there anything left?

Flacksguy
02-11-2006, 03:45 PM
And is the Orange Clone shipping in this wave or the next one?

According to Entertainment Earth's case breakdown, it's shipping :

Wave 3--------------1 per case
Wave 3 Rev. 2-----1 per case
Wave 4--------------2 per case
Wave 4 Rev. 1-----2 per case
Wave 4 Rev. 2-----1 per case
Wave 4 Rev. 3-----2 per case
Wave 4 Rev. 4-----2 per case
Wave 4 Rev. 5-----2 per case

Entertainment Earth Case Breakdown (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=HS85770)

so, it looks like we will all be able to get a bunch of these sooner or later. It will probably be like last spring when the ROTS #41 came out. They were scarce at first, but it wasn't long before they were everywhere.

No luck here in Virginia yet, both Target and Wal-Mart just restocked with Hoth. So it won't be until late next week around here.

VeryLaZ
02-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks Flacksguy!

And Camaro, they had a bunch of the two Geonosians left, a couple C3Pos and a couple of Yodas.

Everywhere else I looked today had nothing and that was the White Marsh, Towson, and Bel Air Area.

CamaroJedi
02-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info VeryLaZ. I probably wont be able to get over ther at all this weekend cause I work all day. O well I guess I'll have to wait until Walmart gets Geonosis.

CamaroJedi
02-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Target in WM had nothing tonight (of course). Hopefully luck will be on my side tomorrow.

codyfan82
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
target here in nova had nothing as per usual all weekend. my brain is about to hit the fan. will check tommorrow morning and update!

CamaroJedi
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Good luck to us all!

codyfan82
02-13-2006, 08:27 AM
just got to work, checked target and of course... nothing. same old derlin and leia pegwarmers. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CamaroJedi
02-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Found Poggle the Lesser, Sun Fac and Yoda at Target in Towson. (Thanks VeryLaZ) Stopped by Timonium Target as well but only found a couple of Veers and Derlin. O yea and no surprise, Target in White Marsh had nothing but at least I'm getting started.

BlueLeader
02-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Just checked TRU and WalMart and no Geonosis just Hoth wave. Was surprised to see so many Hoth wave at both including snow troopers. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anakin21
02-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Several Targets in NoVA had nothing today. The $3 Early Birds I saw at WM were long gone. Lesson learned = When in doubt - BUY!

codyfan82
02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Anybody in the NOVA area (Alexandria, Arlington, Kingstowne for example) seen any AT-AT drivers? I won't even ask about Geonosis since I have yet to see any in NOVA stores.

Anakin21
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Anybody in the NOVA area (Alexandria, Arlington, Kingstowne for example) seen any AT-AT drivers?

Haven't seen any but will keep an eye out for them. PM me with how many you're looking for and card condition prefs and I'll look until you let me know otherwise.

CamaroJedi
02-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Wow! $3 Early Bird!!! My walmart still has them listed at $19

Flacksguy
02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Modern Classifieds has been very good to me lately, today I received my $4.00 Clone Wars Assajj Ventress and $7.00 Deluxe Durge w/Swoop bike. Both complete and in mint condition.

I checked my Wal-Mart today to see if they had any cheap Early-Bird sets, and they had a ton of them....but they were 19.00!!!!
Forget that.

Anakin21
02-14-2006, 09:11 AM
Wow! $3 Early Bird!!! My walmart still has them listed at $19

Yeah must have been a return ... hadn't seen any there in ages. I even had the sales person scan them for me to make sure they weren't on the wrong shelf .. but sure enough $3.00 each. I should have gotten them in retrospect, but I already have 2 sets, and I'm not a huge fan at all. That particular WM has a HUGE aisle full of clearanced toys ... more than any other WM ive seen.

Did my circuit today (3 Targets, 1 WM, 1 TRU) no sign of Geonosis. TRU had nearly the entire Carkoon wave though. Rest had the John Kerry look-a-like pegwarmer.

CamaroJedi
02-14-2006, 10:49 AM
My local Walmart has probably 10 EB kits sitting on top stock. I always wonder what price they are but I'm to lazy to get someone to check for me.

JabbaJoe
02-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Nothing lately. I did get my vintage Vader and Snowtrooper in. Sooooo nice. I did see a Vader worse than mine go for $30 more. It sure is interesting to watch these bidding wars. As far as Saga, I have not seen anything new. I will be out today. Strange the Target in Timonium was the first sighting here. They are normally behind....

CamaroJedi
02-14-2006, 11:33 AM
I found it strange that Timonium was the first sighting also. I checked Target in WM today and guess what......they had nothing. I'm probably going to stop shopping there cause its just a waist of time and money. Anyone know how the Target on Martin blvd in middle river is? I've never been there and I'm thinking about checking it out if their employees are honest.

MaddysDaddy
02-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey Camaro i actually live right across the street from the MR Target, it's been kinda dry recently. from what I've seen they stock regularly and EVERYTHING makes it to the shelves..good luck, If anyone finds the Geonosis Wave , pick up a set for me since I've so bogged with work i never get to hit the stores.
Much appreciated jay

VeryLaZ
02-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Geonosis found again!

Target off Middle River Road had them!...However I still missed Jango, Clone Trooper, and Scorch!

Flacksguy
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Target here in Winchester put out one case of the Geonosis wave today.
I picked up the Utapau Clone, Scorch and Sun Fac only.

CamaroJedi
02-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey VeryLaZ, is the Target off Middle River road the same one I was talking about? I guess the force is with you always when you hunt http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif Do they have anything left? I'll keep a look out for ya Maddy if I find anymore.

VeryLaZ
02-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Hey VeryLaZ, is the Target off Middle River road the same one I was talking about? I guess the force is with you always when you hunt http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif Do they have anything left? I'll keep a look out for ya Maddy if I find anymore.

Hey Camaro!

The Target im talking about is the one that is fairly new...I believe it is right of Middle River Rd, not too far from RT. 40. so Im almost sure it is the one you are taling about, and as far as Targets go, they have been one of best in finding some good stuff.

I have a Toys R Us, Wal Mart, and Target all on my way home from work, so I usually get lucky, plus I have some other friends looking everyday...but I still havnt found my Jango...

They had all the figures except Jango, Scorch, and the Clone in good quanity.

VeryLaZ
02-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Camaro i actually live right across the street from the MR Target, it's been kinda dry recently. from what I've seen they stock regularly and EVERYTHING makes it to the shelves..good luck, If anyone finds the Geonosis Wave , pick up a set for me since I've so bogged with work i never get to hit the stores.
Much appreciated jay

As of 5pm this evening they had most of the Geonosis wave Maddy!

CamaroJedi
02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
With that being said, I'll be off to Middle River tomorrow. I still need Sora, C-3POs, Jango, Scorch, and Utapau Clone. Hopefull Sora and 3PO will still be there.

codyfan82
02-15-2006, 08:46 AM
hey guys. still no sighting of anything other than the usual carkoon pegwarmers and derlin over at target in potomac yard/alexandria. lame-o, hope everybody has good luck in the hunt!

Glassman6
02-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Found geonosis at target in columbia... Wally had nothing.

Kevin_Gianotto
02-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Several complete sets of Geonosis wave still left at Germantown Target after I snagged mine, including Scorch and Clone Trooper (Utapau).

CamaroJedi
02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Stopped by Target in Middle River and picked up the last Sora. There were also plenty of Yodas, Sun Facs, and Poggles left. No C3POs though. All I need now is Scorch x2, Utapau Trooper, Jango and the C3POs. Sorry Maddy I couldnt pick them up for you because I just got my tax results back and it looks like I owe a hefty payment to good ol' Uncle Sam. There goes my hunting money!

Glassman6
02-15-2006, 12:13 PM
I went there at around 11:30 and they had one scortch left.
No clones but had the rest.

CamaroJedi
02-15-2006, 12:15 PM
You stopped by Target in Middle River and they had one Scorch???

Glassman6
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry for the confusion camaro, I was responding to Kevin.
You must have posted between me reading his and replying.

I went to gaithersburg target and they had scorch.

CamaroJedi
02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Ahh I c!

lowenbotten
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Thanks for posting the tip Glassman. I went over to Columbia Target after reading your post. I saw what was left of Geonosis.

Picked up: C3P0, Jango, Poggle and Sun Fac. Passed on Yoda.

Missed out on Sora Bolq (sp?) and Scorch. No sign of them.

codyfan82
02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
man! everybody seems to be finding geonosis today! maybe target decided to release them today, who knows? hopefully i'll be as lucky on my way home from work!

Anakin21
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Several NoVA Targets were all busts. One did refresh w/ the Hoth wave ... but all AT AT and Snowtroops were gone. Did get the walking Vader tho. Better luck tomorrow I hope!

JabbaJoe
02-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Ugh.... Every Target I went to today had Geo, but only the remnants. I only want scorch and the clone trooper. Seems that WalMart has not stocked Geo yet. Here's to tomorrow!

CamaroJedi
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Which Targets did you check out JabbaJoe?????

JabbaJoe
02-15-2006, 09:47 PM
PM sent

codyfan82
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM
well, stopped at target on the way home from work, and a lone sun fac hung on the pegs. at least theres a sign of geonosis!

jason
codyfan82

jabbasnot
02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
i know you NOVAs and Marys don't care but Geo finally made it down here to Virginia Beach. Of course, I've been thinking Target opened at 10am this whole time until today so I missed the Clone. All 4 of the other Targets got geos today. The one I went to is the only one that didn't.

I read y'alls thread periodically to see when stuff is getting close to us. Drop our thread a line sometime. It's listed a few spots below yours under Norfolk, VA. We may get stuff before y'all sometimes too. ya never know.

Flacksguy
02-16-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the invite Jabba, and welcome.

I was actually reading your section last night, after seeing the "I HATE THE WORLD" title.

CamaroJedi
02-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Found C3PO with battle droid head at a Target. They has tons of Poggles and Sun Fac. I think I know whats going to be the pegwarmers of this wave. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

codyfan82
02-16-2006, 11:18 AM
went to target this morning and saw "the pacer" as i call him. a local collector, this guy hits target probably every morning i'm pretty sure. back when i was going every morning to get an xbox 360, he would literally try to outwalk you to get to it first, even if you were there before him. then i found out he's an avid sw collector, maybe even a scalper. he tried to outwalk me this morning. now i definately know i'm going to have a tough time finding geonosis with him around! anyway, no new sightings http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlueLeader
02-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Mace is a good distractor to let you get there first http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anakin21
02-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Hit up 2 Targets and a KB and not a sign of anything Geonosis. I did ask a Target employee if they had anything in the back as the pegs were empty and his reply was "Next shipment is scheduled for 3/18." I wanted to laugh in his face and tell him he was clueless but decided just to be polite and thanked him. (this was at S-field Target btw) He also didnt have one of those handy scanners on him, so basically it was a pointless effort to even ask. Another lesson learned!

Plan to hit up 1 more on my way home, then Im throwing in the towel until early next week when hopefully WM will catch up.

CamaroJedi
02-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I've learned a long time ago that asking employees at any store is completely worthless because 90% of them are misserable.

MaddysDaddy
02-16-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah most of them are as miserable as McDonalds employees
Later jay

CamaroJedi
02-16-2006, 01:53 PM
O don't get me started on Mcdonalds employees. Some of them are great but most of them are miserable. I can't stand some of the workers there.

lowenbotten
02-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Not really a Saga find, but I did get the new PC game Star Wars Empire At War Collector's Edition today.

Anakin21
02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Nothing on my way home Target run. I did want to mention that at the KB I went to not only did they still have an OTC Lobot, but a blue card SAGA Orn Free Ta. Not to mention about 10 ROTS Bails/Mon Mothmas and 2 Mustafar Playsets .... all at original prices! (also the Carkoon wave)

It felt more like an underfunded museum than a toy store!

Trying to keep myself patient here!

JEDITOMKATT
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Picked up: Poggle, Sun Fac and Yoda at the southern MD Target

CamaroJedi
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I have a story for you guys:

You all know me and most of you probably know how much I hate the Target in White Marsh because of it's slow restock/scalping employees. For the past 5 days, I have been checking this particular Target religiously because its the nearest to me. Well today after classes around 9:30, I decided to skip the White Marsh Target and head straight to the Towson location. If you look up a couple posts you can see that I found C3PO with a battle droid head. Today before work, (5pm), I decided to check the White Marsh Target because I work next to it. I enter the doorways and notice that they have changed all the signage and endcaps at the registers. Then that really nasty feeling set in. I knew it but I didn't want to admit to it. It was if I was betrayed by fate. I walked to the SW section with my head low because I knew it. The Target, in White Marsh, FINALLY restocked. My heart skipped a beat, but I knew it would happen. The one day I decide to skip this particular Target in my toy runs, they actually restocked. I was too late. Probably about 8 hours late. They had every figure EXCEPT Scorch, Utapau Trooper, Jango and Sora. These figures should have been mine but instead they most likely lay on the table of a scalper awaiting their fate via ebay. I wanted to yell and scream like a little boy on a temper tantrum. Fate literally took a ***** on me, BUT I did walk away with a C3PO with correct head. So in the end, I'm a little upset but I move on and hunt another day. Theres my rant boys and girls. Take it for a grain of salt but this is how fate ***** on me today.

Flacksguy
02-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Well,
If it will make you feel any better:
You mentioned scalping employees at that store, so it's possible those figures never made it out to the floor at all. So you may not have actually missed them.
You'll find them soon enough.