PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow 1/4 Scale PF or wait for 12"???

Monstermile
10-29-2005, 09:11 AM
I am really tempted to order and pre-order a few of the Sideshow 1/4 scales. But size and price is making me a little leary. Size because of displaying options and $$$ because I have too many other expensive hobbies. That is why I was considering waiting for the 12" line. Does anyone think these will be up to par with the 1/4 scales?? Anyone collect any of the other 12" Sideshow pieces and can comment on their quality and attention to detail?? I don't want to chance waiting for the 12" line and have it be crap and be left out on a few of the 1/4 scales that I have my eye on.

derek
10-29-2005, 12:55 PM
i'm definatley waiting on the 12 inch line. of course in a larger scale, like 1/4th, the detail will be higher, but i have numerous 12 inch sideshow figures, and for the most part, their quality is awesome.

i've heard they are taking their 12 inch figures up a notch in terms of quality..... stuff like leather belts and working pouches.

sideshow is supposed to show their first 12 inch star wars figure next month, so you'll be able to decide soon.

Forhekset
10-29-2005, 01:31 PM
The quality of the 1/4 scale statues is obviously going to be much higher, but you'll be able to get 3-4 12" figures for the price of a single 1/4 piece. Then there's also the space issues as well which you alluded to. Plus the lack of poseability with the 1/4 line. So it's really up to you.

For me, it would all depend on whether or not I wanted to collect just a few of these or a bunch of 'em. If you want just a few of your favorite characters, go with the 1/4 line. If you want a bunch, you should probably stick with the 12" figs. But I doubt the quality & detail is going to be anywhere near the 1/4 statues.

Philip_Marlowe
10-29-2005, 02:22 PM
I'd say go for the 1/4 line, but thats just me.

I've severely limited what I collect in the last few months, and I don't play with toys anyway so I figure I might as well get statues.

Chief_Bast
10-29-2005, 08:22 PM
If money and space can afford it, I would say go for at least one of the premium format figures. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Judging by SS's other 12" releases, the display-factor and collectiblity should still be top-notch. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TA2215
10-29-2005, 08:30 PM
If you going for one of the 1/4 Vader should be your choice, with the front chest box and belt boxes lighting up effect this will be a great example of Side Show quality. And once you get it start thinking on Grievous!!!!