PDA

View Full Version : Astromech set packaging and distribution?

HeavyArms
10-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Hiya guys, apoplogies if this has been discussedbefore, I did a search and found nuthin.

I was looking at the news today and saw the packaging over at Entertainment Earth for the new astromech sets and then saw the price. I presume this will come down when it gets to stores. What stores will be getting them? Anybody heard any rumours? Anybody know a good page pointing out each of these garbage cans in the movies?

Thanks guys

Jedi_Idej
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I only know of two stores selling these, both online, ee and bigbadtoystore. A little cheaper at bbts with a flat shipping rate of $6.99.

It really irks me that Hasbro chose to release good multi-packs through outlets that, by their nature, guarantees steep prices. Compare the pricing of the astromechs and AOTC clone troopers sets to Target's ROTS clone troopers.

Victor_Von_Doom
10-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi. First off, welcome to Rebelscum! To answer your question though, no retail store will get them; they are solely internet exclusives, and only to Entertainment Earth (they might be at bigbadtoystore.com as well, I don't know for sure).

I'm mad that they cost so much, but hopefully I will be able to get them cheaper down the road.

To find more information on these, check the Astromech Rebel 5 pack threads and the Astromech Imperial 5 pack threads in the Revenge of the Sith section.

Hope you enjoy your stay here on Rebelscum!

Neal
10-19-2005, 09:53 PM
To find more information on these, check the Astromech Rebel 5 pack threads and the Astromech Imperial 5 pack threads in the Revenge of the Sith section.

Actually, I think those threads are in the "Saga Collection" section of the Forum ... which can be found here:

The Saga Collection (http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=saga2006)

Victor_Von_Doom
10-20-2005, 12:27 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Actually, I think those threads are in the "Saga Collection" section of the Forum ... which can be found here:

[/QUOTE]

When I did the search it said something about them being in the ROTS section. Anyway, you get the idea. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CaptainJack
10-20-2005, 02:24 PM
It really irks me that Hasbro chose to release good multi-packs through outlets that, by their nature, guarantees steep prices.

This probably never would have been produced if it weren't an internet exclusive. I agree that the price totally sucks, but is it better than the set never being made?

Jedi_Idej
10-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Astromechs and SA clones have proven very popular sellers. The only reason I can see why these sets would not have been made -- or the figures sold individually -- had they not been internet exclusives is because of Hasbro's short-sightedness. Unlike larger items that become psuedo-exclusives because most retailers pass on them, these were intended for onlines when they could have easily been offered to TRU, Target, and Walmart.

Zodach
10-25-2005, 04:18 PM
I ordered a case of 50 (5 sets of 10) from BBTS months ago and will be splitting the case with 4 other locals. Joel from BBTS e-mailed me today saying that they have completeley revamped their website and all preorders were cancelled, so I had to reorder today. Total comes to $306 with shipping, which equals $61.20 per set or $6.12 per figure. That's pretty darn close to retail, so if you can go in on a case, they will be much cheaper.

CaptainJack
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Astromechs and SA clones have proven very popular sellers.

Hasbro has definately seen this with the clones and have drmatically increased the number of these produced. They are probably still not sold on the droids. The ones that are released do sell well, but they don't release very many. Hasbro has had bad luck with some multi-packs that don't contain any main characters. Even if Hasbro thinks they will sell, it would be very difficult to convice Wal*Mart or another retailer to invest in packs of 5 small droids that the average shopper has never heard of.