PDA

View Full Version : Shadow troopers for sale

Josh
11-11-2005, 10:48 PM
$22 shipped and i will ship worldwide, but shipping will be more http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Skyhoucker
11-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Just a little cheaper than eBay... stayin' under the radar, eh?

Josh
11-12-2005, 12:43 AM
No its with shipping friend, and confirmation code

Josh
11-12-2005, 05:50 PM
bump http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

simplythebest
11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
No its with shipping friend, and confirmation code

Are you saying that shipping and confirmation together cost at least $8.79?! I calculated that based on the highest sales tax in the nation - 9.4% in Tennessee. Even if you send priority (which costs $3.95 for a box big enough for the Shadow Trooper), that's still $4.84 left over. Delivery confirmation costs $0.55 at most.

Josh
11-12-2005, 07:36 PM
ya a few bucks cause of the gass and time i spent getting these, im just trying to help out people, mainly out of country people.

Slambo
11-12-2005, 08:39 PM
regardless, if phillip saw this, he'd flip out.

sith_fire30
11-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I'll buy one for 19.00 shipped with delivery confirmation http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif LMK

MisterKenobi
11-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Dude, get his ***, Slambo. If Philip knew you had 437 threads in the Classifieds and trading section that you bump 142 times a day, he'd flip out on you.

Josh is trying to help people overseas or elsewhere in the world who don't have Targets, and trust me, an item packed well and in good condition sent out of the country costs about $20 just to ship it.

Go flame your own threads, n00bs.

Josh
11-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Ill do 22.00 to make you happy, and so if you want one sith ill look over your trade list, and please pm me, so we may be able to work something out http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And thanks Kenobi

Josh
11-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Bump 2 left

GamorreanGuard
11-13-2005, 08:00 PM
PM Sent.

Josh
11-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I think there is only one left now

simplythebest
11-14-2005, 10:13 AM
ya a few bucks cause of the gass and time i spent getting these, im just trying to help out people, mainly out of country people.

I guess you could make an argument for that. You must have driven quite a distance, though. I go to Target three or four times a week anyway because I like going there so I don't tack on gas and time. I like to help out my fellow collectors but honestly I don't think I'd go WAY out of my way to do it.

simplythebest
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
an item packed well and in good condition sent out of the country costs about $20 just to ship it.

Note that he's not shipping it to someone out of the country for $22 total price. I mail a lot of stuff, too, and even packed well, it's not THAT expensive.

LOL - nothing that's been posted thus far is even remotely a flame. Once the insults and expletives start flying, then you've got a flame war.

And what have you got against new members of the board? Nobody's posted inappropriately and nobody's broken any rules. All opinions are equal and valid - just because you've been trading or buying/selling figures here longer doesn't mean what you think is any more valid than what anybody else thinks.

You should learn to chill out some time.

John_A_Graham
11-14-2005, 11:17 AM
an item packed well and in good condition sent out of the country costs about $20 just to ship it.

Note that he's not shipping it to someone out of the country for $22 total price. I mail a lot of stuff, too, and even packed well, it's not THAT expensive.

<font color="red"> Uh, Yeah it is...Depending on how you send it.
$66.80 for 45 figures to Belgium, What's not cheap about that??? </font>

LOL - nothing that's been posted thus far is even remotely a flame. Once the insults and expletives start flying, then you've got a flame war.

Well, perhaps if we replyed only to threads that "we" were interested in and NOT trying to inside the flying of expletives, then mayber just maybe none of this would have happened at all.

And what have you got against new members of the board? Nobody's posted inappropriately and nobody's broken any rules. All opinions are equal and valid - just because you've been trading or buying/selling figures here longer doesn't mean what you think is any more valid than what anybody else thinks.

I again refer you to my previous statement, and add the following quote: </font> </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:
regardless, if phillip saw this, he'd flip out. Oh??? Do we presume to know what Mr. Wise thinks???

Advice followed by the one who said it, is often the best advice for that person.

[/QUOTE]

Now boys and Lady's I don't mean to step on toes, but if there really was an issue with what Josh was doing, one of two thinks should have happened:
1). You should have notified the MOD's and not jacked Josh's thread.
2). Now pay attention, If this was a violation of forum rules (or Phil didn't like it) the MOD's would have already shut it down.

For the record, a $12.99 figure shipped Priority Mail would run roughly $19.00, leaving an overage of $3.00.

$3.00 Hmmmmmmm, $3.00 for Josh's time and gas @ $2.20 a gallon, for the trip to Target to get the item and then gas and time to deliver it to the post office. That's about an hour to an hour and a half of time, for $3.00.

Man Josh you're really sticking it to people around here, aren't ya. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-John

PS: Josh, good luck on selling your figures, one day I'll find one here. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Slambo
11-14-2005, 11:54 AM

That's 45 figures, not 1 figure. I have never had to pay more than 10 dollars to ship something under a pound.

Well, perhaps if we replyed only to threads that "we" were interested in and NOT trying to inside the flying of expletives, then mayber just maybe none of this would have happened at all.

Your reply doesn't even make sense. Regardless, MisterKenobi was the first here to lose his temper. None of us "nOOb's" have done so.

I again refer you to my previous statement, and add the following quote: </font> </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:
regardless, if phillip saw this, he'd flip out. Oh??? Do we presume to know what Mr. Wise thinks???

No, but I presume to know how he has reacted in the past. I refer you to the following post (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB19&Number=586031&Forum=c7&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=586010&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post586031):
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Do not ever use these forums again to sell current toys at even a penny more than you paid for them. It is better to leave them on the shelf for others to buy. If you aren't willing to ship at your cost, DO NOT BUY THEM.

And for anybody that agrees to pay a marked up scalping price, even if it's $1.00, you are part of the problem as well. If there's no market, there's no dealer.

[/QUOTE]

Advice followed by the one who said it, is often the best advice for that person.

Right, what has simply done that even remotely suggested any kind of rage. Both you and Mister Kenobi have.

Now boys and Lady's I don't mean to step on toes, but if there really was an issue with what Josh was doing, one of two thinks should have happened:
2). Now pay attention, If this was a violation of forum rules (or Phil didn't like it) the MOD's would have already shut it down.

I have notified the mod and Philip. DBB has chosen not to say anything, and Philip has not looked at it yet.

For the record, a $12.99 figure shipped Priority Mail would run roughly $19.00, leaving an overage of $3.00.

Um, there is no way that a figure weighs more than a pound. He has not given the option of using other services, such as first class mail, which would be a dollar or two. Even with priority mail, shipping is 3.85 and can be left for the mail man or in a mail box.

$3.00 Hmmmmmmm, $3.00 for Josh's time and gas @ $2.20 a gallon, for the trip to Target to get the item and then gas and time to deliver it to the post office. That's about an hour to an hour and a half of time, for $3.00.

No, a $4-5 profit on at least four figures. That comes out to at least $15. Gas should not cast THAT much, and time is not considered a chargable part of the price. People earn their living, make their livelihood by charging for their time. Is that what we want this community to be? We are here to help each other out, not to make money.

Man Josh you're really sticking it to people around here, aren't ya. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-John

No, but he is making money off these sales.

simplythebest
11-14-2005, 11:59 AM

Sorry - I was talking about shipping within the United States. I know that shipping out of the country can be a real b1tch on the wallet. I should have indicated the distinction.

Technically, I was interested in the thread. I had just gotten a bunch of shadow troopers ahead of the scheduled release date and was curious to see where else they were popping up.

An interesting theory - if one had started calling people n00bs and accusing them of flaming, it may actually be appropriate for the situation.

This is a forum, no? If you have a comment on what's being said in the forum, you're supposed to post, no?

Of course. I did acknowledge that one could make an argument for gas and time.

You really think it costs $6.00 to ship a figure priority mail? The boxes are free at the post office and packing peanuts, while not cheap, probably don't cost $2.00 for enough to fill the gaps of a priority box... and I'm not even buying those packing peanuts at everybody's favorite Target store.

I'll grant you that not everybody has convenient distances to Target and the post office. If I can get out during work, the post office is right next door and my local Target stores are each 15 minutes away... but I go there three times a week with or without Star Wars figures to buy.

You certainly make some good points and perhaps I was reading into the rules way too much. I'm not one to charge for my time and gas mainly because I'm already on my way to pick up figures (or just to buy laundry detergent) so the time AND gas would have been spent, anyway. I didn't take into account that not everybody is as much of a Target-head as I am.

My apologies to Josh for implying in any way that he was trying to scam anybody. I was just curious as to the math and probably also got a bit caught up in the whole scammer thing due to recent difficulties in acquiring certain pieces at certain retailers.

Good luck in selling your figures, sir - your intentions are certainly well made.

-simplythebest

simplythebest
11-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Your reply doesn't even make sense. Regardless, MisterKenobi was the first here to lose his temper. None of us "nOOb's" have done so.

I am quite surprised that MisterKenobi had such a huge problem with what was said here. Of course, that's MisterKenobi's prerogative but it simply makes him seem a little half-cocked.

No, but I presume to know how he has reacted in the past. I refer you to the following post (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB19&Number=586031&Forum=c7&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=586010&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=2&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post586031):
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Do not ever use these forums again to sell current toys at even a penny more than you paid for them. It is better to leave them on the shelf for others to buy. If you aren't willing to ship at your cost, DO NOT BUY THEM.

And for anybody that agrees to pay a marked up scalping price, even if it's $1.00, you are part of the problem as well. If there's no market, there's no dealer.

[/QUOTE]

Hmm... perhaps I wasn't being too much of a stickler for the rules.

Right, what has simply done that even remotely suggested any kind of rage. Both you and Mister Kenobi have.

Thanks for the defense Slambo, but I don't know that we should necessarily accuse Mr. Graham of rage, haha. He seems to be simply stating his points just as we have. We don't want to wig out like MisterKenobi did... and become pots calling the kettle black.

Um, there is no way that a figure weighs more than a pound.

To Mr. Graham's point... the packing material can actually weight a bit, but you're certainly right that the figure itself weighs nowhere near a pound. Our point that shipping isn't THAT much is still very valid.

He has not given the option of using other services, such as first class mail, which would be a dollar or two. Even with priority mail, shipping is 3.85 and can be left for the mail man or in a mail box.

I generally just let the buyer decide how they want me to ship the item. I think the downside of using first class mail is then you have to find a damn box. If you don't have any that work for the transaction, you have to buy a box which DEFINITELY isn't cheap, no matter where you purchase it. I just bought a set of three boxes from Staples for $12 and change after tax - these were to fit the Republic Gunship. I couldn't buy them individually and the post office doesn't carry boxes big enough to send one of those with enough room for packing material. Obviously, the buyer was more than willing to pay for the cost of the one box but now I'm stuck with two boxes... so I'm looking for gunships to pick up for people, haha.

No, a $4-5 profit on at least four figures. That comes out to at least $15. Gas should not cast THAT much, and time is not considered a chargable part of the price. People earn their living, make their livelihood by charging for their time. Is that what we want this community to be? We are here to help each other out, not to make money.

A very good point. I'm curious what other people think of the debate between charging for time and gas and not charging for time and gas. Apparently, the moderators are very adamant that time is not part of the equation, but that's up to them to decide which posts to cut and which to keep.

But this is what I love about forums... it's certainly passing some of my time away here at work. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Josh
11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Ya im just trying to help, and it was 3.05 for gas and im in a truck, so ya, it was really expensive.

Ice
11-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Can someone lock this please?This has become a flame war...

Josh
11-15-2005, 08:16 AM
um not anymore, bump

John_A_Graham
11-16-2005, 08:37 AM
simplythebest I like your line of thinking, level headed and willing to look at more than just your (or one) point of view.

Thanks for that and well wishes to you.
__________________________________________________ __________

Slambo, hmm??? I guess your name speaks for itself...SLAM!

Good Luck Sir in your endeavors.

Josh, I don't know you but in all honesty, you really could curve the cost on this item a little, of course that's your choice, or the MOD's and Phil's.

Speaking of which, 5 days and this thread is still up, thus one would think (as we donít' want to assume),
IT'S OK. ??? Time will tell all.

Cheers and Good Luck ALL,

-John

Yoda4501
11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I think this could have been solved by saying he would sell at cost plus shipping and handling. I wouldnt spend that much for a figure but shipping over seas cost a bit more. What would it cost to ship in the states. I dont think people should have to pay for your gas for going to the stores because everyone here goes to many stores in hopes of adding to their collections. Picking up extras is your own deal. It is a good thing that you are willing to ship over seas but shipping in the states shouldnt be over $5.00 at the most IMO.