PDA

View Full Version : "Spirit" of Unleashed.

knightone
07-15-2005, 06:46 PM
"Unleashed Battle Packs of two-inch figures. Battle of Kashyyk contains two Wookie Warriors, Aayla Secura, and Yoda. The second set will be comprised of four Clone Commanders, different pauldrons. These pieces will be on shelves in December. 75% of the line are troop builders. $9.99 each. They will encompass the "spirit" of the Unleashed line. Wave two will consist of more Clone Troopers and Wookiee Warriors."

This is from GH's coverage of Hasbro's Star Wars Day. What do you all think of the comment about the new line encompassing the "spirit" of the Unleashed line? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rune_Haako
07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Aayla Secura was on Kashyyyk http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Madd_Hatter
07-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Aayla Secura was on Kashyyyk http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thats what I was thinking. Thought it was Luminari and Yoda.

Real_Scooby
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM

As holograph at the warmap

Rebel_Commander
07-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Im sure I'll still buy them but they will never compare to the regular Unleashed.

Outkast34
07-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I will not be buying these. I am highly disappointed with the hiatus of the Unleashed 7 inch line.

Real_Scooby
07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Mini Unleashed !!! Neat !

I think this is Hasbros answer to the Middle Earth Army figures.
Interresting move

Padawan311
07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I really cant believe this either, I am very disappointed with Hasbros decision. The 7" Unleashed figures are some of my favorites. Hasbro says they werent cost effective to make and werent selling well enough, I dont know where thats happening because all around me, they sell like crazy and most in the series have been very hard to find. They sure sell for high dollars on the secondary market, looks like a high demand for the figures to me.

Maybe the mini Unleashed figures will be cool and I may pick some up, but still, thats not a reason to quit making the 7" ones in place of the minis.

IrishJedi
07-16-2005, 11:32 AM
What do you all think of the comment about the new line encompassing the "spirit" of the Unleashed line? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I think it's just the usual lip service and pure B.S. from Hasbro. Seriously, who comes up with their PR stuff... 8th graders?

MEANS
07-16-2005, 11:33 AM
upon hearing the news of the unleashed lines demise i was very upset, Hasbro needs to know that this line got me and others to start their SW collections again. I do like the preiview pics that I have seen of these new smaller unleashed items, but until I see one in person I will still want the 7" line. There were sooooo many characters that could have had a place in the unleashed line.

Bane
07-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Hasbro can kiss the "spirit" of my backside.

Habs98
07-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Horrible idea, one of the best lines going for Hasbro and they're going to shut the door on it.

JediJones77
07-16-2005, 12:03 PM
I can see the difficulty of selling Unleashed at retail. Once I saw the Darth Sidious and Luke Jedi rereleases pegwarm and go to clearance at my Wal-Mart, I had to admit that Unleashed was definitely not a bonafide hit for Hasbro at retail. Appealing to collectors alone isn't enough to hack it at mass retailers. When the first shipment of something sells like crazy, stores expect to be able to order more right away and see them continue to sell well, not for sales to stop suddenly because collectors got all their fill. But that's what tends to happen when stores order a lot of an Unleashed wave. That's the difference between how, say, electronic lightsabers sell and how Unleashed sells.

Most figures in the line have either been pegwarmers and had to be clearanced or sold out so fast you never saw them. Few have shipped just the right amount. The problem is there is virtually no interest at all from casual buyers to pick up the slack when a wave is overshipped. So Hasbro's only answer would be to undership them which would still cheese off collectors since they'd be so hard to find.

However, if Hasbro chose these to be online, direct market, or other kind of exclusives, it would make a lot more sense. That's the only sensible way to distribute this kind of line. But Hasbro would probably claim they could never sell enough that way to justify new tooling, which I'll never believe since companies like NECA, Mezco, etc. produce lots of brand new figures just for the direct market. A raise in prices would be a necessity. Masters of the Universe Staction figures are $20 at Suncoast and are essentially the same product, scale, size, construction, target market, etc. as Unleashed.

I think Star Wars fans would gladly pay $20 for new quality Unleashed, maybe even $25. But they'd have to be good sculpts (no Aayla Securas) and no dud characters. I don't know that this line could extend all the way into Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Hammerhead, Imperial admirals, all of Leia's costumes, or even Lando. Certainly Hasbro would be successful with characters like Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, ESB Fett, 3PO and R2, Leia ANH, Luke ANH, but there probably aren't that many more solid releases they could come up with.

Looking over the list, over a 3rd of the Unleashed figure releases pegwarmed in my area. A lot of the ones that did sell out were drastically undershipped so there was almost no chance they wouldn't sell out. If shipped in greater quantity some of those would have surely pegwarmed too like Aurra Sing and IG-88 and the ones that were rereleased later and did pegwarm then...

Around here, these Unleashed pegwarmed and most of them went to clearance or stopped new waves from being ordered:
Darth Maul
Jango
Padme
Anakin
Luke X-Wing
Luke Jedi (2nd card)
Darth Sidious (2nd card)
Obi-Wan (2nd card)
Aayla Secura
Tusken Raider
Bossk
Anakin ROTS
Obi-Wan ROTS

These ones shipped in about the right amounts and sold out gradually before the next waves hit:
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Clone Trooper
Clone Trooper (red)
Darth Tyrannus (2nd card)
Mace Windu (2nd card)
Princess Leia (2nd card)
General Grievous

These ones sold so fast they could almost never be found:
Darth Vader (1st card)
Darth Tyrannus (1st card)
Mace Windu (1st card)
Darth Vader Unmasked
Princess Leia (1st card)
Obi-Wan (1st card)
Luke (1st card)
Darth Sidious (1st card)
Boba Fett
Yoda
Darth Vader (2nd card)
Aurra Sing
IG-88
Stormtrooper

Seize9
07-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks, but no thanks. Nice try though. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DBcollectstoys
07-16-2005, 11:40 PM
What do you all think of the comment about the new line encompassing the "spirit" of the Unleashed line? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I think it's just the usual lip service and pure B.S. from Hasbro. Seriously, who comes up with their PR stuff... 8th graders?

probably....no really...I think they do surveys in elementary schools

Kneel_Before_Zod
07-17-2005, 12:11 AM
I'll pass.

A year from now when they realize these 2" figures are pegwarming junk they'll bring back the 7" line.

jediriccan
07-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I'll pass.

A year from now when they realize these 2" figures are pegwarming junk they'll bring back the 7" line.

God I hope so. I am soooo gonna miss the reg line....

Rune_Haako
07-17-2005, 06:00 AM
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93815

Mostly army builders, there are plans for 13 sets for 2006, featuring characters from all 6 Star Wars films. The sets break down as follows:

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody, General Grievous, Destroyer Droid
Obi-Wan's Attack Battalion

Battle Droids
Utapaun Warriors
Aayla's Starcorp
Yoda, Tarfful, Chewbacca, Gree
Yoda's Elite Corp
Wookiee Warriors

Hoth Rebel Soldiers
Han Solo & Tauntaun
Snow Troopers

Darth Vader, Han Solo, Princess Leia, C-3PO
Snowtroopers
Luke Skywalker & Wampa

This list may change over time. Stay tuned for more updates.

GNT
07-18-2005, 03:52 AM
So we don't end up with to many threads dedicated to this line please continue in the "2" Unleashed Discusion Thread" :)