PDA

View Full Version : Rounding out the Early Bird display...

TT8L
07-30-2005, 03:07 AM
I have been rather curious to hear about whether or not all of the characters for the Early Bird display will be included in the Saga line-up. Has anyone any thoughts on this or has anyone heard anything? For those few, if any, that have not seen the display;

There are slots for the figures you will recieve as well as

Sandperson - I can't imagine a better reason to re-release the excellent previous version.
C-3PO - Who couldn't use one more to re-paint (ROTS sculpt or the endor deluxe C-3PO)
Death Squad Commander - Finally, please release this as a new sculpt and include the oft-forgot utility-style belt (removeable?) and new single breasted black tunic as well as an interchangeable cap for if the helmet is off.... I can't tell you how happy I would be to have this... I could customize the whole hierarchy of the Imperial navy if Hasbro makes this how it deserves to be done.
Han Solo - As a bone thrown to collectors how about a limited run of VOTC han at the standard price, huh? Or cantina Han.
Darth Vader - OTC Death Star Vader because, obviously, people are underapreciating the superior ANH costume, which in my opinion is superior.
Stormtrooper - I do not even care if it's a CT re-release, I know for a fact all will sell even if the case assortment is 20:1 in favor of Stormies... what about a Stormtrooper exclusive wave... or three-packs for $9.99 (b/c I don't need clones I need ST)
Ben - Yeah, why not....
Jawa - Seriously, I could use a new sculpt Jawa in a two or three pack. No SA crap, I am happy with only two points for a Jawa. This would be so easy to do and even my g/f loves Jawas.

For those <s>(many)</s> of you that have short attention spans and make a habit of not reading the first post in liue of posting "awesome http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif" or simply "no" let me reiterate; Do you feel as though we're going to see all of the figures to round out our Early Bird display or has it been stated otherwise. If it is definitively not going to happen then I'm sorry I posted this thread and forgive my ignorance, but it was on my mind tonight and I'd like to know if there has been an official statement to the contrary. No offense to those of you who post coherently and thoughtfully, but those who do otherwise have bothered me recently as I am certain to see the same couple of people posting in every thread with their nearly monosylabic responses.

It's not a big deal for ma as I can already fill the display, but the thought might be nice to see all of the display filled with new Saga releases.

Dhivael
07-30-2005, 08:40 AM
i agree, id love to see these (minus the jawas)

CJHawk
07-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Frankly, I doubt we will see Hasbro try to expressly fill out the display. It was a nostalgic item that was intended to capitalize on the popularity of the VOTC. Since many of the characters were in the VOTC I wouldn't expect to see them again in the near future.

Darth_Anton
07-30-2005, 01:42 PM
For those <s>(many)</s> of you that have short attention spans and make a habit of not reading the first post in liue of posting "awesome http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif" or simply "no" let me reiterate; Do you feel as though we're going to see all of the figures to round out our Early Bird display or has it been stated otherwise. If it is definitively not going to happen then I'm sorry I posted this thread and forgive my ignorance, but it was on my mind tonight and I'd like to know if there has been an official statement to the contrary. No offense to those of you who post coherently and thoughtfully, but those who do otherwise have bothered me recently as I am certain to see the same couple of people posting in every thread with their nearly monosylabic responses.

Someone has seen and sypathised with my plight. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

When the new EB kit came out, I was phyced about the posibility of getting the original 12 resculpted. I certainly hope they do.

The Tatooine set can have a Sandperson, Jawa, Han and C3PO while the Deathstar set can have a Deathstar trooper (my biggest want,) Stormtrooper (re-issue), Ben and Vader.

ThorOakenfelder
08-01-2005, 11:37 AM
I have a feeling that you're not going to see the Death Squad (Star Destroyer) Commander, Sandtrooper, C-3PO, Jawas, another Ben, Han or Vader. But I may be completely off. It's just a feeling I had.

Oh, and the stormie's going to be a long shot unless you count that sandtrooper they've shown.

TT8L
08-02-2005, 02:09 AM
I have a feeling that you're not going to see the Death Squad (Star Destroyer) Commander, Sandtrooper, C-3PO, Jawas, another Ben, Han or Vader. But I may be completely off. It's just a feeling I had.

Oh, and the stormie's going to be a long shot unless you count that sandtrooper they've shown.

So, my parade has been rained on http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Really though, I don't care so much about the rest, but there is such a need for the Imperial Navy Officer (I refuse to call it by that other monicker now).

Also, having seen the success of clones, how can they not (re)release another Stormtrooper? If they won't I guess I will have to resort to buying Sandtroopers and taking off their dirtyness with nail polish (oh well, I could use the extra accesories for my Imperial Armory diorama)

Jason_West
08-13-2005, 07:15 AM
I liked the OTC jawa figure. The dark brown paint is really nice. If a new version is released, I want a VC version. If this cannot be done, I want a nice cloth cape. Minimal articulation would be nice, but the time has come for a new look for me beloved jawa...

Jason West

Uttini
"ONE BAD JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".

Wanted: Jawas of any kind.
Jawa Collection Pics (http://community.webshots.com/user/hobbes089)

E_CHU_TA
08-13-2005, 01:27 PM
i can understand how you want to fill up the display.
but i would like to see new characters, why do you need a new votc han to pout in it? just use the one thats already out.
and as a droid fan even i dont really want to see another c3po as part of the new waves, ihave far to many.
and ditto vader, i have several perfectly good vaders already.

now a new death squad commander finally done right would be realy really cool.
and a new jawa sculpt would be cool.
and i still dont think they have done an obi thats that great.

i_know
08-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I agree with one of the previous posters pointing out that we don't need certain characters namely (stormtrooper, han, ben, vader, 3PO), cause we already have the VOTC versions or other versions that are excellent, and released within the past year or so. With that being said there's really only the other 3 you mentioned, and if they gave those great new sculpts I would be uber-pleased.

01. JAWA (i think this could be pulled off in the style of VOTC yoda - a few nice points of articulation, soft goods, etc.)

02. TUSKEN RAIDER (might as well make this a soft goods, super articulated be all end all of this character) if you want a rehash why not just buy it on Ebay.

03. Death Star Trooper (Give him a nice new sculpt. Don't need to go nuts on articulation, but an improvement over the POTF would be welcome)

To be fair to hasbro they did release a newer Tusken Raider in the Saga Series, but the Jawa they've been repainting since POTF, and the Death Star Trooper was only available through POTF, and as a repack in the SAGA Death Star Accessory Pack.

Flacksguy
08-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I actually wouldn't mind rereleases of the stormtrooper, han, ben, vader, 3PO. As long as they were of the same quality as the VOTC and maybe a slightly lower price point.
I picked up only one each of the VOTC set to keep carded because of the price. If Hasbro were to release another set of those characters in the new Saga collecton, that were of the same quality, but at a cost that is closer to that of a basic figure, I would be very interested.

i_know
08-14-2005, 04:24 AM
These are the best most quality figures to date (by hasbro). The VOTC stormtrooper compared to the Super Articulated Clone Trooper (#41) is comparable articulationwise, but when you feel the difference(when angling the ankle joint, or shoulder joint) between the two you clearly see that the VOTC is a notch above the rest. I think the 9.99 price tag was fair. Granted certain stores bumped it up to 11.99, and 12.99, but to me it's still worth it. I wish they would continue this line, but they've gotten to the pointed where basic resculpted figures (the quality of certain ROTS figures) is very close to the VOTC quality so it becomes hard to justify the higher price point. I still say they should complete the line of Vintage figures with VOTC articulation, and cards, etc. for nostalia's sake. And since the quality is being upped for basic lines i could imagine that the price could come down a bit.

DarthJace
08-15-2005, 12:04 PM
I'd be all for seeing the "rest" of the EB figures released in some form, though given the reports of Early Bird sets marked down sharply at Wal-Mart (would love to find one!) I wonder if WM would go for it.

Just for the fun of it, I'll throw in my 2c about what figs I'd use to fill out the set. (Granted, the only EB figure I think is superior to existing stuff is the Chewie with ANH 'Do. Still hoping against hope that Leia's hood might be a removable piece, and not sculpted, since the face sculpt looks quite good to me.) Anyway....

1. TUSKEN -- I like the AOTC one with the removable head a lot. Good enough for me.

2. C-3PO -- The ROTS sculpt is fantastic. Would love to see a silver-legged repaint.

3. DSC -- Definitely want a resculpt. I've always loved these guys. Would buy them in droves.

4. HAN -- VOTC one is good by me. I suppose Hasbro could tweak the VOTC one to make it a ST belt or something.

5. VADER -- Would be great to see the VOTC or Evolutions fig tweaked for the ANH cloak over armor, but no biggie.

6. STORMTROOPER -- Love the VOTC fig.

7. BEN -- IMHO there's never been a perfect Old Ben, and considering I don't like soft goods I have my doubts I'll see one. My favorite is the 25th anniversary one.

8. JAWA -- I wouldn't mind new variants, but love the one that came with the Power Droid. (Think that's it -- it's the one with feet.)

And I'd love to see my EB kit come in the mail, of course...

i_know
08-15-2005, 05:17 PM
My favorite Ben so far is the VOTC one, but he has a tiny head, no ball jointed legs, and the robe seemed very huge at first. It doesnt' seem so bad now.