PDA

View Full Version : Concerning RS's SA Luke poll:

Inigo_Montoya
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Exactly who thought we needed another for Jabba's palace so soon?

dsl89
10-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Heh, not me. I was amazed to see that Endor Luke isn't winning. Everyone is complaining that we need a new Endor Luke, including me. All they have to do is make an SA Throne Room Luke, throw in a poncho, helmet and saber and there you have it!

Toonimator
10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
I see the point, however: while it's the best to date, the Saga/OTC Jabba's Palace Luke ain't that great. Swivel elbows? Right hand that can't even hold a saber? Articulated knees but with a SOLID skirt preventing leg-movement?

It's not an action figure, it's a "stand there and choke Gamorreans or mouth off to Jabba" figure.

We need a Jabba's Palace Luke (and a DSII Luke, and Endor Luke, and Rebel Victory Luke--which I voted for--and a Bespin Luke) as good as Pilot Obi-Wan.

I actually think they should combine Endor & Palace Luke. Call it a deluxe, I don't care, as long as it has: full saber, saber handle w/ peg, peghole for saber handle on utility belt, simple snap-on sash to cover belt & mimic Jabba's Palace look, soft-goods or soft-plastic poncho w/ belt attached (ala Jedi Force Luke) or sculpted on, Endor helmet, Jedi robe, and a bone to fight the rancor with. Also include black gloved hand, damaged saber-holding hand, and regular hand. I'd pay $9.99 for that. In fact I'd prefer it, to paying $5-6.99 for separate JP and Endor figures with less accessories.

Zombie_F_Body
10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
I thought the Saga/OTC Jabba's Palace Luke was just fine. However, I understand the comments on its possability. Mine just stands in front of Jabba holding a blaster so the articulation is wasted on mine. We definately need a good later half ROJ Luke, though. I wonder if it would be possible to make a definitive ROJ Luke with Endor helmet, poncho and maybe some kind of removable vest? I whole heartidly agree with Toominator on this one!

GamorreanGuard
10-05-2005, 04:41 PM
I would rather see an Endor Luke Skywalker. I think the last one from the SAGA Collection was just perfect. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Darth_Anton
10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, that's a head scratcher. Endor Luke has been past due since his incarnation with the speeder bike.

Toonimator
10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
I would rather see an Endor Luke Skywalker. I think the last one from the SAGA Collection was just perfect. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But those horrible legs! With the (mostly) great ball-joint knees we got in the Post-OTC Cantina Aliens and many of the ROTS figures, Luke's really stick out as "awful". They're flimsy & trapped by that skirt. Plo Koon awful, just without the "sticking" problem.

I've seen folks mention how there's never been an accurate Endor Luke, that he still had his vest on beneath the poncho, and the vest didn't come off until he was preparing to surrender himself. So I'd rather Endor Luke be a byproduct of a better Carkoon/Palace Luke... do it as a Deluxe. Then the "basic" Luke can be Death Star II, with equal variants of lapel-up & lapel-down. It'll have binders, saber, & hilt, far less accessories than the Deluxe, but have identical heads & limbs, just a retooled/sculpted torso.

Hasbro'll never do something like that, unfortunately.

DSIILuke
10-05-2005, 07:08 PM

But those horrible legs! With the (mostly) great ball-joint knees we got in the Post-OTC Cantina Aliens and many of the ROTS figures, Luke's really stick out as "awful". They're flimsy & trapped by that skirt. Plo Koon awful, just without the "sticking" problem.

I've seen folks mention how there's never been an accurate Endor Luke, that he still had his vest on beneath the poncho, and the vest didn't come off until he was preparing to surrender himself. So I'd rather Endor Luke be a byproduct of a better Carkoon/Palace Luke... do it as a Deluxe. Then the "basic" Luke can be Death Star II, with equal variants of lapel-up & lapel-down. It'll have binders, saber, & hilt, far less accessories than the Deluxe, but have identical heads & limbs, just a retooled/sculpted torso.

Hasbro'll never do something like that, unfortunately.

I agree. A Final Duel Luke Figure with Lapel variants would be amazing. Im praying we see this figure in the basic line up (Battle of Endor) but knowing hasbro, we wont.