PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Ep1 Royal Starship (in any condition)

Drawde
11-28-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm interested in buying an Episode 1 Royal Starship.
This is for customising (with a new chrome paint job + extra internal details) so I don't need a new/boxed ship and it
isn't too much of a problem if some bits are missing.

I don't want the red R2 unit, and I also don't mind if the electronics don't work or if the Droid Fighter
is missing.
I would prefer if the yellow escape pod and the internal parts (seats, throne etc.) were included, but if they're missing I'd definitely still consider buying.

Basically so long as the basic hull of the ship is complete (no missing panels) I'd be interested!
(I might even be interested in buying a ship with some missing panels - it depends on the price)

Ice
11-28-2005, 06:04 PM
These are hard to find now, your best best bet I would say is ebay.

Drawde
11-29-2005, 02:11 AM
Ebay is the reason I posted this! I've watched dozens of these over the last few months,
and they have almost all ended far above my price limit (usually $90-100 inc.postage). The trouble
is that most of them are complete and many mint/boxed.
The only incomplete/damaged one I saw had a number of missing hull panels, which would be very hard to make
replacements for. This went for around $30.

My best bet will probably be to buy (on eBay) one which has the red R2 unit, and then re-sell the R2. They
usually go for $20-30 so this will recoup some of the money paid for the ship!

scrufynrfherder
11-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I have a Royal Starship that I'd be willing to sell. I believe it's complete and in pretty good condition. I don't know exactly where it is though. It should be in my attic but I'll have to look. Does somewhere between $30 and $40 sound like a fair price? Let me know if you're interested and I'll begin the search!

theropod
11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
That's a great offer especially considerring that it retailed for around $100.
-theropod

Drawde
11-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the offer - I'd definitely be interested in this, let me know what the postage cost would be to the UK. (airmail).

I don't need the packaging (if it's still boxed) so if removing this makes it easier/cheaper to post that's OK.
Also if it still has the red R2, keep it (if you don't want it, sell it on eBay!) but I'd still like the droid fighter
and escape pod if they're not missing.

scrufynrfherder
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes it is complete and out of box. It will probably take me a few days to find it, get it boxed and down to the post office to figure out postage. But I'll pm you as soon as I get that all taken care of.

WiredMike
12-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Drawde,
If you buy it off scrufy Ill give ya 10 +SH for the red astromech.

Drawde
12-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the offer but I'd rather scrufynrfherder kept the R2 and reduced the price of the ship accordingly - maybe he could sell the droid seperately to you instead (this way you'll pay less postage and the R2 won't have to go across the Atlantic twice...)

BTW I'm currently having PayPal problems related to the last Royal Starship I bought on the RS classifieds forum, which somehow got lost in the post (sent via surface mail in late July, still hasn't arrived). The refunded payment has now been reversed, so I'm $60 out of pocket until this has been resolved, and my PayPal account has a negative balance.
I don't think this is the original seller's fault though, but a PayPal glitch of some kind, anyway I've e-mailed them again and hope to hear from them soon.

It's this sort of think that makes me understand peoples dislike of PayPal, though. I've had no previous problems with it in over a year of use, buying and selling, but I've probably just been lucky!

I customise + repaint all my figures (really I'm a ship collector and only have figures like astromechs, pilots and a few troops) so it makes more sense to repaint a cheap standard R2 (of which I have several) rather than a hard-to-find exclusive figure.