PDA

View Full Version : lightsaber cutaway - ALL BUYERS SEE LAST POST

Pages : [1] 2

Hecubus114
08-23-2005, 11:15 PM
I figured this was enough to start a new thread with.

Ok, I've had several people PM saying that they would be interested in a cutaway lightsaber like the one I recently made. I now have the money to make more of these - but, obviously, they are only worth making if people seriously want them. So I need to know from you guys who are serious - how much you'd be willing to spend on something like this. Parts for 1 comes to about $400, HOWEVER, if I make at least 10, then that price drops at least $50 per saber (ala parks bulk order discount). But even if they arent worth that much to you, tell me what it IS worth to you, and maybe I can use my inventivness to reduce the cost further. And then theres the issue of how long it takes to make these - it obviously isnt worth it unless I'm somewhat compensated for my time. I'm not going to get into display cases, I figure it will be worth waiting for Philip's MR style ones. Anyway, let me know what you guys think about this, its hard to know who really would want something like this, so let me know what you guys think.

-Matt

TK421mv7
08-23-2005, 11:23 PM
If I remember the pics of your previous project, it was VERY well done. Would you mind putting up some more pics in this thread?

I'd like to know a little more about the materials used. A real Graflex by chance? Would it help defray costs if I sent you one of my own? I'm definitely interested in this and I'd love to hear more about it. I'm sure it's very labor intensive and while I think I'd balk at $400, $350 sounds more reasonable. Hopefully there will be enough interest. And, again, maybe the cost of materials coud be offset by sending you a Graflex or Graflesque Facsimile?

camboy45
08-24-2005, 01:07 AM
Your cutaway saber is most awesome, and I would love to own one, but I honestly could not fork over more than $200 for one of them at a time, unless you offered a payment plan http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif No seriously, if you did the $350 would be well worth it.

Hecubus114
08-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Here's a good pic of all the parts. As for the cost if you provided your own graflex... I think, squeezing, I could get the price of parts down to maybe $250 - $275. That would be with no plaque, no display case. This information is really helping me guys - even though the price isnt ideal at the moment, hearing from all of you will help me gauge what I need to do differently to make this possible.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/pb2e431a28a8f9e63fbba653e058be1fb/f2fe23b0.jpg

Dark_Destiny
08-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Where are you paying $400 for parts?!??

SirTristram
08-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Oh, I'm in!
I'll get the plaque and stuff on my own!

Hecubus114
08-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Where are you paying $400 for parts?!??

Everything comes from different places - $125 for the Parks Graflex, Machined parts were a total rip because I only needed one set (if I order in any kind of bulk however the cost per unit is greatly reduced) - Grips, aluminum and brass rods, miscellaneous parts from hardware stores - it adds up.

dvdbloke
08-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Im very interested in one. But im wondering, how secure are all the parts connected? I mean, would shipping to the UK present a high liklihood of damage? I wouldnt be worried about a case, but a plaque would be good...If the price could go to approx $325-$350, then I could be up for 2 of them, I have fellow collector friends...will ask around! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BactaReality
08-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Is this for a limited time only? I'd like to get my hands on one, but it probably would'nt be until maybe around Nov. 350? sold, even 400 is'nt out of the question, the way I look at it, you're not paying for parts, but the work and attention to detail to piece it together right. Time is money ya know.

BigDumbWookiee
08-24-2005, 05:37 AM
I think I could swing that, depends on the final price.

slavefive
08-24-2005, 07:06 AM
You did a fantatic job on the cut-away. I'd love one, but I just couldn't spend the money now. But, I do think $300 to $350 would be the ideal price point.

Quick question, just out of curiosity. If you buy one Parks Graflex replica, cut it in 1/2, can't you use the two halves for two seperate cut-away sabers?

BradP
08-24-2005, 07:34 AM
this sounds interesting to me....I am a definate maybe.... more towards the definite.

pmrjulio
08-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Everything comes from different places - $125 for the Parks Graflex, Machined parts were a total rip because I only needed one set (if I order in any kind of bulk however the cost per unit is greatly reduced)

I agree! Depending of the piece may be from $30-125 or more the piece. If you do it on bulk prices drop dramatically.
For example, I went to anodize a saber part-&75 for one, for bulk $75 + $2 a piece, so if you did 10 the price drops to $9.50 each!!!

Vaapad
08-24-2005, 08:11 AM
I'd be down w/ spending in the $350-$500ish range - these are beautiful and worth it. Are you just talking about more Luke sabers, or perhaps others? Either way, I'm in

ScaryGuy
08-24-2005, 08:56 AM
I might be interested too, but not if goes beyond the $300 range. What's the source of that internal saber design? Is it an "official" saber design? Since we are prop guys we want to make sure it is "real" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SirTristram
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM
$350? What? I thought he said $250 or so! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

ScaryGuy
08-24-2005, 11:01 AM
He mentioned $250 - $275 for parts only. That doesn't include the work he has on it. Maybe it's an idea to create a kit, so that people assemble the saber themselves (if not to difficult).

BactaReality
08-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Kit form? That's an idea.

Hecubus114
08-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Well I must say it makes me very happy to hear that so many people would be in at the $350-ish price range. I'm going to make an official list of what each part exactly costs, and take it from there. As for other sabers, I'm awaitng some parts I got from here and a couple other places to try out an Obi-Wan saber, and as soon as I can find a damaged Vader FX saber, that too. So maybe by the time I have an official price, you guys will have a variety to choose from http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif. The question about using both halve of the Graflex - well - to make sure the one half comes out nice and clean, the opposite side needs to be "over-cut" and becomes somewhat usless. and even if it was useable, it would be the "wrong" half compared to the VD photo. Which is a good segway into the question about there being an "official" source for the design - its based off the original Visual Dictionary. Below is a comparison between my saber and the one from the book. I'd like to point out that even since then I've thought of ways to make it match better visually. And no, I dont see why I would have any kind of time limit on this. It would be good to know as many people as possible at once who want them (for the lowest prices on maching and Graflex) but I'll always be happy to make these.

Now - I have a question for you guys: There were some comments in the other thread about how this is a combination between the ANH and ESB versions. That wasnt really my call, since the VD we see no bottom red button but do see rivets in the grips. Would you guys like that design the same? Or would you like it to be completely one or the other? I figured since the cutaway is technically EU, that it was ok for the saber itself to be sort of mix to represent all the "Skywalker" sabers. Thoughts?

Visual Dictionary comparison:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/pb8b56b4f1439ac3f04aae0305716df4c/f2d9aa09.jpg

AlltoEasy
08-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Im in, depending on price and if you dont mind shipping to the uk.
nice work by the way.

ScaryGuy
08-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I would prefer to have either a correct ANH or an ESB version, not a mix of both. I would prefer an ANH version so that it will match my soon to have uncut graflex from parks http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do you think about the idea of a kit? Would that lower the price? Since I'm not a mechanical guy (I'm a software dude http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), it shouldn't be more then putting everyting in place without drilling etc.

sithmasterjedi
08-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I have said it before, I would really like to have one cut away saber. I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon. With the upcoming MR releases I wouldn't be able to afford one till late next year.

Hecubus114
08-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I would prefer to have either a correct ANH or an ESB version, not a mix of both. I would prefer an ANH version so that it will match my soon to have uncut graflex from parks http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What do you think about the idea of a kit? Would that lower the price? Since I'm not a mechanical guy (I'm a software dude http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), it shouldn't be more then putting everyting in place without drilling etc.

I have thought about the possibility of kits - the problem is that all the work goes into making the parts. Putting them together takes a matter of minutes. Its the cutting out of plastic shapes by hand, using my dremel in my 110 degree garage, that takes up the bulk. I would be more than happy to offer them in kits but it wouldnt save me much work.

TK421mv7
08-24-2005, 02:20 PM
I'd be in for a correct ANH model... or ESB... or Vader...etc...

Basically, the VD is kind of its own thing and I'd rather have an "actual" saber.

Maybe we could also do a bulk Parks order as well for the Grafli? That would knock the price down pretty well.

TK421mv7
08-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Sorry, double post... the board was acting a little screwy when I was posting.

Vaapad
08-24-2005, 02:28 PM
I'd prefer a correct ANH or ESB - one or the other

ScaryGuy
08-24-2005, 03:04 PM
I have thought about the possibility of kits - the problem is that all the work goes into making the parts. Putting them together takes a matter of minutes. Its the cutting out of plastic shapes by hand, using my dremel in my 110 degree garage, that takes up the bulk. I would be more than happy to offer them in kits but it wouldnt save me much work.

Maybe there are more efficient ways to make the plastic parts? Maybe resin moulds or something? Or try to contact other part makers like romansempire, maybe they have better resources to make parts.

Jedi_Rainman
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I agree. I think $350 sounds about right. Kit or not kit, I'd probably be up for my...once I wasn't broke anymore http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KarlBud420
08-24-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm definitely interested in one of these! The example the sabersmith has produced so far is a true work of art! I'd be willing to go $3-350 shipped for one and I'll have to break with the pack and say I would like a version faithful to the Visual Dictionary. It would make a nice companion to my Yoda VD saber. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jedi_Dogs
08-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Hecubus, I am seriously interested in one of these as well. I think that the $350 price range sounds about right. I too would prefer either a ANH or ESB version instead of the official Visual Dictionary version. I am curious how you will "make it match better visually" to the official version. Can you elaborate on what you mean?

SirTristram
08-24-2005, 09:24 PM
How about an Obi-Wan weathered or Luke ROTJ instead? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Vaapad
08-24-2005, 09:44 PM
How about an Obi-Wan weathered or Luke ROTJ instead? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'd jump on a luke ROTJ faster than...um...well, really fast!

Hecubus114
08-24-2005, 10:15 PM
These are great and I would love to do them - the only issue with them is that there is no "cheap" way to make them - especially just to saw them in half. Even custom made Luke ROTJ and Obi-Wan sabers get pretty pricey. I'm gonna try doing a "mostly resin" Obi-Wan cutaway, I'll keep you posted!

Jedi_Rainman
08-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Darth Maul double-bladed http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MegaPrime33
08-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Well if the question is still up in the air about whether or not people will buy these I think the answer is an emphatic YES! If I had any money whatsoever I would totally consider buying on. It's great work!

Hecubus114
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Yes I am quite excited about how many people want one - the only thing is, I need to be very sure that most (preferably ALL) of those who say so will come through. Tonight I will try to put up an official price for this - including if you provide your own graflex...

rad1701
08-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Put me on the interested list - depending on final price and timing as well. Any idea on how long these would take?

Hecubus114
08-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Some of the parts took me about 3 weeks to get, so it would be that plus the time it takes to piece it all together. Its hard to say an exact time, since on the first one I only did one, and as I was putting it together I was experimenting with parts.

Vaapad
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Any idea of a price yet?

camboy45
08-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Count me as interested. By the way, what do you do with the other half of the saber?

Hecubus114
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Ok guys - I just ordered 10 Graflexes (grafli?) from Parks - 5 ANh/5 ESB. Once I get everything I'm just going to make one as cheap as I can, then I will a definite price on these for whoever may want one.

Vaapad
08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Ok guys - I just ordered 10 Graflexes (grafli?) from Parks - 5 ANh/5 ESB. Once I get everything I'm just going to make one as cheap as I can, then I will a definite price on these for whoever may want one.

Sweet! Shot ANH if the price is reasonable!

camboy45
08-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow, I so hope this ends up within my price range.

TK421mv7
08-29-2005, 03:49 PM

Sounds good! All I ask is that "cheap" doesn't compromise the quality too much.

Jedi_Dogs
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM

I agree, if quality suffers I may not be as interested.

Hecubus114, since you ordered 5 ANH and 5 ESB graflexes, are you planning make movie accurate versions of the cutaway lightsabers instead of visual dictionary accurate versions? Could you also elaborate on what you meant by "...I've thought of ways to make it match better visually."

BradP
08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
I have a Vader ANH that I would be willing to share with someone if they were interested in having a cutaway....PM me

Hecubus114
08-29-2005, 08:28 PM

I agree, if quality suffers I may not be as interested.

Hecubus114, since you ordered 5 ANH and 5 ESB graflexes, are you planning make movie accurate versions of the cutaway lightsabers instead of visual dictionary accurate versions? Could you also elaborate on what you meant by "...I've thought of ways to make it match better visually."

Well many people said that they would much prefer one or the other than the "mix" seen in the VD. By "match better visually", I simply meant the spacing of some parts, different materials, etc. Nothing that would make a significant change in appearance. I plan to make movie AND visual dictionary accurate ones.

slavefive
08-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Depending on price, I'm interested in an ESB version. You do some awesome work, I loved your previous cutaway.

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 02:53 PM
These babies arrived today in all their glory...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Hecubus114/newgraflex.jpg

Vaapad
09-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Sorta sad to know they're all about to meet their doom...hehe

Have any pricing info for us yet?

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 03:22 PM
still working on pricing - I think I'm gonna take at least one of each version to ebay and see what happens there. I'm just gonna start makin' em and sellin' em - they are fun to make, so I think if I'm not preoccupied with cost while consructing, I'll feel better about lowering the price as I sell them to you guys http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BactaReality
09-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I can't decide which version I want.

BradP
09-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Well the tubes are 75.00 each, and there are 10 of them. cut in half that is 20 saber cutaways. 37.50 for cost there. the only 2 pieces of the price question is the internal parts...70.00 each and the time it takes to make them....3 hours each 60.00?

would 200.00 be a fair price? Hecubus would make about 1000.00 after all is said and done?

that is just a rough estimate and I have NO idea what the actual costs are except for the tubes.

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Well, even though its only half the tube - the other half becomes useless, so I cant really cut that cost in half. They take time to make, and already have some extras of certain parts from the last one. They would be sold one by one anyway. So once one is made, I'll put it up - what it cost to make + according $$$ for time. And then the second, and so on, and so on. Thats not to say that they will be different in price, I just dont want to state anything right now that I cant make good on later...

Vaapad
09-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry damon, you're even wrong on the tubes...he said that only half of each is usable in order to ensure a nice cut. Unless that's changed...

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Sorry damon, you're even wrong on the tubes...he said that only half of each is usable in order to ensure a nice cut. Unless that's changed...

Yeah - even if I could salvage both halves (which I doubt I could) one half would "face" the wrong direction (if you want it to match the visual dictionary) and would be robbed of the red button, glass eye, bubble strip, etc.

BradP
09-17-2005, 03:38 PM
But htere might be people who MIGHT want the other half, why waste it when you can still see the innerds, the working parts. That is what people are buying. I would buy the "other" half of the saber. Why waste it when it could be used.

with a clean cut it woudl work out well.

BradP
09-17-2005, 03:41 PM
why can't you cut directly down the center or maybe just off center to get 2 useable parts?

BactaReality
09-17-2005, 03:46 PM
It's gotta match the visual dictionary as far as I'm concerned, that's actually a pretty critical aspect of what he's doing here.

What you might not realize too, is that using the leftover half will leave you with a section that doesnt reach all the way half way around the tube, I'm sure if you actually saw it complete, you would change your mind about how it looks.

xrose
09-17-2005, 03:49 PM
why can't you cut directly down the center or maybe just off center to get 2 useable parts?

that wouldn't work because of the emitter ring. It appears as if only the main part of the hilt is cut and exposed. Hecubus, maybe you could post a pic of the left over part to show why it cannot be used. Wish I could get in one this, but just cannot at this time. Very impressive work though.

x.

BradP
09-17-2005, 03:56 PM
so it is not really half of a tube it is more like 70%??? if that is the case then it make more sense. I was under the impression it is literally half of the saber.

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Hecubus, maybe you could post a pic of the left over part to show why it cannot be used.

Love to:
(I removed it because it was so big)

Like I said, its not really a question of salvaging the tube, its the fact that each Graflex has parts that there's only 1 of. The red buttons, emitter ring, glass eye, etc., cannot be cut in half. It would create much more work to try to get doubles of all these parts...

Vaapad
09-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you use to cut the graflexes in half?

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 05:10 PM
My trusty Dremel - which I would be lost without http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vaapad
09-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Sorry...bit more specific? I assume its a saw...

BradP
09-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Ok, I see now that the other side is all messed up....it was just an idea and hoped it made things easier for you Hec.

So, get to work , sell them on ebay and give us good prices on the rest!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I will save up for one....consider one sold when you are done.

BactaReality
09-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Here's the dremel I use, it has an extention to the base that makes it easier to handle and control.
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/1592/3956027vo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Thats the exact one I have

Jedi_Rainman
09-17-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm still interested, but just not right away. Too many bills still... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SalaciousbCrumb
09-17-2005, 06:50 PM
please get a good idea on prices if you can! i would indeed be interested in one of these..your last piece was great!

xrose
09-17-2005, 06:51 PM
My wife has wanted a dremel for her birthday or Christmas so that she could use to be "creative" around the apartment.
I always say NO! She likes to "fix" things that are not really broken.

x.

Hecubus114
09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I had my Dremel a long time before I realized just how magnificent it is...

SalaciousbCrumb
09-17-2005, 07:08 PM
My dad has one he'd get rid of me before that thing! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TK421mv7
09-17-2005, 07:12 PM
I loved my Dremel until it blew up. I now use the Black & Decker clone and it's great.

Looking forward to more updates on this project!!!

Hecubus114
09-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey guys - should the ESB sabers have the chrome tape strip? And if so, textured or not???

Vaapad
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh man, thats a mother of a question. There's some info on it here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB27&Number=1372886&Forum=,f27,&Words=graflex%20assembly&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1372886&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=0&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1372886)

TK421mv7
09-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, essentially it should have plain 1/2" tape around the "Graflex" logo for the Wampa Cave version which, IMO is the most recognizable. The 1" textured tape is on the Dagobah/Ranch version.

Vaapad
09-19-2005, 04:49 PM
but there are also those who contend that the dagobah and ranch versions differ slightly - I'm not sure what the differences are myself. JediLip may be able to speak to that...

The_Mike
09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Interesting. I'd be game to hear a price although I can't commit myself just yet. Too many other things hitting right now. Great to see though that the craftsmanship is being shared...

ScaryGuy
09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
What is the "ranch" version? I can't recall luke visiting the wild west with his lightsaber.

MasterHorn
09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
hmm scince you use graflex would it be possible to make a ROTJ vader hilt?

Hecubus114
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
That thought has crossed my mind - but every ROTJ Vader conversion kit I've seen costs a ridiculous amount...

Jedi_Rainman
09-19-2005, 06:08 PM
What is the "ranch" version? I can't recall luke visiting the wild west with his lightsaber.

Marty got it for Luke when he went back in the past in part 3...Yeah, he found it in the cave with the time machine

Vaapad
09-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Cute JR - the ranch version is the one Lucas has at the skywalker ranch - the one he kept that made it through the past 25 years

TK421mv7
09-20-2005, 04:22 AM
but there are also those who contend that the dagobah and ranch versions differ slightly - I'm not sure what the differences are myself. JediLip may be able to speak to that...

Yup, it's hard to tell. I went to Chris Trevas' Parts of Star Wars which is a great resource.

http://www.partsofsw.com/

Again, I dig the Wampa Cave version. You see it better and the Ranch saber is, well, kinda busted-lookin'.

Hecubus114
09-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Here's the first one to meet its doom so far...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Hecubus114/firstone.jpg

TK421mv7
09-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Looks like it's coming along nicely! Now I don't know if I prefer the ANH or ESB version...

SaberFreak
09-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Is it still possible to get in on this? has a final price been deternimed?

Jedi_Rainman
09-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Very nice Hecubus http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hecubus114
09-28-2005, 09:15 PM
WELL I HOPE YOU GUYS APPRECIATE WHAT I'M DOING! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last night I made a trip to the ER because I got a metal shard imbedded in my eyeball while I was cutting a Graflex tube in half! I'm ok now, but whole night was wasted because my dumb[censored] wasnt wearing eye protection! A mistake I will not be making again!

Jedi_Dogs
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
We are not worthy.

Seriously, glad that you are OK and YES we appreciate all of your hard work.

BactaReality
09-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Holy crap, that makes me cringe thinking about your poor unprotected eyeball. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Vaapad
09-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh man - glad you're alright!

TK421mv7
09-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Dude, that sucks!!!! I have learned that lesson as well but not quite so painfully.

Thanks for all your hard work!

SirTristram
09-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Oh My God!
Jeez....I am glad you are doing better, but damn!
I actually (sort of) know the feeling...
I torn my cornea pretty badly and had to have this antibiotic 'slop' put in my eye everyday for a week and then antibiotic drops for another week...
Ugh!

Good Luck with your recovery!
...and if it is worth anything....We do appreciate you and your work!
I'm sorry you were hurt, though!

Jedi_Rainman
09-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Safety first man

Glad your okay http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vaapad
10-05-2005, 06:27 AM
I thought for a second that someone was selling the one they bought from you, but no, you're at it again...

Cutaway #2 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/LUKE-SKYWALKER-CUSTOM-LIGHTSABER-CUTAWAY-ESB-STYLE_W0QQitemZ6567385522QQcategoryZ99971QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)

MegaPrime33
10-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Incredible work man, incredible!

Troopeur72
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
Realy nice Job man

I'm interested too depend price

KarlBud420
10-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I thought for a second that someone was selling the one they bought from you, but no, you're at it again...

Cutaway #2 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/LUKE-SKYWALKER-CUSTOM-LIGHTSABER-CUTAWAY-ESB-STYLE_W0QQitemZ6567385522QQcategoryZ99971QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)

And it looks like Hecubus is going to make another nice chunk of change on this one too. Congratulations on another successful sale (even though it's not over just yet)!

Now let's get back to the RS run. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bruce

Vaapad
10-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Here's hoping for a late price jump in final hours! Good Luck Hecubus!

TK421mv7
10-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Wow! That's a nice auction for sure!

Ummm.... ours aren't going to cost that much are they? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Jedi_Rainman
10-08-2005, 07:25 AM

Ummm.... ours aren't going to cost that much are they? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Um...no dude

Start reading from the very first post until now...that might give you a big hint...more like the answer http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silent_Knight
10-08-2005, 07:55 AM
OK, so say 10 of us agree to buy a cutaway? How much would they be to us?

Sorry if this has been asked like ten times already.

Hope your eye is ok now.

You could have ended up more machine than man! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

G_A_Thrawn
10-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Glad to hear the eye is okay and hopefully that auction will cover the ER! Nicely done!

I would be in on a cut away, but it seems like there will be a long wait on these with all the interest your going to get from the forum alone! Very nice work and one of the best threads in a long time! My personal favorite for the year! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vaapad
10-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Congrats on another successful sale!

Hecubus114
10-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey thanks everybody!

The only thing keeping me from pumping these out is that I have yet to recieve the grips I ordered from Parks when I ordered the Graflexes. The saber I just auctioned off only had them because each saber only takes half a set, and I had them left over from the first one. I am hoping to recieve them any day now... actually if I dont get them soon I will ask for a refund and just go the Blast-tech route...

Vaapad
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
You just hit on what I was going to suggest - Blastech does rubber grip by the foot, and John's grip is better than Jeff's I think. It would probably be easier and cheaper to take that route. Just a thought...

SirTristram
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Great!
I am REALLY looking forward to these!
Keep us posted!

TK421mv7
10-08-2005, 04:55 PM

Um...no dude

Start reading from the very first post until now...that might give you a big hint...more like the answer http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, thanks, but I *have* been wth this thread from the beginning... and to be fair I don't think an exact price has been determined yet. But I know it won't be what they have been auctioned for. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif All the same, looking forward to this project! I think I'm leaning towards the ESB version now.

Vaapad
10-08-2005, 06:05 PM
nah, ANH all the way!

TK421mv7
10-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I really dig the glass eye of the ANH.

Fine, both then. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hecubus114
10-08-2005, 06:29 PM
My personal preference is the "mix" style, simply because that is what it is based off of. I certainly understand the appeal of the others, however. Especially depending on what saber they will be displayed along with.

BradP
10-08-2005, 06:41 PM
I like them all.....hopefully with the last 2 ebay success's you can bang a few more for the people here. ONLY as long as you are feeling better. you only get 2 eyes, I almost lost mine in an accident, so WEAR GOGGLES!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KarlBud420
10-09-2005, 10:46 AM
My personal preference is the "mix" style, simply because that is what it is based off of. I certainly understand the appeal of the others, however. Especially depending on what saber they will be displayed along with.

I'm with you there Hecubus. Visual Dictionary accuracy all the way!

KarlBud420
12-17-2005, 12:52 PM
Bump. Any progress shots Hecubus?

Bruce

Hecubus114
12-17-2005, 01:02 PM
I've been workin' on some projects regarding these - but with the holiday time and what not it hasn't been as speedy as I'd like - but believe you me, I am working everyday and will have something to show for it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm even currently working on a non-Luke lightsaber cutaway - and I'm planning to have working LEDs and what not in that one...

Vaapad
12-17-2005, 01:40 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jedi_Rainman
12-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Great news http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TK421mv7
12-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow, this thread came back from the dead! Glad to hear the project is still alive.

Jedi_Rainman
12-17-2005, 03:30 PM
I completely forgot about it then it was just back on top once again http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hecubus114
12-17-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm glad to know that the interest wasnt just a temporary thing http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jedi_Rainman
12-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Don't worry Hecubus...There will be room for one of your sabers in my collection...I just have to get moved first http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and Hecubus, I still want that Darth Maul double-bladed cutaway as well http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jedi_Dogs
12-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm glad to know that the interest wasnt just a temporary thing http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am definately still interested. I don't know where I am on your "pre-order" list but I hope that I am close to the top http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was convinced I had to have one when I saw your first Luke cutaway. I can not wait to see what you have been working on lately. The new non-Luke lightsaber cutaway will have "working LEDs"? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif Can you give us a clue and tell us which character weilded this saber? Please?? At the very least can you tell us what color the LEDs are going to be? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hecubus114
12-17-2005, 05:17 PM

I am definately still interested. I don't know where I am on your "pre-order" list but I hope that I am close to the top http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was convinced I had to have one when I saw your first Luke cutaway. I can not wait to see what you have been working on lately. The new non-Luke lightsaber cutaway will have "working LEDs"? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif Can you give us a clue and tell us which character weilded this saber? Please?? At the very least can you tell us what color the LEDs are going to be? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The LED's are going to be RED http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jedi_Dogs
12-17-2005, 07:41 PM
^^ http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Enchurito
12-17-2005, 08:02 PM
If you can create a maul cut away full size I'd like to have one but not till I get price guess http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

starkiller
12-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Now that would be cool...

Oh and Hecubus, I still want that Darth Maul double-bladed cutaway as well http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SaberFreak
12-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi Hecubus114, I posted in this thread sometime ago that I'm interested in a cutaway but I'm not sure if you put me on your list. If you're still taking orders do let me know. I'm definitely interested if the final price is within my budget. Cheers!

KarlBud420
12-17-2005, 09:05 PM
The LED's are going to be RED http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh me oh my! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif Sounds like all sorts of good new for 2006! Glad to hear that you didn't give up on the project and I'll still be interested when you're ready to start distributing those bad boys.

Regards,
Bruce

Hecubus114
12-17-2005, 09:09 PM
It makes me happy that so many people are still serious about wanting one of these! As I have told some people, I am constantly coming up with better methods for making these look better and more accurate. Once I am satisfyed that I have a standard that each one can live up to then I will know 100% what it will cost every time, how long, etc.

As far as a Maul goes... I'd love to try it - but the cost of getting one is way too much to risk ruining it once I have it... I am always on the lookout for "accurate but cheap" lightsaber alternatives because I could never bring myself to destroy and LE - especially since (as of now) I have never owned one http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JeedaiProphet
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Wow, this thread came back from the dead! Glad to hear the project is still alive.

You said it. I can't afford one now, but I've been looking forward to progress shots for when I can afford to make my own... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BactaReality
12-18-2005, 01:51 AM
Chalk me down for still interested too! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SirTristram
12-18-2005, 10:19 AM
I am still most DEFINITELY still interested!
BUt...was there a 'pre-order list'? Man, I hope it was just from posting that we wanted one, becasue I don't think I PM's you or anything!
I WANT ONE FOR SURE!!!
Actually....I want all the versions you may be making!
Non-Luke....Hmm....Vader? Obi-Wan? Yummy! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darth_Pain
12-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey, that's SWEET! Great work!

Any chance you could send me a list of the parts you use and maybe were to get them so, I can build one myself? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hecubus114
12-18-2005, 12:41 PM
I've never put up a tutorial for making these because all the parts are either custom machined, or made by hand from very basic elements... nothing is really bought looking how it does in the end - thats why (so far, since I'm still in the experimenting part) one of these takes me a month++

And no, there has been no solid preorder list - but I have been keeping track of all those interested

JeedaiProphet
12-18-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm not looking for a tutorial, just to draw some inspiration. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
These things are ****** and you do great work, H.

TK421mv7
12-18-2005, 03:00 PM
And no, there has been no solid preorder list - but I have been keeping track of all those interested

Cool, as long as you know I'm in!

When the time comes, you may consider putting up an Interest Thread to make sure everyone you have is still into it. Of course, you'll probably get more people interested too!

rad1701
12-19-2005, 05:57 AM
Can't recall if I commented in one of the many pages of this thread before. But put me in the "definitely interested" group. Looks like a great piece! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hecubus114
01-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Look what I did! (not totally done, of course)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/Hecubus114/lightedsaber.jpg

SirTristram
01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
What ever happened to this project?
Is there still a chance for an order? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I recall a bunch of us wanting one of these!!
I do!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jawa_Fong
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Wow! Nice! An upgrade to what you did before!

Nash
01-25-2006, 09:17 PM
wow glowwwwing. Taking orders?

Vaapad
01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow - that looks phenomenal

supafreak2007
01-25-2006, 09:37 PM
that is truely amazing http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

lesternessman
01-25-2006, 09:37 PM
That went from cool to really cool! Nice job!

Jedi_Dogs
01-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Wow Matt, that is amazing. I must have one of those. Please let me know when you are taking orders.

Jedi_Rainman
01-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh, pretty light http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif I am still wanting one *drools*

BactaReality
01-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Am I still on the interest list? This is a must-have for me, especially now with the light up-grade.

slavefive
01-25-2006, 10:22 PM
W O W ! Man, your cut-away's just keep getting better and better.

sithmasterjedi
01-25-2006, 10:30 PM
That little light is soooo cool looking. I want one. I liked the cut-away saber before, now I'm on the verge of needing it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yodasan
01-25-2006, 11:02 PM
That looks beautiful. If you are still thinking of making some to sell
I'm definitely interested.

TK421mv7
01-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Pretty sweet! I dig the light.

Oh, and I still want one too. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

callaway94
01-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Awesome. I want one also

Vaapad
02-10-2006, 03:28 PM
bump for Luuke66

MegaPrime33
02-10-2006, 03:29 PM
bump for Luuke66

Beat me to it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SirTristram
02-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Someone....ANYONE make some of these so we can get our greedy little hands on them!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TK421mv7
02-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Yep, still want one.

When this thread gets bumped in a couple of weeks, I'll still want one then too. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BlueMirageStudio
02-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey Hecubus114, is this project dead or am I gonna have to step in and take over http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

02-10-2006, 05:07 PM
That is amazing. Great work.

ScaryGuy
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I would be great if someone would pick this up on a larger scale. Doing everything by hand with a dremel is not going to make it cheaper http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. So having parts machined or cast for a group project would make it more affordable.

Vaapad
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah, but this is MATT's project - let him do it as he will.

ScaryGuy
02-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Well I don't think he has a copyright on it, or some George L. wants to have a word with him http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BradP
02-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I am still interested either way..... hope all is working out....

Duck9000
02-10-2006, 06:05 PM
It's looks really great!. I'm interested too

SirTristram
02-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Hecubus114, is this project dead or am I gonna have to step in and take over http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif Yes.

Right after the Dark Owman, Aurra Sing and...Stormtrooper sabers! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

yodasan
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
The cutaway saber is very cool, and I'd love to have one, but is
it really going to cost this much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUKE-SKYWALKER-LIGHTSABER-CUTAWAY-WITH-CASE-AND-PLAQUE_W0QQitemZ6603150267QQcategoryZ99971QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Holy cow!

There is another one at similar price, without the light-up feature, available on ebay - though not being sold by hecubus:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7588278017&fromMakeTrack=true

sithmasterjedi
02-11-2006, 08:31 PM
I was watching that too. $760 is Juuuuuuust a bit to much for me.

Duck9000
02-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I was watching that too. $760 is Juuuuuuust a bit to much for me.

For me too. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

SirTristram
02-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I thought if a lot of us go in for some the price is only $300 or so... (They most certainly do NOT cost $800 to make!) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
The eBay prices are for people that are insane and do not know crafty saber builders like we do here! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Vaapad
02-11-2006, 09:12 PM
I think Matt is planning on taking care of his fellow scummers at reasonable prices in good time

SirTristram
02-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I was just looking at it again (In the pics in tha auction)
I love it! Especially the lighted version!
Top Notch! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sithmasterjedi
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Yea, the lighted version is a must have for me.

Duck9000
02-12-2006, 11:21 AM
And for me

G_A_Thrawn
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I still want in as long as it isn't for $700+. Light up version too.

Hecubus114
02-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Man, this thread really came back to life while I was out of town! Yes, I am still currently building these sabers, and NO - I have no expectation of you guys paying $700 each. I just wanted to give ebay a final go. All I ask for is patience - I may have to be making another bulk order from Parks soon. And of course, I have no corner on this, no patent, nada. If anyone thinks they can get a better item, or simply doesnt want to wait for the time it takes me to do them one at a time, then by all means - more power to ya! I will say this - they are MUCH harder to make than one would think http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif But, like I said, I am definately still working on these. Right now I'm thinkin' the $350 range, but am trying to cut whatever cost I can without losing quality. So please, bear with me!

SirTristram
02-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Man, this thread really came back to life while I was out of town! Yes, I am still currently building these sabers, and NO - I have no expectation of you guys paying $700 each. I just wanted to give ebay a final go. All I ask for is patience - I may have to be making another bulk order from Parks soon. And of course, I have no corner on this, no patent, nada. If anyone thinks they can get a better item, or simply doesnt want to wait for the time it takes me to do them one at a time, then by all means - more power to ya! I will say this - they are MUCH harder to make than one would think http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif But, like I said, I am definately still working on these. Right now I'm thinkin' the $350 range, but am trying to cut whatever cost I can without losing quality. So please, bear with me!

We're with ya Hec!
And my $$$ is with you too! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TK421mv7
02-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Awesome! Glad to hear these are still in the works. Don't be shy about an update here or there... always glad to hear some news about them! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yodasan
02-13-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm not at all surprised that these are more difficult to make than other
custom sabers. Also the $350 price range sounds reasonable.

BactaReality
02-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Good things come to those who wait.

350 is an excellent deal as well, definately worth it.

Duck9000
02-13-2006, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Hecubus114]
But, like I said, I am definately still working on these. Right now I'm thinkin' the $350 range, but am trying to cut whatever cost I can without losing quality. So please, bear with me!

Absolutely, please count with me, I'm totally interested

jedi_dm
02-14-2006, 07:10 AM
Count me in, totally Awesome!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Duck9000
02-15-2006, 02:57 PM
This could be the next cutaway saber, really a beautiful work ... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Obi Wan Ep. IV cutaway (http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=98206&hl=howard)

yodasan
02-15-2006, 03:05 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Jedi_Rainman
02-15-2006, 03:08 PM
This could be the next cutaway saber, really a beautiful work ... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Obi Wan Ep. IV cutaway (http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=98206&hl=howard)

Yeah, that has been posted before and Its awesome everytime I see it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SirTristram
02-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Oh, Good God! I like that one ever BETTER!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

KBA
02-15-2006, 09:28 PM

Oh, Good God! I like that one ever BETTER!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Simply amazing. These cutaways would make great compliments to their full completed counterpart. I'd love to see a two teir display http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

02-15-2006, 09:30 PM

I really like that thing. I want one.

yodasan
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Simply amazing. These cutaways would make great compliments to their full completed counterpart. I'd love to see a two teir display http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Man you are going to see a lot more than two tears if I don't get me one of them!

POLEY
02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
hercubus have you seen the auction on ebay for a cutaway saber, wont link to the auction as its not a BIN but is there any way you can make a display case like this to go with your sabers, i think this rocks.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8383/90124uv.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=90124uv.jpg)

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9518/0c122uo.th.jpg (http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0c122uo.jpg)

Hecubus114
02-21-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd say my days on ebay have come to an end - especially since my last auction was won by a deadbeat bidder. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

POLEY
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I'd say my days on ebay have come to an end - especially since my last auction was won by a deadbeat bidder. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ahh dude that sucks, I auctioned off a mobile about a year ago and the guy who won just disappeared its a f*&Ģing pain when that happens and of course you can do bugger all with ebay about it.

Hecubus114
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I should've made a rule that only people with a certain amount of feedback could bid, but I made the mistake of putting to much faith in just anybody. Wont happen again...

Vaapad
02-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh man - isn't that TWICE now that this has happened, or did I imagine that?

MegaPrime33
02-21-2006, 12:51 PM
The last few things I put on ebay ended up being won by a deadbeat who refused to pay. If you can't pay why bid? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hecubus114
02-21-2006, 12:57 PM

Yeah, there's this one - who is a guy re-selling one I sold him (that was really a much poorer quality than the others, but he paid less for it) he first started it high, and has been subsequently going lower and lower, with nada thus far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Luke-Skywalker-Reveal-Lightsaber-prop-replica_W0QQitemZ7592154483QQcategoryZ60361QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Duck9000
02-21-2006, 01:09 PM

Yeah, there's this one - who is a guy re-selling one I sold him (that was really a much poorer quality than the others, but he paid less for it) he first started it high, and has been subsequently going lower and lower, with nada thus far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Luke-Skywalker-Reveal-Lightsaber-prop-replica_W0QQitemZ7592154483QQcategoryZ60361QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It doesn't looks as good as the last one (with light)

Jedi_Rainman
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
We are still here for you Hecubus http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy
03-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Just bumping this thread to say, "I'm interested"! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rad1701
03-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Very interested here as well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Duck9000
03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Me too! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G_A_Thrawn
03-03-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm still in too.

xrose
03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Hecubus, when this thread first started I wasn't able to get in on this, but since nothing was official yet, I would be interested in this also.

x.

03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm interested too.
Would you ever try to make cutaways of other sabers like that other one that made Obi-Wan's?

Yoda78
03-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Definitely interested http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif/ depending on price of course. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hecubus114
04-25-2006, 03:14 AM
Ok guys, every Graflex I have left is spoken for - two going to scummers, and one is going on ebay along with a Vader one I made (I know, I said no more ebay, but I'm in a bad financial state and these things have saved me there). However, I've had a couple people offer to put a $100 down payment on one of these in order to allow me to order more Parks Graflexes. If I can get 10 or more people willing to do so then that will allow to make more of these. Not only do I have to order more Graflexes, but more machined parts as well. Assuming everyone would want a light up, that would be $100 now, then $250 when it is finished (also, these take me some time to make). Also, does anyone know if Parks gives the wholesale price on quantities over 10, or in incriments of 10? Anyhoo, I didnt know how many people would go for this, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I simply cannot afford to order more parts on my own power right, and probably wont be able to for some time.

-Matt

SaberFreak
04-25-2006, 03:54 AM
I've been wanting one since you started this thread. I can come up with the 100, but would like to pay the rest after July if that's possible.

LMK

jamiemp
04-25-2006, 04:57 AM
id be interested in an all anh version...

Darth_Nickel
04-25-2006, 07:07 AM
I would be interested. These look great, and it would be a great addition to a collection (the ability to show an internal view next to a LE would be sweet)

Vaapad
04-25-2006, 07:09 AM
pics of that vader Matt?

SirTristram
04-25-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm totally in for a light-up version!
PM sent!
Huzzah! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_Mike
04-25-2006, 10:25 AM
I will echo Dave's statements, pic of the Vader pls? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dependant on when the deposit is due and the scheduling with the rest of the payments etc, I'm definitely interested!

jamiemp
04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
how much would it be if i didnt get the light up version?

Jedi_Dogs
04-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Matt, please put me down for a light up version. Let me know when you want the $100 deposit.

callaway94
04-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Which versions do you make? I would be interested in one.

toasterstrudels
04-26-2006, 05:29 PM

If it's not too late, I would be interested as well. Am also wondering which versions are available?

sithmasterjedi
04-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I still want one too. Light up version perfered but I'll be happy with either. PM sent. Thanks Matt

BradP
04-26-2006, 07:21 PM

If it's not too late, I would be interested as well. Am also wondering which versions are available?

lighet crystal and unlighted version. basically one has electronics to light up and the other is plain jane.

callaway94
04-26-2006, 07:32 PM

lighet crystal and unlighted version. basically one has electronics to light up and the other is plain jane.

Sorry. I meant to ask which lightsaber versions is he doing.

Vaapad
04-26-2006, 07:35 PM

Sorry. I meant to ask which lightsaber versions is he doing.

Luke ANH/ESB as seen in the VD

BradP
04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
doh..... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

my bad

benlurkin
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I'd be in for it!

PM sent!

Hecubus114
04-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but here are the people who said they could pay $100 up front so far:

1.SaberFreak
2.Jedi_Dogs
3.SirTristram
4.sithmasterjedi
5.damon5973
6.Hedjii72
7.benlurkin
8.Darth_Nickel

I cannot stress enough, however, that these will take time. I've gotten better time wise on making these, but I can give no garauntees, as I have never done more than one or two at a time. Not only that, Parks and the place I have things machined arent he fastest suppliers.

As for pics of the Vader, my digicam is misplaced at the momnet (rearranging furniture) I will get pics up soon.

SirTristram
04-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Take your time, Hec! I am in the for the long haul!
I want one no matter what!! (with the lights! Oohh...That is soooooo cool!) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

benlurkin
04-26-2006, 10:21 PM
The one with the lights looks so cool! It'll definitely be worth any wait!

The_Mike
04-26-2006, 10:44 PM
So deposit time is now? Damn...I won't have funds for a couple of months....grrr http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

callaway94
04-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but here are the people who said they could pay $100 up front so far:

1.SaberFreak
2.Jedi_Dogs
3.SirTristram
4.sithmasterjedi
5.damon5973
6.Hedjii72
7.benlurkin
8.Darth_Nickel
9.callaway94

I cannot stress enough, however, that these will take time. I've gotten better time wise on making these, but I can give no garauntees, as I have never done more than one or two at a time. Not only that, Parks and the place I have things machined arent he fastest suppliers.

As for pics of the Vader, my digicam is misplaced at the momnet (rearranging furniture) I will get pics up soon.

went ahead and added my name to the list, if thats ok?

yodasan
04-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Nice avatar Hec!

TK421mv7
04-27-2006, 01:06 AM
You can count me in as well.... as I have been from the beginning. I believe that makes 10?

EDIT: I'd like an ANH saber with the groovy blue light. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SirTristram
04-27-2006, 01:16 AM
10! We have 10!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SaberFreak
04-27-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm still in. Confirmed! Light up version please! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If I send you a V2 can you do a cutaway of that? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jamiemp
04-27-2006, 01:34 AM
pricing on light up one is $350 total right?
what about a non light up one?

Hecubus114
04-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Final list. I will confirm all orders via PMs. I will also call Parks and find out if he offers the discount on more than ten. If so, I will allow more. For now, this is it.

1.SaberFreak
2.Jedi_Dogs
3.SirTristram
4.sithmasterjedi
5.damon5973
6.Hedjii72
7.benlurkin
8.Darth_Nickel
9.callaway94
10.TK421mv7

Total for a light up is $350, no light $325

Thanks everybody! more info soon to follow

sithmasterjedi
04-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Yes, I'm in. Thanks. PM me the info and I'll send the money.

rad1701
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Room for one more? Or a waiting list if someone drops? I really want one of these. PM sent to ya Hec. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hecubus114
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
I will keep a back up list in case someone above drops out

Vaapad
04-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I believe Parks' rule is that 10+ gets the discount. For one of my graflex orders we had 12 and that was fine

benlurkin
04-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Payment sent!

Hecubus114
04-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Well, I was thinking about it, and even I could get the discount on more than ten, I think that would be just too much for me to concentrate on at once. So for my own sake, ten sounds good to me for now.

The_Mike
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
If another list pops up for this after this run has been completed definitely count me in, since it sounds like you'll be taking a while with this run....gives a chance to save funds! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SirTristram
04-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Payment and Info. Sent! Thanks, Hec! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

callaway94
04-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Is there a difference internally between the Luke ANH and the ESB versions? I don't have the visual dictionary to see for myself.

BradP
04-27-2006, 06:36 PM
payment sent, I am in for a lighted ANH

TK421mv7
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Payment sent, as well as a PM - thanks! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sithmasterjedi
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Payment sent http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hey just wondering what did everybody order. I went with the light up ANH.

callaway94
04-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Payment sent. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SirTristram
04-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Payment sent http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hey just wondering what did everybody order. I went with the light up ANH.

Me 2!

SaberFreak
04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I went with the light up ESB. Thought it'd look good next to my replica Graflex ANH.

callaway94
04-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Is there a differnece between the two internally? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Vaapad
04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Is there a differnece between the two internally? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The difference is the kind of grips used and whether there is a glass eye or bottom red button. The ESB also should be without a beer tab, but I'm not sure how Matt handles that