PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed

Slambo
09-17-2005, 07:47 PM
There is this website that has an amazing selection of unleashed for 15 dollars each. The problem is that they charge a twenty dollar flat fee for all shipping. I only to purchase one figure from this site, so I'm hoping someone here would like to buy more so we could save on shipping. This site has some very rare unleashed. PM me if you're interested in doing this with me.

EDIT: they also have some ROTS figures for 5.24 , ROTS deluxe for 10, Saga ultra for 10, and the ROTJ DVD 3-pack for 10.
EDIT: People have said that I have misled them about the "amazing selection." I'd consider Boba, Yoda, and Han for 15 a piece to be amazing.

Philip_Marlowe
09-17-2005, 09:07 PM
PM Sent

Slambo
09-17-2005, 09:12 PM
I have gotten quite a few responses, all asking the obvious question of which ones they had. I have been able to find that Yoda, Boba, and Han. I'm not sure what else they may have, but I know for sure they have those three. I want one Yoda, so if somebody else wants all three, they could buy four for 80 shipped and ship one to me for 20.

Slambo
09-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. The site is called www.shoptax.com (http://www.shoptax.com) To get the items you have to search on Froogle "Unleashed store:shoptax.com" I have gotten what I need, so feel free to use this yourself.

Edit: Okay, I have gotten a lot of complaints from people saying this is a scam. Here is the link to the exact froogle search you need to do to find the unleashed ones: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Unleashed+store:shoptax&cat=1273 If you change the parameters from unleashed to "Star Wars," you'll find even more.

Speed_Kat
09-18-2005, 12:21 AM
This is what I get from Froogle when clicking on your link:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Your search - Unleashed store:shoptax - did not match any products in Froogle.
Suggestions:

Try searching all categories & prices on Froogle.
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
You can also try your keywords on Google Web Search.

[/QUOTE]

Slambo
09-18-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't know why it's not working for you. The link worked for me. Here let me give you links to the individual items:
Boba (http://www.shoptax.com/X8738723.html)
Yoda (http://www.shoptax.com/X8738910.html)
Han (http://www.shoptax.com/X8738970.html)

Speed_Kat
09-18-2005, 12:33 AM
The direct links to individual items (the 3 Unleashed you've listed) work. However, I cannot find a way to locate any other Unleashed nor Star Wars figures for that matter.

Once I enter in the search box, either "Unleashed" or "Star Wars" the results show that "Items cannot be found"

Do you have another link showing all of the Unleashed/Star Wars they have?

Thanks

hckyang
09-18-2005, 02:05 AM
has anyone ordered from them before?

Also, seems odd that when you search on the actual website, you don't get the results for any of the star wars figures...furthermore, how come the only they seem to sell is nutritional supplements. Seems odd that you can't search for any of the other star wars related items. Please let us know if you get any of the Unleashed you ordered.

Speed_Kat
09-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I would not order from them.

I have done a search following the links Slambo provided, from two different computers at two different locations and they lead to a dead end. Only the links he offered to Han, Yoda and Boba Fett "seem" to work.

I do not want to accuse Slambo of anything (perhaps he is as confused as we are) BUT, this whole deal looks VERY fishy thus I rather get these items from a more reliable source than this dead end website which actually deals with health products and that when doing a search for Unleashed or Star Wars it brings back no results.

Seize9
09-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Weak.

Speed_Kat
09-18-2005, 03:09 AM
There is this website that has an amazing selection of unleashed for 15 dollars each. The problem is that they charge a twenty dollar flat fee for all shipping .....

Note: The link has suddenly started to work but there are only three Unleashed figures listed. Other than those three, I see no "amazing" selection.

Order at your own risk.

Speed_Kat
09-18-2005, 04:53 AM
For anyone following this thread and thinking whether to order or not from this site, here is some odd contact information I found.

Notice there is a fax number and a phone number listed and a very strange E-mail address.

I would definetely try to get them on the phone and research more about them before placing an order and giving out important financial information. I understand those three figures are very sought after and a lot of us are still missing them but, as the old saying goes, "Better safe than sorry"

Last, nowhere on their site it shows when items get shipped after an order has been placed.

Here is the contact information:

Contact Type Registrant

Organization Name: Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.

First Name: Whois

Last Name: Agent

Address 1: PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1

Address 2: C/O shoptax.com

City: Bellevue

StateProvince: WA

PostalCode: 98007

Phone: +1.4252740657

Fax: +1.4256960234

EmailAddress: pmlbwjbrvh@whoisprivacyprotect.com

Popsy
09-18-2005, 07:24 AM
thanks and your feedback is 100%, the link that you guys are using is the sites fault not slambos.

darthdave1981
09-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Very weak indeed.......

Slambo
09-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Yes, Yes, Pops and PM sent

Slambo
09-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I do not want to accuse Slambo of anything (perhaps he is as confused as we are) BUT, this whole deal looks VERY fishy thus I rather get these items from a more reliable source than this dead end website which actually deals with health products and that when doing a search for Unleashed or Star Wars it brings back no results.

Of course I am as confused as you guys are. Think about it, what's in it for me to scam you guys. I have excellent feedback here and I am not affiliated with this site.

Digital
09-22-2005, 09:46 PM
I tried to order an Unleashed Boba Fett and Yoda from 2 different online stores that I found using froogle. They both listed them as "In Stock". When I placed the orders, I got no response. This was about 2 months ago.

It seems that a lot of online retailers don't stay current with their stock. I really wouldn't get my hopes up about finding a store online that has rare unleashed figures for a bargain. Check the ended auctions on ebay, that's what you can expect to pay for these things.

delta_leader
09-22-2005, 10:23 PM
i'm very inclined to agree, i have done the same for someone through brian's toys and those blanking sob's never update nothing except when it's newer stuff that comes in it really miffed me badly when they wrote to me and told me that oh soo sorry that one isn't in stock but here we'll give you this one for $20.00 more and pay the shipping on it, one word for these guys. what are you people living a cave it's the year 2005 now get with the times and on another note, no one better be slamming on slambo. it's not his fault the site suddenly changed it happens just like on here. things change all the time. so, opions count but not slander got it, fellows ?

Slambo
09-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the support Joe. Yes, a lot of people thought that I was promoting this site or that I was affiliated with it. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would want to split that ridiculous shipping cost with me. It now turns out that it is irrelevant as I believe the store is now out of them. I had been reluctant to do it but would have if someone did it with me.
Also, I have also had some terrible dealings with Brian's Toys. They sent me the wrong stuff, (Star Trek stuff) so I had to relentlessly hassel them to finally reach them and finally they offered to replace my stuff and give me a free shipping credit to make up for returning the stuff to them. On the plus side, I got some awesome MMs.