PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles and Exclusives in 2006

JediKnutt
10-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I keep hearing there will be no vehicles or exclusives in 2006. Is this true? Anyone else heard this?

lordofthesith
10-09-2005, 06:52 PM
hmm. i dont think any one has a clear veiw of whats to come in 06.
it would be nice if they had vehicles and were all distributed every where and did away with the whole exclusive thing.

*___*
10-09-2005, 07:09 PM

Sure we do. Everything that's known so far has been collected in our The Saga Collection Checklist (http://www.rebelscum.com/CH-TSC.asp)

LIToyKing
10-09-2005, 07:24 PM

Sure we do. Everything that's known so far has been collected in our The Saga Collection Checklist (http://www.rebelscum.com/CH-TSC.asp)

hmmm....the target tie fighter will be an exclusive in 2006 again?

JediKnutt
10-09-2005, 07:49 PM
If that list is accurate, Hasbro is going to be very disappointed in my purchases next year.

Lady_Jaye
10-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I see that the ROTS era is being ignored next year!! I guess they think we have been overwhelmed with this time frame and want to re-visit The Classic Trilogy and Episodes I&II!!

JediKnutt
10-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm actually a little surprised to see there isn't a Luke in that first wave. I figure by 2018 I'll have a couple hundred Luke's and ObiWans and still no Tonnika Sisters.

Lady_Jaye
10-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Was there any ever doubt!! For whatever reason, be it the legal snafu of not getting them to sign off on their likenesses, or they not thinking people would buy the Tonnika sisters, whatever it is, we'll probably never see them.

JediKnutt
10-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I have to admit, in the aspect of licensing, Lucas is really a genius. Or maybe it's just dumb luck. Actually I could use a break from ROTS figs, for a little while. I like all the Clones, but I would rather have movie accurate than just another repaint.

Outkast34
10-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I don't mind a break for ROTS. They will be back and if full force soon enough.

lordofthesith
10-09-2005, 08:56 PM
wow i didnt even realize saga was going to be that big!
my wallet is gonna hurt this year. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

RogueWompRat
10-09-2005, 09:07 PM
V-Wing-dun dun-V-Wing...c'mon, do it Hasbro. All the cool kids are doing it.

Neal
10-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Was there any ever doubt!! For whatever reason, be it the legal snafu of not getting them to sign off on their likenesses, or they not thinking people would buy the Tonnika sisters, whatever it is, we'll probably never see them.

It's been highly rumored that we will finally be getting at least one of the Tonnika Sisters next year (or sometime soon thereafter).

Michael_Knight
10-10-2005, 03:19 AM
It'll be nice to save some cash. So far, nothing beyond the figures interests me next year. I'd rather they take all the plastic from the Unleashed, Galactic Heroes, Force Battlers, Transformers and Choppers and make a Sith Infiltrator, Tantive IV and an AT-TE. Throw in a Cloud Car exclusive too.

GNT
10-10-2005, 03:38 AM
Moved to the saga collection section http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darth_Spiros
10-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Cool, looks like I get to take 2006 off from collecting Star Wars figures. Yay for my wallet!

JediSpyke
10-10-2005, 09:40 AM

Dan,

In the Titanium 3-3/4" group there is listed a couple Battlestar Galactica items. Was this a goof in the listing? Even though it's not SW, I'd love to see those ships given the Titanium treatment!

Spyke

Darth_Huntarr
10-10-2005, 10:15 AM
I hear ya', Spiros! I'll be going after SOME of the basic figs., but NOT all of them - repaints of existing sculpts will be getting the big Cold Shoulder from me!

The Forged Figures sound interesting, but I'll reserve judgment until I see 'em. The rest of it, to quote James Caan in 'Mickey Blue Eyes' - F'get About It!!!

JediKnutt
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Do you think if collectors started snubbing all the repacks Hasbro would get the idea?

CaptainJack
10-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Do you think if collectors started snubbing all the repacks Hasbro would get the idea?

Sort of. This would only really work if the figure had poor sales overall. While the collecting community is formidable, if kids/parents/others keep buying the repacks, there will still be enough of a perceived demand. The other possible problem is that Hasbro will interpret poor sales as low demand for a character rather than for repacks. "This version of Cantina Han sold poorly, let's scrap that SA Endor Han, nobody likes Han Solo anymore" An even worse result is a retailer deciding to drop Star Wars toys all together because a wave of repacks fails. I say if you don't want something, don't buy it, but don't root for things to fail.

Smudger9
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I see that the ROTS era is being ignored next year!! I guess they think we have been overwhelmed with this time frame and want to re-visit The Classic Trilogy and Episodes I&II!!

The battle of coruscant wave is ROTS

JediKnutt
10-10-2005, 01:30 PM
I'd hate to see any of it fail, but there are sooooo many characters they haven't done yet. I'd like to see more of those sprinkled around than just straight repacks. Like the OTC Cantina wave. Those were great and sold pretty well. I mean, I'll buy it all. I don't have a problem if they repack a hard to find character like they did with Madine, or ATST Han, but do we really need another mechanic Chewie? Or Barada? There have been two chances at Barada, do we need a third? How about Holo Sidious, or Sio Bibble? TC14, or EU figures? I say bring em on! But kids are not the major players when it comes to overall sales of this line. Collectors are. I can't count how many times I've overheard a parent tell a child "but you already have Luke (Vader, Obi Wan, Han Solo, clone trooper etc), and they don't get the new one. Didn't mean to rant, just tired of dipping into my savings for more repacks.