PDA

View Full Version : R2D2 Mail-away Bowl

jedichef
07-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Specially-marked boxes of Crispix cereal offer an R2D2 dome bowl with 2 UPCs and $6.99. I got my bowl today. It's a lot cooler than i expected, and bigger. it's a two-piece set that includes a dome (bowl) and a base upon which the bowl can be inverted and set. the base also has an on/off switch which plays sounds and lights up when light pressure is applied. It's more of a serving/party bowl rather than a cereal bowl based on its size and the fact that it spins somewhat easily (lazy-susan style). This is definitely one of the most fun mail-aways i've gotten in a long time.

ThorOakenfelder
07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
sweet. I still need to order one.

canadadry
07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
From your description it sounds ideal for Chex mix.

StoneWallAdam
07-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I saw the offer on the back cover but thought 6.99 was a bit much. Did not know how big or if the bowl was very cool. Now I think I may go back and get two boxes!

jedichef
07-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a Chex Mix bowl. we used it as one for the fourth of july gathering. i think people had more fun making the bowl beep and light up rather than actually eat any of the chex mix. that is until the alcohol started flowing...