PDA

View Full Version : More VOTC in 2006, MayBE!!!!!

Stan
10-19-2005, 12:25 PM
The Swami predicted there were more VOTC coming in 2006,
He had name a few on the site-Veers and Leia Boush has surface under the Sage 2 line. But there was one has not
Han Endor. So this leads me to beleive that Hasbro will announce this at Toy fair this year. Also we still do
not know the Death star wave yet either. This figures will
take us to a July 2006 release. So maybe there will be another 12 figures plus maybe 4 more POTF coins cards. The like of major main characters in the 2006 line;
so this would make up for the differents.

ANH

Greedo-
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Death Squad Commander

ESB

Luke (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Echo Base Rebel Trooper
Bespin Guard(muti heads)

ROTJ

Gamerean Guard
Wicket W Warwick
Han Endor
Biker Scout

POTF (Coin)

Sim Aloo
Luke Endor
Leia Endor
Adrimal Ackbar

Battle of Death Star Wave

Luke(X Wing)
Red Leader
Grand Moff Tarkin
R5 Red ledaders droid
General Tagge
Tie Fighter Pilot

kirklondon
10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Who is Sim Aloo?

The_Kilted_Fett
10-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Who is Sim Aloo?

Imperial dignitary

Khev
10-19-2005, 01:16 PM
ANH

Greedo-
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Death Squad Commander

ESB

Luke (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Echo Base Rebel Trooper
Bespin Guard(muti heads)

ROTJ

Gamerean Guard
Wicket W Warwick
Han Endor
Biker Scout

Is this a wish list or is it believed that these will really be released? I'd crap myself if Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, and Bespin Luke got the VOTC treatment.

indysolo007
10-19-2005, 01:23 PM
I think if they do new VOTC figures we will tend to see more main characters and perhaps even a Prequel set.

ANH
Luke X wing
Sandperson
Tarkin
Imperial Commander

ESB
Han in Hoth gear
Leia Hoth gear
SnowTrooper
Chewie with C3P0

ROTJ
Emperor Palpatine
Scout Trooper
Luke in Endor Gear
Leia in Endor Gear

TPM
Qui Gon
Anakin
Obi Wan
Maul tatooine

AOTC
Mace Windu
Clone Trooper (Red Markings)
Jango
Anakin Peasant Gear

ROTS
Palpatine Purple Robes
Greivous
Yoda
Bail Organa Senate Robes

Then perhaps they can do a new line of Amidala/Leia sets:

ANH/TPM
Leia in Ceremonial dress
Padme in Travel Robes (purple)

ESB/AOTC
Leia in Medical frigate robe
Amidala in Field Dress (yellow)

ROTJ/ROTS
Leia in General gear
Amidala in Senate Robes (blue and black)

CobraKaiDojo
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
If they're going to do VOTC again (charging $10 a figure) then they need to concentrate on diversity instead of too many tired variations of the same characters. Also keep in mind, that to qualify for VOTC, they had to exist previously in the vintage line. (So that eliminates Tarkin)

Here's the way I think it should go:

ANH:
Tusken Raider
Jawa 2 pack
Death Squad Commander (Death Star Trooper)
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)

ESB:
Lobot
Pilot Luke
Han Bespin
Leia Bespin

ROTJ:
Emperor Palpatine
Admiral Ackbar
AT-ST Driver
Biker Scout (Scout Trooper)

CHEWIE
10-19-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd like to see another round of the VOTC figures... but first - Stan, didn't you say a while back that we would be getting an AT-TE in November 2005? I thought you might be right about this since you predicted the Sandcrawler correctly.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CaptainJack
10-19-2005, 02:45 PM
I'd imagine that if we get more VOTC it would be in 2007 for the 30th anniversary. I have a feeling Hasbro will want to do something since they won't have anything else to focus on. 25th anniversary coincided with Ep II, and they still did something .

kengar
10-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I think a new VOTC line is a definite possibility for next year. That would explain the lack of main characters in the initial Saga II lineup. I also think another run of Evolutions with Padme, Obi Wan and some other character would be in order.

When's Toyfair? February?

The_Kilted_Fett
10-19-2005, 03:09 PM
116 days and counting.

Jonny_Rotten
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't rely to much on the Swami's predictions. His last few reports were way off. Where's the Stormtrooper deluxe 3 pack he said was coming?

jedicat
10-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I would like to see another round of the VOTC.
Just wish the price point would drop a bit.

Nerfherder
10-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Hmmm what would they make in another round of VOTC? My guess:

ANH
Sandpeople (Tusken Raider)
Jawa
Death Squad Commander
Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot)

ESB
Han Solo (Bespin Fatigues)
Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Gear)
C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)

ROTJ
Han Solo (Trenchcoat)
The Emperor
Nien Nunb
Wicket W. Warrick

And as a bonus, how about:

POTF
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise)
Luke Skywalker (Endor Poncho)
R2-D2 (Pop-Up Lightsaber)
Imperial Gunner

Yoda4501
10-19-2005, 06:02 PM
I personally dont mind paying over $10 per figure if I get the packaging and cardbacks with great figures. The last round of VOTC got me seriously back into buying SW figures. Another batch of figures would be great and I think Hasbro will release them down the line. I wont say next year but when they need to fill in the gaps between TV shows and releasing the OT out in theaters in 3D. I hope they release another 12 figures and maybe 4 from the POTF line.

NCajayon
10-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Another VOTC set will be great. Maybe they should also ad other figures not featured in the original set. Here are my choices:

ANH:
Luke stormtrooper disguise
Han Solo stormtrooper disguise
Greedo
Imperial trooper

ESB
SA Snowtrooper
SA female cloud car pilot
2 pack ugnaughts
break apart c3p0

ROTJ
Leia endor general
SA Scout trooper
SA Wedge
SA Admiral Ackbar

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CJHawk
10-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm guessing the 2006 VOTC figures are probably just wishful thinking. For one, if they were planning on doing a vintage version of the POTF figures I would have though Han Carbonite would have been a prime option. Leia Boushh would also have been one I would have expected in a VOTC line. Seeing them in the regular makes me doubtful we will see VOTC next year, but I could be wrong.

Darth_Broem
10-19-2005, 09:34 PM
I wouldn't rely to much on the Swami's predictions. His last few reports were way off. Where's the Stormtrooper deluxe 3 pack he said was coming?

I thought it was indeed going to be released but was ultimately axed by whomever was on tap for the exclusive? Or maybe I was dreaming.

Khev
10-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Since the rumor of a new Luke X-Wing Pilot is indicating either a new X-Wing or line of VOTC figures, I'm going to throw in my wishlist for the new line:

VOTC ANH

Luke X-Wing
Greedo
Sandperson
Jawa

VOTC ESB

Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
Han Solo (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Bossk

VOTC ROTJ

Biker Scout
Princess Leia (Endor)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi - Jabba's Palace)
Wicket

Acclaimed
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Has there been any SW characters that have never been made into a figure?
I'd rather buy something new than the same guys over and over.

maybe like Obi Wan Deathstar duel. All it would be is a smokey cloak and a vader foot you could put over top of it. LOL, I'd buy that.

Khev
10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Has there been any SW characters that have never been made into a figure?
I'd rather buy something new than the same guys over and over.

Except that the whole point of the VOTC line is to bring back original cardbacks of old characters.

*___*
10-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Some of you are going to be very happy...I can say no more! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neal
10-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Some of you are going to be very happy...I can say no more! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't you just want to beat him when he does things like this? Now ... try living in the same town as him.

EeChooTaa
10-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Well I am pretty sure from his lack of you'll be very happy in my previous post regarding the canceled Death Star wave, that any new VOTC will be without Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise. *Sigh*

DSIILuke
10-27-2005, 05:02 PM

Don't you just want to beat him when he does things like this? Now ... try living in the same town as him.

lol for real. I feel your pain. If they are bringing back the VOTC line, hopefully Luke Endor will get the suped up treatment to bring us a SA DS Duel Luke later. The news of a New Luke XWing and Luke Ceremonial made me excited for this line again. I cannot wait!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GNT
10-27-2005, 07:44 PM
LOL. Very interesting...mmmm Hasbro would be stupid not to bring this line back since it was well recieved by collectors and fans alike. If they do I hope it's new characters (Jawa, Greedo etc) not the same 12 or some of them packed on a different movie card eg Luke packed on an ESB card or whatever.

Skyhoucker
10-27-2005, 07:51 PM
I'd imagine that if we get more VOTC it would be in 2007 for the 30th anniversary. I have a feeling Hasbro will want to do something since they won't have anything else to focus on. 25th anniversary coincided with Ep II, and they still did something .

Prepare to tar and feather me, but what did they do? I honestly don't remember anything special.

Toonimator
10-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Three statuesque 2-packs, I forget the name: Han & Chewie recreating the classic photo of them back-to-back, guns ready; Luke & Leia on the edge of the Death Star chasm, ready to swing; Obi-Wan & Vader, dueling.

It's in the POTJ section of the Photo Archives, under "25th Anniversary"

CaptainAlex
10-27-2005, 09:35 PM
I think the VOTC were a clever, unique idea to tie in with the release of the OTC on DVD.

We know Habro can do the articulation/sculpt thing at a decent price point.

But to charge $9.99 for another wave of VOTC figures gives me nausea.

Skip the clam shell and just give me decent sculpts and decent articulation for $5.99. Don't overcharge us for a product just because it's considered VOTC like.

DSIILuke
10-28-2005, 11:12 AM
I think the VOTC were a clever, unique idea to tie in with the release of the OTC on DVD.

We know Habro can do the articulation/sculpt thing at a decent price point.

But to charge $9.99 for another wave of VOTC figures gives me nausea.

Skip the clam shell and just give me decent sculpts and decent articulation for $5.99. Don't overcharge us for a product just because it's considered VOTC like.

I love the VOTC, and I hope they continue it, as well as not just do figures from the vintage line, but do new figures on vintage styled cards. i.e stormtrooper han, dsii duel luke, qui-gon jinn, etc. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CaptainJack
10-28-2005, 11:16 AM
LOL. Very interesting...mmmm Hasbro would be stupid not to bring this line back since it was well recieved by collectors and fans alike.

Really? I don't think they sold all that well actually. There are lots of these still around, including close-out places like Family Dollar and Tuesday Morning.

DSIILuke
10-28-2005, 11:22 AM
LOL. Very interesting...mmmm Hasbro would be stupid not to bring this line back since it was well recieved by collectors and fans alike.

Really? I don't think they sold all that well actually. There are lots of these still around, including close-out places like Family Dollar and Tuesday Morning.

ive never seen them at dollar stores, and the only one that sat in my area was Lando.

Toonimator
10-28-2005, 12:53 PM
When the first wave hit, Han was the only peg-warmer (much like Pilot Obi-Wan now; odd that 2 of the greatest SW figures ever warm pegs! Guess Hasbro shipped too many!), after the ESB and ROTJ waves shipped, ANH's Leia & Obi-Wan warmed a bit, Leia especially; Lando warmed plenty, and C-3PO & Yoda were known in my area to sit around for more than a week.

But by April, all that was left was Lando. If new shipments came in (Stormtroopers & Fetts popped up regularly for awhile), all would vanish quickly but for Lando.

CaptainJack
10-28-2005, 02:36 PM
To clarify, stuff has been reported at the discount stores which doesn't necessarily mean low customer demand, but could indicate low retailer demand. This may be more due to a shift toward ROTS, but more likely a respoonse to the fact that the pegs were filled with Lando.
But, if Lando, Yoda and Co. didn't sell, what chance would even more minor characters really have? (Greedo,Tusken Raider etc.)

Toonimator
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
A truly great Greedo would sell well enough I think, as it's a cool alien figure, and customizers would eat him up. Tusken Raiders would sell to army builders if nothing else, but I think that, too, would have high demand.

A Death Squad Commander/Death Star Trooper, VOTC style? That'd fly off the pegs as fast as Stormtroopers!! Same with a Star Destroyer Commander.

I think more VOTC overall WOULD sell well, but some regions would see certain characters pegwarm as much as Lando, and there might be one in a new series of 12 that would be the "Lando" of the group in most of the country. I'm honestly surprised C-3PO didn't stick around, as it's one of the worst 3PO figures they've ever done; it just had nice paint!

Yoda4501
10-28-2005, 09:43 PM
He looks fine MOC http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boushh
10-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Lando is still keeping the pegs toasty here. I only saw C-3PO once at retail, so I figured he was just the short packed figure in the latest case assortments. I remember when Leia and Ben Kenobi lingered as well, but I think the problem with those were the fact that the first wave was shipped out in such mass quantities that it was inevitable for awhile. I really do think that there are twelve more figures that could be released as a follow-up that would sell quite well if they were done justice. Even a prequel VOTC-style set would probably sell well given the quality of the figures and selection of characters are both good.

DSIILuke
10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Lando is still keeping the pegs toasty here. I only saw C-3PO once at retail, so I figured he was just the short packed figure in the latest case assortments. I remember when Leia and Ben Kenobi lingered as well, but I think the problem with those were the fact that the first wave was shipped out in such mass quantities that it was inevitable for awhile. I really do think that there are twelve more figures that could be released as a follow-up that would sell quite well if they were done justice. Even a prequel VOTC-style set would probably sell well given the quality of the figures and selection of characters are both good.

I agree with that. Like Ive previously stated, Id love to see a VPTC and VOTC (even tho it isnt following the tradidtion) with characters that were never included in the line.

kirklondon
10-29-2005, 06:14 PM
I think Greedo would be a waste. The OTC version is good enough to not justify this figure. I'd rather see a Tusken, or DS Commander.

DeathSquadron
10-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Death Squad Commander

Woo!

They'd never do it, though. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gothiczartan
10-29-2005, 10:32 PM
The Swami predicted there were more VOTC coming in 2006,
He had name a few on the site-Veers and Leia Boush has surface under the Sage 2 line. But there was one has not
Han Endor. So this leads me to beleive that Hasbro will announce this at Toy fair this year. Also we still do
not know the Death star wave yet either. This figures will
take us to a July 2006 release. So maybe there will be another 12 figures plus maybe 4 more POTF coins cards. The like of major main characters in the 2006 line;
so this would make up for the differents.

ANH

Greedo-
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Death Squad Commander

ESB

Luke (Bespin)
Snowtrooper
Echo Base Rebel Trooper
Bespin Guard(muti heads)

ROTJ

Gamerean Guard
Wicket W Warwick
Han Endor
Biker Scout

POTF (Coin)

Sim Aloo
Luke Endor
Leia Endor
Adrimal Ackbar

Battle of Death Star Wave

Luke(X Wing)
Red Leader
Grand Moff Tarkin
R5 Red ledaders droid
General Tagge
Tie Fighter Pilot

make sure every figure needs like SA!

I Red Leader was never in the vintage line.
I guess red leader will first be made for the VOTC.

Zombie_F_Body
10-30-2005, 03:48 AM
I think if distrubuted properly and with a lower retail tag (maybe saving the super-duper articulation for the action oriented characters. I notice Obi-Wan was kind of lacking in the articulation department and none can hold a candle to Luke and Han)VOTC could thrive along side the regular lines. That way Hasbro could put out an action-feature-kiddy set every so often and still keep the older collectors happy.

I'd pee myself to have VOTC quality remakes of all the classic figs!

Stan
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey Guys, when I wrote the Battle of Death Star-I was making
an education guess on that wave-not the votc.

I notice that on the front page that they left one figure off on this wave!!!

Stan
10-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Mr. Curto,

Care to extend a little more info on this subject!!!!

*___*
10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
I could, but why ruin the surprise? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Okay fine, how's this for a tease? 4 figures guessed in this very thread are correct. Which four? You will find out soon!

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 01:30 PM
I could, but why ruin the surprise? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Okay fine, how's this for a tease? 4 figures guessed in this very thread are correct. Which four? You will find out soon!

Thats pure TORTURE!!! I hope we do get the suped up Luke Jedi in the VOTC, or Endor Luke. I know they have one in the basic line, but Id love to see this figure get the VOTC treatment.

If they release a Jedi Luke in the ROTJ line up, this is what I wanna see:

Super Articulation (19 or so points http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif)
Removable Cloth tunic (for the DSII Luke underneath!)
Interchangable hands (gloved/ungloved clenched, gloved/ungloved unclenched, battle damaged ungloved hand)
Soft goods Jedi Cloak
Lightsaber
Lightsaber hilt

If they do decide to do a POTF Endor Luke, then this is what I want:

Super Articulation (19 or so points)
Soft Goods Removable Poncho
Removable Helmet
Binders
Lightsaber Lightsaber hilt

I think that Jedi Luke is long and WAAAAYYY over due for the VOTC treatment, it would sell well def. with the fans, and I believe that if they had the removable soft goods, it would give us the Ultimate Jedi Luke (not to mention DS Duel Luke later) that we all want. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CURTO GIVE US MORE HINTS!!! HOW MANY VOTC FIGURES WILL WE SEE, AND WHAT LINES??!?!?!? (i.e. ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TPM,AOTC,ROTS) DONT DO THIS TO US!! SHED SOME LIGHT!

EvilLittleJawa
10-31-2005, 01:31 PM
I would kill for new Jawas... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neal
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM

Oh, oh ... I know the answer to that one! The figures ... are .....

Oh wait. I can't say anything. Dammit.

CommanderRedd
10-31-2005, 02:36 PM
I think they should do a VOTC for the PT. Like,

TPM
1.Queen Amidala (red gown)
2.Darth Mual
3.Qui-Gon-Jinn
4.C-3PO

AOTC
1.Yoda
2.Jango Fett
3.Count Dooku
4.Mace Windu

ROTS
1.Anakin
2.Obi-Wan-Kenobi
3.Palpatine
4.Clone Trooper

RebelTrooper
10-31-2005, 02:36 PM

Dan,

When you say "soon", what month are we talking about? November? December? January? February?

Also, have you seen any pics of the 2006 Basic line, Deluxe 2-packs, VOTC that haven't been made public yet? Just curious?

Thanks,

John

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 03:04 PM

Dan,

When you say "soon", what month are we talking about? November? December? January? February?

Also, have you seen any pics of the 2006 Basic line, Deluxe 2-packs, VOTC that haven't been made public yet? Just curious?

Thanks,

John

Yes curto, please elaborate http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bennyhaha
10-31-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't even care. I was so in love with the first set of 12 they could re-pack any of them and I would buy them all.

ScoutTrooperSgt
10-31-2005, 03:08 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ATLEAST TWO OF THEM. PM ME THEM I PROMISE I WONT TELL THIS IS TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 03:11 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ATLEAST TWO OF THEM. PM ME THEM I PROMISE I WONT TELL THIS IS TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

[/QUOTE]

What he said!!!

JediShawn
10-31-2005, 03:17 PM
I hope that Hasrbo re-releases the VOTC Stormtrooper. Maybe not in a new VOTC line necessarily, but, rather, in the rumored Deluxe two packs.

Also, I hope the new VOTC isn't as expensive as the original was. I could really do without the starcase.

EeChooTaa
10-31-2005, 03:26 PM
My predictions of which four mentioned above they are referring too:

ANH-Tusken Raider
ESB-Luke Bespin
ROTJ-Scout Trooper
ROTJ-Emperor

What would make me happier than ever though, Stormtrooper Luke and Han...Deluxe maybe??
Overall, I can't wait to spend my hard-earned cash this next year.

Neal
10-31-2005, 03:27 PM

All you have to do is look at yourself to get one of the answers.

ScoutTrooperSgt
10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET SWEET.... ah you get the picture.

EeChooTaa
10-31-2005, 03:31 PM
1-down, 3 to go...

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 03:33 PM

All you have to do is look at yourself to get one of the answers.

Who else needs to look at themselves????? PLEASE TELL US, PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT! WERE ALL AT YOUR MERCEY!!

ForceMasterFisto
10-31-2005, 03:42 PM
So that means we're getting a VOTC biker scout right!? Just wanna clarify lol.

Neal
10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Sorry. I obviously made that last hint too easy. I basically gave that one to you.

ScoutTrooperSgt
10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
dont be sorry. i am so glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scout troopers are my favorite and he gets to be SA (i am guessing cause he is in the VOTC line)

Khev
10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Sorry. I obviously made that last hint too easy. I basically gave that one to you.

Sweet!!! Any other "hints" you'd like to share? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ScoutTrooperSgt
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
please share more hints or tell us how you know all of this? And if another one is a Bespin Luke or a Snow trooper or maybe even a Han with trench coat please tell us!!! your not hurting anyone by telling us!!

Yoda4501
10-31-2005, 05:05 PM
If we know we are getting 4 more VOTC figures that means we must be getting at least two figures from each movie (minus the PreOTC movies because they cant be put on Vintage cards). I figure you cant have an unbalanced asssortment for the 3 movies. You know they will make the following for sure:
Sand People
Jawa
Snowtrooper
Bespin Luke
Emperor
Wicket
Biker Scout

I will start saving because I know these are what I will be buying over the regular Saga figures.

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 08:20 PM
If we know we are getting 4 more VOTC figures that means we must be getting at least two figures from each movie (minus the PreOTC movies because they cant be put on Vintage cards). I figure you cant have an unbalanced asssortment for the 3 movies. You know they will make the following for sure:
Sand People
Jawa
Snowtrooper
Bespin Luke
Emperor
Wicket
Biker Scout

I will start saving because I know these are what I will be buying over the regular Saga figures.

I hope these are announced in a couple of days. The aniexity is killing me! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Zombie_F_Body
10-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Wicket?

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 09:12 PM
Wicket?

yea, wicket? wtf

EeChooTaa
10-31-2005, 09:16 PM
I think Wicket has every right to be VOTC'd. The only problem being, it would probably stunt the other Ewoks we already have. Making them look very 1997ish.

DSIILuke
10-31-2005, 09:19 PM
I think Wicket has every right to be VOTC'd. The only problem being, it would probably stunt the other Ewoks we already have. Making them look very 1997ish.

Id rather see Core Characters than minor and secondary characters. Wicket was fine to me in the POTF2 line, yes, he could use an update, but Im not stressin over that one.

Yoda4501
10-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Wicket although he is a secondary character, he did play a very important role in ROTJ. This figure needs the VOTC treatment. Everybody hates the little ewoks. They get no love around here. Just one to be made VOTC style isnt bad. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EeChooTaa
10-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Well I would enjoy a Death Star Luke (which I know you are pulling for) before Wicket. Several others before Wicket actually. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a VOTC card.

Yoda4501
11-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Death Star Luke and Bespin Luke should be included and Wicket will be made because he is the most popular Ewok character. I wish they would just make all the vintage figures VOTC style so we are all happy. Make them all Hasbro. 12 a year isnt bad. It would keep most everybody happy.

DSIILuke
11-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Death Star Luke and Bespin Luke should be included and Wicket will be made because he is the most popular Ewok character. I wish they would just make all the vintage figures VOTC style so we are all happy. Make them all Hasbro. 12 a year isnt bad. It would keep most everybody happy.

Ya know, if they did all the figures VOTC style at 10 bucks a pop Id buy um all, multiples even. I hope and pray DS Luke gets the VOTC treatment. If he did I would never ever ask hasbro for anything again. EVER!!!

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
11-01-2005, 12:48 AM
I would buy all VOTC figures they made. I know it sounds lame but I really liked what they did the first time around. I would prefer to see Logray made than Wicket though.

Zombie_F_Body
11-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the 'woks. It's just I was hoping Wicket would come a little later down the road. I'd rather have Leia or Luke in their Endor fatigues first. Another thing that kind of burns me is the size. I got my VOTC Yoda through a trade, and as awesome a figure as that was, the price point leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All that soft-goodness still didn't justify paying 10 bucks for the little dude. The only soft goods that Wicket could have is his head covering. Unless they give him realisic fur, this will be one figure that I will be mumbling under my breath at as I take it to the register.

D. Martin
11-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Go to the front page to have your questions answered

Rune_Haako
11-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Why not some prequel ones also? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

D. Martin
11-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Because that misses the entire point of the line.

Rune_Haako
11-01-2005, 01:39 PM
BAH, the OT is so overrated. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And the PT so underrated.

Darth_Anton
11-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Awsome! I'm going to go broke over the Scout troopers, but at least I'll be happy.

Also, with a SA Luke Pilot, we can upgrade some of our older pilots onto this body. Yea!

Overall A+.

CaptainJack
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Prequel figures can be given a similar treatment, but it would make no sense for them to be given vintage-style cardbacks.

Khev
11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Awesome. Will have to pick up every single one, including at least two Sandpeople and at least five of the Biker Scouts. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kunanuk
11-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey people, A new VOTC wave is the best piece of news i've heard since the announcement of the new Saga Collection. And, finally we'll got LUKE IN X-WING PILOT GEAR. Tusken Raider was one of my long-awaited figures in a S.A. style, I can't believe this is true! About Greedo, he's welcome, but I would prefer another character before this one, because I'm happy with the OTC re-paint from POTF Comtech. Biker Scout is the holly grial of the S.A. style, and here he is. Obviously, the same with the Endor Han. Well here's my ranking:

1. Tusken Raider
2. Biker Scout
3. X-Wing Luke
4. Endor Han
5. Greedo

Khev
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I wonder if Endor Han will just be the previous VOTC Han with a soft goods trenchcoat added?

Khev
Double post

Rune_Haako
Prequel figures can be given a similar treatment, but it would make no sense for them to be given vintage-style cardbacks.

[/QUOTE]

True, but Hasbro won't do it.

EternalJedi

I'd love to have a VOTC-style Wicket. Or even an updated sculpt. The Teebo and "Warok" (or whoever came with the Ultra glider) figures look fantastic, but make the Logray and Wicket figures that we have look so-1997 (1998 actually). The so-called "Paploo" from the AT-ST and speeder bike set, and the Ewok from the Complete Galaxy series are both retooled Wicket sculpts, and look just as stupid. We're getting a Chief Chirpa next year, who will look great next to Teebo and Warok.

Wicket and Paploo both deserve sculpts at least as good as Teebo's, given their roles in the film. I'd still like a new Logray too, as I was never really happy with his POTF2 sculpt. His face looks really off, and he is too short (like Wicket is too tall).

Darth_Anton
11-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I wonder if Endor Han will just be the previous VOTC Han with a soft goods trenchcoat added?

I don't think they'd be that cheep. He can surely use a new sculpt.

kirklondon
11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Good news, but I still think a new Greedo is a waste. The OTC repaint is just fine. Plus it could have been an ESB fig instead, like the Snowtrooper. Isn't weird to not have an ESB fig? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kunanuk
11-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Good news, but I still think a new Greedo is a waste. The OTC repaint is just fine. Plus it could have been an ESB fig instead, like the Snowtrooper. Isn't weird to not have an ESB fig? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Totally agree. Where's the TESB wave!!!???
Well, I think this new VOTC wave will be released fall 2006, then we'll got the Snowtrooper and the Bespin Luke. They can't release the re-fried Snowtrooper in TSC and the VOTC one at the same time.

Paulskywalker
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
WOW RS your on the ball lately. loving the tusken raider and scout trooper finally an s/a one. i agree there must be a TESB wave with an s/a snowtrooper but it will be later in the year.

Tusken_Raiders
11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
That is some great news...I was hoping for 4 from each movie, if so, I would like to see added to the ANH line-up a SA Death Star Commander, Jawa or Walrus Man...

As for ESB...SA AT-AT Driver PLEASE!!!, SA Bespin Luke, SA Zuckuss/4LOM or Bossk, SA Tie Pilot...Maybe SA Hoth Han..

ROTJ..SA Endor Han is a Major Plus (well I hope he is SA), SA Endor Leia, SA Jedi Luke...Wicket..

Smudger9
11-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm sure there will be at least one other figure in the VOTC set... 5 seems like an odd number.

Neal
11-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm sure there will be at least one other figure in the VOTC set... 5 seems like an odd number.

Five is an odd number.

I'd like to see a few more ... especially from TESB.

kirklondon
11-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I guess they could put the Luke X-wing on an ESB card, ala Darth Vader.

CaptainJack
11-01-2005, 03:38 PM
It's not a coincidence that there is no overlap between the basic figures and the VOTC. That would just be a bad business decision. If it is in the basic Saga line, I would not expect it in the VOTC line.

Khev
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Didn't the first VOTC overlap with OTC?

Inigo_Montoya
11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I definately would have suggested a Jawa instead of Greedo.

Maybe 2007 will see some love for a SA ANH Jawa Chief, Datcha, and one or both of the Freak Giant Jawas.

jrsharp21
11-01-2005, 04:02 PM
I had to put an email to a friend and ask about when we can see the new VOTC. His reply was that there isn't an exact street date yet but we should see them the first half of 2006.

Paulskywalker
11-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Hasbro are never afraid to put out a character in basic form and then in VOTC or box set.

EeChooTaa
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
While these all seem great and I can't wait, I have one question: Why do we get a Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise before the much-needed Han and Luke Stormtroopers?

DSIILuke
11-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Call me greedy, but should there be four figures from each movie, and didnt the swami say there was going to be a VOTC POTF line too? Anybody have an answers to this?

The ones weve heard about thus far though sound great. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif Def. pleased!

*___*
11-01-2005, 04:38 PM
While these all seem great and I can't wait, I have one question: Why do we get a Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise before the much-needed Han and Luke Stormtroopers?

How do you know we won't get them?

DSIILuke
11-01-2005, 04:39 PM

Aww...dont start this again! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DarthVice
11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Finally a SA bike trooper http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif
i thought i was gonna quit collectin this next year, looks like i'll be broke instead.(oh well i quit smoking gotta treat myself)

Paulskywalker
11-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Don't get me wrong first of all i love this list especially the scout trooper. Since the last Speeder bike to be release was with a clone trooper. How come Hasbro ain't releasing one for this?. Hasbro are always stating (or i say the anal hasbro worshipper fans) that they are always making key characters for kids and new collectors, well if that is the case they would do what kenner would of done which is make sure there are vehicles for the kids. As a kid i got the scout trooper i wanted the speeder to go with, i got the at at driver i then wanted the at at. didn't we all. so why don't hasbro use there head and do that its only logical.

JediShawn
11-01-2005, 04:57 PM

So is it safe to assume we'll see both Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguises in, say, a Deluxe pack?

EeChooTaa
11-01-2005, 04:58 PM

Now this is the response I've been looking for. Judging by your recent similar responses, I hope to receive more news about these two in the next few days or so. If they are in the works for this upcoming year, this will officially be the greatest year of SW toys!

EeChooTaa
11-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Mr. Curto, I'm dying here...and any other hint, any other info regarding these two would greatly appreciated.

DSIILuke
11-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Now this is the response I've been looking for. Judging by your recent similar responses, I hope to receive more news about these two in the next few days or so. If they are in the works for this upcoming year, this will officially be the greatest year of SW toys!

Def. would love to see these two

Toonimator
11-01-2005, 06:16 PM
We've still had no word on small vehicles & the like. I wouldn't be surprised if the Speeder Bike, based on the recent blue-card deluxe-pack one, gets released. It'd probably come with a figure, and not a very good one, as they don't seem keen on straying from comfortable price-points of $9.99 and $14.99 for smaller vehicles.

Maybe they'll bring back MiniRigs while they're at it! I bet they could make some excellent SW-esque rigs with all the info & art on the Star Wars galaxy that's accumulated over the last couple decades http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Inigo_Montoya
11-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I believe Han and Luke in SD will come together in the rumored DLX 2-pack assortment.

EeChooTaa
11-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Seems that would be the most likely. I'm still hoping someone can offer up a clue or hint on these two...

*___*
11-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Mr. Curto, I'm dying here...and any other hint, any other info regarding these two would greatly appreciated.

Nonono, I meant to say that we may still see these two figures at some point. They've both been rumored for a few years now. Not trying to tease you....at least not this time. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EeChooTaa
11-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Ahh, well it looks to be a great year anyway and I am dying to tear open these new SAGA figures. Please, please feel free to tease, suggest, hint about Luke and Han Stormtroopers if your exclusive info allows you to.

D. Martin
11-01-2005, 11:01 PM
From what I have seen, these two figures are not on the table right now. Also, I've seen nothing on these fabled Cinema Scene two packs. Time will tell...

Yoda4501
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Im just glad we are getting more VOTC. I hope for 12 more and not just five. Supprised they made anounced Greedo first over a Jawa. Oh well. More VOTC, cant wait.

jedisrus
11-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Im just glad we are getting more VOTC. I hope for 12 more and not just five. Supprised they made anounced Greedo first over a Jawa. Oh well. More VOTC, cant wait.

Same here. But I'm still jazzed about it. It will also be great if the mail in aspect to it is true. I still won't shell out the bucks for a Jorg Sacul so this would be a nice figure to get.

Inigo_Montoya
11-02-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm actually okay with not getting a VOTC Jawa in '06.

They could produce a really great Jawa Chief Datcha w/ soft goods robe, light-up eyes, and all the fixins, to be included in the Basic assortment for the 30th anniversary of ANH in '07.

Michael_Knight
11-02-2005, 03:08 AM
I really hope that the VOTC X-Wing pilot Luke being discussed will end up being the Hoth version. He hasn't been done since 1996, unless you count the kitbashed one that came with the POTJ Snowspeeder. Even then, it's still way outdated.

D. Martin
11-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Don't count on it being the Hoth version. Kenner never made that, so I can't see one in the VOTC line...

Gentleman
11-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Someone asked whether Hasbro would use the ANH VOTC Han mold for the upcoming ROTJ Han. Here's what I'm thinking: The POC Han w/ Carbonite uses the same clothing Han wore on Endor, sans the belt and vest. SO, taking that into account, Hasbro could add a removable black vest and belt (just like the previous VOTC Han's belt is a separate piece) and on top of all this, the cloth coat. I wouldn't use ANH VOTC Han's arms because he wore a shorter shirt back then.

Just some random thoughts.

DSIILuke
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I hope we see a Endor/Jedi Luke in this set of VOTC figures, Im sick of getting cheated out on this figure. TRD one sucked, the Jabba's palace one isnt all that great, and were getting a retool Jedi Luke, which I have a feeling it wont be all that good. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Darth_Tedious
11-02-2005, 12:29 PM
I was really hoping for an VOTC Imperial Navy trooper (labeled "Death Star Commander" of course) but the selection we got is pretty good.

Cant' wait to see the Greedo and Tuskin.

Darth_Tedious
11-02-2005, 12:41 PM

There will probably be re-releases to go with these.

1. Tusken Raider
2. Biker Scout
3. X-Wing Luke
4. Endor Han
5. Greedo

AND

6. Fett
7. Vader
8. Stormie
9. R2
10. Chewbacca

Speculation of course.

EternalJedi
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
There will probably be re-releases to go with these.

6. Fett
7. Vader
8. Stormie
9. R2
10. Chewbacca

Speculation of course.

I really hope so. I was never able to pick up Boba Fett, R2-D2, or Chewbacca, and I only found one Stormtrooper. And Vaders never end up keeping the pegs warm for long.

Huff
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm stoked about the list and I wouldn't be surprised if ESB and possibly POTF figures are named later.

DSIILuke
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm stoked about the list and I wouldn't be surprised if ESB and possibly POTF figures are named later.

I hope we get 4 new VOTC figures under each movie name (ANH,ESB,ROTJ) as well as 4 from POTF. I hope Hasbro knows we love these figures and wish all figures could be done like that.

Id also love to see a sort of "what could have been" with PT figures and OT figures like Tarkin, DS Duel Luke, etc. on vintage cards with SA. Does anyone know of any more news pretaining to the VOTC?

Zombie_F_Body
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
At least 4 per film would suit me. No less than the last line, but they don't have to stop there if they don't want to.

DSIILuke
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
At least 4 per film would suit me. No less than the last line, but they don't have to stop there if they don't want to.

Thats how I see it too. Continue with the way hasbro did it last year, 12 (or 16 including a POTF line) brand new SA figures, and maybe repackaged (on different cards i.e. Luke ANH on a ROTJ card, etc.) older figures.

kirklondon
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Didn't Hasbro say the VOTC were a "one time" thing? So that would rule out re-releases. I hope they stick to that since these are geared towards collectors. Plus, there are plenty on ebay if you missed any of the last VOTC.

DSIILuke
11-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Didn't Hasbro say the VOTC were a "one time" thing? So that would rule out re-releases. I hope they stick to that since these are geared towards collectors. Plus, there are plenty on ebay if you missed any of the last VOTC.

True. Hey, believe me, Ill take all new sculpts any day over rehashes. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yoda4501
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I just hope they release many more than just 5 so my VOTC collection isn't uneven on the wall.

ScoutTrooperSgt
11-03-2005, 04:52 PM
well i will tell you iam probably going to buy atleast 10 scout troopers. This is the figure i have been waiting for for years!! I cant wait to see pics. 2006 is going to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

neplusultra
11-03-2005, 05:31 PM
With all my complaining I do about Hasbro on here...I must admit when they do a good job. If what has been talked about as far as Galactic Heroes, VOTC, and the new Saga waves...this could quite possibly be the COOLEST year for SW toys ever! ( for me at least ) I can hardly wait! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

GNT
11-04-2005, 02:56 AM
I just hope they release many more than just 5 so my VOTC collection isn't uneven on the wall.

I don't like uneven numbers of figures on the wall so Hasbro need to make at least another one http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neal
11-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I don't like uneven numbers of figures on the wall so Hasbro need to make at least another one http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

*cough* OCD *cough*
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DSIILuke
11-04-2005, 11:24 AM

*cough* OCD *cough*
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

WHAT?!?!?!?!

D. Martin
11-04-2005, 11:43 AM
If you were to ban all the Star Wars collectors with OCD from the internet, these forums would be a ghost town...

DSIILuke
11-04-2005, 12:09 PM
If you were to ban all the Star Wars collectors with OCD from the internet, these forums would be a ghost town...

what is OCD? Im soo confused right now... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Toonimator
11-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

DSIILuke
11-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Lol, ooh, yea Id def. be off these boards then...look at my f**kin profile, lol.

Lord_Atmo
11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
well i just hope we see a VOTC Emperor Palpatine with ball jointed elbows. the evolutions one was nice, but he didnt have the "burnt" head. and he doesnt reall have an enraged facial expression unless he's casting sith lightning

Yoda4501
11-05-2005, 12:05 PM
I agree. They need to make this different than the Evo Emperor. Make him with his face similar to the vintage one and the ROTJ final duel. That would be sweet and of course make him SA. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zombie_F_Body
11-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Since I don't really see a need to make the Emperor SA (maybe not stump/statue legs, but just enough for him to sit. Doesn't need the ability to pose in wild action poses) I think something like light up eyes would make this figure really special. Maybe some small LED on the sides of his face that can create that illuminated look that we saw in the film.

D. Martin
11-05-2005, 01:36 PM
For a VOTC Emperor I wouldn't be happy unless it had the mysterious black blob on the side of his head http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's not saying we're getting one.

JediShawn
11-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Dave, sorry to be a bit of a beggar again, but are the chances at all high for VOTC figures from The Empire Strikes Back in 2006? If not, do you know if Hasbro plans to repack any of the figures from the previous VOTC wave?

D. Martin
11-05-2005, 02:36 PM
I'd be speculating here, but it stands to reason that we will see TESB VOTC figures; time will tell. I don't have any info right now about more coming though.

Lord_Atmo
11-05-2005, 02:47 PM
i think the best palpy head so far was the ROTS Emperor Palpatine figure's head. i think if a VOTC palpy came out, hasbro should base his head sculpt off of that figure. the evo palpy was great except for his head and somewhat small hood. the sith lightning was perfect. best out of any other figure that had the lightning

one thing puzzles me as to why if VOTC figures are always SA, then why didnt Ben have bending knees? Yoda i could understand. his size makes it difficult and impractical to give him knees. and why was threepio still mostly a statue? no elbows OR knees.

Sev
11-06-2005, 04:30 PM
My VOTC wishlist:

Bossk- Super Articulation, rifle
IG-88- swivel neck, swivel shoulders, battle droid like elbows, swivel hips, movable feet, rifle
Snowtrooper- Imperial blaster, plastic head cape thing but moved out al little so it can turn his head a little, super articulation
Rebel Hoth Soldier- Super Articulation, rebel blaster rifle, binoculars
Dengar- Super articulation, blaster rifle
4-LOM- Super articulation, blaster rifle
Zuckuss- Super Articulation, blaster rifle

TIE Pilot- Super Articulation, imperial blaster
Rebel Commando- Super articulation, blaster rifle

If they make that stuff, I'm good! ^_^

Zombie_F_Body
11-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I don't think SA was the main defining characteristic of the line. 3PO had more paint apps than the average protocol droid (which costs more). Obi had a lot of soft goods stuff (which costs more). I think Hasbro has some kind of equation in their head. If we don't give them SA then we ought to give them something else to compensate. It's kind of like the logic behind giving the vintage Jawa a soft good coat. They figured the consumers would feel taken to pay full price for half a figure. Heck, just look at all the useless crap the ROTS Yodas came with to justify the price point.

Yoda4501
11-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Very true. Yoda and others have come with a bunch of pointless pack ins that the characters never use.

Kad
11-06-2005, 07:55 PM
That's true of all smaller characters. Except for astromechs.

Gothiczartan
11-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Lando Calrissian - General and pilot from ROTJ (SA, blaster, removable soft goods cape)

Leia Organa - Hoth (SA, blaster)

Han Solo - Bespin (SA, blaster)

Han Solo - Hoth (SA, blaster)

Stan
11-07-2005, 11:44 AM
5 mmmmmmmmm that odd number, maybe will see more!!!! Here's
what I am hoping for!!!!!

Empire Strike Back

Bespin Luke
Rebel Echo Base Commander-vintage-white vest
Rebel Echo Base Soilder-brown vest
Snowtrooper

Just may we will see other to round the wave out!!!!
Like a Jawa for A new Hope!!! Or may Leia Endor or
a Wicket for the Retun of the Jedi Wave.

Time will Tell... remeber this is just pure http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gifFUN http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and spectulation until Hasbro announce it!!!!!

Stan
11-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Sorry about the grammer

DSIILuke
11-07-2005, 01:42 PM
5 mmmmmmmmm that odd number, maybe will see more!!!! Here's
what I am hoping for!!!!!

Empire Strike Back

Bespin Luke
Rebel Echo Base Commander-vintage-white vest
Rebel Echo Base Soilder-brown vest
Snowtrooper

Just may we will see other to round the wave out!!!!
Like a Jawa for A new Hope!!! Or may Leia Endor or
a Wicket for the Retun of the Jedi Wave.

Time will Tell... remeber this is just pure http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gifFUN http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and spectulation until Hasbro announce it!!!!!

Would love to finally see a Luke Jedi in the ROTJ line.

Yoda4501
11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I thought they would have made a Jedi Luke before they made Endor Han. Oh well, maybe we will after they announce more in the future. I doubt they will only make 5. More will come. They have to announce ESB figures to keep this line balanced. Too impatient with these VOTC figures. Wish they were out already.

DSIILuke
11-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I thought they would have made a Jedi Luke before they made Endor Han. Oh well, maybe we will after they announce more in the future. I doubt they will only make 5. More will come. They have to announce ESB figures to keep this line balanced. Too impatient with these VOTC figures. Wish they were out already.

I agree. 5 is a weird number, and no ESB is out of place. 3 ANH figures, NO ESB figures, and 2 ROTJ figures seems really odd. I know hasbro is confusing sometimes, but they would cop out THAT bad on us. This is the one line collectors really live for and love. The articulation,sculpting,paint app, and accessories are top notch. $10 is worth it IMO.

Yoda4501
11-07-2005, 05:39 PM
$10 per figure is well worth what you get and they look great. Lots of people around here complain like crazy over paying that much on one figure even if its tiny Yoda. Id pay more for these things. I will definitely buy 2-3 of each when I see these. This is the only line that I am a completionist for. Hasbro announced these first five and I just hope they anounce at least a total of 3-4 for each OT film. I cant wait to see images of these things.

Khev
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
I've got to imagine there's another seven figures planned that we haven't heard about. Five is just too weird. Imagine what the backs of the cards would look like with only four others to advertise.

Yoda4501
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
That would look strange. Good point.

DSIILuke
11-07-2005, 08:30 PM
I've got to imagine there's another seven figures planned that we haven't heard about. Five is just too weird. Imagine what the backs of the cards would look like with only four others to advertise.

Another point is, do you think more main characters will apear? (i.e. No Hoth Han/Stormtrooper Luke because were getting Endor Han/X-Wing Pilot Luke) I know they could fill the line with other figures (army building troopers for the Rebellion/Empire) but Id much rather see an X-Wing Pilot Luke, Bespin Fatigies Luke, and Jedi Luke (even tho its 3 completly brand new sculpts of Luke) as opposed to a Rebel Cammando, Hoth Commando, and Endor Commando. Hopefully well hear more news before Toy Fair in Feburary, but if not, thats when well hear everything.

Yoda4501
11-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Just hearing they are continuing a line that was supposed to be a one time deal and end at 12 is great. I hope they announce more figures so we can anticipate seeing even more pics of whats comming.

DSIILuke
11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Just hearing they are continuing a line that was supposed to be a one time deal and end at 12 is great. I hope they announce more figures so we can anticipate seeing even more pics of whats comming.

I agree with this statement! Bring on a full 12 hasbro!

JediShawn
11-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I really wouldn't care if Hasbro only came out with seven figures (The other two being a Bespin Luke and Snowtrooper from The Empire Strikes Back), but to make it even, I'd glady take a Death Star (Or Squad, if you will) Commander or a Jawa from A New Hope.

Kneel_Before_Zod
11-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Only 12? Screw that - make EVERY SINGLE VINTAGE FIGURE that hasn't been made into VOTC yet.

Yoda4501
11-08-2005, 01:24 AM
That is what I really hope but I dont think it will happen.

Darth_Anton
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Only 12? Screw that - make EVERY SINGLE VINTAGE FIGURE that hasn't been made into VOTC yet.

Amen.

DSIILuke
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM

Amen.

Ditto http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

LIToyKing
11-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Sorry about the grammer

Don't you mean "grammar"?

DarthVice
11-11-2005, 06:14 AM
can't wait

Kunanuk
11-11-2005, 07:05 AM
My VOTC wishlist:

Bossk- Super Articulation, rifle
IG-88- swivel neck, swivel shoulders, battle droid like elbows, swivel hips, movable feet, rifle
Snowtrooper- Imperial blaster, plastic head cape thing but moved out al little so it can turn his head a little, super articulation
Rebel Hoth Soldier- Super Articulation, rebel blaster rifle, binoculars
Dengar- Super articulation, blaster rifle
4-LOM- Super articulation, blaster rifle
Zuckuss- Super Articulation, blaster rifle

TIE Pilot- Super Articulation, imperial blaster
Rebel Commando- Super articulation, blaster rifle

If they make that stuff, I'm good! ^_^

I dont' need another Dengar, the Saga one stills right. Maybe a re-painted Bossk, but not a new sculpt. IG-88 doesn't need a SA treatment. I agree with the others re-sculpts, we need a Zuckuss and 4-LOM, and specially a SUPERARTICULATED SNOWTROOPER!!!

NS_Stormtrooper
11-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Maybe a re-painted Bossk, but not a new sculpt.

I think Bossk could be improved upon. I'd like to see all new, articulated legs so he can stand straight up like in the movie instead of bent knees like he's "ready-for-action". I also think he'd look great with the seperate flight harness like Hasbro did for Dutch Vander and the upcoming AT-AT Driver. Throw in a better rifle sculpt with strap and we'll be all set. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kunanuk
11-11-2005, 10:34 AM

I think Bossk could be improved upon. I'd like to see all new, articulated legs so he can stand straight up like in the movie instead of bent knees like he's "ready-for-action". I also think he'd look great with the seperate flight harness like Hasbro did for Dutch Vander and the upcoming AT-AT Driver. Throw in a better rifle sculpt with strap and we'll be all set. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I always will defend the re-sculpts if them have superarticulation, better sculpt and paint. But sometimes a new sculpt for an existent figure smashes the choice to see NEW characters in the collection.

DSIILuke
11-11-2005, 10:47 AM

I always will defend the re-sculpts if them have superarticulation, better sculpt and paint. But sometimes a new sculpt for an existent figure smashes the choice to see NEW characters in the collection.

Im 50/50 on that point. Where as some figures (Veers, Vader, Pilot Obi, Evolutions Anakin, etc.) wont need a new sculpt for a long time, or maybe even ever, but other figures for defining characters (Final Duel Luke, Hoth Han, etc.) definately need it, and I dont see it as taking away from new characters at all, I see it as knocking those wants off the "want/wish list"