PDA

View Full Version : Bib Fortuna #003

Pages : [1] 2

Lady_Jaye
07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
And yet another one of my toy prayers answered, finally we will get a Bib Fortuna, that hopefully will be more film accurate!!! And with the success of the soft goods on the Jedi, they will use soft goods on Bib!!! Finally I can give my old one to my dog!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Darth_Broem
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Yes, this guy has been long overdue. Hopefully it turned out nice.

Seize9
07-12-2005, 06:30 PM
With the OTC line, it was either the slave Leia or the Bib Fortuna for me(since if I'm not mistaken they both had the same card background), so I ended up picking the Leia and passing on the Bib... which after reading yesterdays news I'm real glad I did! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lady_Jaye
07-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes, this guy has been long overdue. Hopefully it turned out nice.

I so hope, becuase I think this will be the finaly version to come out in a long, long time!!!

Oh and hopefully some more wacked out figures will get redone as well!! Cough cough Uncle Owen, R5-D4, Dr Evezan!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Maynard
07-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, it would be really nice if Hasbro devoted a part of this line to re-doing some of the really aweful sculpts from way back. A lot have already been done I know(e.g. Lando, X-Wing Luke, Lando Skiff,etc), but there are others that do need it.
Incidentally, I too, was on the fence about the OTC Bib, so this is a nice way to make the decision for me.
I bought a few of the repaints-Tusken Raider, Jawas, Vader Hoth, but some of the others I just saw no reason to--Boba, Greedo, Luke X-Wing. I made my decisions on how much difference it actually made in viewing the figure in, say, a diorama. Bib was quite different from the original one, the only problem though was that I thought the original one was the better of the two paintjobs.

lando_kabob
07-14-2005, 12:10 AM
i hope this one finally has articulated head tails. i've been waiting 22 years.

Darth_Tedious
07-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't remember where i read it. Here or at GH or Mouse Droid, but it is a repack. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dark_Jedi
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't remember where i read it. Here or at GH or Mouse Droid, but it is a repack. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

That's what rebelscum originally said, now they say it's definantly a new scuplt.

heres the article:

New OTC (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93695)

Darth_Tedious
07-14-2005, 03:51 PM
WOW! Thanks for that. Now I'm excited again after that Wedge letdown!

TT8L
07-15-2005, 02:55 AM
Of all the figures that nead full treatment, Bib Fortuna was not one I was personally hoping for. They hit the nail on the head w/ POTF and I am content with that one. The OTC re-paint was very nice, but I customize everything so the cliber of the sculpt is all I look for and, sure a little more poseability might be nice, but I don't "play" with my figures I just pose them occasionaly. That's just how I roll. I hope they don't go after figures like the Gammorean Guard, Pote Snitkin or Ishi Tib next because a lot of the old figures still are exceptional in my eyes.. I'm dying to see a decent version of figures that got stiffed Yak Face, Garindin etc. I am also really excited to see if the new Leia will be a re-sculp, though ::fingers crossed::

Darth_Tedious
07-15-2005, 08:31 AM
The paintjob on the OTC version is fine, but the sculpt is too beefy. I am looking forward to a less roided Fortuna. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lady_Jaye
07-15-2005, 11:43 AM
No way was the original Bib right on the head!!! He was way too big, the poncho was ugly as sin. Sorry to be so adament, but I hated that Bib so much, and loved the original vinty one so much!!!

Michael_Knight
07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I can't wait to see this guy reincarnated into a new sculpt.

GNT
07-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks like we'll be seeing this figure afterall.

Real_Scooby
07-16-2005, 10:50 AM

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/hasbro/hasbro_presentation/IMG_0486.jpg

OMG, looks soooooo awesome. I suddenly have those memories of my vintage Bib in my mind...

Definatly an improvement over the POTF2

Kad
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I am DEFINETELY seeing softgoods on this guy. His black robe and the blue underneath it definetely look like fabric. Sweet.

Seize9
07-16-2005, 11:02 AM
NICE!!!!!! http://forum.electroalliance.net/images/smiles/shocked.gif

E_CHU_TA
07-16-2005, 11:15 AM
yeah this guy can be incredible looking if they do it well.

now for r5-d4 and the wolfman.

EeChooTaa
07-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Look great from what I can, really looking forward to clear pics. Glad they redid him.

Dark_Jedi
07-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Glad to see one of my favorite vintage figures get done right! From what I can tell, the under robe looks cloth, but I'm not sure about the outer robe. The bottom looks like plastic to me. Oh well, either way he'll rock.

CommanderRedd
07-16-2005, 01:09 PM

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/hasbro/hasbro_presentation/IMG_0486.jpg

OMG, looks soooooo awesome. I suddenly have those memories of my vintage Bib in my mind...

Definatly an improvement over the POTF2

That's cool. It's better than the POTF2

Blight
07-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Looks very close to source material. Very nice. I'll get this one! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CJHawk
07-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Wow, that looks great. I can't wait for this guy. This makes up for the chunky POTF2 version. If that version would have been slimmer it may stilll have been a good looking figure today, but alas it was far to fat.

Lady_Jaye
07-16-2005, 06:02 PM
NICE!!!!!! http://forum.electroalliance.net/images/smiles/shocked.gif

What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, what an action figure!!!! I love it!!! I must have this now!!!!!!!

Blight
07-16-2005, 06:15 PM
he looks like the dentist visist variant. See his mouth?

magillafett
07-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Oh ****! I used the search feature, and this didn't come up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Why didn't it work?

MOOGLY
07-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Looks alot better than the previous ones.

Zombie_F_Body
07-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I hope Hasbro consentrates on new sculpts to some of the bad older ones and re-release the good ones that they got right so they can make more money to put towards better/new sculpts and offer guys like me that just got back into the game the chance to get some of the older great figures without making a car payment for the local specialty shop owner. Like the POTJ X-Wing Luke and Stormtroopers. They were good enough for the OTC line so bring them back. What I would love to see is the good re-hashes be supplemented into the new line and not take the place of newer figures. So if 66 figures are planned I would like to see 66 new sculpts and a dozen or so re-hashes that won't go towards the total count. I know I'm dreaming but that would rock.

MisterKenobi
07-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Bib Fortuna sucks. There's way better figures to resculpt, but I guess he's a start. I think the POTF2 version was just dandy for a static and useless character.

JediJones77
07-16-2005, 09:39 PM
They definitely should have waited to make this figure. We just had a Bib last year and it's still pegwarming in some places. The improvement on this one is not that great, just a little better job on the robes without them as a solid piece. Those robes are not soft goods, just look at the definition and ridges in them. How many Basic figures has Hasbro been releasing with soft goods robes now or ever before? Not many. Why couldn't we have gotten a Jabba's Palace version of Ishi Tib in this wave instead? Could have used the old head to save some money too on that one.

DouglasMcc
07-16-2005, 09:50 PM
The OTC Bib is pegwarming because it was crap.. just a repaint of a POTF2 sculpt. A new one WILL sale. Now, give me Sev and the main character clone from Republic Commandos (heck, I want to be greedy.. give me all 4) and I will be happy.

E_CHU_TA
07-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Bib Fortuna sucks. There's way better figures to resculpt, but I guess he's a start. I think the POTF2 version was just dandy for a static and useless character.

mat i really dont understand you, i know you like the PT more, i know you think ephantmon is the worst figure ever and that no background characters should be bothered with, and you would be happy to buy the same boring handful of lead characters over and over again.
and i honestly feel sorry for you because you have an uncontrolable desire to buy every figure made even though you dont like half of them.

i personally love the background characters more, the leads seem to be seldomly done well, and i have never bought have of them because of bad molds or whatever, so be happy for me that i get to finally buy my first bib since like 83..

JediJones77
07-16-2005, 10:18 PM
A lot of Cantina and Jabba's aliens have been pegwarmers, not because of the sculpts but because they just aren't big name or army building characters. I'm not saying an Ishi Tib would sell better than a new Bib. But I would like to see at least one new character or costume in these new sculpt OT waves. Nothing but resculpts gets boring to me. There was a time back in late POTF2 and POTJ that people would complain about getting constant resculpts rather than new characters. Nowadays people seem to have accepted this and inexplicably to me get thrilled about minorly improved resculpts of characters we already have. My favorite OT figures of recent years have been J'Quille, Ephant Mon, Dodonna, Antilles, Imperial Dignitaries, Madine...I want more choices like these and not a resculpt just because this new version can have a cut elbow joint the older one didn't, a narrower leg stance, or a strip of gray on the belt corrected to be silver or whatever. Bib is a boring, ugly (and not in a good monstrous Ephant Mon-like way) character with an adequate sculpt out there and didn't deserve any new attention yet, especially in this kind of wide, line-launching release. I hate the way Hasbro seems to treat him like he's seem kind of main, key Jabba's palace character when most people would be happier with a background alien that looks cooler and is less humanoid and more alien-like. I didn't like the Bib character or figure as a kid, even though the figure had a great cloth robe that blows away the ones Hasbro does today, and I don't like it now.

Dark_Jedi
07-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey, Bib WAS a pivotal character! Without him, someone else would have had to open that big ol' door! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyways, Bib rocks. Just cause you personally don't like him doesn't mean everyone else thinks he sucks. He's always been a fan favorite and I'm very happy to see him getting a GOOD sculpt. The first one was unacceptable, even by the standards back then.

Darth_Tedious
07-17-2005, 07:57 AM
A lot of Cantina and Jabba's aliens have been pegwarmers, not because of the sculpts but because they just aren't big name or army building characters. I'm not saying an Ishi Tib would sell better than a new Bib. But I would like to see at least one new character or costume in these new sculpt OT waves. Nothing but resculpts gets boring to me. There was a time back in late POTF2 and POTJ that people would complain about getting constant resculpts rather than new characters. Nowadays people seem to have accepted this and inexplicably to me get thrilled about minorly improved resculpts of characters we already have. My favorite OT figures of recent years have been J'Quille, Ephant Mon, Dodonna, Antilles, Imperial Dignitaries, Madine...I want more choices like these and not a resculpt just because this new version can have a cut elbow joint the older one didn't, a narrower leg stance, or a strip of gray on the belt corrected to be silver or whatever. Bib is a boring, ugly (and not in a good monstrous Ephant Mon-like way) character with an adequate sculpt out there and didn't deserve any new attention yet, especially in this kind of wide, line-launching release. I hate the way Hasbro seems to treat him like he's seem kind of main, key Jabba's palace character when most people would be happier with a background alien that looks cooler and is less humanoid and more alien-like. I didn't like the Bib character or figure as a kid, even though the figure had a great cloth robe that blows away the ones Hasbro does today, and I don't like it now.

You might not like him, and that's too bad, but a lot of us have been waiting for a proper Bib sculpt. He's one of my personal fav's from ROTJ.

MadPerry
07-17-2005, 08:30 AM
You might not like him, and that's too bad, but a lot of us have been waiting for a proper Bib sculpt. He's one of my personal fav's from ROTJ.

i'm right there with you on that. jabba and his minions are at the top of my faves list and the original bib doesn't hold up very well to more recent figures. i may have to get 2. one for my ROTJ dio, and one to stand beside my episode 1 spitting jabba. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zombie_F_Body
07-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Yup, Bib was one of my favorite vintage figures as a kid. I like my POTF2 one fine, so I don't know if I will be picking this one up. More than likely I will. Heck, I have most of the older versions of the figures proposed for this first wave so I more than likely will get all of them and leave the older ones in the various dios I have them in and display the newer ones separately with the rest of the my collection.

CJHawk
07-17-2005, 02:35 PM

I do agree with you that the six figures from the Carkoon wave are really missing something never seen before. I would have gladly traded out the Han Carbonite for a Hermi Olde or Sgt. Doallyn, for isntance. But in the case of Bib I am thrilled to see an improved version. My take on resculpts of exisiting figures is that they are welcome whenever Hasbro can greatly improve on an existing version. For instance, the improvement from on the Land Skiff from POTF2 to saga was incredible. On the other hand, I always rather see new things than barbie-fied figures that have been slightly changed or marginally improved. For instance, most of the Luke Tatooines have been pretty consistent since the Luke Blastshield.

Lady_Jaye
07-19-2005, 04:11 AM
mat i really dont understand you, i know you like the PT more, i know you think ephantmon is the worst figure ever and that no background characters should be bothered with, and you would be happy to buy the same boring handful of lead characters over and over again.
and i honestly feel sorry for you because you have an uncontrolable desire to buy every figure made even though you dont like half of them.

i personally love the background characters more, the leads seem to be seldomly done well, and i have never bought have of them because of bad molds or whatever, so be happy for me that i get to finally buy my first bib since like 83..

Ahh pay no mind to him, he's not happy if he's not *****in about something!!! I love the backgroud characters too, but really Bib wasn't one!!! He was Jabba's majodomo and second in command. That and the POTF was the worst figure, next to missle up his butt R5-D4, who we need a resculpt as well!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Daigo_Bah
07-19-2005, 08:11 AM
I am DEFINETELY seeing softgoods on this guy. His black robe and the blue underneath it definetely look like fabric. Sweet.

He looks fantastic, but I don't think there is much, if any, soft goods here. His robe sculpt reminds me of the Neimodian guys' sculpt, especially Ep 1 Rune Haako. The folds are too good for it to be real cloth hanging like that I think.

zorbus
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
AS I've said before, the background characters are what flesh out the SW universe and make it convincing. Can you imagine if George thought, aliens suck, so do non-speaking characters! I'm gonna make a star spanning space fantasy with ONLY humans who have speaking parts! What a boring #$*@ movie!!!!
Every time an action figure that is not LUKEHANBENANAKINLEIA gets made, it stands as a tribute to the exhaustive/creative design process that ILM goes through to bring these characters to life, or the great job done by the actor portraying these peripheral characters!
Why do I like Bib Fortuna anyways? Because Michael Carter did an awesome job playing a sleazy alien gangster in one of my favorite movies ever. Also, he's one of the coolest aliens I've ever seen! For all the Bib naysayers, if Bib's not your speed, you need to go back to Star Trek where every 'alien' is some human looking rube in a velour track suit with an extra couple of bumps on his nose or forehead.
Now, why do I want a new Bib Fortuna figure? Firstly, because the POTF2 version sucked bum, it had a static pose, the outer robe was also the inner robe and had giant cuts up both sides so it could be put on the figure, which looked absolutely horrible, it also looked like crap on top of that. Bib's been on my resculpt list since the day I bought the original. Bib and R5-D4 are basically the two holdovers from POTF2 that still haven't been redone, now I'm down to one, yay for me.
BTW, that new Bib knocked my socks off when I saw that blurry little imaqe. He's got at least 6 new points of articulation for sure, (elbows, knees, wrists), an incredible new outer robe, possibly a soft goods inner robe from the waist down, an incredible headsculpt and an overall more realistic appearance. This is easily going to be one of my fave figures ever, and that list is getting bigger all the time with theVOTC/ OTC resculpts!

Rik
07-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow I only just noticed that knife stashed in his belt. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Better than that weird hold out blaster the last version had. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lady_Jaye
07-19-2005, 04:42 PM
AS I've said before, the background characters are what flesh out the SW universe and make it convincing.

I wholeheartedly agree!!!

You know I have to say, every time I come to the scum I have to come see the Bib pic, that thing is a piece of art!!! Finally after almost 8 years, since the last POS Bib Fortuna was released we get the quintecenntial version!!! Thank you Hasbro.

Boushh
07-19-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm thrilled to see Bib resculpted...and VERY WELL to boot!! I'm already more than impressed with the initial pics of the Carkoon wave. Hopefully, as new pic surface, they will continue to impress and excite me. I guess sometimes Hasbro can get things done right, even if it is at the expense of another successful line(Unleashed....I'll mourn you forever). I love background characters, especially when they are done well like so many have been; however, there are times when an updated resculpt is called for. Bib, Leia Boushh, and Han Carbonite were all due for one.

AmanaMatt
07-20-2005, 10:50 AM
I have always said it: Figs released in non-movie years always look better than movie years - Hasbro's talent is not spread as thin - I never wanted a new Bib, as the old one looked good to me, but I am glad Hasbro is making a new one, as that pic looks awsome - I love the facial expression. He's still Fat, though (just kidding!)

E_CHU_TA
07-21-2005, 07:52 AM

Ahh pay no mind to him, he's not happy if he's not *****in about something!!! I love the backgroud characters too, but really Bib wasn't one!!! He was Jabba's majodomo and second in command. That and the POTF was the worst figure, next to missle up his butt R5-D4, who we need a resculpt as well!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

its just a news of the weird kind of thing.
he is the only person i see on the boards thats in the same city as me, and he is also the person i see that of all the people on here that is like the most unbelieveble complete and absolute opposite of me.
hes helped me out before, i just wish i could find a searching buddy in town.

sambuca
10-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Has anyone overseas got these yet? With the final ROTS showing up in US now, it would seem like some Phillipines or China fans would already be finding these, or at least scoring factory copies, or something. I'm really surprised there haven't at least been carded pics of this whole wave.

Yoda4501
10-03-2005, 10:22 PM
It would be nice to see some pics of whats coming out. They still need a perfect Bib figure. He deserves the VOTC look IMO.

Bib_Fortuna
10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
OMG I CANNOT WAIT TILL THIS FIGURE COMES OUT!!! ITS GONNA BE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT SUCKY PotF one, This ones not as Fat and big headed, this one actually looks like him!
I love the open mouth!

Bib_Fortuna
10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
I dont think it looks like Soft Goods though....(im happy for that)

Seize9
10-04-2005, 12:56 AM
The anticipation for this figure (and the Saga of 06 line in general) is killing me as well.

I really hope I don't end up dissapointed with the final product!

So far it looks like I won't...

david_kay
10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Finally I can give my old one to my dog!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hahahhah, i gave my dog a battle droid once, he ate the whole thing in like 15 minutes(he's a chihuahua so that was pretty fast for his size)

r2_jenn2
10-04-2005, 10:49 PM
i love the detail. this one is a must have. he also looks great (not to mention).

Bib_Fortuna
10-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I already made a thread about this but does he have Cloth cloak?? I cant tell (I hope not he looks better in plastic)

The pic looks plastic and it looks cool but some ppl are sayin its cloth?

Seize9
10-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I hope it's cloth http://forum.electroalliance.net/images/smiles/icon_exclaim.gif

GNT
10-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Cloth robes? Iv seen the picture and it looks plastic but ppl are saying itll be cloth. I hope its Plastic cuz I do not like cloth robes. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

thanx

I like cloth rovbes when done right. Plastic limits what a figure can do. Cloth looks better IMO. Bib still needs a great figure and one with cloth.

I just want it to be plastic cuz i dont open my figures, and if its cloth it wont look that good in its package...

I just want it to be plastic cuz i dont open my figures, and if its cloth it wont look that good in its package...

http://forum.electroalliance.net/images/smiles/headscratch.gif

lol I just noticed how odd my last post sounded, let me stat that again....

I dont like cloth figures b'cuz they look really puffy and fat, and I am gonna buy 2 so that means I wouldnt care if it was cloth in the box, but since im openin one, I would like it to be plastic http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The old cloth vs. plastic debate begins anew!

I hate cloth. While it was made far more tolerable in some of the ROTS figures, it's still sub-par as far as aesthetics. It just looks cheesy.

All plastic, all the time. (But glad to be getting a new Fortuna.)

Right now we dont know actually. But in 2 or 3 weeks we probably will get some better pictures of him and then we'll see. IMO it looks cloth though but you never know.

2-3 weeks do you think we will get a better pic that early??
I hope so!

Maybe earlier but I was just estimating...you know Hasbro. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

lol yea

I am really surprised nobody has this yet or any of this new wave. WHERE are the PICS?

GNT
10-06-2005, 03:04 AM
http://mousedroid.com/news/image/2006bibfortuna.jpg

From mousedroid!

stylie_steve
10-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Not sure about the snarling head sculpt but boy it is a massive improvment over what we have. Can't wait to add him to my collection!

CaptainJack
10-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Is that a knife in his hand? Interesting accessory.

GNT
10-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah looks like a dagger, more fitting then a blaster http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neal
10-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Is that a knife in his hand? Interesting accessory.

I was thinking the same thing. And for some odd reason, I really like the packaging. It's a nice combination of the OTC and ROTS card styles.

Darth_Tedious
10-06-2005, 08:25 AM
I think Hasbro did an incredible job on this one. Definitly the must-have of this wave. It's about time this character was done justice. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Neal
10-06-2005, 08:29 AM
I think Hasbro did an incredible job on this one. Definitly the must-have of this wave. It's about time this character was done justice. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree. The POTF2 version of this figure left a lot to be desired. The OTC repaint of the same sculpt was nice, but still not perfect. It looks like Hasbro finally nailed it on this one. I even like his facial expression. Some people will b*tch that his face doesn't look neutral enough, but I think it looks great.

Darth_Tedious
10-06-2005, 08:32 AM
I even like his facial expression. Some people will b*tch that his face doesn't look neutral enough, but I think it looks great.

Totally agree. At least in this small photo, the sculpt looks exactly like the picture on the package. The skin tone even matches.

Neal
10-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Totally agree. At least in this small photo, the sculpt looks exactly like the picture on the package. The skin tone even matches.

Exactly. I like the snarling face sculpt. It gives Bib a little bit of attitude. He was pretty much a ***** in the film. He could use some attitude.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Boushh
10-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Bring on this wave!! It's about time some new pics surfaced, and carded ones at that! I'm thoroughly impressed with Bib! I like the dagger instead of a blaster...much more appropriate indeed!

Neal
10-06-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm thoroughly impressed with Bib! I like the dagger instead of a blaster...much more appropriate indeed!

Yeah ... like Wormtongue in LOTR, Bib comes across as a guy who would have a dagger ... one that he could stab you in the back with.

Sompeetalay
10-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Now, this is Bib Fortuna http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif The dagger is featured in the 'Visual Dictionary'. I guess after all it's more fitting for Bib than the vintage staff which was never seen onscreen. Cool figure!

GamorreanGuard
10-06-2005, 09:14 AM
This figure is awesome. It is way better than the POTF2 version. And I am really digging the knife instead of a blaster as well. I can't wait to get him.

Dark_Destiny
10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
They should have given it a neutral facial expression.

Darth_Tedious
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM
They should have given it a neutral facial expression.

I knew that was coming. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Boushh
10-06-2005, 11:03 AM
I know that I prefer more neutral expressions on many figures, but the snarl is so good on Bib! I love it! The next couple of months will be long ones for me...I'm too excited to see these figures! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darth_Tedious
10-06-2005, 11:05 AM
I agree. That facial expression is just so... so... Fortuna... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boushh
10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
We're definitely in the same boat on this one, Tedious!

Seize9
10-06-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm very pleased with the final product.

Hopefully these will start showing up by December...really looking foward to them!

10-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Agreed! This figure looks amazing, and is a much-needed addition to my collection.

I think I'll replace my POTF2 Bib Fortuna entirely...

Darth_Tedious
10-06-2005, 11:43 AM
It's figures like these that inspire me to actually spend the time and effort to do a proper Jabba's palace diorama!

MisterKenobi
10-06-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't think we need another Bib Fortuna.

So passes MisterKenobi, former SW carded completist.

10-06-2005, 12:01 PM
It's figures like these that inspire me to actually spend the time and effort to do a proper Jabba's palace diorama!

Exactly!

I actually really like the facial expression; it's so much more interesting than a doll-like nuetral expression would be.

Bib_Fortuna
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
I LOVE IT!!! and I dont think its cloth!!! AND THE FACE IS AWSOME same with the Dagger!!!!

Habs98
10-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I like him, along with the background of the card. Bash it all you want, I'm sure whoever bashes this figure will at least buy 1.

10-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't think we need another Bib Fortuna.

So passes MisterKenobi, former SW carded completist.

Bib Fortuna (a memorable secondary character) was released on a POTF2 card, and then re-painted and released as a part of the OTC. So that's one re-paint of the first sculpt. This is a second sculpt, though. That's only two sculpts, three figures total. It would be odd if Bib Fortuna pushed you over the edge.

For example, Han Solo has been released five times in four years; not re-sculpted or re-painted, just re-packed on four different cards: POTF2, Saga, Hall of Fame, and OTC. I think the same figure was available with a collectable cup as well.

I would think that particular Han Solo would have disrupted your on-card completist collection more than two distinctly different sculpts of Bib Fortuna...

MisterKenobi
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Nah I'm just saying. I have many different carded versions of many different figures. I don't want another Bib because he's one of my least favorite characters. I am just not going completist this time.

I'll probably buy him after he goes on clearance after warming the pegs for 6 months.

Bib_Fortuna
10-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Yea! Im really exited about this figure, so far I have every Bib Figure (only PotF, Vintage, and OTC) and this one will complete it!!! (im a Fortuna fan!) Im really glad they re-sculpted him, the same sculpt didnt even look like him

Bib_Fortuna
10-06-2005, 12:27 PM
I think im gonna buy 2 when it comes out. One in the package and one to open!

10-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Fair enough. Maybe I took your post too literally.

At least there won't be another one of those Han Solo sculpts...For a while. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jediriccan
10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Now this is definitely one of the best Bib's I've seen. I was considering only collecting new figures period after I finish the ROTS line, but after taking a really good look at the up, and coming ones, I think my mind has changed, lol....

Victor_Von_Doom
10-06-2005, 01:22 PM
At first I wasn't too keen on his mouth being perpetually open, but after seeing the picture a couple more times I like it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif This is one of the best looking figures in this wave IMHO.

Darth_Anton
10-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I agree that he looks much better than his previous incarnation. I look forward to him.

10-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm all for getting figures that need to be made, or figures of characters which need(ed) to be remade, so this ones a good choice in my opinion.

Shouldn't need another Bib after this ones released, looks damn near perfect.

ObiWanJabroni
10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
This will probably be the only one I'll get of the new series of POC. Possibly the Han in Carbonite....maybe. I really like that they don't have his robe pointing out. Straight down is the way to go.

Inigo_Montoya
10-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Love the character, and this new sculpt is pure art.

For the open mouthed expression, just imagine him shouting "No-tcha!"

Also like the dagger. Don't think Jabba trusts Bib enough to carry a Blaster, and it's not exactly fitting for his profession.

A soft-goods Luke (Jabba's Palace) kind of fabric robe wold be a great nod to the vintage Bib.

When I saw his card's photo, I was awestruck like a child, said "yes!", and gave it two claps.

I mean the Big Man, and Herat! Straight out of the movie.
Beautiful. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Blight
10-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Looks incredible as far as sculpting and paint. Perfect. I love the new packages as well. The little holos are cool too.

Yoda4501
10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Im picking one of these up. Looks really cool. Bib needs a great figure and this one looks great in the picture.

elanmars
10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
i wish it came with interchangeable heads. i just don't like "screaming"/"talking" static figures (luke throne room duel is another one for example and the various mace windus).

i like the body of the figure though.

CJHawk
10-06-2005, 09:45 PM
A vast improvement over the POTF2 version. Although the snarling face looks a bit funky to me. I would have prefered a more nutral face, but I'm sure I will like this figure. And it may be one of those things that when I see it I will love the expression. From the phtos it looks like he has good arm articualtion.

I too love the dagger. Bib strikes me as the type of person that would carry a shiv.

GNT
10-07-2005, 03:37 AM
Loose picture (http://images.entertainmentearth.com//AUTOIMAGES/HS85770Alg.jpg) of Bib Fortuna http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Inigo_Montoya
10-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Now we know his robe's plastic, at least.

Turned out pretty well.

Bib_Fortuna
10-07-2005, 03:27 PM
YAAY im so happy its not cloth!

Asharad_Hett
10-08-2005, 05:30 PM
This is probably my favorite figure of the first wave of '06.

Inigo_Montoya
10-11-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/5002-005.jpg

Bib_Fortuna
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
OMG HOW COOOOOOL!!!!! IT LOOKS EVEN BETTER!!!!!!

EmperorPalpitate
10-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Hmmmm.... After taking a good look at this hi-rez pic, I'm starting to worry that Bib's arms are like those of the female tusken raider figure. It looks like the upper arms stop right above the elbow. Thought it was a shadow at first, but now it looks like our favorite major domo won't be able to lift his arms above his head. Hope I'm wrong.

Bib_Fortuna
10-11-2005, 06:17 PM
if you look at his side.... it looks like you can lift up his cape....so u just have to lift it to lift his arms

Daigo_Bah
10-11-2005, 08:07 PM
My goodness- this resculpt is everything I could have hoped for!

CJHawk
10-11-2005, 08:40 PM
The three new figures in this wave all look excellent. The new Bib is everything the old POTF2 Bib wasn't. The detail on the head is most impressive.

Yodajedi
10-11-2005, 08:54 PM
This looks really good. I can't wait to pick it up. (if I can ever find it)

Blight
10-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Why is his mouth open like that? It kind of detracts from the otherwise awesome sculpt

The_Truth
10-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I like his little knife.

GNT
10-12-2005, 04:25 AM
Looks alright to me, talk about a huge improvement over the old POTF version...thankgod we'll never have to see that one again hehehehe http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darth_Tedious
10-12-2005, 06:54 AM
This figure is awesome! So much detail in the face.

I'll bet the Carkoon Wave soon becomes known as the "Bib Wave."

demorathis
10-14-2005, 12:21 PM
if you look at his side.... it looks like you can lift up his cape....so u just have to lift it to lift his arms

Actually the arms end at the bicep...it's a cut joint, but it works fine next to the swivel elbow and the swivel wrists.
I have it =)
The head is removable like the stormtroopers, and as you prob'ly know, the knife also fits in the waistband,
but it is the best bib made to date -- one of my overall faves. =)

Krull
10-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Actually the arms end at the bicep...it's a cut joint, but it works fine next to the swivel elbow and the swivel wrists.
I have it =)
The head is removable like the stormtroopers, and as you prob'ly know, the knife also fits in the waistband,

I looking forward to this one most of the first TSCs. Looks great. The dagger's a nice touch as it was an actual movie prop, I think.

Bib_Fortuna
10-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Did you say "I have it"??? how is that possible??

demorathis
10-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Did you say "I have it"??? how is that possible??

I bought it from a dealer who had a couple of sets -- he always gets stuff really early -- it was obviously more than retail so I only got the one I wanted... but boushh looked killer--mine came with a sidious hologram--he has a lightsaber, but it looks like a roj sidious (no cane)

Bib_Fortuna
10-14-2005, 12:43 PM
do you have a camera??? can you take pix of them!!??? like boussh without her helmet!???

demorathis
10-14-2005, 12:44 PM
I have it =)

I looking forward to this one most of the first TSCs. Looks great. The dagger's a nice touch as it was an actual movie prop, I think.

wow...was the knife a prop-- ? How do you know?

Bib_Fortuna
10-14-2005, 12:46 PM
can you take them??

Krull
10-14-2005, 12:48 PM
wow...was the knife a prop-- ? How do you know?

It's on page 46 of the SW Visual Dictionary pictured with Bib.

I bought it from a dealer who had a couple of sets -- he always gets stuff really early -- it was obviously more than retail so I only got the one I wanted... but boushh looked killer--mine came with a sidious hologram--he has a lightsaber, but it looks like a roj sidious (no cane)

Mind if I ask what you paid for it? Can I get contact info for your dealer? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bib_Fortuna
10-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Yea what he said!^^^^^^^

demorathis
10-14-2005, 01:25 PM
honestly I don't know the guys name, but he sells consignent items in los angeles

Bib_Fortuna
10-14-2005, 01:37 PM
so can I order items or do I have to pick em up??

demorathis
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
so can I order items or do I have to pick em up??

You can order, if someone's got em', but it is a consignment store, not a typical retailer. They can mail it to you as long as they've got it -- if they don't have it you can check in with them from time to time.
I guess you can ask them to call you if something comes in, but they get swamped with thse kinds of requests, I'd just try to call in or see if they could find out anything from a particular dealer.

demorathis
10-14-2005, 01:49 PM
they're in los angeles county

Bib_Fortuna
10-14-2005, 01:50 PM
o ok thanx!

Galvatron397
10-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Well it seems I'll start with the best. I've never had a bib fortuna before but I always wanted one so I guess this is my lucky break huh? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bib_Fortuna
10-17-2005, 02:06 AM
I cant wait to add him to my collection! he looks soooo good....im actually gonna buy 2 when they come out so I can open one and keep one packaged!

Gothiczartan
10-17-2005, 04:06 AM
see picture below*

we need a Bib Fortuna figure from TPM!

GNT
10-17-2005, 06:46 AM
All in good time.

Darth_Tedious
10-17-2005, 08:07 AM
The only thing that has been bugging me is what is this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Tedious1/BibHand.jpg

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

GNT
10-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Good eyes, maybe he had an extra finger on the right hand none of us knew about http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darth_Tedious
10-17-2005, 08:20 AM
That would be cool.

I have a feeling it's an extra piece of plastic to hold the kife in his hand, but why paint it his skin tone instead of the glove colour?

Bib_Fortuna
10-17-2005, 12:06 PM
o wow I cant believe i didnt see that!! wow it looks really ugly now....I still like the figure...just not that extra finger.

UNIT01
10-17-2005, 11:38 PM
You guys ever heard of putty?

Sev
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Might get him if he looks cool. 1 picture can't determine that.

Inigo_Montoya
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Still undecided?:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/5002-005.jpg

Sev
10-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Still undecided?:
see picture above*

Yes actually. lol I kinda wanna see his accessories and his articulation.

Neal
10-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Yes actually. lol I kinda wanna see his accessories and his articulation.

Well, that picture shows you both quite well.
Make a decision now, dammit!

demorathis
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
The only thing that has been bugging me is what is this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Tedious1/BibHand.jpg

That extra finger thing does not exist on the actual figure
I think it was a forethought that wound up being un-necessary...it holds the dagger just fine without it...

Bib_Fortuna
10-21-2005, 03:50 PM
ooo thanx for tellin me!! i was gettin afraid that this figure wasnt gonna be Perfect....but now it is!!

morpheus
10-21-2005, 05:38 PM
This is a big improvement over the POTF2 version, but I can't help being a little disappointed by the open-mouth sculpt. Assuming I can find the figure, though, I'll be picking one up.

Krull
10-21-2005, 05:41 PM
This is a big improvement over the POTF2 version, but I can't help being a little disappointed by the open-mouth sculpt. Assuming I can find the figure, though, I'll be picking one up.

It looks fantastic, man!

Bib_Fortuna
11-01-2005, 02:37 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TSC003bib2-tn.jpg (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TSC003bib2.jpg)

His mouth looks REALLY good!! its not all that open...it also looks different from the other pics!!

IM DEFINATLY GETTING 2 OF THESE!!!

DSIILuke
11-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Great pic, def. picking one up http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Luke_Skywalker77
11-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Why is Bib holding a shank?

Mr_Almeida
11-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Why is Bib holding a shank?

You can't go wrong with a shank. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Seriously though, I think it's a pretty cool accessory for him. Can't you picture Bib using one?

Bib_Fortuna
11-02-2005, 02:19 AM
I LOVE his dagger!! it looks soooo good in his hands!

GNT
11-02-2005, 03:51 AM
The plastic robe doesn't bother me much, after years of waiting it's nice to have an accurate looking figure. The old one I can now trash http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Inigo_Montoya
11-02-2005, 03:52 AM
How do you trash a Bib figure?

GNT
11-02-2005, 03:56 AM
Throw away, destroy, blow up, customise or whatever I want to do with him http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bluesparrow
11-02-2005, 07:20 AM
How anyone can see a figure like this and still think badly of Hasbro is beyond me. They rehash a lot but they're still giving us a good number of definitive figures. I mean after this do we need a new Bib Fortuna?

Daigo_Bah
11-02-2005, 10:18 AM
You're right about that. It's like saying we need a new Ephant Mon resculpt or something http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DarthBuff
11-02-2005, 10:59 AM
NO.

Bib_Fortuna
11-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I LOVE THIS FIGURE!! i think this one will be hard to find...everyones gonna want this one!

and yea the rescult is SOOO GOOD!!

im gonna customize my old bib figure (I have one in box, and 2 on display)

Bib_Fortuna
11-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I also hope that his lekku doesnt rip off like the old one

I hated that

mrmforceX
11-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Just got this figure today, and I hate to disappoint but the paint job did not turn out so great, and it's basically one big hunk of plastic.
The robe IS NOT a seperate peice and the articulation is limited to the swivel elbows, wrists, and head.
The Lekku are solid in the head.

Pics...... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib2.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib3.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib4.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib5.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib6.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib7.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib8.JPG

http://www.mrmforce.com/bib9.JPG

Enjoy!

JangoandBobaFett
11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Lucky!!!!!!!! I like Fetts so much and you got a hologram of him.

Luke_Skywalker77
11-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Can't you picture Bib using one?

Of course! Who could forget that great scene in ROTJ where Bib went up to Luke and stabbed him in the kidney for looking at him funny!? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bib_Fortuna
11-03-2005, 12:33 AM
OMG HOW CoooL!!!!!!!! tHANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THIS!!!!

GNT
11-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Hasbro should've made his Lekku bendable, how cool would that have been?

Bib_Fortuna
11-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Hasbro should've made his Lekku bendable, how cool would that have been?

Your soooo right! that wouldve been awsome!!

E_CHU_TA
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM
looks like exactly what i want, i prefer detail over articulation.
all he does is stand by jabba anyway.
i like it.

Bib_Fortuna
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
yea im the same way!! I dont even open my figures all that much...and i hate figures with LOTS of articulation, Like my ROTS Aayla Secura, shes on display right now..but she doesnt stand all that much cuz of all the bends in her legs!!

Bib_Fortuna
11-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I CANT wait till this one comes out!

BothanBurglecutt
11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=And with the success of the soft goods on the Jedi, they will use soft goods on Bib!!! [/quote]

Thanks for jinxing it, idiot!

Bib_Fortuna
11-09-2005, 08:21 PM
umm...its already plastic

BothanBurglecutt
11-09-2005, 10:39 PM
I know that. I'm just saying he said it would a cloth cape when it wasn't. I got all excited for nuttin...

Toonimator
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks for jinxing it, idiot!

I don't think that was called for at all. I THINK the soft-goods comment was based on a blurry photo from Comic-Con (if it wasn't simply meant as a "hope"), and I recall early photos being difficult to tell if the robes were sculpted or soft-goods, tho the way they "fell" it leaned more towards plastic (only life-size fabric robes could fall that way, not 3.75" scale).

In any case, there was no "jinxing"... Hasbro had this guy designed & sculpted long before July. It's POSSIBLE they designed Bib, Han, Leia, and even General Veers & Major Derlin for the OTC line, and had to postpone them for ROTS. They have a distinct late-Saga/OTC-era look to their sculpts & articulation.

So stop being so superstitious & insulting!

BothanBurglecutt
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm a big Bib fan, I'm sorry I got a little carried away. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bib_Fortuna
11-10-2005, 01:09 AM
I know how u feel...im a HUGE Bib fan...iv got every peice of merchindise...execpt this!!

GNT
11-10-2005, 03:22 AM
I would have prefered a cloth cape but plastic works alright on this Bib figure.

BothanBurglecutt
11-10-2005, 11:47 AM
It look great from the front, but I don't like the seperation lines on the back. That is exactly why I wanted the cloth cape.

DSIILuke
11-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Its, never-the-less, a good looking figure. Def. gonna grab one. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BothanBurglecutt
11-10-2005, 09:52 PM
It is a great looking figure. I like the way each figure from this Saga Collection line has its own back drop.

DSIILuke
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
It is a great looking figure. I like the way each figure from this Saga Collection line has its own back drop.

I do too. It's a definitive version, IMO, for Bib. I never thought he needed SA or anything.

Lord_Atmo
11-11-2005, 11:51 AM
sorry. somone delete this post. my computer screwed up >_<

Lord_Atmo
11-11-2005, 11:52 AM
this looks like a figure i'll have to pass on. look at his face. it's far too large and kinda looks deformed. though i thank hasbro for the inclusion of waist and elbow joints for this guy (not really something you need knees on. but he could really use neck, wrist, and shoulder joints) i just can't get a figure with that much of an inaccurate head sculpt. i swear i don't remember seeing him in ROTJ with lips THAT big

Krull
11-11-2005, 11:56 AM
i swear i don't remember seeing him in ROTJ with lips THAT big

That's the puffy sac under his chin.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Bib.jpg

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/1/11/180px-Bib.jpg

Lord_Atmo
11-11-2005, 11:58 AM
i know. but i can't put my foot on it. i swear that there's just something wrong with the head sculpt. the face is supposed to be wide, i know that. i think the problem is that it doesnt angle outward towards the top of the head, but rather is just fat-looking

mrmforceX
11-11-2005, 08:53 PM
this looks like a figure i'll have to pass on. look at his face. it's far too large and kinda looks deformed. though i thank hasbro for the inclusion of waist and elbow joints for this guy (not really something you need knees on. but he could really use neck, wrist, and shoulder joints) i just can't get a figure with that much of an inaccurate head sculpt. i swear i don't remember seeing him in ROTJ with lips THAT big

Actually, the scale is PERFECT! This is definately a dead on likeness to Bib. I was just not to happy with how the paint job came out and the fact that the cloak makes him one big chunk of plastic. There is NO waist articulation. Only articulation is at the neck, arms, elbows, and wrists. There are legs underneath, but they don't move.

However, do not let my "review" sway your thoughts on this figure, it is the BEST Bib thus far....

Krull
11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
There are legs underneath, but they don't move.

Damn.

A_Skywalker
11-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Thats one cool figure! The Holo is cool too!

Hyperdrive
11-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I was really looking forward to this one especially. Am I the only one who thinks that this figure stinks? The abdominal area of the figure and the expression don't look right to me. I really wanted this figure to be awesome but it doesn't deliver IMHO. No leg articulation is a bummer too.

Kad
11-12-2005, 09:24 AM
Pity this didn't turn out the way we hoped. Still, I guess it's good for dioramas and displays.

DSIILuke
11-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Pity this didn't turn out the way we hoped. Still, I guess it's good for dioramas and displays.

For Bib its a-ok in my book

Bib_Fortuna
11-13-2005, 03:29 AM
I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT!!!! i dont know how ppl dont...im gettin 2 cuz i want to make a Diorama, and keep one in its package..so i dont care about his articilation (SP). But i think he looks EXACTLY like the movie!

DSIILuke
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM

For Bib its a-ok in my book

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lord_Atmo
11-14-2005, 12:07 PM
so he DOES have shoulder joints? maybe it IS the paint that make him seem a bit goofy

mrmforceX
11-14-2005, 08:15 PM
NO shoulder joints. Just swivel elbow, and wrists.

Darth_Broem
11-14-2005, 08:52 PM
It's a very nice looking Bib Fortuna figure. I like the knife as well. It's much better than say a double barrelled blaster that is bigger than the figure itself.

Lord_Atmo
11-15-2005, 12:08 PM

LAME! knees he can do without. but he NEEDS shoulders. i can't believe how lazy hasblow's getting...

Bib_Fortuna
11-15-2005, 03:51 PM
so basicly hes just a hunk of plastic???

good thing hes my fav character...i wouldnt get this if he didnt look so cool!

Rune_Haako
11-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Instant Pegwarmer

Kyle_Katarn
11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
I like the figure, but I think it needs to have more features. I also like the holo, it's cool.

indysolo007
11-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow you are all right, he is going to suck because he is not super articulated. Now it will be so hard to recreate the many battle poses of Bib Fortuna, like when he fought the Rancor..o wait, I meant when he wrestled that Gammorean, no that wasnt him. In fact, all I remember him doing in the movie was standing there. In short, this figure is perfect. Some figures just don't need every joint articulated, this is one of them. Final battle Luke is another story.

DSIILuke
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Wow you are all right, he is going to suck because he is not super articulated. Now it will be so hard to recreate the many battle poses of Bib Fortuna, like when he fought the Rancor..o wait, I meant when he wrestled that Gammorean, no that wasnt him. In fact, all I remember him doing in the movie was standing there. In short, this figure is perfect. Some figures just don't need every joint articulated, this is one of them. Final battle Luke is another story.

I agree with that. Bib doesn't need to be SA to be a great figure. This figure, IMO, is a perfect likeness and accurate Bib, I wont need another one (ever). And God bless you on ur final duel luke comment! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lady_Jaye
11-16-2005, 02:06 PM
So you got em already?? Where?? Overseas distibutor???

When is this first wave of the new line supposed to hit the states??

Oh and I'll be getting two, one to keep carded and one for my Jabba's Palace dio!!

indysolo007
11-16-2005, 02:12 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/IMG]

I didnt mean to sound so sarcastic, but I just hate when people start ripping a perfectly good figure apart. Some figures need SA, as DSIILuke will agree, need perfect articulation. For example any Jedi, Trooper, or character in battle. But c'mon who needs an SA Lobot or Chancellor Valorum, these figures should just have near perfect scults.

Bib_Fortuna
11-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I love this figure...I wasnt rippin on it...I just said hes a hung of plastic...I like that!!....I was only speakin for some person above http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Count_Cooku
11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I think this figure will be great for parts for a twilek jedi.

Lord_Atmo
11-17-2005, 09:42 AM

SA? no. shoulder joints? yes. what, you don't remember when he bent over and tried to extract that message from R2-D2? you kinda NEED shoulders for that. everything below the waist can be static posed for all i care, but the failure to add shoulders was too far. does he even have a bending neck?

and what's with his weird facial expression? it's not a good one at all...

Kad
11-17-2005, 01:38 PM

LAME! knees he can do without. but he NEEDS shoulders. i can't believe how lazy hasblow's getting...

You call an utterly excellent movie release year "lazy"? This figure is just like the Saga/OTC figures: a display piece. And considering all Bib does is walk and stand, this figure is fine.

Lord_Atmo
11-17-2005, 02:54 PM
no, dude. actually they're TOYS. and toys are played with, not displayed. like i said, UNLEASHED is for display. shoulders are a need for pretty much any figure. bib not as much, but still, he could use them

Toonimator
11-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Regarding his expression, I think they were going for that crazy-lookin laughing face he has when Jabba reveals himself to Han & Leia... Bib's just standing there, sorta shifting side to side a bit, eyes darting around, mouth gaping while everyone else is bouncing up & down with laughter.

I'm all for collector-driven assortments, but I'd prefer the higher end of ROTS-style articulation on most characters. Skiff Guard Lando's a beautiful figure, and very cool, but he'd be 100x better with ball-jointed knees & shoulders (elbows too, but I'll settle for swivels if the shoulders are ball and they don't angle the elbow the wrong way, like Ki-Adi-Mundi's left arm)

Dooku_Fan
11-17-2005, 03:41 PM
I like Bib Fortuna a lot and is pleased by the way it came out. I love how the've included his knife. It's probably the best Bib Fortuna i've seen.

I only get one or two figures each month, so l will make sure he is first on my list.

Kad
11-17-2005, 04:05 PM
no, dude. actually they're TOYS. and toys are played with, not displayed. like i said, UNLEASHED is for display. shoulders are a need for pretty much any figure. bib not as much, but still, he could use them

Then how DID kids survive in 1996 when there weren't any ball joints?

Hasbro knows very well what figures are going to be played with and which aren't. That's why we don't see ball joints on Captain Antilles.

Bib_Fortuna
11-17-2005, 05:31 PM
I agree with ALL of you!

1. Hasbro shouldve AT LEAST gave him shoulder joints.
2. Figures are collectable AND toys...kids play with themm, and as they grow up they display em...like me! i used to play with mine..but now that im a little older, i display mine.
3. Kids only like the no joints on the old figures because back then just having a Starwars figure was a GREAT thing, they didnt even think about how they moved, just happy it was made http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bib_Fortuna
11-17-2005, 05:33 PM
as for this bib, I just wish his shoulders were jointed,

but otherwise THIS FIGURE ROCKS!!! it does look like the scene where he opens his mouth, or maybe hes saying "notcha!" whatever it is...im buyin 2..iv GOTTA make a diorama with this one!

DSIILuke
11-17-2005, 05:55 PM
dunno what everyone's complainin about. Yea it sucks their's no sholder joints, but it's Bib Fortuna, he doesnt have any action scenes (unless you crazed people are counting where he bends over and extends his arm for R2's "gift", and if you are, COME ON!!!) This figure is just perfect as is, and I couldnt be any happier with it. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif The member on these boards, bib fortuna, should be very pleased

Bib_Fortuna
11-17-2005, 06:05 PM
me??

I LOVE This figure!

DSIILuke
11-17-2005, 06:11 PM
me??

I LOVE This figure!

Good, you should, and yes, I was talkin about you. Me personally, I cant wait to pick this one up! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bib_Fortuna
11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh same! iv been lookin everywhere for ppl who may have it...but nobody does http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mrmforceX
11-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey Bib,
There are a couple on ebay right now. Do a search for Star Wars Saga Collection.

Redsix has them (high prices) but he has them IN HAND and he is VERY, VERY reliable (fast shipping too!)
Good Luck!

Lady_Jaye
11-19-2005, 11:00 AM
My question still stands, what's the release date for this wave???

found this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6014408378&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT) this guy in California has em, but he says they aren't in stores yet!!

DSIILuke
11-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Some people are just crafty SOB's like that http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RogueWompRat
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I'll be happy to get this guy, as one of the tentacles came off my POTF2 one a long time ago. I tried to hot glue it back on, but it popped off again and I think my dog ate it.

DSIILuke
11-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I'll be happy to get this guy, as one of the tentacles came off my POTF2 one a long time ago. I tried to hot glue it back on, but it popped off again and I think my dog ate it.

I think its a great looking figure, and I cant wait to get it http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GNT
11-20-2005, 02:49 AM
found this auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6014408378&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT) this guy in California has em, but he says they aren't in stores yet!!

He most likely bought them from overseas or as I remember an online retailer had them for $30 a piece so he may have bought them from there.

DSIILuke
11-20-2005, 06:56 PM

He most likely bought them from overseas or as I remember an online retailer had them for $30 a piece so he may have bought them from there.

If you go to ebay as of 11/20, they have almost the entire Carkoon wave (Canadian cards included) on there for 15-30. If your desperate to get these and have the extra cash, go for it. As for me, Ill wait

GNT
11-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah best to wait, they'll be clogging the shelves in a few months time anyway. When you look at the big picture even if you buy it now or in 3 months time it's still going to end up in your collection http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bib_Fortuna
11-21-2005, 01:01 AM
your actually right! thanx for pointin that out http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSIILuke
11-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah best to wait, they'll be clogging the shelves in a few months time anyway. When you look at the big picture even if you buy it now or in 3 months time it's still going to end up in your collection http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Exactly

Lady_Jaye
11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Okay, just making sure, thanks gents!! I'll wait as well, I don't think they'll be that hard to find!! I'll wait to get them at Wal Mart!!!

DSIILuke
11-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Okay, just making sure, thanks gents!! I'll wait as well, I don't think they'll be that hard to find!! I'll wait to get them at Wal Mart!!!

Im more of a Target man myself http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gothiczartan
11-21-2005, 10:10 PM
we need one from TPM in the podracing footage!

Bib_Fortuna
11-21-2005, 10:53 PM
YES!! TPM Bib would be COOOL!!

GNT
11-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Hasbro could aways retool the new ROTJ version by giving painting him in his TPM colours. I'd buy it.

Bib_Fortuna
11-22-2005, 01:02 AM
actually you are right...maybe i should buy THREE bibs...so i can custom make TPM one!

Krull
11-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh man, I don't even recognize that CG Twi'lek as Bib. Don't look like him at all to me.

DSIILuke
11-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Hasbro could aways retool the new ROTJ version by giving painting him in his TPM colours. I'd buy it.

you could put me down for one

Kad
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Oh man, I don't even recognize that CG Twi'lek as Bib. Don't look like him at all to me.

He wasn't CG. He was played by Matthew Wood, who voiced Grievous.

GNT
11-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Even more reason for Hasbro to make him, Matthew Wood also did Ody Mantrells (sp?) voice from memory as well.

Rune_Haako
11-23-2005, 01:10 PM
He also voiced Magaloof and Seboca in AOTC.

DSIILuke
11-25-2005, 12:34 PM
He also voiced Magaloof and Seboca in AOTC.

Talented guy!

Dooku_Fan
11-26-2005, 03:40 AM
He also voiced a few new voices in the original trilogy dvd boxset. One was the gungan at the end of ROTJ.

Kunanuk
11-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Mmmm... I'm really happy with the new Bib and the rest re-sculpts from the wave(s), but actually I think the right way for the SW figures is the VOTC/EVOLUTION style. The Saga Collection seems like a back step, I mean most figures are just like the previous collections and there's not a quality evolution. Believe me, I prefer 12 VOTC figures each year than 36 basic figures. I imagine a "real" new Bib Fortuna and he's so far from that we got with The Saga Collection... And the same with Boushh.

Although I'll buy most of classic trilogy figures from TSC.

(Sorry about my english)

TheStoerm
11-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm setting up a Jabba's palace diorama, so I'm going to need this week minded fool... He looks like a great figure.

Darth_Anton
11-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Great detailed photos in the archive now. Nice to get a good preview before they hit.

Krull
11-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Great detailed photos in the archive now. Nice to get a good preview before they hit.

He looks fantastic. I want!

Neo_242
11-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah, he's on my list too. A shame it took Hasbro so long to do a reworked Bib, a core character in Jabba's scene http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

neplusultra
12-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this yet,but I was noticing how darn PINK my Bib Fortunas' face & hands are. Anyone else have one that is so pink? On the package he seems more off-white or tan. Just wondering if there are going to be loads of slight variations.

DarthBuff
12-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Did we really need this fig? I say good day! Pass!

DSIILuke
12-03-2005, 09:26 PM

I agree

Krull
12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh man, I got Bib at a convention today and he's beautifully rendered. Love this guy!

Darth_Tedious
12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh man, I got Bib at a convention today and he's beautifully rendered. Love this guy!

I just gotmine too. Not a lot of articulation. In fact next to noen, but the sculpt and the paint app are phenominal! My fave in this wave - after Boussh that is.

Krull
12-06-2005, 08:51 PM

He wasn't CG. He was played by Matthew Wood, who voiced Grievous.

Oh, so that's why he sucked. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this yet,but I was noticing how darn PINK my Bib Fortunas' face & hands are. Anyone else have one that is so pink? On the package he seems more off-white or tan. Just wondering if there are going to be loads of slight variations.

I was commenting somewhere around here on how the head has a lot of red in it but the tentacles, which are separate sculpts, do not. Also I've wondered why they put blue accents on his skin on this and the OTC repaint? But it's funny what we don't notice in these movies we've watched for 15-20 years. I was just looking at the movie photo of Bib on the package insert and noticed how red-faced he actually is!

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC/TSC003bibfortunacardfr.jpg

Is there blue too...?

ObiWanJabroni
12-22-2005, 09:57 PM
This jabroni looks like he's about to shank someone. Way better figure then the POTF/OTC Bib. Thanks Hasbro

truth1
12-23-2005, 08:53 AM
man I cant wait for this figure. looks incredible.

The_Vinyl_Jawa
12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
man I cant wait for this figure. looks incredible.

He does indeed - Look incredible. Other than looks though, there isn't much more that this figure can do.

I know that for certain characters there isn't a great need for them to do anything more than stand there, but I guess I'm of a mindset that, if you're going to sculpt a static 'action' figure, you should give him a neutral face expression.

The primary appeal of this figure will be collectors who keep their figures carded, or who simply stand them on a shelf (no diorama or scene building).

But, I do agree, he does look great.

Bib_Fortuna
12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I ordered one offline yesterday!! I hope i get it soon!