PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow lifesize statutes?

jdough
07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Given Sideshow's unveiling of a lifesize Terminator statue at SDCC, how long do you think it'll be before they release the first lifesize Star Wars statue?

Brent72
07-14-2005, 08:27 PM
They may pick up where Don Post and Rubies left off years ago. I don't think they'll ever be able to top the Don Post Boba Fett life-size statue(the coolest life-size statue ever), but I'm sure they could put out some pretty cool figures. I doubt they would copy any of the previously done life-size figures by Don Post, Rubies and Pepsi/Frito Lay so that means they wouldn't need to do the following:

Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Stormtrooper
C-3PO
R2-D2
Yoda
Han Solo in Carbonite
Darth Maul
Jar Jar(as if anyone would want another Jar Jar anyway)
Little Anakin(see above)

Who does that leave that would be a big seller in life-size form?

BigDumbWookiee
07-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Keep in mind, Sideshow isn't actually making the lifesize Terminator statue, Lucas Francis Studios is. Spectral Motion is creating the Maul bust. Now that doesnt mean it wont happen, but I wouldn't consider Sideshow's selling a lifesize Terminator as any sign whatsoever of them possibly making lifesize Star Wars characters.

jdough
07-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm hoping that they'll take it up though if the 1:1 busts and lifesize Terminator sell well. Of course, it means I'd pretty much have to forgo basically any other prop/statute/collectible/figures that I wanted for at least a year to get one, but I'm thinking it would be worth it. I've always wanted a Han Solo in Carbonite for instance, but pictures of it haven't really impressed me. The Don Post stuff on the other hand is pretty impressive, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Prequel era stuff.

Brent72
07-14-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm hoping that they'll take it up though if the 1:1 busts and lifesize Terminator sell well. Of course, it means I'd pretty much have to forgo basically any other prop/statute/collectible/figures that I wanted for at least a year to get one, but I'm thinking it would be worth it. I've always wanted a Han Solo in Carbonite for instance, but pictures of it haven't really impressed me. The Don Post stuff on the other hand is pretty impressive, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Prequel era stuff.

I agree with you on the Han Solo in Carbonite. I've had two chances this month to get one and passed on both of them. I just don't think it looks that good(especially for the money). I've actually seen a couple of fan made ones in the past that look better than the official Illusive Concepts release. The Don Post and Rubies statues, however, are absolutely amazing! There was a Don Post Fett on display at Celebration III that constantly had a crowd of people around it just gawking in disbelief of how cool it was. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

michael_mensinger
07-14-2005, 09:38 PM
I owned one of the life-size Illusive Concepts Han in Carbonites for a few years and always thought the detail was very nice. In the end, space considerations and a desire to transform it into money for vintage pre-production items led me to sell it.

-Mike

Brent72
07-14-2005, 09:58 PM
I owned one of the life-size Illusive Concepts Han in Carbonites for a few years and always thought the detail was very nice. In the end, space considerations and a desire to transform it into money for vintage pre-production items led me to sell it.

-Mike

Mike,

I don't think the Solo in Carbonite is bad(not by any stretch), but I always felt it could've been a little better. An especially nice touch would have been lighted panels on the side.

jdough
07-14-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm not saying it's bad either. I still want one, and will probably get one when I have a some extra cash and extra space. I just always thought that the sides in particular could have been better -- and for a couple of grand probably should light up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif