PDA

View Full Version : What playsets do YOU want to see?

Luke_Skywalker77
08-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Since the modern line starded back in 1995 one thing fans and collectors have been wanting more of were good playsets and dioramas. Even though Hasbro says we won't be getting any more anytime soon, what playsets do you wan't to see made or redone?

Here are my picks:

Endor Ewok Village 1983 rehash, with better more realistic paint job, and newly sculpted accessories. Could include leaves for the tree tops. Should be packaged in window box setting, with hand painted McQuarriesque backdrop, and it could include two pack ins; A newly painted Ewok, and a 3po with bendable knees. Price: Around 29.99-45.00

Star Destroyer Bridge.
It could either be a rehash of the 1980 vintage playset, completely repainted to look more realistic and true to film, or a new sculpt. If it were a vintage reissue, some parts of it can be retooled and redone to look newer. If all new, it could be completely redone as a small movie accurate playset of the bridge with a light up holo system where you can place any holo figure and room for Darth Vader to stare out of his windows (although it probably wouldn't happen.) It could be packaged in a nice windowbox displayed in one of the final scenes from ROTS with a work in progress Death Star in the background. It could include two random Imperial officers. Price: 29.99

The Death Star
The most wanted playset from the vintage era, can be rehashed from the 1978 original, with all new realistic paint deco, added parts, a larger trash compacter and a screen accurate backdrop. The playset can be retooled to include slots that can connect into other smaller playsets like the Detention Block and Swing Chasm from 1995, which could also be rehashed. Some add-on playset ideas could include a small Death Star Confrence room, a command center, and a small hanger base. Each mini-playset could retail for 14.99-19.99. The main Death Star rehash from 1977 can be boxed in a closed OTC style packaging, and can include two stormtroopers. The perfect retail price for this bad boy should be around 45.99-49.99.
"Swing to Freedom" Chasm playset rehash from 1995 could be retooled to include a connecting slot and backdrop. It can be window boxed to include a Luke and Leia and it should retail for 19.99.
"Detention Block" playset rehash could also have a connecting slot, and be displayed in a window box with an included Stormtrooper. Retail should be 14.99.
All new "Confrence room" could include two seated Imperial Oficials. Also windowboxed and retailed for 14.99.
"Death Star Command Center" could include a Death Squad Commander and retail for maybe 14.99
All of these mini diorams can connect to the original Death Star Playsets sides, or they can be stacked on top, to make the tower bigger.

Dagobah playset can be a detailed repaint of the original vintage set, retooled to accomodate the Dagobah stands that were included with the OTC Dagobah figures.
It could be windowboxed with a McQuarriesque Swamp painting in the back ground. Retail should be 19.99.

Imperial Throne Room could be a simple Plastic background and base. the background can be the large Spiderweb window with plastic glass, and the base could include railing and the Emperor's Throne. It could include a sitting Palpatine and a ROTS Royal Guard. The Price: 25.99. It may seem like much when compared to the rest, but a good one would be fairly large, and would have to be done from scratch.

Any Ideas or suggestions?

ftwjedi
08-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Yes, the imperial throne room would be awesome!!!

CommanderRedd
08-17-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd like to see another death star playset.

Luke_Skywalker77
08-18-2005, 01:49 AM
I was bored, so I made a Custom Star destroyer box using photoshop and MS Paint. If Hasbro rereleases the Vintage Star Destroyer playset, here's how I hope the packaging will look like:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ryanjeri/GW7vq.jpg
Unfortunately, when I saved the image, the quality was reduced.
What do you think?

Wingnut
08-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Endor Ewok Village?
That thing has been rehashed for about 10-15 different toylines. I dont even think Hasbro owns the mold to that anymore.

Not a bad Death Star Bridge but no need for Vaders chamber ON the bridge. He needs to be in private when he reads his Maxim.

Luke_Skywalker77
08-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Endor Ewok Village?
That thing has been rehashed for about 10-15 different toylines. I dont even think Hasbro owns the mold to that anymore.

As far as I know, the only other line it was released for was the Kevin Costner Robin Hood line, and that was almost 15 years ago!

Wingnut
08-18-2005, 12:38 PM
It was also released for a few other lines. I do remember seeing it in a Big Lots a few times with the same mold but with a bright crayola color scheme and it was labeled with some cheap toy line and terrible figures. I was amazed that it was there but frightened by the color scheme. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

_Darth_Maul_
08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
kyshekk(srry cant spell that)with bonus barc trooper

ThisIsMadness91
08-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Episode 1:
Naboo Generator Room (w/SA Obi-Wan, SA Qui-Gonn and SA Darth Maul w/double-bladed lightsaber that pulls apart into two)

Episode 2:
Geonosis Secret Hangar (w/SA Dooku and Yoda)

Episode 3:
Invisible Hand Bridge (w/ IG-101 and IG-102)
Palpatine's Office (w/SA Mace and SA Palpatine/Sidious)
Death Star Bridge (no suggested pack-ins)

Episode 4:
Lars Estate (w/Owen and Beru Lars)
Mos Eisley Cantine (w/SA Han and SA Greedo w/blaster wound on chest (like CommTech version))
Death Star Generator (w/SA Obi-Wan and SA Stormtrooper)

Episode 5:
Ice cave (w/SA Luke and Wampa)
Yoda's hut (w/SA Luke and Yoda)
Carbon Freezing Chamber (w/SA Lando and Han (and Carbon freezing feature like POTJ playset)

Episode 6:
Rancor pit (w/Gammorean (need a change from Luke http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) and Rancor)
Throne Room (w/SA Luke, SA Vader and Palpatine)
Endor Bunker (w/SA Scout Trooper and "Rebel scum!" Imperial officer!)

_Darth_Maul_
08-18-2005, 04:46 PM
episode III the room that palpatine was held captive with chair and bendable knees palpatine, obi-wan, anakin, and battle damagable count dooku

LIToyKing
08-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Episode 4:

ive always wondering why they couldnt make this, and include some half a dozen moisture vaporators. those things were practically all over tattooine and you would think hasbro could have easily had made this by now.

Luke_Skywalker77
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Episode 1:
Naboo Generator Room (w/SA Obi-Wan, SA Qui-Gonn and SA Darth Maul w/double-bladed lightsaber that pulls apart into two)

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:
Mos Eisley Cantine (w/SA Han and SA Greedo w/blaster wound on chest (like CommTech version))

Episode 5:
Carbon Freezing Chamber (w/SA Lando and Han (and Carbon freezing feature like POTJ playset)

Episode 6:
Rancor pit (w/Gammorean (need a change from Luke http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) and Rancor)

Great list, but no offense, let's try to keep things 'realistic'. When was the last time Hasbro built an entire large playset from scratch in a non movie year and gave us detailed SA pack-ins? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Although most of those would be sweet to see made...

TheNotoriousARV
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I'd like to see a senate duel playset that you can turn into a regular senate chamber

Habs98
08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Definitely a screen scene with a SA Han Solo and Greedo.

EeChooTaa
08-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I love the 'idea' of more playsets. I have the 2 POTF2 ones and they are pretty boring. I am all for any playset that looks and feels Star Wars OT. It could be something never seen on screen but the correct wall-paneling and overall SW design or look to it. I am not interested in PT playsets because the only plysets they have done in the past couple of years have been scene-specific stuff like Geonosis Arena and Mustafar, neither of which look like a SW set, rather another Sci-Fi license. So I completely agree with most of everyone's ideas on here but one thing I find entirely unlikely, is the whole pack-in thing. There is no way we'd see a SA any-fig as a pack-in, if we were to see any pack-ins at all. Hasbro would be making my day if they would just come up with an imperial 'base' or command center, in sections or as a whole, and one rebel-like base or command center. That'd work for me. However, Bespin would be pretty sweet!

NuteGunray
08-19-2005, 04:55 PM
How about the Galactic Senate room? They have a few of those platformers whenere the senator sit on the out rim and one in the middle for the chancellor.

ThisIsMadness91
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

Great list, but no offense, let's try to keep things 'realistic'. When was the last time Hasbro built an entire large playset from scratch in a non movie year and gave us detailed SA pack-ins? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

True http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I do tend to be unrealistic (which isn't a good thing). Well, how about just the epsisodes 1 to 4 with basic figures?

LIToyKing
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
I wish I worked for Hasbro's design team because I had envisioned a SARLAC (spelling?) PIT playset where they can easily make a plastic "hill" type of display with a hole in the center with rows and rows of teeth and tenticles (ok boys....calm down.....its a kids toy!) and there could be some type of brace in which you could make the tattooine skiff hover along side. nice, eh? (poorman's copyright initiated already! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Luke_Skywalker77
08-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

True http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I do tend to be unrealistic (which isn't a good thing). Well, how about just the epsisodes 1 to 4 with basic figures?

Sounds Great! To the toyKing, the Sarlaac would be an awesome playet. If I were doing it, it would have a removeable snapping beak, and a snap on, hollow Jabba's sail barge facade.

I decided to make a backside to my Star Destroyer box "mock-up". Here it is:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ryanjeri/otc04tiefighterboxbk.jpg

And here's the front:

LIToyKing
08-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5:

Episode 6:

Sounds Great! To the toyKing, the Sarlaac would be an awesome playet. If I were doing it, it would have a removeable snapping beak, and a snap on, hollow Jabba's sail barge facade.

I decided to make a backside to my Star Destroyer box "mock-up". Here it is:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ryanjeri/otc04tiefighterboxbk.jpg

And here's the front:

Thanks! i forgot about the snapping beak, and the background of jabba's barge would be a great addition and a nod to the classic trilogy line of the 80's. why cant they have people like us working for them?

great job on the star destroyer. I wish I could do stuff like that on my computer but im so limited with my end of computer knowledge (I only know CAD) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Trooper31
08-20-2005, 06:46 AM
I'd like to see a Death Star playset and an Endor Bunker.

General playsets that would be good for both play and diorama building are the way to go.

Yoda4501
08-20-2005, 11:58 AM
I think Yoda's Hut would be awesome if it were rereleased. Id like detailed paint aps and some trees that have vines hanging down for luke to train on. I think they could retool how the boxes levitate and how R2D2 raises in the air. The swamp would also be cool to see redone with other materials. I dont know which material but something that looks like muddy water. The Ewok Village would also be really cool. Lots to add and be possible for these sets. These and many more could be redone and collectors would buy them. If collectors/kids buy the same old rehashed vehicles time and time again, why not release a playset that hasn't seen shelves since the early 80's. Price isn't that big a deal for most people. They may complain but the VOTC flew off the shelves and so will new playsets if Hasbro does them right.

DarthRavenger
08-20-2005, 03:56 PM
My hopes....
THE ORiginal Trilogy
ANH
1.Death Star-Super Duper/separate pieces that join together are the only way to give this the right justice and I'm speaking about
a.imperial conference room with light up table,accessories
b.compactor room with closing doors to go with your wal-mart
luke/han stormtrooper screen scene sets
c.chasm bridge-needs to be brand new
d.falcon landing area
e.ben/vader hallway
f.death star control room
g.imperial control chamber
h.control room for death star cannon
i.tractor beam control area
j.leia torture chamber with prison quarters
2.Lars Homestead with igloo dome and pit/garage/living quarters/famous table with ceiling painting/kitchen and etc.
3.Cantina-with bar u curved section and distillery
4.Yavin 4-warroom with light up control table and tactical lightup maps-could include 2 unmade rebel general old guys that were with Dodonna, and Yavin ceremony steps and stone wall background
5.Mos Eisley space port-could be three mini sets that hook up and come with several denizens (alien with long stalk legs,space pilots,bounty hunters,Jabbas security guys in SE version
TESB
1.Dagobah-same principle with connectable pieces
a.darkside tree
b.yodas hut
c.swamp with dragonsnake
d.forest with vines,trees and terrain
2.Cloud city-with these sections
a.Landos chamber and Leia/Han prison room/droid junk room
with robot parts to make your own robots and with 2 Ugnaughts
b.Carbon freezing facility
c.gantry with lights and pit and open holed bottom for fun playing with Luke and Vader falling down
d.Cloud city hallways and with dinner room and Falcon runway landing
3.Hoth-
a.rebel hideout base with more tactical light up maps and several computer consoles and 2 rebel technicians
b.rebel spaceport room in rebel base with hallways and outside gunner cannons
c.wampa cave with beast and tauntaun guts
4.asteroid monster belly inside
5.Star destroyer bridge with meditation chamber/bounty hunter bridge area/hallways and emperor
hologram transmission room with light up giant head and electronic dialog feature
ROTJ
1.Jabbas palace
a.troghy room,bandstand and main room with barbecue and ornamental decorations
b. jabbas dungeon with Rancor
c.jabbas palace entrance with huge door,door robot and pig guards and outside sand ground with burping creature
2.Sarlacc Pit-with open close mouth on monster to swallow your favorite figures/with small built on skiff on the cliff edge
3.Jabbas big party skiff with opening canopy and hallways, rooms and barrooom and comes with 3 brand new aliens
4.Ewok-connectable sections
a.firepit with ewok celebration area and accessories/ewok meeting room(story time with 3po) with 3 new ewoks
b.forest area with stones,ropes and catapults/and mini wagon
c.major ewok village set with walkways and booby trap net
along with ewok pony
5.Rebel warroom from DS 2 battle with lightup deathstar table and steps with Mon Calamari control room and 3 new rebel figures
6.Luke with Vader burning firestake
7.Emperor throne room with chair,spider window, catwalks,bridge and light up controls-super set

ScoutTrooperSgt
08-22-2005, 11:19 AM
i want to see a hoth playset(new version), Kyshyyk playset would be cool, death star control room, death star 2 throne room duel, and a mygeto(sp?) bridge playset would be cool.
Also any tatooine playset would be awesome.

BennyDarkness
08-22-2005, 03:12 PM
How about a few of these? (With better looking figures!!!)

The Phantom Menace:
-Theed playset w/ Security Battle Droid
-Watto's Shop w/ Pit Droid

Attack of the Clones:
-Geonosis Arena w/ Geonosian Guard
-Geonosis Secret Hanger w/ Dooku's Droid

Revenge of the Sith:
-The Invisable Hand Bridge w/ Magna Bodyguard
-Utapau Hanger w/ Droideka
-Wookie "Tree House" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif w/ Scout Trooper

A New Hope:
-Lars' Estate w/ R5 unit and Jawa
-Mos Eisly Cantina w/ Wuher
-Death Star Bridge w/ Stormtrooper

The Empire Strikes Back:
-Wampa's Ice Cave w/ Luke Skywalker
-Carbon Freezing Chamber w/ Darth Vader

Return of the Jedi:
-Jabba's Palace w/ Oola
-Ewok Village w/ Ewok
-Emperor's Throne Room w/ Royal Guard

Inigo_Montoya
08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Keep in mind, we don't want new unique characters as immobile pack-ins, but as carded SA figs.

Rehashes should be considered for carded resculpts.

ScoutTrooperSgt
08-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Benfett love your wookie treehouse idea. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Inigo_Montoya
08-22-2005, 09:57 PM
I designed on paper a mock-up of a truely by the definition dream Wookiee village as a "bath toy", where two separate hollow bases could be supported by removable telescoping stands in a tub, and connected by a bridge of one type or another.

The space between the two bases and under the bridge would allow clearence for an as-of-yet unproduced Catamaran, or most any other small to medium sized vehicle.

It would feature a helipad, Yoda's command center and escape pod, and plenty of cannons, swinging vines, and collapsable platforms.

Ideally the pack-in would be a low articulated, but newly sculpted generic Wookiee Warrior. Ideally something fresh in appearence, such as black with white eye patches, some pattern like that.

Galvatron397
08-24-2005, 01:29 PM
I wish I worked for Hasbro's design team because I had envisioned a SARLAC (spelling?) PIT playset where they can easily make a plastic "hill" type of display with a hole in the center with rows and rows of teeth and tenticles (ok boys....calm down.....its a kids toy!) and there could be some type of brace in which you could make the tattooine skiff hover along side. nice, eh? (poorman's copyright initiated already! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Yeah!!! This would be so awesome! It could have a little lever that when you pulled it, teeth flared out, and some bendy tentacles that could be wrapped around figures! It could also have some sort of inner chamber that could launch figures(boba fett- see uleashed figure) out of the pit! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Inigo_Montoya
08-24-2005, 03:05 PM
Okay, well retracting teeth aren't movie or even EU accurate, as far as I know. And a gullet ejecting feature would be hard to manage, when what it needs is just a simple removable pouch to catch and hold figures in.

But wire bendy tentacles and a removable and hollow SE beak with sliding jaws would be awesome.

Gothiczartan
10-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey what about needing a retooled and resize a Millennium Falcon?

they already did the larger scale x wing and tie fighter.

here's what we wanted to see for the saga collection!
http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/9375/millenniumfalconscale4rl.th.jpg (http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?image=millenniumfalconscale4rl.jpg)

Combine these stations to make it a ultimate Millennium Falcon playset EVER!

http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/9095/potf2gunnerstations5hl.th.jpg (http://img417.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potf2gunnerstations5hl.jpg)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9079/potf2gflukeloose2ph.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potf2gflukeloose2ph.jpg)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9278/potf2gshanloose4xu.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potf2gshanloose4xu.jpg)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2290/potf2cdfalconkeyboardfr0nh.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potf2cdfalconkeyboardfr0nh.jpg)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6175/potf2cdfalconcockpit15ur.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potf2cdfalconcockpit15ur.jpg)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/866/potf2cdfalconcockpit28zz.th.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=potf2cdfalconcockpit28zz.jpg)

needs more movie feature as seen in the star wars triligy!
a hatch opens just like in the ESB where lando rescues luke, a sick bay or a place where an injured luke lie down, a cockpit holds 4 figures just like in the movie! a open hatch for hading just like it's seen in the SW ANH! more chairs and derrik challange for the wookie and the droids to play (ANH)

Clone_Commander
10-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I think that if hasbro only makes one Playset it should be this:

Throne Room duel Playset
Features:
- Breakable gantrys
- Emperor's throne
- New palpatine sculpt (so he can sit)

Smudger9
10-16-2005, 10:37 AM
All i would want would be a high quality plastic cantina set.

clonedjedi
10-16-2005, 02:12 PM
i would love to see a wookie beachhead playset, with trenches and bunkers and the "tree house" that was used as the CP with a small place to park the fludder craft. maybe they could include a table cloth like beach to lay out on the floor, i know my kids would love that.

A_Skywalker
10-16-2005, 02:40 PM
a playset of the rebels Yavin 4 comand center http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A_Skywalker
10-16-2005, 11:04 PM
invisible hand interior

Gothiczartan
10-17-2005, 03:28 AM
a padme's apartment playset from AOTC would be nice.

how about a playset of a lightsaber duel scene with palpatine vs. mace windu and the jedis from ROTS.

will feature a break away window just like it was seen in the movie and where anakin skywalker had a new name darth vader given by the emperor.

rohandove
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I want the Rebel Briefing Room from EpVi and the Imperial Throne room from EpVI.