PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: MOMC LOTS OF 5 CLONES!

razberryjones
06-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Hello,

I have for sale:
LOT OF 5 MOMC SA CLONES $40.00 (SOLD)
LOT OF 5 MOMC CLONE COMMANDERS $40.00
LOT OF 5 MOMC #6 QUICK DRAW CLONES $40.00

IN HAND AND WILL SHIP PRIORITY IN US FOR 5 DOLLARS

PM ME IF INTERESTED, I HAVE NOT SOLD ON HERE BEFORE, BUT DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED, I AM HONEST TO A FAULT, AND HAVE 142 POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON E-BAY WITH 0 NEGATIVES.

DarthPlagueis
06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
....your post is against forum rules. Figs that are out now can't be listed at more than retail - your #41 Clones come out to $9! I would redo my numbers or delete this post before the mods do....

JediJman
06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
He's right - unless you have a receipt showing that you bought them for these high prices, you shouldn't be selling anything that is still shipping for more than retail. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JoshEEE
06-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Sorry, but scalping is against the forum rules.

Either lower your prices to retail levels or scalp your figures on Ebay.

razberryjones
06-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh, excuse me, the figs were purchase from a Pamida in Northeast Iowa, (where toys are higher priced) but, are not picked through and dropped on the floor by maurauding gangs of children. They retailed for 7.99, asking 40.00 is less than what I have in them with sales tax! and I just realized the typo on the SA clones, should read $40.00. My Bad. I'm not trying to scalp squat!

razberryjones
06-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Go ahead and kill this thread. Thanks

JoshEEE
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
They retailed for 7.99, asking 40.00 is less than what I have in them with sales tax! and I just realized the typo on the SA clones, should read $40.00. My Bad. I'm not trying to scalp squat!

[/QUOTE]

Like JediJman said above, if you actually paid that much for them, then it is allowed under the forum rules.

Usually posting a receipt is a nice way to let folks know that you're not a scalper, but someone trying to unload figures you paid way too much for.

razberryjones
06-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I'm dumb as a bag of hammers, your right, now kill the thread...

JediJman
06-28-2005, 04:55 PM
You may be dumb, but at least you're able to maintain a positive attitude when confronted. Oh, and you have a keen snese of humor.

Wagaboodles
06-28-2005, 06:09 PM
And Josh is correct. There are plenty of smaller stores like Pamida (non-Target or Wal-Mart) that are selling for $7-8.

razberryjones
06-29-2005, 08:30 AM
And YES! these stores are generally a great place to locate HTF figures that are not beat up on the pegs.....

Anyway.... It's obvious I will NEVER EVER EVER get 7.99 a piece out of them so I might as well keep them.

Admiral_Ackbar
06-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Josh - when has ANYBODY posted a receipt here on the forums?!

That's absurd to ask for a receipt.

We all know KB, Shopko and the remaining non WM stores are charging quite a bit for their figs - leave this guy be.

DarthPlagueis
06-29-2005, 10:11 AM

We all know KB, Shopko and the remaining non WM stores are charging quite a bit for their figs - leave this guy be.

....yeah, but the guy WAS asking for $9 a fig before shipping. I'm sorry, but I've never seen them for $9 ANYWHERE, the high price boutiques included. I mean, its the forum's rules dude. If he in fact did pay that much, lets see a receipt and then its all cool.

razberryjones
06-29-2005, 11:32 AM

....yeah, but the guy WAS asking for $9 a fig before shipping. I'm sorry, but I've never seen them for $9 ANYWHERE, the high price boutiques included. I mean, its the forum's rules dude. If he in fact did pay that much, lets see a receipt and then its all cool.

Well! I know where I'd like to post my receipt, and it isn't on this site.......it's up somebody's .....

I have scads of Star Wars toys to Sell and Trade.
But apparently I can't do that here without a bunch of uneccesary BS. Look, I have no need to get rid of anything, Just thought an army builder would appreciate being able to pick up five in one stop. I can take them back to the store if I want my money, it's five blocks away from my house! I go out hunting for stuff three or four times a week. I just though someone might want them, as I'm starting to feel guilty for being a hoarder. 7.99 is the price I paid, Actually 8.56 with tax! and Play-juice, I'm not going any lower, so [censored] off and leave me alone. I've had it with this garbage.

Admiral_Ackbar
06-29-2005, 12:44 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, but SW figures are $8.99 at Pamida.

JediJman
06-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Hehehe - I like him. I think he should stay. In the future though, you're probably best off just saying you have 'x' for sale and then just PM'ing back and forth with people. I have had people sell me stuff for more than retail from here, but they've kept it private so no one gets offended. Personally, I'm okay with paying more than retail for certain items, but like others have posted, you gotta play by the forum rules. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway, thanks for the laughs! I'm naming this the Jman favorite quote of the week: "Well! I know where I'd like to post my receipt, and it isn't on this site..." LOL

jedichef
06-29-2005, 02:46 PM
i gotta agree with the Jman! This has been entertaining. i too have paid more than retail, it was worth it since i'd been having NO luck finding whatever it was i was looking for. but yeah, forum rules, etc etc. either way, this has been funny as hell

razberryjones
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
EXACTLY!, I'd cut off my both of my legs and walk forty five freakin' miles on the bloody stumps to the nearest Toys R Us if I new there was a crispy anakin figure waiting for me on a peg right now. I'd put a WTB Crispy Anakin post on right now, but someone just might want 7.99 for it, NO WAY am I paying that!

BUT SERIOUSLY-- anyone got a crispy anakin for 7.99? IF so consider it sold!

dark_side
06-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Funny everyone having a fit over this post. Rules smulez, Even if you paid $6 I wouldn't consider $8 scalping anyway, I call it gas money. Besides I believe every word you say, I'm 100% positive that you spent that much for each of those figures and I don't need a receipt to prove it.

I'm all for limiting scalpers, but give me a break, asking to see a receipt for $8? Is this a community of fans or a prison yard?

I tell you what razberryjones, give me your address and I'll float you a #50 free of charge, just to show people what this hobby is about.

#50 is what you want right? I've got one right in front of me. Just PM me your address.

razberryjones
06-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Are you for Real! that would be AWESOME!

I'm sending PM now!!! AND I'll send you something of right back free of charge, anything you are looking for in particular???

Admiral_Ackbar
06-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Send him a SA clone razberry!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad to see something good came out of this [censored].

razberryjones
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
PM's are sent. Crispy on the way!
and will return the favor!

jedichef
06-30-2005, 11:52 AM
ahhhh, see? see what happens when everyone plays nice? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JediJman
06-30-2005, 12:06 PM
K - Now someone send me some free stuff. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoshEEE
06-30-2005, 07:33 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't the one asking him to post a receipt, but I have seen a lot of people do just that when confronted by the scalper police here. Remember, I used to moderate this particular section for a few years....so I've seen lots of receipts posted as "evidence". It always shuts people up real fast. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, for the record....I already posted my little peace after he explained that he actually paid like 8 bucks a figure for these.

While I feel kinda bad for the seller (considering he was asking less than cost) I do enjoy the fact that other scummers keep the classifieds honest and scalper free by watching prices like little hawks.

Sure, It can be a pain for the honest sellers out there like this guy, but it's always great for the buyers.

razberryjones, good luck with your sale and consider this free bump my peace offering and apology for saying the word "Scalp" at the top of this thread.

Good luck!

DarthPlagueis
06-30-2005, 08:11 PM
....I wasn't trying to be an anus by insinuating anything, but the reason I asked him to post his receipt is because its hella easy to pick these up at WalMart for $5.24 and then turn around and claim you bought them for $8 or $9. A receipt clears it all up. Like Josh said, I've seen plenty of receipts posted on these forums.......I mean, I can easily say that I bought my Bacarra for $12 on BriansToys when I really got it for less than half that.....its just being cautious....

bobodohn
06-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah... this guy is NUTS! That's why a PM is on the way for your 5 SA Clones http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

razberryjones
07-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi, and thanks Bobodohn, you can have em!, PM sent!, and to everyone else...it's ok that you give me a bunch of crap, I've come to realize, it's all part of the joy of being a member of RS!

razberryjones
07-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Figs sent priority with delivery confirmation.
Thanks Much!!!