PDA

View Full Version : BRING BACK THE ACTION FIGURE'S WE WANT

darth_yaddle
09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Are you tired of rehash's are you tired of bad face's,paint job's and spelling errors well i think for the SAGA collection we should get maney charters we might have missed like wuher and maney other charter's that should be re-released and not a rehash i mean all new stuff like a new paint job,more points of Articulation more battle back's no rehash's if you are tired of not getting the action figure's you want then RELEASE YOUR ANGER!!!!!

CHEWIE
09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Hmmm... you complain about Hasbro's spelling, yet look at your own. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have to say that I've been very pleased with the Star Wars line this year, and it's been getting better every year for figures (except for 1999-2000). My only complaint now is some of the exclusives, and lack of large vehicles/playsets.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

darth_yaddle
09-14-2005, 05:00 PM
hahaha i has gotten better at spelling it just i might get a word wrong that i havent spelled in a long time.

Darth_Anton
09-14-2005, 07:07 PM
I have to say that I've been very pleased with the Star Wars line this year, and it's been getting better every year for figures (except for 1999-2000). My only complaint now is some of the exclusives, and lack of large vehicles/playsets.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm right with you there brother, I'm really pleased with the line as well.

Seize9
09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Me 3! http://forum.electroalliance.net/images/smiles/icon_idea.gif

darth_yaddle
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Well don't you want charters who havent been made or updates to old charters i mean come on what about mail away offer's or action figures based on the ewok show and movie http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Philip_Marlowe
09-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Charter-(n)
1. A document issued by a sovereign, legislature, or other authority, creating a public or private corporation, such as a city, college, or bank, and defining its privileges and purposes.
2. A written grant from the sovereign power of a country conferring certain rights and privileges on a person, a corporation, or the people

I agree with the Wook, I'm very pleased with this years offerings.

CommanderRedd
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
I agree with CHEWIE. Except I wish they'd make an EU line.

Yoda4501
09-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I think hasbro has done a great job over all with ROTS. We got some great figures. Although Hasbro used a lot of rehashes in the OTC, they were kind of filler figures for a line to go with the VOTC figures. I didnt mind. This year has been great because they focused on ROTS while putting out the OTC figs. This next year will bring some more great figs for sure. They have to keep them coming because there are no more movies and collectors are the future for the line not the kids.

stylie_steve
09-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Man and I thought my spelling was bad. Thanks Darth_Yaddle for making me feel good!

Well as far as the line goes I am happy enough with it, Hasbro put out a lot of new "charters" all the time and the odd rehash now and then is fine by me as it just saves me some extra cash for another new figure down the road. The Battle Packs are meant to be rehashes though we just got lucky with the Jedi vs Sith pack that Hasbro gave us 3 new sculpts but don't count on that with future Battle Packs.

Despite some blunders (Gree!!!!!) Hasbro have impressed me this year.

Inigo_Montoya
09-15-2005, 03:17 AM
Yes, Yaddle, everyone wants perfectly sculpted and articulated versions of every character, especially where modern sculpts of Vintage figures don't exist, and buff POTF2 figures, as well as repacks of currently one-time rare or exclusive figures, but mostly chances at never before produced characters or character variations.

Patience, my friend.
I expect only greater bar-raising with next year's SAGA2 line.

The facts:
ROTS has been well and good for it's time. But we will soon be returning back to the characters of our beloved OT, but most importantly, for our first time the entire six episode Saga.
10 pts. minimum of articulation are becoming more and more commonplace for humanoid figures, rather than the exception. I see a C-3PO mold aquiring the much desired swivel knees for his first time next year.
Of the first six known figures of SAGA2, not a single one seems at all to be a repack.
The first three we've seen are new sculpts. The rumored "Barada repaint", or I believe newly sculpted or at least kitbashed Kithaba, a not certain repacked Saga Boba Fett (TPOC), and unknown Chewbacca are not a bad start, and if kitbashed are likely to turn out better versions than predecessors.
2006 will begin all non-movie years (not taking into account the surgence of popularity with the two upcoming TV series) and see a noticable lack of action-features, hopefully mostly leaving room for neutrally stanced, and SA figures.

So take heart, SAGA2 will produce many collector favorites.

GNT
09-15-2005, 03:53 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Regardless of what people say Hasbro have done a decent job in recent years - sure we might get reissues here and maybe a few crappy figures there but the line has been inproving in the last 2 years I'm not sure how Hasbro can improve on the superb articulated figures we've been getting. Hasbro needs to go back to the start and go through figures that need to be redone with SA. TSC seems to be doing that - Carbonite Han,Bib and Leia Boussh seem to be huge improvements on the original versions that we got in the POTF line and if they continue down that track we'll have all the characters we ever wanted with SA.

Don't like a reissue? simply don't buy it.

Neal
09-15-2005, 07:48 AM
I have no problems with the ROTS line. Seven of the ten figures in my current "top ten" were released in this line. Sure, the exclusive situation has really sucked ... but the figures we have received are great.

sunshine
09-15-2005, 09:12 AM
I would like to see Hasbro Re-Release these figures in Saga 2:

1) Ephant Mon (Was very hard to find)
2) Oola (Was only available as an Exclusive)
3) Pablo-Jill (Rarely Seen in some areas)
4) Queen Amidala (Rarely Seen in some areas)
5) Feltipern Trevagg (Never seen in some areas)
6) Myo (Never seen in some areas)
7) Dannik Jerriko (Never seen in some areas)
8) Colemon Trebor (Mostly only at Target)
9) Darth Vader "Throne Room" (Mostly only at K-Mart)
10)Wat Tambor (Mostly only at Target)
11)Bail Organa "Alderaan Senator" (Mostly only at Target)
12)Padme Amidala "Lars Homestead" (Mostly only at K-Mart)
13)Ayy Vida (Mostly only seen at Target)
14)Obi-Wan Kenobi "Nightclub Encounter" (Mostly seen at Target)
15)Elan Sleazebaggano (Mostly seen at K-Mart)
16)Ree Yees (Was very Hard to Find)
17)Wuher (Was only and has been only been a Exclusive)
18)R2-D2 w/Holo Leia (Very Rare and hard to find)
19)Admiral Motti (Hard to Find in Some Areas)

Added a few more

CaptainJack
09-15-2005, 09:55 AM
I personally would not object at all to re-releases of certain low-run limited availability figures- even if they are exactly the same. I'd add good Admiral Motti to that list seeing as he was impossible to find (at lease in my area) and eBay prices are absurdly inflated.

Skyhoucker
09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I like the figures they've released. They suit my needs!! I have nothing to complain about!

CJHawk
09-15-2005, 05:59 PM
I would like to see Hasbro Re-Release these figures in Saga 2:

1) Ephant Mon (Was very hard to find)
2) Oola (Was only available as an Exclusive)
3) Pablo-Jill (Rarely Seen in some areas)
4) Queen Amidala (Rarely Seen in some areas)
5) Feltipern Trevagg (Never seen in some areas)
6) Myo (Never seen in some areas)
7) Dannik Jerriko (Never seen in some areas)
8) Colemon Trebor (Mostly only at Target)
9) Darth Vader "Throne Room" (Mostly only at K-Mart)
10)Wat Tambor (Mostly only at Target)
11)Bail Organa "Alderaan Senator" (Mostly only at Target)
12)Padme Amidala "Lars Homestead" (Mostly only at K-Mart)
13)Ayy Vida (Mostly only seen at Target)
14)Obi-Wan Kenobi "Nightclub Encounter" (Mostly seen at Target)
15)Elan Sleazebaggano (Mostly seen at K-Mart)
16)Ree Yees (Was very Hard to Find)
17)Wuher (Was only and has been only been a Exclusive)
18)R2-D2 w/Holo Leia (Very Rare and hard to find)
19)Admiral Motti (Hard to Find in Some Areas)

Added a few more

Ah, the re-release dilemma! One areas rarity was another area's pegwarmer. I have no doubt that you and others had trouble finding the figures listed here, but in my area half the figures you listed were pretty easy to find. Now some like Ephant Mon, Motti and Ree-Yees were very difficult, but the Saga Cantina wave and the Nightclub were a piece of cake to find here. Some of those figures would sell well if released again, but others would probably rot on the shelves in many parts of the country. Its a tough call for Hasbro to figure out which ones really should be shipped again.

BennyDarkness
09-15-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm kinda with both Yaddle and Chewie. I loved the repackages for OTC, but there are some i'd love to see re released.

Episode I:
-Darth Maul (sith lord)
-Obi-Wan Kenobi (jedi knight)
-Qui-Gon Jinn (jedi master)
-Anakin Skywalker (jedi apprentice)
-Queen Amidala (Coruscant)
-Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)
-Royal Starship

POTJ:
-Security Battle Droid
-Anakin Skywalker (Mechanic)
-Mas Amedda
-"Boomer" Battle Droid
-Jet Porkins
-Leia Organa (Cloud City Escape)
-Han Solo (Cloud City)
-Darth Vader (Emperor's wrath)
-Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice)
-FX-7
-Shmi Skywalker
-Deluxe Darth Maul w/ Attack Droid
-Deluxe Bacta Tank w/ Luke Skywalker
-TIE Inceptor
-B-Wing Fighter

SAGA:
-Eeth Koth
-Padme Amidala (Secret Ceremony)
-Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
-Gold Leader (Battle of Yavin)
-SP-4 & JN-66
-Ashla & Jempa
-Yoda & Chian
-Obi-Wan Kenobi (Nightclub)
-Ayy Vida (Night Club)
-Padme Amidala (Lars' Estate)
-Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
-Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
-Stormtrooper Concept
-Ephant Mon
-Coleman Trebor

Clone Wars:
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Anakin Skywalker
-Asajj Ventress
-Clone Trooper
-Jedi Starfighter (not Anakin's)

BennyDarkness
09-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm kinda with both Yaddle and Chewie. I loved the repackages for OTC, but there are some i'd love to see re released.

Episode I:
-Darth Maul (sith lord)
-Obi-Wan Kenobi (jedi knight)
-Qui-Gon Jinn (jedi master)
-Anakin Skywalker (jedi apprentice)
-Queen Amidala (Coruscant)
-Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)
-Royal Starship

POTJ:
-Security Battle Droid
-Anakin Skywalker (Mechanic)
-Mas Amedda
-"Boomer" Battle Droid
-Jet Porkins
-Leia Organa (Cloud City Escape)
-Han Solo (Cloud City)
-Darth Vader (Emperor's wrath)
-Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice)
-FX-7
-Shmi Skywalker
-Deluxe Darth Maul w/ Attack Droid
-Deluxe Bacta Tank w/ Luke Skywalker
-TIE Inceptor
-B-Wing Fighter

SAGA:
-Eeth Koth
-Padme Amidala (Secret Ceremony)
-Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
-Gold Leader (Battle of Yavin)
-SP-4 & JN-66
-Ashla & Jempa
-Yoda & Chian
-Obi-Wan Kenobi (Nightclub)
-Ayy Vida (Night Club)
-Padme Amidala (Lars' Estate)
-Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
-Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
-Stormtrooper Concept
-Ephant Mon
-Coleman Trebor
-Red Leader's X-Wing (PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-Luke Skywalker's X-Wing

Clone Wars:
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Anakin Skywalker
-Asajj Ventress
-Clone Trooper
-Jedi Starfighter (not Anakin's)

darth_yaddle
09-15-2005, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=BenP]

thank you i want to see yaddle
qui gon gin
All cantina charters never made into toy's like brainicac and the rat face
kister
wald
elan mak
fode and beed
a boss nass battle back
includes boss nass
4 rep been
a dex back
dex
Hermione Bagwa
wa-7
male waiter droid

toryn farr
lobot
LE-BO2D9
dash rendar
ig lancer droid
te-m4
bollux
blue max
l8-l9
guri
dark trooper
black hole troper
rad trooper
Storm commandos
Spacetrooper
sea trooper
Coruscant Guards
nym
Rhys Dallow
vana sage
jenkins
watto
c3po in wheel chair these are some of the action figure's i think that should be made.

darkpowers
09-15-2005, 08:34 PM
when i is furst startin collecktin star wors charters i is on crack cokane. but afters a while i is startin to stops it and i goes back to skool so i can learned how to read cuz i dont no the names. now ten yars latur i ams a wurkin membah uv soosiehty and i kins reed the names of the charters on the boxies. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

darth_yaddle
09-15-2005, 08:52 PM
when i is furst startin beging gay star wors charters were on crack cokane. but afters a while i startin to stops it and i goes back to my box so i can learned how to read cuz i dont no that iam gay . now ten yars latur i ams a wurkin membah uv drug dealing and i kins reed the names of the charters on the boxies. :

well you sir are an [censored] http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i got allmost all those names right dumdass.

Seize9
09-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I say keep the rehashing to as least as possible, and instead focus more on producing new figures and/or updated sculpts of figures we need.

Most of the figures on those lists can still be found not that expensive, including some pretty rare ones such as Epahant Mon; Here is a link for one I just looked up: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ephant-Mon-Fans-Choice-figure-Unleashed-MOC_W0QQitemZ5998594346QQcategoryZ50266QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem 4,99$ 0 bids 2 hours left.

Oola again? http://cgi.ebay.com/POTF-EXCLUSIVE-OOLA-SALACIOUS-CRUMB-MIB-MOC_W0QQitemZ5999948885QQcategoryZ50266QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You get my drift? stuff is out there just gotta look for it.

The only figures I guess I wouldn't really mind seeing again (not cause I need them, but because many people do still want them), would be the Ree-yees, Concept Stormtrooper, and the last wave of the POTF (holo Leia wave), those proved to be more rare. I guess I might as well the throw R2-B1 wave as well, oh and the Queen's Royal Starship I wouldn't mind seeing that either, that one I still need. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

darth_yaddle
09-15-2005, 09:00 PM
WELL how about the galoob series remeber that they had all the greats..... it was like yesterday i brought all most all of the mini vechele sets ... http://www.rebelscum.com/galoob.asp they began tranformer's.

darkpowers
09-15-2005, 09:06 PM
hey don't bag on me dude. your the one with " maney charters". don't get mad at me cause i mad fun of your post, it's not that serious. hey real mature what you did with my post by the way. feel better now? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

darth_yaddle
09-15-2005, 09:10 PM
hahahah all in a days jokes.

Neal
09-15-2005, 09:35 PM
hahahah all in a days jokes.

Neither of which were funny.

Dan_Cziraky
09-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I openly weep at the butchering of the English language on this thread. It's like watching Jason Voorhees taking a machete to the dictionary! Obviously, there are some people that need to spend far less time worrying about what action figures Hasbro does or does not produce, and far more time with a good remedial English textbook. America was once the most literate nation in the world. I doubt we can make the same claim today. No Child Left Behind, indeed.

craggy
09-16-2005, 04:08 AM
I openly weep at the butchering of the English language on this thread. It's like watching Jason Voorhees taking a machete to the dictionary! Obviously, there are some people that need to spend far less time worrying about what action figures Hasbro does or does not produce, and far more time with a good remedial English textbook. America was once the most literate nation in the world.

<arrogant Brit> What you mean when it was all still people we'd sent over? </arrogant Brit> Yep, theres been a few threads now that I've wanted to reply in, but was scared to reply to a post that was barely in english. Not naming names, mainly as I don't remember, but really, I post here to discuss things, and share opinions with people mostly, and it's hard to do that when you can't understand people and/or make yourself understood.

darth_yaddle
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
still bring them back i like to see a strom commodo.

CaptainJack
09-16-2005, 08:59 AM
We would all like to see a strom commodo... if only we knew what it was.

09-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Obviously, what he means to say is that he'd like to see a Stormtrooper in a kimono. To each his own. Personally, I would much rather see Zam Wesell or Shaak Ti in a kimono.

Seriously, though, let's make a stronger effort to be understood by each other.

It sounds as though some collectors would like to see every figure they don't have re-released. Imagine how silly it would be if every film you hadn't seen this year was re-released next year. What about those of us who have seen all of those films? It's absurd.

I would actually like it quite a bit if the Saga Collection re-sculpted many of the OT characters from POTF2 in VOTC-style detail. I wouldn't mind replacing my entire POTF2 collection, actually, but I'd like the same characters in my collection. It would be a waste of our time as collectors to have nothing released in 2006 but re-packaged, left-over figures. Seriously.

CaptainJack
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Obviously every figure should not be re-released. I would only want to see figures that for one reason or another had short runs, and for which there is high demand. Exclusives should definitely not be re-released. New sculpts of some of these hard to find characters would be even better, but that seems far less likely.

09-16-2005, 11:01 AM
I suppose exclusives should stay exclusives, but I wouldn't mind a resculpt of Oola. The original isn't bad at all, but it would be nice to have a more consistant level of quality. What I'm hoping for in the Saga Collection is OTC or VOTC quality sculpts. No action features, no needless accessories, just film-accurate sculpts and nice paint applications.

And maybe some kimonos. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darth_Broem
09-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I do not really want resculpts of every figure either. Although I bet if they were to actually do it I'd be tempted to buy them. Ha-ha!

I do hope we get several figs that have not been made before like the Tonnika Sisters, Hem Dazon, Yarna to name a few. Undoubtedly we will get resculpts as well of the main characters I think. I would take a resculpted Han and Luke in stormtrooper disguises with SA articulation hopefully.

For the love of God or whatever deity you believe in make a resculpt of R5-D4. It's just wrong that we live in a world with only the vintage and extreme weapon R5-D4s http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-16-2005, 11:35 AM
It's just wrong that we live in a world with only the vintage and extreme weapon R5-D4s http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is R5-D4 including in the Entertainment Earth Droid exclusive? I saw those online, and they looked amazing, but I forget the line-up.

Seize9
09-16-2005, 11:40 AM
No, it it's not. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

darth_yaddle
09-16-2005, 12:06 PM
No i meant storm commodo a cool strorm trooper but he is diffent i will get the link http://starwars.com/databank/organization/stormcommandos/eu.html .

09-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Storm Commando, an EU character design. It looks like a hybrid of a Stormtrooper and a Biker Scout, with all black armor.

darth_yaddle
09-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah it's mad cool.

Dan_Cziraky
09-16-2005, 08:57 PM
still bring them back i like to see a strom commodo.

Strom Commodo? Is that any relation to Senator Strom Thurmond? Or is it somehow related to the komodo dragon, a large monitor lizard (Varanus komodoensis) native to Indonesia?

09-16-2005, 09:02 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Brilliant!

I was hoping my kimono joke would have gotten a few laughs...Too subtle?

Dan_Cziraky
09-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I was hoping my kimono joke would have gotten a few laughs...Too subtle?

Oh, that was a joke? Sorry, but between things like strom commodo and other butcherings of the language in this thread, I wasn't certain if you were serious or not! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Meanwhile, how difficult would it be to customize yourself a strom-- I mean, a Storm Commando? C'mon ...

http://starwars.com/databank/organization/stormcommandos/img/eu_bg.jpg

We're talking a Biker Scout figure and a bottle of non-glossy black acrylic paint!

craggy
09-17-2005, 01:52 PM
In the style of this thread:

"yis u an rhinking off marking on off theses toopers wirh my bintage sout pooper"

Well, maybe not, but it's an ok design. I'd buy an SA one with removable helmet.

darth_yaddle
09-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Well how about a radtrooper http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/radtroopers/eu.html or the seatrooper http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/seatroopers/eu.html these are cool.

darth_yaddle
09-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Well how about a radtrooper http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/radtroopers/eu.html or the seatrooper http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/seatroopers/eu.html these are cool.

CaptainJack
09-17-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm not overly impressed with those trooper variations. If one were released as part of an EU line, and it looked good, I might pick it up, but there are a lot of other figures I'd want to see made before they start digging into those troopers.

darth_yaddle
09-17-2005, 03:34 PM
True maney eu charters and other action figure's should be re-released like wuher,elphant mon a new jabba and much more.

darkpowers
09-17-2005, 04:40 PM
i'm holding out for spellcheck trooper. he would come with a bandolier of red pens and a metal ruler for smacking your knuckles. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kad
09-17-2005, 06:49 PM
True maney eu charters and other action figure's should be re-released like wuher,elphant mon a new jabba and much more.

Elphant mon will never be released. Sorry.

darth_yaddle
09-17-2005, 07:02 PM
yes he will liar.

craggy
09-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Yu wurk far Habsro nuw du yu?

darth_yaddle
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
hahahaha very funny.

darth_yaddle
09-17-2005, 11:07 PM
I have new action figure ideas
here are some vehicles
repulic vehicle dropship
wookie daul missle turrent
repulic eweb
wookie quad turrent
trandoshan mmlt
crab droid
felucia ground beetle
tri-droid
republic carrier
swamp speeder
at-ot
ragb
chameleon droid
Corporate Alliance tank droid
seismic tank
manta droid subfighter
Techno Union star fighter
octuptarra droid
emergency firespeeder
saber-class fighter tank
maru
at-xt assault walker
mac

the charters
grapple droid
air battle droid
niemoidian brute guard
cin drallig
serra
jedi brute
jedi sniper
commander cody
clone heavy gunner
clone blaze troop
blue max
clone scuba trooper
Coruscant fire fighter
cydon prax
bera kazan
ulic qel-droma
montross
komari vosa
jaster mereel
rozatta
meeko ghintee
coruscant mercenary
mainenace droid
murleen
admiral sarn
rookie 1
captain merrick
admiral krane
ensign till
commander jenn
commander kirby
ina rece
darnell reggs
Ashka Boda
Vodo-Siosk Bass
Kam Solusar
darth bane
Dominus
Exar Kun
Revan
Daakman Barrek
Echuu Shen-Jon
Dylki Maloc
K'Kruhk
Sifo-Dyas
Tan Yuster
Tyvokka
Miko Reglia
Zekk
well that is all i can think of untill next time see you.

Dan_Cziraky
09-18-2005, 12:41 AM

The Radtroopers aren't too far off from what we've already seen in ROTS.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/radtroopers/img/eu_bg.jpg

We already had Seatroopers in Clone Wars Volume I, so I think this might be something set closer to the OT timeline. Again, an easy customization of a Scout Trooper.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/seatroopers/img/eu_bg.jpg

09-18-2005, 03:41 AM
If Hasbro goes through the Star Wars Data Bank in alphabetical order and releases one of every EU character, I will most certainly be annoyed. Fortunately, the long list posted above features many concepts Hasbro would never touch...Blue Max? No, thank you. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cropduster1138
09-18-2005, 02:12 PM
i'm holding out for spellcheck trooper. he would come with a bandolier of red pens and a metal ruler for smacking your knuckles. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I want it in a two pack beating the crap out of "elphant mon". http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif... I would like to see a new Thrawn, Xizor, Mara Jade and Dash Rendar as far as EU goes. I think if you get too far into EU, you lose the casual customer.

I'm actually crossing my fingers for some new vehicles. I would like see a V-wing and TIE Defender......alas hope is all I have for these http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

craggy
09-18-2005, 02:45 PM
major characters are good for eu (from books, games, comics whatever) as well as EU variations on existing characters (I'm thinking specifically of army builders here-clones, droids, wookies, gungans) but I agree going too deep/straying too far from the main stories is dangerous.

Darth_Tedious
09-18-2005, 03:22 PM
If Hasbro goes through the Star Wars Data Bank in alphabetical order and releases one of every EU character, I will most certainly be annoyed. Fortunately, the long list posted above features many concepts Hasbro would never touch...Blue Max? No, thank you. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Agreed. There are so many characters left to make in the regular saga before Hasbro has to resort to too much EU. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

darth_yaddle
09-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Well i want cydon prax and blue max also doc is cool but i realy want a sky trooper.

09-18-2005, 05:00 PM
That seems to be the reason some collectors get into customizing. They can create whatever Star Wars-related characters they want.

There are quite a few EU concepts from the late 1980s and early 1990s that were just not that interesting to me. I do like sculpts based on concept art, like POTJ Darth Maul Sith Apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Training Gear, Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Training Gear, and the SAGA McQuarrie Stormtrooper.

I've been impressed with the character designs from the Clone Wars, and it ties in so well to the films, that I prefer these EU concepts to a lot of the comics-only troop variations or boring-looking humanoids.

darth_yaddle
09-18-2005, 05:43 PM
What were the old eu from 1980-1990 concepts do you guys have pictures.

darkpowers
09-19-2005, 02:20 PM
they already released wuher twice so i don't think thats gonna happen anytime soon. also there are several jabbas so not likely anytime soon either.

09-19-2005, 02:51 PM
That's true. Wuher was released as an exclusive in 2000, and was re-released, with a different arm and a slightly different paint job, in 2004 as a part of an OTC Screen Scene. I'm not sure if there's any need for another Jabba the Hut either. What was wrong with the Saga Ultra figure? It was one of the best Jabba sculpts, and it wasn't particularly rare.

Neal
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
It was one of the best Jabba sculpts, and it wasn't particularly rare.

No, they weren't. Not rare at all. Some local KB's are still trying to clearance these out.

darkpowers
09-19-2005, 03:14 PM
hey if they make the TIE defender i will have to demand a clawcraft. and if they make the v-wing they need to make the v-19 torrent. a new mara figure would be nice, but i think the old thrawn figure was great as it was except that he never draped a ysalimiri across his shoulders. he needs the nutrient harness.

darth_yaddle
09-19-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah but i want more then jabbas and wuher you did read my list right.

09-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, I read your list. I read every post in the thread. Your list contains 23 vehicles and 49 characters.

Wouldn't you rather have a small number of really great figures, than a huge number of so-so figures?
Or at least, wouldn't you like to see some film characters that haven't been done, before all the EU characters?

Just curious...

darth_yaddle
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah but the tv show's might not come out for at least 5 years or so because i want to see lots of stuff brought back and charterts also.

09-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Fair enough. What about the rest of the ROTS figures that haven't come out yet? They look pretty good...

darth_yaddle
09-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Oh you no hasbro is lazy any way who do you want from rots to come out??

darth_yaddle
09-19-2005, 05:05 PM
oh the Senators like
Nee Alavar
Giddean Danu
Malé-Dee
Jobal Naberrie and the rest of the naberries
fang zar
Ister Paddie
Chi Eekway
terr taneel
tannon praji
Janu Godalhi
Rango "Tank Head" Tel
Magaloof

I would want to see some these from rots to.

09-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Wow. Some of the Clone Commanders...Two of those are on the way (Bly and Gree). I like how the Separatists (Cat Miin and Passel Argente) look, even if they are just repaints of Saga Screen Scenes figures. If you mean which characters from the film I would like to see in the Saga Collection, there are quite a few...There's only been one Padme, for example, and she was a bit boring.

darth_yaddle
09-19-2005, 06:30 PM

darth_yaddle
[QUOTE=darth_yaddle]

darth_yaddle

well dose anyone. http://www.supershadows.com/starwars/pictures/1/ranch1.jpg

09-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Darth Yaddle. Have any moderators asked you yet not to post two or three of the exact comments in a row? They will after a while, but I thought I would just let you know now, that it crowds the thread with unnecessary posts, and uses more bandwidth than it should. There are quite a few members here, and some of us are in different cities and countries, which means some of us are in different time zones. Because it's not "live", you may not get an answer from anybody for a while. All you have to do is check the thread to see if anybody made any new posts.

Just a bit of advice. You certainly don't have to take my advice, but maybe it will help you.

As for the EU designs I mentioned, I think I was remembering Star Wars Tales, whenever that was published. I didn't really care for it, and some of the EU ideas in it were just uninteresting to me.

EDIT: What in the world is that image?

Neal
09-19-2005, 06:55 PM
EDIT: What in the world is that image?

It looks like Skywalker Ranch decorated with Christmas lights.

09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
It looks like Skywalker Ranch decorated with Christmas lights.

Bloody hell...Are you serious?

I mean, it's kind of funny either way, because some one has too much sugar in their diet, but there's something eerie about it too...

Lovely lights though.

Am I serious?

darth_yaddle
09-19-2005, 07:28 PM
I'am sorry for the triple posting my pc got slow and then when i clicked once it did not load then one more time and then it came out to 3 post sorry.
http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B0007WG3UM.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dan_Cziraky
09-19-2005, 10:50 PM

I think he was referring to the unproduced post-Return of the Jedi toy line from 1985. These were written up on the site The Star Wars Collectors Archive (http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/85LineExt/index.html) awhile back. Then, there was the Marvel Comics Star Wars monthly comics, which generated some cool characters, like Lady Lumiya, as well as some bizarre ones, like Jaxxon. Frankly, I think any EU characters we see in the toy line in the immediate future are going to come from more recent sources, like PC games and graphic novels.

09-20-2005, 10:16 AM
sorry for the triple posting

It doesn't really hurt anybody, it's just a little annoying. I hope I didn't insult you, I just don't understand what's going on.

So...Why did you post an image of General Greivous?

EDIT: Dan Cziraky explained exactly what I was thinking of. I can't believe Jaxxon was ever approved by Lucas. But seriously, if the Saga Collection includes EU characters, they will probably be Clone Wars-releated, or KOTOR-related, and not as obscure as some of the characters listed earlier.

darth_yaddle
09-20-2005, 12:11 PM
I was testing a image.

09-20-2005, 12:24 PM
I was testing a image.

Did you know that there's a "Test Area" in the "Community and Miscellaneous" area?

This link should take you to the test area (http://threads.rebelscum.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB37)

Just call me Mr. Wizard.

darth_yaddle
09-20-2005, 02:03 PM
I new but i like to here your reaction better.

Spiff
09-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Reaction to what? Whether the picture worked, or how irrelevant it is to the discussion?

darth_yaddle
09-20-2005, 02:37 PM
how irrelevant thats why. i guess

09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
You started the thread, Darth Yaddle, so you can do what you like. I'm just sharing some information that might be useful to you.

Unless you want a moderator to come along and lock your thread...I can go either way.

darth_yaddle
09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
No i just posted a picture thats all.

09-20-2005, 03:44 PM
You started the thread, Darth Yaddle, so you can do what you like.

I never thought I would quote myself...

darth_yaddle
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Well fine how about a cydon prax as metioned earler. http://www.wizards.com/global/iamges/starwars_article_sw20031211prax_pic1_en.jpg http://www.wizards.com/global/images/starwars_article_sw20031211prax_pic1_en.jpg

CaptainJack
09-21-2005, 07:37 AM
That would probably make a decent looking figure, but I don't imaine that it is at the top of everyone's wish list.

09-21-2005, 10:05 AM
That's a very cool character design, but I've never heard of Cydon Prax until just now.
Sorry, I haven't read every single entry in the Star Wars databank...

There are still characters from the films that have never been done, and those are what I'm hoping for in the Saga Collection.

darth_yaddle
09-21-2005, 10:48 AM
He is in star wars clone wars the game for the ps2 and xbox ect.after jango died he took his place.

09-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Allright...Thanks!

Spiff
09-21-2005, 12:21 PM
I thought Durge took Jango's place?

09-21-2005, 12:31 PM

Wait a minute! In a way, Durge did take Jango's place...In the Clone Wars stories that I know about at least.

darth_yaddle
09-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Wait a minute! In a way, Durge did take Jango's place...In the Clone Wars stories that I know about at least.

Well cydon prax was broght in 1st http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/explore/timeline/7.html and then durge http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/explore/timeline/22.html but they have one thing in common anakin killed them.cydon and durge were no macth for anne.

Slambo
09-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Didn't Obi kill Durge, but this is off-topic. More appropiate to EU or Prequels film section.

darth_yaddle
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
No obi defeated him anakin tracked him down and killed him.

craggy
09-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Slambo you're new here (I'm hardly an old timer, but have spent far too much time here since joining) so you won't be familiar with how off-topic some threads go. We can often come back around to the proper theme of the thread though. It's just sometimes a long ride. As for Durge, all I know is from the CW DVD. But he survived that and went into comics.
I like that design yaddle, but he looks a bit like a droid. Maybe if he was a bit more scuffed up, and with extra crap on him he's look more BH-ish to me. Still, there are designs I like less that have been made.

darth_yaddle
09-21-2005, 06:59 PM
who durge or cydon prax.

craggy
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
orion pax...i mean, cydron prax. we already have a decent Durge figure.

darth_yaddle
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah i have only been waiting since 2003 for a cidon prax figure i mean i like his ship that is very cool but cidon allmost killed ankain but he only knocked him out so dooku had 3 body gaurds who all have a good back story but they end up dieing any way 1st jango gets his head cut off 2nd ankanin destorys cidon prax's ship cidon dies 3rd durge is killled by anakin because durge hurt obi wan.

Slambo
09-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Slambo you're new here (I'm hardly an old timer, but have spent far too much time here since joining) so you won't be familiar with how off-topic some threads go. We can often come back around to the proper theme of the thread though.

Listen, junior (you are four days my junior http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif), now don't go accusing me of things that are true. Yes, yes, I'm knew to this thread, but not to the forums. I spend most of my time in the collector's guild, which is why I joined, and I only occasionally take a look at the threads here (well, actually you've seen my vehicle discussions, but that's an exception). In the Guild, we talk about one thing and one thing only: deals. That was the same standard I applied to this discussion, so I trust your judgement far above mine as to what may or not be appropiate here. Now, talk about going off-topic.

Spiff
09-22-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah i have only been waiting since 2003 for a cidon prax figure i mean i like his ship that is very cool but cidon allmost killed ankain but he only knocked him out so dooku had 3 body gaurds who all have a good back story but they end up dieing any way 1st jango gets his head cut off 2nd ankanin destorys cidon prax's ship cidon dies 3rd durge is killled by anakin because durge hurt obi wan.

If it wasn't such a run-on sentence, i might understand that....

darth_yaddle
09-22-2005, 11:01 AM
the toys i want to see made
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/starwars_article_sw20031211prax_pic1_en.jpg
he was seen in the cantina
he was new chewie

http://obelix.fisica.unlp.edu.ar/pisani/pablo.jpg

http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/bounty-hunter/wallpapers/bounty-hunter_vosa_1600x1200.jpg

and http://www.yodajeff.com/multimedia/images/pictures/0002/c/000257.jpg

http://gwiezdne- wojny.pl/grafika/2003/lip/fb_190703.jpg
i want to see these made. http://www.yodajeff.com/multimedia/images/pictures/0002/c/000257.jpg

Inigo_Montoya
09-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Sad thing is, we all know some would want a fig of that guy with the bowl if he had been in the movies. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I liked that Darkside adept when she became Asajj Ventress.

craggy
09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
d'oh, thats what I get from not paying attention to reg'd dates. Oh well, I've not seen you about in the same threads as me too much, so please don't hate me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I wasn't saying it was right to go totally off topic likewe usually end up doing, just that it's rarely stopped by mods. I think they kind of ignore harmless fools like me http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
and to keep us ON topic-I'd buy an EU battle pack with Vader, an Imperial Officer (Pelleon? from Thrawn trilogy) and a 3 strong squad of Noghri.

darth_yaddle
09-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Yes the guy with the bowl is cool.

craggy
09-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Is that really a bowl? Or is he about to smoke a bowl?

darth_yaddle
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Maybe he is going to smoke i dont no.

Inigo_Montoya
09-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes the guy with the bowl is cool.

No, he really isn't. But some would think so if he was in Mos Espa, the Outlander Club, or one of ROTS's rebel senators.

darth_yaddle
09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
I still think he is cool.

darth_yaddle
09-22-2005, 08:53 PM
OH come on some post here now please.

darkpowers
09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
i would buy a noghri in a heartbeat. and a dathomir witch. and master thon.

darkpowers
09-22-2005, 09:05 PM
i have never seen the old guy or the robot guy in the movies.....

darth_yaddle
09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
ciydon prax is in the clone wars game.i have all of these

http://www.kathysfastfoodtoys.com/images/AAA_00_StarWarsPez.jpg

Dan_Cziraky
09-24-2005, 12:09 AM
WTF does a PEZ dispenser collection have to do with Saga Collection toys? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

darth_yaddle
09-24-2005, 09:41 AM
No i just wish there were more pez dispenser for the saga collection.

Spiff
10-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Some people like to hear themselves talk. Others like to show themselves their Pez collection. I don't pretend to understand it....

Inigo_Montoya
10-03-2005, 03:48 PM
It's not his personal photo.

Seize9
10-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Please...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc11.jpg

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif