PDA

View Full Version : Ball and Beach Blvd Collectibles Stores Ratings.

SyphoDiaz
09-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Any one frequent these stores? Ive just started to go to them to see what they have with in the last few weeks.

There are Four of them

Kellys Toy Stop-Nice People. Cool Vintage Selection

Breys or Brys (I Think)-Next to Phat Collectibles, got some vintage and some modern, focus is on older toys from what Ive seen. Found some cool vintage items there last weekend

--On the other side of Little Ceasers is a another store called -Len and Kens or something like that--Cool selection of Old and new

--Phat Collectibles-Bummer there not open on Sundays. Modern Selection is cool. Vintage is not too much.

What is every one elses take on these stores? Deals? No Deals? Frequent/No Frequent? Stay Away all together? Or Cant keep yourself out of them?

CommanderRedd
09-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I LOVE ALL THOSE PLACES!!!!
75% of my collection is form those places. I've been going to those places since I was four! Ahhhhh, the memories. I'd keep the location under your hat...For cetain reasons...*Cough!* Better selection is no one knows about it! *Cough!* But don't eat up all the good deals K! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SyphoDiaz
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Man but my thoughts are the more business traffic they have the more buying selling and trading will take place.

And the larger the inventories become and the Larger the Selection for Guys like us to pick from.

Thats just my 2 cents on letting the cat of the bag on them.

I personally plan on doing some trading and Selling to Kellys.

Any thoughts on who is the fairest and who it would be most beneficial to deal with on the "FOUR CORNERS OF Mos Eisley"? LOL!

BobaFett
10-02-2005, 06:47 PM
They also have a good comic book store there too. Any way yes I like to go often.

Master_Phruby
10-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Here is the reason sculpers take everything at retail. To sell to you guys at these stores. Thanks for making it impossible to find things at retail! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

SyphoDiaz
10-04-2005, 03:12 PM
I guess its Survival of the Fittest in the Collection Game, a cold but harsh reality.

Then there is always the GREED factor, guess thats why collecting retail can turn out to be a profitable business.

CommanderRedd
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Here is the reason sculpers take everything at retail. To sell to you guys at these stores. Thanks for making it impossible to find things at retail! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If it's for a reasonable price/ possibly lower price, than it's fair! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

deepfriedhushpup
10-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Ebay and people that buy 2 or 3 of everything are to blame more often than some crummy toy stores in anaheim, etc. These are toys, they are gonna be worth squat. Either get one and display it mint because it looks really neat or get one and open it, play with it and let your kids play with it, whatever. All these new toys are made in mass amounts and kids just dont care anymore, face it, a stars wars toy is no xbox, playstation or cell phone and that's what they are into. They aren't going to grow up and want to buy toys from a movie they dont even care about or have never seen. The vintage line is worth alot because the movies could have tanked so the toys weren't made in mass quantities. But the new junk is just that and the horders and ebayers are gonna be sitting on tons of worthless hasbro crap in a few years.

Another reason you can't find toys at the store maybe that fact that people hide them everywhere, just like the operating table vader my wife found in the feminine hygene aisle at Walmart Orange. Must feel good to be an adult and hide toys like a 2 year old.

Point is, these stores are a tiny part of why we cant find anything at the retail stores. It's the people that think they are gonna retire on some pile of useless plastic by buying multiple toys and stashing them in a tub in the attic or posting them on ebay that are to blame.

And I am standing by my thoughts on the phat store, hardly ever buy stuff there except for maybe some used loose figures for a buck or two and the bulldog is cool, except when he is passing gas http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SyphoDiaz
10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Ebay and people that buy 2 or 3 of everything are to blame more often than some crummy toy stores in anaheim, etc.
The vintage line is worth alot because the movies could have tanked so the toys weren't made in mass quantities.

But the new junk is just that and the horders and ebayers are gonna be sitting on tons of worthless hasbro crap in a few years.

Point is, these stores are a tiny part of why we cant find anything at the retail stores.

It's the people that think they are gonna retire on some pile of useless plastic by buying multiple toys and stashing them in a tub in the attic or posting them on ebay that are to blame.

[/QUOTE]

My reasons exactly for only collecting Vintage, the newer items are just trade fodder for me, the market has been flooded with them, and I find it amusing to see Hasbro attempting to mimic the Original Early Bird Mail Away Offer and Vintage/Retro Style Packaging on the Trilogy sets today.