PDA

View Full Version : holo leia just arrived

Jorge
07-25-2005, 08:43 AM
question... in the original link on starwars.com, she's shows with two holo blasters in the bubble. it looks like all the ones that have actually shown up from the show, are missing the blasters.

granted.. holo blasters are a little goofy in concept.. because she didn't have any during the actual holo transmission... but why did hasbro use the bubble that actually made room for the blasters?

man.. could they be that damn cheap they're just re-using old bubbles? wait.. i think i just answered my own question.

JorusFett
07-25-2005, 05:54 PM
I just got mine from a friend that picked it up for me at the convention and it is also missing the blasters but has the cutout for them in the bubble. Makes the figure look like it is either missing something or really cheap.

Dhivael
07-25-2005, 09:09 PM
so the question is unresolved... are there blasters?

Jorge
07-25-2005, 09:52 PM
sorry.. didn't see the other thread where a dozen people mentioned they did not receive blasters.

i guess it's safe to assume that no one did, unless someone ended up with that prototype that was used for all the pre-pictures.

(lordwill tries to coax insider out... ) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jwmc1971
07-26-2005, 10:00 AM
just got mine last night..extremely cheap!!! worst...figure..ever!
the bubble is crappy , cant beleive the stupidity of hasbro and didnt the original photo also show she had her hood up?? its my stupid collecting disease that made me order this.... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jorge
07-26-2005, 10:49 AM
welcome to suckersville... population 5 billion.

i'm having an MRI tomorrow... i'm certain hasbro has placed a chip in my head causing me to buy all this stuff.

indysolo007
07-26-2005, 02:49 PM
I ordered mine from shopstarwars last Monday (7/18), has anyone got a tracking number yet, it said it ships the 25th yet Ive received no notice.

jimmay
07-26-2005, 03:28 PM
I, too, have yet to receive a tracking number and shipping notice. I emailed them yesterday to no response, save the automated one that tells me to be patient...that was over twenty hours ago. Time to start harassin' me thinks!

Jorge
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
i bought mine as a presale item several months back off of ebay. i actually got mine before the convention was over, but since i paid $30 ( including priority shipping with excellent packing ) i guess it was worth avoiding the "it's on sale.... no it's not... yes it is again... now it's off again..." ordeal at the shop.

JorusFett
07-26-2005, 03:48 PM
My order shipped yesterday even though my tracking # and shipping conformation didn't arrive until today.
This is slated to arrive on Thursday for me.

AmanaMatt
07-27-2005, 08:28 PM
welcome to suckersville... population 5 billion.

I have lived in Suckerville a looonnnggg time! Just ordered the non-mint Leia....we'll see how non mint.

Did this fig come with a star case or just by itself?

richie894
07-27-2005, 09:02 PM
i got mine today, no blasters :-( must be same for everyone.

Jorge
07-28-2005, 10:08 AM
mine came with a weird shaped starcase. it sort of had a big booty at the bottom of the starcase, like it could accommodate a larger carded figure, but the figure didn't need it, from what i could see.

AmanaMatt
07-28-2005, 03:32 PM
mine came with a weird shaped starcase. it sort of had a big booty at the bottom of the starcase, like it could accommodate a larger carded figure, but the figure didn't need it, from what i could see.

Thanks for the info

JorusFett
07-28-2005, 08:29 PM
All the cases that came with the Holo Leia are for the ROTS figures. The two I have I swapped out the cases and used Star Case 1 for the Holo Leia and used the case that she came in for my ROTS figures.

rAge
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Mine came in today and I am about to throw a [censored] fit. The box was SMASHED and so was the figure inside. It was packed like [censored] and handled like [censored] and I didn't pay for a smashed figure. This is ridiculous.

The_Mike
07-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm starting to think passing on this figure was a good thing. I'm sorry everyone for all the problems you are encountering...

Habs98
07-29-2005, 02:02 PM
I received no blasters with mine also!!! Not that it mattered but the inside looks goofy with out anything there and the cutout for the blasters being empty.

YodaCollector
07-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Mine came in today and I am about to throw a [censored] fit. The box was SMASHED and so was the figure inside. It was packed like [censored] and handled like [censored] and I didn't pay for a smashed figure. This is ridiculous.

Same for me...smashed! Bah.

Jedi_Rainman
07-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Mine just came about 2 minutes ago. All I heard was a very light knock on my door upstairs and when I ran up to see who the heck it was, there was no one there? But I saw the box and cut the tape to find a figure with NO blasters. Even if she didn't have them as a hologram, they should either just left them in there or replaced the plastic insert. Also, the sticker on the bubble that says "Holographic Princess Leia" its at about a 35 degree angle...I guess thats Hasblos Kwality Kontrol for ya! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

gMt
07-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Guys, you must have your complaints heard by Hasbro. These horror stories of smashed packaging and poorly placed stickers, not to mention the re-use of a bubble from another figure (with no blasters!), only adds to the cheapness of using the wrong sculpt for this figure.

I am sooooo glad I didn't order one of these. For those of you that are disappointed and angry about this debacle, e-mail Hasbro and Star Wars Shop and let them know! The only way we can avoid further insults like this is to either A) not buy them (too late for that) or B) raise hell with them.

Darth_Big_Boy
07-30-2005, 10:16 AM
THERE ARE NO HOLO LEIA VARIATIONS (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94004)

Flex187ad
08-03-2005, 04:27 AM
Well in oz i just baught mine at teh local K-mart, it does indeed look stupid without the blasters but what can i say, i love teh exclusives