PDA

View Full Version : Target Scanners

DMESS
09-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Has anyone else noticed the Target Scanners are either broken or disabled at a lot of stores? This seems to be a recent trend. I've got to beleive it was done on purpose as a result of us collectors checking them and asking to get stuff from the back. How does disabling these help employees though? If it said nothing was in stock, no one would get bothered. Now they have to check. I had a very nice stocker actually look up stuff for me yesterday and ran around like crazy trying to help. If the dang scanner just worked, I wouldn't have wasted his time.

Skullface
09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
One thing to double check is if the scanner isn't working, there's usually a little cubby-hole off to the side where various supplies are stored for clean-ups. (Paper towels, dustpans, etc....) There's an outlet in the cubby that the scanner plugs into. A lot of times team members will unplug the scanners so they don't work, forcing people to either have to hunt someone down to check stock for them, or just give up & forget about it. The scanners are REQUIRED to be plugged in at all times, so if you notice one that isn't, let the manager know so he/she can find out who's unplugging them.....

edmm119
09-07-2005, 07:52 PM
don't get paranoid. theyre just poorly made and even more poorly taken care of.

bucarooo
09-08-2005, 01:56 PM
DMESS
Target has disabled all scanners nationwide for toy DPCI's.
You have to scan a barcode to get any type of stock information. If you punch in the DPCI for toothpaste, you will get the info. I have tried scanners in MI, IL, WI and have friends on the east and west coast that have tried to get toy info using DPCI's and get the same message ---- "item not found". I have a friend who got into the Target corporate system and emailed all the execs about the BS " collectible" policy and I myself have filed 3 complaints about the rude treatment and string of lies spewed forth about "collectibles". Corporate is sick and tired of all the toy collector complaints and just said "f" it. Give it up ---- TARGET SUCKS!

Seraphim
09-08-2005, 02:13 PM
The Target near me will still display DPCI info for toys.

G_A_Thrawn
09-08-2005, 05:41 PM
My local Targets have price scanners that show toys too.
Some stores do have a big problem with collectors, but that is the first I've heard of the DPCI's not working for toys.

bucarooo
09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
I've been to 8 Targets with the keypads for punching in #'s..... I've entered DPCI's for SW, McFarlane,etc and the all come up item not found. If you take the barcode/price tag off the peg hanger and scan that, it will display the info on location/ back room stock, etc.

edmm119
09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
believe what you want, but the machines just suck.

TR1ER
09-23-2005, 06:50 PM
The one's at my local Targets work.

Seraphim
09-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I have noticed some stores only do it to the scanner actually in Toys. Other ones sometimes work.

MARTI
09-23-2005, 08:49 PM
My buddy, who is also on these boards, says that the DPCI's for the toy department has been disabled on the scanners in the suburbs around him. This is not the case in Indiana. I was at my local Target the other day and they did work on one of the scanners. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bucarooo
09-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Now some of the scanners read N/A when you scan a toy barcode. Other stores have just plain stopped entering toy inventory into the scanners ..... Batavia Target showed 0 evos in stock and they had 7 clone evos on Friday at opening.......

capernicus
09-28-2005, 01:03 PM
That's probably one of the main reasons I have hard luck in finding some of the more rare and exclusive items. I never ask anyone to check the stock. I don't know how to ask, and don't wanna come across as rude or some nerdboy...