PDA

View Full Version : Be weary

kitt1987
11-17-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't know if this is the proper place to post but I want to issue a cautious warning to everybody. There seems to be a running problem on here lately of people posting stuff they have for sale and then taking the money and you never hear from them again. I've bought stuff off of fellow scummers for the last couple of years with great success but lately in the last several months there has been an issue of getting ripped off. I'll continue to deal with my fellow scummers here as generally it's all been mostly positive. All I ask is for everyone to be cautious who you agree to buy from, it's that time of year too so there are double the scam artists out there.
Also seems to be an awful lot of "new" people signing up to sell stuff too.

sith_fire30
11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the reality check http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I agree that we should be watching who we are dealing with - thanks! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TylerEC
11-17-2005, 09:34 AM
So far I have had only good experiences when buying things here. I have paid first every time. I refer to the Trade Feedback Forum, but there is always an amount of trust that plays in.

Letovx
11-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I agree, need to check the forum for trade feedback.

DarthScionTc
11-17-2005, 09:56 AM
That's why i like to use paypal.

Arizona
11-17-2005, 02:41 PM
I agree. I just got screwed recently. All I can say is check the bad trader feedback. If you have a bad experience post it theere.

TAPIV
11-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I would also recommend using Paypal, but if you do send a Check, Money Order, cash, etc, always get a confirmation number. This way you have documented proof of what you sent the individual. Same for shipping any items in a trade.
Some people aren't aware (both victims and perpetrators) that if you rip someone off like this and they have mailed you a payment, you can pursue charges of mail fraud.
Someone I know had worked out a pretty big purchase with someone who posted here for a life size Solo Carbonite, needless to say, after the money was sent, excuse after excuse came as to why the item wasn't shipped. Finally, a promise of action for mail fraud prompted a quick refund.

Mando_Kyram
11-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I heard people useing paypal were getting ripped off from the news I think.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"It will be done my lord"-Gree

pmrjulio
11-17-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't know if this is the proper place to post but I want to issue a cautious warning to everybody. There seems to be a running problem on here lately of people posting stuff they have for sale and then taking the money and you never hear from them again. I've bought stuff off of fellow scummers for the last couple of years with great success but lately in the last several months there has been an issue of getting ripped off. I'll continue to deal with my fellow scummers here as generally it's all been mostly positive. All I ask is for everyone to be cautious who you agree to buy from, it's that time of year too so there are double the scam artists out there.
Also seems to be an awful lot of "new" people signing up to sell stuff too.

Can you name names? Can you pm me, so I have them in my blacklist? I know you should not post them...

Slambo
11-17-2005, 04:26 PM
The proper place for that is the Bad Traders' Thread
If people don't know they're being blacklisted, what's the point?

delta_leader
11-17-2005, 05:07 PM
i will soon be listing someone on here as well if a peaceful solution is to the problem is not met.

myself and slambo will keep you all posted on who it is. ty.

StoneWallAdam
11-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Here are a couple of rules I go by!

1) check feedback first
2) Use paypal
3) If a person is new ask them to ship first! If they do not or never respond, that happens a lot, then I simply forget about trading and happily move on. A person with no or very little feedback should ship first on trades. I know several members here that will not double cross anybody simply because we all know that your good name is a valuable asset here on the boards! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

delta_leader
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
i have someone you can all black list. pm me for his name on here ty.

BobaMOTSU
11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I must admit. The reason I got on here was to sell stuff, now I enjoy being a part of the community. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif I couldn't believe how hard it was to find buyers at first. But now I have a good feedback thread. It does seem like there is a ton of people selling stuff now. By the end of the day, my thread has already been bumped off of the main page. I'd suggest sticking with those you know. If they don't have feedback, forget it. It's not worth it. It will be a good way of sifting through the people who are here only to sell, or rip people off.

steve_howard
11-18-2005, 02:12 PM
I have stuff to sell right now. Thin is are peole are "weary already. If someone has screwed you give names.
you sometimes hurt people who just don't trade or sell alot. I have some pretty hard to come by stuff on my list and I can't get anyone to scratch a deal with me. I even have the stuff reasonable just so I can recoup what I have spent. I am only trying to move the stuff so I have room and maybe somone else would enjoy it more than I.
Remember just because you do not see any recent fb on a person as far as trading does not mean they are a con artist-. I know what you guys feel like because I got screwed a couple of times. They are out there. However not everyone is wanting to bend you over and take your money and or toys. Look at my poster rating for crying out loud. that would say something. If I was taking people to the cleaners I would not still be a member here. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif