PDA

View Full Version : Attakus Leia and Padme - Reviews Please

Dad_of_Mace_nLex
07-03-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm looking at picking these up in the not too distant future. How tall are these? How do they look? Looking at two dimensional figures online they just don't look that great. For those of you with them, what are your thoughts? Are there any websites that review star wars statues and busts?

DarklordM
07-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Take a look at this gallery here: LA (http://www.last-alliance.net/gallery/elvarSWStat?page=5)

Dad_of_Mace_nLex
07-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Those are some great shots. Thanks.

Sleepless_Knight
07-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Padme is about 15 inches tall and is amazing. The pics you see on the 'net cannot do justice to how great this piece looks. There is great attention to little detail which adds to the piece considerably. I highly recommend it to anyone who collects Padme or the women of Star Wars.

Dad_of_Mace_nLex
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
That would be me. Thanks Padme.

oldschool_Jawa
07-05-2005, 06:17 PM
I just got the leia last friday and it is awesome. The attention to detail that attakus has just blows everyone else out of the water, including Gentle Giant. The GG pieces just don't seem as cool to me anymore now that I have some attakus statues. Oh, by the way, I have padme on the way http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

TimProctor
07-05-2005, 07:24 PM
i have to disagree. I had started to collect the attakus statues and received my first piece a while back. I bought R2D2 for $200. It was nice an all but way too big since i wanted to collect them all. After getting the gentle giant vader I can say that I love the GG vader MUCH MORE than the Attkus R2. Dont get me wrong I think their pieces are great but not for the price they want- I will pass.
HOWEVER... I really want the Bib and Oola Attakus pieces. At least Oola since she is one of my all time favorite characters. I HAVE to have her.

oldschool_Jawa
07-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Gentle Giants prices are great but I just think they have some really shoddy paint apps going on. I have seen some really crappy paint jobs on their statues and to me for statues that are that size it should not be hard to get the freakin thing painted correctly. The GG vader is awesome but having it next to some attakus pieces it just seems to lose some of its luster to me. I do agree with you though on the price of the attakus stuff, waaaaaay overpriced. Man, where did you get the r2 for only $200???!!! You don't still have it do you, I am in need of that one!

Sleepless_Knight
07-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I thought I'd give more explanation to the little details comment I made about Attakus pieces(or at least the Padme one since it's the only one I have). The statue has things smudges from the Geonosis dirt. Since this is the torn version of the costume, you can see the unevenness of the tears and the superficial scratches she suffered from the nexu's attack. They aren't just red paint, but actually very slight indentations carved into the statue itself. Her costume looks like it was put on her and not merely a transition from white clothing to skin with no change in surface texture. Her eyes are very well done as well, and you can see her fingernails and the slightly different coloring they have when compared to her skin. The statue shows that Padme is a girl, but it doesn't call your attention to it with overemphasized err, ummm, yeah or overdone makeup applications on the face. After I got mine I found that very few pieces of my collection could go anywhere near it without looking downright silly. Right now, it's displayed near the CIII Padme art print and a photo of Natalie Portman. In short, Padme looks like Padme.

ump
07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
at least,you compare attakus R2 D2 to GG vader,it's meaningless,... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TimProctor
07-06-2005, 06:03 PM
its a matter of personal preference.
so yes.. i like the GG vader more than attakus R2

darth_steeler
07-06-2005, 09:04 PM
I agree with oldschool_jawa on the paint apps situation. Using the Chewie statues as examples, the Attakus work stand head and shoulders over the GG item when viewed side by side.

I collect both lines, and realize that Attakus pieces are pricey and sometimes hit and miss, but imo when they nail a statue they are second to none..