PDA

View Full Version : sideshow 1:1 busts - what would you like to see?

lukebaggins
11-21-2005, 05:30 AM
What sideshow 1:1 busts do you want to see? I would want:
1. Emperor
2. Grievous
3. Yoda

Funkadelic78
11-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Vader is proably the only one I would even give some consideration to.

Rock
11-21-2005, 06:16 AM
Grievous would be my 1st choice. Hammerhead might be neat to put next to Greedo. The problem is cost! I would really like to own one of these busts but I think the price will keep me out. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanos
11-21-2005, 07:24 AM
I would love to see a Gamorrean Guard 1:1 head bust. I've got a bit of a soft spot for these guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In reality though these things are just too expensive and too big to display. Great idea but just not for me.

Cotasnoova
11-21-2005, 08:17 AM
The Maul is OK.
Greedo stinks...why Greedo??????? why why why

Too pricey!!!

lukebaggins
11-21-2005, 08:41 AM
I would love to see a Gamorrean Guard 1:1 head bust. I've got a bit of a soft spot for these guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That would be awesome! I didn't think of that.

Dark_Destiny
11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Nothing with a helmet. The Emperor would be a good one.

Forhekset
11-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Vader is proably the only one I would even give some consideration to.

Same here. That or Boba Fett.

DarthPotts1975
11-21-2005, 11:49 AM
1. boba fett
2. jango fett
3. tusken raider
4. yoda
5. emperor rotj

DarthInwah
11-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I think MR and Rubies have the "helmets" covered. They also have a yoda lifesize bust already. A fullsize yoda or 1/4 scale yoda with the SS would be totally awesome!

Some 1:1 bust of core characters would be cool and maybe creepy - red eye anakin, OTC obi-wan, yoda with buns, emperor/darth sidious, mace windu.....

a decent Chewie would be nice as a 1:1!

jaymac
11-21-2005, 12:34 PM
I also think MR and Rubies can handle the helmets. I like Grevious and the Gam Guard. I think a Plo Koon would be unique and not look too creepy full size. If they did a Vader I would like it to be like the Illusive concepts and have a two piece helmet.

Dad_of_Mace_nLex
11-21-2005, 01:03 PM
EDIT: Inappropriate post removed. Remember, this is an all-ages forum.

Forhekset
11-21-2005, 01:56 PM
EDIT: Inappropriate post removed. Remember, this is an all-ages forum.

TA2215
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
I only care about Vader if it has the detail for the reveal helmet.

_DJ_
11-21-2005, 02:28 PM
A Vader goes without saying.

So, what's the rumored price point on these? Fairly affordable or are we looking at something more in line with MR's Vader helmets?

Dad_of_Mace_nLex
11-21-2005, 03:27 PM
A Vader goes without saying.

So, what's the rumored price point on these? Fairly affordable or are we looking at something more in line with MR's Vader helmets?

Well, it's more than rumor. Sideshow is preselling them both for $600 each.

I guess I don't understand why anyone would want a vader. I mean there is already the Vader Helmet coming out from MR. That's supposed to be as lifelike as you can get. Still don't understand the Greedo. I mean who's got 600 bones to throw around for "poor Greedo"? Are there Greedo collectors out there?

DarthDavid13
11-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Boba Fett, or Vader

I'm not quite sure why SS made Greedo so early, they should have focused on the mains first and then the secondary characters, unless being made in the 1:1 scale means that you won't be a 1/4 scale figure and vice-versa.

_DJ_
11-21-2005, 04:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
I guess I don't understand why anyone would want a vader.

[/QUOTE]

Because it's Vader.....LOL

No, as a Vader collector I'm always looking for an the best Vader stuff, for the least amount of money. Not that I'm cheap or can't afford to buy what I want, it's just that $800+ green backs for the MR is a lot if SS can do one just as good for $600 or less.

Then again I'm not getting the MR Vader right away so I'd pass on one done by SS too.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

lukebaggins
11-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Well a vader without a helmet would be cool.

sithmasterjedi
11-21-2005, 04:36 PM
I ordered the Maul cause he's one of my favorites. I was really happy to see the second bust was going to be greedo cause I have no desire to get it. The ones I would have a real hard time not getting would be:
Chewie
Aayla

edited cause I don't think they're making helmeted characters

jordantwodelta
11-21-2005, 05:03 PM
1. Sebulba
2. Tusken Raider
3. Yoda
4. Sidious ( when he does that evil look eg - when he swings his saber at yoda on the ROTS trailer and when he uses force lightning on Luke in ROTJ )

I am a big big helmet fan but i think MR will have them covered especially after what Jedi_Mike said about his visit to their offices.

MarleyEds
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Aayla Secura
Plo Koon
Sae See Tiin
Gammorean Guard
Ree Yees
Prince Xizor

I don't know why they did Greedo - we already have a GG bust, and a Legends 3-D bust, do we really need a 1:1? I guess I'd like to see characters that aren't already made in similar formats like mini busts or helmets (e.g., no Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, C-3PO).

A Yoda might be cool, but again, he's already overdone...Rubies, GG, etc.

blue_rogue
11-21-2005, 05:54 PM
I was going to collect this line, but I've changed my mind. I'm having enough trouble making room for new statues as it is. The 1:1 busts would take up way too much space. Also, at that price, I'd rather get three Hard Hero Marvel statues.

If I were collecting them I'd want
Emperor Palpatine
Vader unmasked
Tusken Raider
Plo Koon
Bossk
Admiral Ackbar

Forhekset
11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I can see why some people wouldn't want a Vader as there's already a MR helmet, though it's a ROTS version. As for Greedo, I don't get that choice either. Pretty lame character really, and the Legends in 3D bust is quite good. I still think a Fett would look good, though. An Emperor might be nice too, though Legends in 3D did a good Emperor as well.

Doesn't really matter what I think as I won't be collecting this line anyway...I really can't bring myself to spend over $500 on a single collectible. Collecting statues that sometimes creep into the $200-300 range is bad enough. I don't have the room or the money for $600 lifesize busts.

Of course if we're going to start arguing that helmeted characters shouldn't be done because MR can just release a helmet, what I'd most prefer is that MR pick up Riddell's mini-helmet line where they left off. They're economical, look great and don't take up too much space.

Dad_of_Mace_nLex
11-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I can see why some people wouldn't want a Vader as there's already a MR helmet, though it's a ROTS version. As for Greedo, I don't get that choice either. Pretty lame character really, and the Legends in 3D bust is quite good. I still think a Fett would look good, though. An Emperor might be nice too, though Legends in 3D did a good Emperor as well.

Doesn't really matter what I think as I won't be collecting this line anyway...I really can't bring myself to spend over $500 on a single collectible. Collecting statues that sometimes creep into the $200-300 range is bad enough. I don't have the room or the money for $600 lifesize busts.

Dude, I know the truth though. They get a Padme 1:1 in there, you'd be all over it. Don't deny it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lukebaggins
11-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah im actually not going to collect the line because im 14 and dont have enough money.

I was just wanting to see what people think they should do. Although the maul looks really good and if I had the money I would consider getting it.

TA2215
11-21-2005, 08:32 PM
The "rumor" is that MR will made a "reveal" vader helmet with no dome and it will probably be more that $1.5K, if Sideshow made a 1:1 bust with the helmet being able to be as detail as the reveal and that you can separate as the Riddle mini helmet at their price range for this series, HELL I WILL DEFINITELY GET IT!!!!
I won't be collecting this series but a Vader like that will definitely be a great addition to any SW collection.

SirTristram
11-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I am liking these more and more...I can't wait to actually see them...I have both on order currently, but I would love to see:

Aayla Secura
Shaak Ti
Taun-Taun
Kit Fisto
Chewbacca

D. Martin
11-22-2005, 01:03 AM
I'd love to see SSC make

Yoda (AOTC/ROTS)
Charred Vader
Admiral Ackbar
Sandperson
Jawa

Jawa_Fong
11-22-2005, 01:12 AM
What I would love is:-

1.Vader reveal
2. Vader reveal
3. Vader reveal
4. Hammerhead
5. Stormie trooper
6. Death Star Gunner
7. Jar Jar,... NOT!

lukebaggins
11-22-2005, 05:36 AM
I am liking these more and more...I can't wait to actually see them...I have both on order currently, but I would love to see:

Aayla Secura
Shaak Ti
Taun-Taun
Kit Fisto
Chewbacca

Whoa, a Taun Taun would be huge, but it would look really cool.

Happy Birthday SirTristram! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

lukebaggins
11-22-2005, 05:37 AM

Aayla Secura
Shaak Ti
Taun-Taun
Kit Fisto
Chewbacca

Happy Birthday SirTristram! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DarthMatrix
11-22-2005, 07:06 AM
1 tie fighter pilot
2 royal guard
3 scout trooper
4 chewie
5 sandtrooper

D. Martin
11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I think the point is to make creatures. MR has the license to make collectible helmet reproductions. I don't think SSC can make any of the things all y'all have listed...

DarthMatrix
11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
I think all of those I mentioned would be cool bust the greedo sucks and it sucks some more at that price the mauls cool.

SirTristram
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM

Aayla Secura
Shaak Ti
Taun-Taun
Kit Fisto
Chewbacca

Yeah, that would be massive...But I always loved those things! Thanks for the wishes!