PDA

View Full Version : Will 2 Wal-Marts help my Saga chances?

sambuca
08-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I am lucky enough to already live within an hour of a Walmart Supercenter, a Target, a Kmart, and a KBToys. Now the sleepy little burg of Farmington is in the process of building anoher Walmart (within about 5 miles of the existing one). My question is, in locations with multiple Walmarts, do you end up getting twice as much Star Wars product, or does the product get split amongst the stores? Will I be hunting twice as hard for the same amount of Saga product? Or will I be basking in the glow of more Saga than ever before? I know that being a non-movie year next year, the stores will likely carry less than they did this year. So I am hoping to have double the odds of getting Saga stuff next year. Those who have multiple Wallys let me know the lowdown.

Neal
08-04-2005, 03:03 PM
You should get twice as much ... in theory. I don't think stores within the same city take product away from each other.

canadadry
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
You will most certainly get twice as many pegwarmers.

DarthKoolaidman
08-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I have 5(6 in 2006) different Super Center Walmarts within a 15 mile radius of here, and I've noticed only 2 of the 5 got the newest wave of ROTS figures in. Distribution of new SW toys isn't that consistent among the Wal-Marts here. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

gorkoracing
08-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Agreed ^^. I have 5-6 walmarts within a 15-20 min drive and some get things while others dont. Also have 2 targets which seem to get things about the same so if i find something at one target the other prolly has it too. Also have a TRU, kay bee, kmart, and mom and pop shops.

Michael_Knight
08-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I have three within a three mile radius and there are about twenty in a twenty mile radius. Of the three closest to me, One will always get the newest figures first, while the others will get them later. There is no rhyme or reason to it, but one seems to have a higher success rate than the others typically.

TT8L
08-16-2005, 04:09 AM
I have two supercenters (aren't they all now?) that I pass on my way home from work and whatnot. I can easily reach two more but it is always hit and miss.

It's funny really. Labeling stores 1-3 as my best Wall-Marts here is what I've seen.

1 - has few figures though they constantly sell out and get the newest best ones.

2 - has a glut of figures and vehicles and 1 1/2 whole aisles for SW but never restocks.

3 - mix of 1 & 2 but was the only one to have left-over Early Bird kits for 7$!!!

LIToyKing
08-16-2005, 06:03 AM
move closer to the stores!!

Rebel_Commander
03-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Having 8 Walmarts near me, just means 8 stores of empty pegs http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

obreaslan
03-16-2006, 10:58 AM
I just posted this in another thread, but I live near 9 Targets, 8 Wal-Marts, 3 TRU's, 5 K-Marts and 3 KB's. And I have yet to get any of the major figs like Scorch, U-Clone, etc.

I can testify that it doesn't help. Sorry.

P.S. I can get all of the Derlin's and Jabba's Nikto's I want though. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

nagauthier
03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, more stores does not automatically translate into more product. Especially with the sort of drought we've got going on now. One of my Walmarts and Targets have both gotten 2 cases of Geo and the other stores have gotten none or sold out even the repacks before I saw them.

DarthBaker
03-16-2006, 11:28 AM
With more stores sometimes its harder to get what you need. To much ground to cover... it would almost be like a guessing game.

nagauthier
03-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I can see that. I sometimes have to guess which of my stores I have the best odds of beating other people too in the morning because I will not race people down the aisles like an idiot if we get there at the same time.

Seize9
03-16-2006, 11:44 AM
One thing I've noticed in my area is that when one store receives stuff, the other stores within the area also receive stuff either the same day or the next (both Walmart and Target, although it happens more often at Target), so in my situation I would say the chances are better actually...

Flacksguy
03-16-2006, 01:27 PM
We just had a new Wal-Mart open in Winchester, VA back in November. I thought it would be even easier to find figures, because the old Wal-Mart is excellent at stocking SW items. But the new one never has anything.
It's amazing how polar opposite they are.

sambuca
03-16-2006, 02:03 PM
My new SuperWally should be open within about 2 months. I will be there at the grand openeing to try and nail down some of the Harder To Find Saga stuff. If they just have a bunch of Greatest Hits guys by then, I will not be pleased.

After that, yeah I figure it will be much like the other Wally. Next to nothing.

jedisrus
03-16-2006, 02:24 PM
We just had a new Wal-Mart open in Winchester, VA back in November. I thought it would be even easier to find figures, because the old Wal-Mart is excellent at stocking SW items. But the new one never has anything.
It's amazing how polar opposite they are.

Same thing happened here. Right after it opened I got my shocktroopers and and Tac Ops there, but nothing at all since then. There toy department is also twice as small as any of the other four in town. Hope it works out better for you Sambuca.

sambuca
03-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Twice as small??? That means only one and a half pegs for SW basic figures! AAUUGGH!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CommCody
03-16-2006, 02:52 PM
It all depends on the market at the time from my experience. When a new store opens, they often get the same things the other stores have - or any older items that didn't sell through to keep the shelves with product. But, we are now in a different type of market - there isn't enough product shipping to stores to back up, so I think the chances are better that a new store will get the newest stock that has shipped. A target opened up near me back in October, and they kicked off the opening with the "final 12" from the ROTS line before any other store had received their stock of those in the area. Six years ago, a new Target had opened and was overloaded with Episode 1 backstock - all the Rune Haakos and Nute Gunrays you could imagine. They sat there for months. But, back then, that's how it worked. So, be glad it's different now even though we might not like how the market is in some ways.

dsl89
03-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Having 2 Wal-Marts does not give you an advantage. I have three Wal-Marts within 15 minutes of my house and only 2 of them have shown signs of hte Geonosis wave (a few Poggles lying around) I have yet to even see Scortch.

Dark_Jedi
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I have 6 Walmarts, 6 Targets, 2 Sears/Kmarts and I get more than my fill and help out other Scummers when possible.

R1G4R3PO
03-16-2006, 03:26 PM
I used to live in an area w/ 8 WMs in w/in an hr drive between the 2 outermost ones, and it seemed that all would get stock in w/ days apart, BUT ONLY 1 would get a case of new wave while reat received multy cases of past waves. Worst part, the 1 GOOD WM wasn't consisant. One wave it'd be WMa, next wave WMb, next wave WMc, nor was it a rotating pattern, all shear pot luck. Now in my new area, I got 3 WM andWHEN they used to get figs in, all got same wave asst/ratio but not always same night/day, usually w/i a day or 2 apart.

sambuca
03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks to all who answered me, back then, and in recent posts. I will continue to update this thread with my personal experience once the new Wal-Mart is open.

If it matters, the existing Wal-Mart is in a really nice part of town, while the new Wal-Mart being built is in a severe "ghetto" area. It will seriously be the only nice thing around for at least 2 miles in a ny direction. I foresee that store having a lot of trashed figures and ripped-open packages (a fact that is true of the 2 Safeways in the same town).

Captain_Piet
03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Not if they don't stock figures, they won't.