PDA

View Full Version : Odds of first 06 wave by end of 05?

JediKnutt
10-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Anyone think we may see the new Saga figs before January?

The_Truth
10-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Nope I don't even think we'll see them until February.

Blight
10-11-2005, 09:06 PM
They'll probablly be out before 06. The Cantina Wave was marked a 05 but started hitting in like Decemberish 04.

echo1441
10-11-2005, 09:24 PM
It happened the last two years so I don't know why this year would be any different.

mister_palpatine
10-11-2005, 09:28 PM
They'll probablly be out before 06. The Cantina Wave was marked a 05 but started hitting in like Decemberish 04.

I never saw the Cantina people until '05, but I found Pablo, Yarua and the rest in November of last year I believe. So I think the Carkoon wave will be out by Christmas time.

10-11-2005, 10:10 PM
The way things are this year, it appears as though new waves hit every month or two.

Judging by that, I'd say I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the new figures in late November/December, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them hit in late December/early January or some time around then.

Zombie_F_Body
10-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Judging by the ROTS Antilles wave just hitting in my area, I figure we'll get the Saga line about the same time next year that we got ROTS this year. I'll be lucky to complete my ROTS collection by the years end!

Yoda4501
10-11-2005, 10:56 PM
ROTS isnt even finished. They haven't released the final figures in the line. 06' for sure.

Victor_Von_Doom
10-11-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm sure that if you wanted them bad enough you could get them in 05. eBay is usually packed full of high priced crap months before they come out.

NCajayon
10-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Based on my experience here in the Philippines, I use entertainment earth as my reference. Items arrive 1-2 months before the release date in e-earth. So if the release date of this wave is Feb 2006, it would probably be released here late December til Mid January.

The earlier, the better. My bleeding wallet is still bleeding. But what the heck, star wars is star wars. Toys are toys. And i love how these two have beautifully combined. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zombie_F_Body
10-11-2005, 11:45 PM
In the long run, I think this will be better (for me anyway). ROTS has taken a lot out of me financially. My poor old Trans Am is sitting in the driveway covered and leaking fluids saying "remember me" everytime I walk by it.

I need to figure a plan of attack for this new line to make acquring it more cost effective. Army building really sidetracked me for ROTS. I'm going to definately have to refrain from army building Stormtroopers and what not this next line.

stylie_steve
10-12-2005, 12:08 AM
First signs of this wave should starting hitting around Xmas but I would say it wount fully hit till Mid January.

I hope to find them as soon as possible, this wave looks great!

sambuca
10-12-2005, 12:34 AM
Captain Solo! The odds of Saga showing up by the end of the year are 3,720 to 1!

brand4D2
10-12-2005, 01:34 AM
Captain Solo! The odds of Saga showing up by the end of the year are 3,720 to 1!

Never tell me the odds! (sorry but someone had to say it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

GNT
10-12-2005, 03:56 AM
Since carded pictures have just shown up it shouldn't be that long till we see the wave in stores. I'd say late december early January. If Hasbro were bright they'd have the figures out just before Christmas so parents and collectors can buy them as gifts etc http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NS_Stormtrooper
10-12-2005, 06:45 AM
I think we'll start getting reports of people finding them in December - I'm sure Hasbro will make an effort to get some to retail before Christmas.

The_Kilted_Fett
10-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I think they'll be out in December, I got the Cantina wave for Christmas last year.

Now I gotta run down to the basement and hide POTF2 Bib, Boushh, & Han and convince my wife "These are all new, honey...pleeeease!?!?!?!?!" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dsl89
10-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I think it'll be around late December. The POTC figures got here as early as November last year. In fact, the only one I got in 2005 was the Amidala, because it was one I oddly couldn't find until January 2nd, http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Toonimator
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
ROTS isnt even finished. They haven't released the final figures in the line. 06' for sure.

Yeah they have. All 12 have turned up at several Targets and Wal-Marts by now.

Darth_Plagus
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
I'd say late December for sure... well i hope its late December http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CaptainJack
10-12-2005, 12:53 PM
I'd imagine that Hasbro would like to have these in stores before Christmas unless they think that they would interfere too much with the ROTS line. They don't want to pull the plug on a line that is still selling strong.

Blight
10-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I think I got my Cantina wave early Decemeber or late November. These will hit in time for X-mas.

Smudger9
10-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I hope not..... my wallet is still struggling to cope with the bombardment of the ROTS line... and I'm no where near complete. I just want a break... sob sob.

JediKnutt
10-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Have to expect a financial hit in a movie year. Next year should be a walk in the park.

NCajayon
10-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I think they'll be out in December, I got the Cantina wave for Christmas last year.

Now I gotta run down to the basement and hide POTF2 Bib, Boushh, & Han and convince my wife "These are all new, honey...pleeeease!?!?!?!?!" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hahahahaha! That's a good one! I've done this many times with my girl!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JediKnutt
10-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Just buy them and sneak them into the house. I just add to the pile, she doesn't know the difference. Although she is beginning to catch on now that all the closets, guest room and my son's room are full. Not to mention my toy room.

mrmforceX
10-12-2005, 09:12 PM
If history repeats itself, then we will definately see these before the end of the year. The first wave of the new year has ALWAYS been found before Toy Fair.
We need a break, but thses figures look too good to wait to long! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blight
10-12-2005, 09:32 PM
After ROTS I suspect we'll see less clones. Then I can take my time with stuff. There's 8 things from ROTS left that I need and only 4 of those are currently out. After that I'm chillin.

CaptainJack
10-13-2005, 11:01 AM
The first wave of the new year has ALWAYS been found before Toy Fair.

Isn't Toy Fair in February?

Joe_B
10-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I hope I'm not alone in not being exited at all about the carkoon wave? I think it looks horrbile, almost just a half-baked effort at a first wave till they can put out the good stuff. Its a shame too, because they could have done a lot of great things with this wave.

Boushh
10-13-2005, 06:32 PM
You don't like the Carkoon wave? I guess there had to be someone who didn't. No offense, of course; I'm surprised though seeing as how there are three really good resculpts in this wave. True, half of it is repacks/retools, but the new sculpts are wonderful! I think this is a great kickoff to the new Saga line. I think Hasbro could have selected a couple of better figures to repack for this wave, but I still think their choices work. I'm expecting some great things from this line and I really do hope to see this wave before 2005 ends.

Joe_B
10-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm hoping it'll look better in person.

Boushh
10-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Well, I can always respect that. I know that there are lots of figures that I really had to see in person before I could make a solid decision about.

tk421_1_2
10-14-2005, 02:54 AM
I hope I'm not alone in not being exited at all about the carkoon wave? I think it looks horrbile, almost just a half-baked effort at a first wave till they can put out the good stuff. Its a shame too, because they could have done a lot of great things with this wave.

So you actually want other Star Wars collectors to not like these toys? Wow, maybe you should be on a Power Rangers site or TMNT - they must put alot of effort into their toys. Putting forth your opinions is one thing but encouraging others to not enjoy these probably defeats the purpose of even coming onto this site and forums.

Joe_B
10-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Well...I don't think I was encouraging others not to like it. If I did it was unintentional, so sorry. I personally don't like it, I am just hoping that I'm not the odd one out here. I think that there are other figures that could have been reworked. I'm happy about Bib and the Bousch figures, a little happy about the Han, but the other 3...they just appeal to me. I really dislike the paint scheme on Boba, Barada I just find boring, and I am honestly not a fan of any Chewie figures, because I don't think they really do him justice, nor can they ever. A hairy character is tough!

CaptainJack
10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm not overly excited about the wave. I'll probably only buy 2 or 3 of them, if that. I'm not really disappointed either. This kind of mix was about what I expected.

Blight
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
I'll probably buy the entire wave with doubles of Fett. The only ones I may pass on are Chewie and Barada. Not impressed with those.

demorathis
10-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I have the bib fortuna and have seen the others already ... though available through someone with contacts, so they are at least being pakaged already, and shipped bvack here -- don't know if it was a packaging sample...I doubt it...I'm sure it is early stock. We'll definitely see these by christmas...
btw the bib fortuna';s arme do end at the bicep - they swivel but it's a great figure nonetheless...

Krull
10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
btw the bib fortuna';s arme do end at the bicep - they swivel but it's a great figure nonetheless...

What do you mean? From the bicep up is sculpted as a part of the torso? No shoulder joints at all...?

CaptainJack
10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Any chance you can post some loose pics, so we can see the articulation?

Blight
10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
And how do you get these?

demorathis
10-14-2005, 01:03 PM

What do you mean? From the bicep up is sculpted as a part of the torso? No shoulder joints at all...?

it is separately molded, but alas it is only a joint AT the bicep -- it's fine though, as the way bib carried himself his elbows always seemed to be close to his body

bluesparrow
10-15-2005, 05:17 AM
I bet we see reports of these hitting in early December, perhaps November even. There's been numerous reports of the final few ROTS figures being found already, and I don't see Hasbro not having any new product except for exclusives for the final two and half months of the year - that'd be nuts.

LordGreco
10-15-2005, 12:49 PM
i think it will be out in time for christmas... and hopefully there will be another line by febuary

Galvatron397
10-15-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm really hoping that it will be out in time for Christmas just because it'll make it that much better. Imagine, December 20th you're walking down an aisle of [insert store name] and you go to the toy aisle, maybe looking for a forlorn 501st trooper when, what? What's that? Is...is that? Next thing you know you're acting out the first part of Jedi'. And maybe your little lost 501st trooper can come too. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif A merry Christmas it would be.

Boushh
10-16-2005, 03:16 AM
That would be a wonderful Christmas. I'll drift off to sleep with that thought in my head so I can have a nice dream about it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Clone_Commander
10-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I belive that they will be available by late December, or else Hasbro will totally miss the holiday season.

JediKnutt
10-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Remember the Sage Eeth Koth, Teebo, Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper? Those were supposed to be out before Christmas that year. I found them in late January, early February. I really think these will be out though. Hasbro would be stupid not to keep us on the hunt until after Christmas.

Windu3390
10-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I would be pretty suprised if Hasbro didnt have the first wave out in time for Xmas.

Luke_Skywalker77
10-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Since the final few ROTS figures are already showing up, I'd be supprised if nobody starts finding these figures by late November.

Todd_F
10-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Anyone think we may see the new Saga figs before January?

Most definitely! C'mon, we are seeing the last waves of ROTS figures hitting retail already and we're just now only into mid-October. My money is on Saga stuff showing up on ebay by the end of November and hitting shelfs at one retail chain by Christmas. Bank on it! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif