PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Con Thread (Hasbro)

Rune_Haako
06-23-2005, 07:26 PM
Please discuss what you'd like to see at Comic Con and or info posted about the con here. While we may have this as a general thread for Comic Con info feel free to start individual threads on new items that we see provided we have no existing threads covering the item already (so do a search/use index thread).

From, http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/news20050623.html

Hasbro's Star Wars Marketing and Design teams will share their exciting plans for this fall, when the toy line will continue to celebrate the entire Star Wars saga in a big way. The team will also have a sneak peek at what's coming in 2006. Start thinking of questions for the toymakers now, as a question & answer session will follow the presentation.

ftwjedi
06-23-2005, 07:32 PM
cool http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif!

Lady_Jaye
06-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Sweeet!!! You guys that are going better ask about more movie accurate Clones and Commanders!!!!!

Dhivael
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
wish i could be there. get good pics & info for us http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
THANKS!

Darth_Anton
06-23-2005, 08:34 PM
My favorate part of comic-con!

GNT
06-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Very cool, it's that time of the year we hear about and see new figures that are on tap, always an exciting time for the collectors. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trooper31
06-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Sweeet!!! You guys that are going better ask about more movie accurate Clones and Commanders!!!!!

To Lady_Jaye you must listen!!!!

GNT
07-03-2005, 12:38 AM
They always show new stuff in San Diego. What do you expect to see this year?

Please discuss what you'd like to see at Comic Con and or info posted about the con here. While we may have this as a general thread for Comic Con info feel free to start individual threads on new items that we see provided we have no existing threads covering the item already (so do a search/use index thread).

This thread has been made a sticky thread for the next couple of weeks, Cheers.

--------------------
Fan's Pick #3 - She has lost the will to live... (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ROTS&Number=1266889) - Vote for the figure YOU want the most!

DarthTyrannus
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Make sure to [censored] about cancelling Unleashed!

Deak_Starkiller
07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Make sure to [censored] about cancelling Unleashed!

I'm pretty sure they know that. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif What I'm curious are the dynamics in their decision. Poor sales? Production cost? Desire to acquire the non-collector's market? Bandwagon on the micro-series hype....sorry, look at 3" McFarlane and LOTR.

Lady_Jaye
07-08-2005, 07:21 PM
They always show new stuff in San Diego. What do you expect to see this year?

This thread has been made a sticky thread for the next couple of weeks, Cheers.

--------------------
Fan's Pick #3 - She has lost the will to live... (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ROTS&Number=1266889) - Vote for the figure YOU want the most!

Good move GNT!!! Good move!!!

Not listen to me, tell them we demand Super Articulated Clones for any of out Clone Multi Packs!!!! No more of thsoe crappy static figures!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif Give em hell at the comic con!!!!!

Naval_Trooper
07-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Has anyone seen anythin new yet?

DUDE
07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
when is comic con?

magillafett
07-08-2005, 09:06 PM
when is comic con?

July 15th is Star Wars day.

Darth_Jayfor
07-09-2005, 01:26 AM
Definitely complain about this Unleashed being cancelled BS!!!!!

GNT
07-09-2005, 02:12 AM
Hasbro will probably show us something a day or 2 before the con starts as a small preview. Hopefully we get alot of new stuff!!!

Lady_Jaye
07-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Ok so how many of you guys are going??????

Sith66
07-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I couldn't go yesterday on Star Wars day. I'm going today. Does anyone know if there's still going to be Star Wars stuff going on today?

Sith66
07-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Anyone know if the holo Leia will still be available today?

magillafett
07-09-2005, 12:06 PM
What? I thought Comic-Con was gonna start on the 14th?

hansolo_506
07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Hey, Sith! You have the wrong calendar!

Sith66
07-09-2005, 12:33 PM
oops!!! Sorry I got the dates mixed up http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tyranusspotting
07-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Definitely complain about this Unleashed being cancelled BS!!!!!

And kick their ***** for cancelling Micro Machines (and doing such a poor job on their new Micro series), Action Fleet and 12" figures as well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

magillafett
07-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Ha, sith would have walked in there thinking it was Comic-Con, and it would have been bingo night or something. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sith66
07-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I've been walking around since yesterday, bummed out I missed SW day at Comic Con. Wow!!!! I've got to quit smoking so much....you know http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jedi_Mendes
07-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Wait Im confused when are we going to here about the 12 figures from hasbro.

magillafett
07-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Star Wars day is on the 15th, so I guess it will be then.

Zodach
07-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Someone who is going and may have access to the Q&A session with Hasbro or could at least talk to someone at the Hasbro booth, please bring this up:

Why did it take so long to get a running paint-scheme change for the Clones? The Shocktrooper and Green Commander will likely be difficult to find since they are in the later waves of ROTS figures. Hopefully some of these will be released along with figures 57-69, which we don't know about yet.

Also, where are the suppossed army building cases that went to Target? I have never seen any evidence in my area that Target received cases of 3 of each #41-44. Just curious.

magillafett
07-09-2005, 10:30 PM
But first ask if the repaints are real. That's the question that is most important to me.

Zodach
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
But first ask if the repaints are real. That's the question that is most important to me.

Valid question. The Green Commander is more suspect to me than anything, but the lines on that Shocktrooper's helmet seem to small, straight, and streamlined to be a custom. Could be though if someone had a really steady hand.

Jedi_Mendes
07-10-2005, 08:48 AM
I hope there not fake. I would be mad http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lady_Jaye
07-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Okay we seem to be asking the same questions here!! I say we should do what we did in the GI JOE thread in Wuhers, and just keep adding questions to anongoing list!!! Not quoting mind you but copy and pasting the ongoing list of questions, and making sure the look of it remains the same!!!!

Here are a few I can think of!!!

1 - What are the new 12 figures?
2 - Are the new Toys R US and Target Clone Multipacks articulated or static??
3 - Are the Shocktrooper and Green Commander legit variations?
4 - Why are the store shelves so bare?

Lady_Jaye
07-10-2005, 09:06 AM
And then you would reply with some comments that you want to make, and then add your question or questions to the list in the same format!!!

5 - Why are Clones not distributed in greater numbers?
6 - Will we continue to get ROTS characters and Clones in the new unified line?

And there you go!!!! Keep adding questions you think are valid!!! If you want, to make the new questions stand out, you can keep them from being in bold if you want!!! Then the next person to add a question, just puts the last new questions in bold print and keeps theres regular print!!

Masterfett
07-10-2005, 12:18 PM
What mystifies me is, why the Green Clone Commander repaint, he's not in the movie? They could have done Commander Bly the right way!

7 - Will there be more color variations of #6 or #41 ie. Cody's troops, the 501st(Appo)?

Char_Aznable
07-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I think you should make #4 a priority. It won't matter what the next twelve will be if we're still going to be seeing Nemoidian Warriors and #35 Palpatines.

jedisrus
07-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Could you also ask about the Hasbro toy shop?. In particular, why are they having such a hard time keeping it stocked and why they don't have the newer waves available that have been seen at retail.

Thanks.

Dhivael
07-10-2005, 04:35 PM
8) Is the rumor that the unleashed series is to be cancelled true?

DUDE
07-10-2005, 04:38 PM
i cant waight to see what is comming, i hope some more votc!!

Dark_Kanos
07-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Is there a possiblility of making ultimate jedi like everything you need with removable heads, hands, arms etc with an sa body?

DarthSith
07-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Is there a possiblility of making ultimate jedi like everything you need with removable heads, hands, arms etc with an sa body?

That's a great idea. I know it has been mentioned before, but with the make you own lightsaber the notion isn't so foreign now.

It may also make hasbro make a general head size post where applicable.

Lady_Jaye
07-10-2005, 09:50 PM
7 - Will there be more color variations of #6 or #41 ie. Cody's troops, the 501st(Appo)?
8 - Is the rumor that the unleashed series is to be cancelled true?

Don't forget to copy and paste the previous questions. Oh and MasterFett had a good suggestion, make your question stand out by posting it in a different color!!!!

knightone
07-10-2005, 09:58 PM
I think the better way to phrase the question abvout the TRU 3 paxcks is to ask if they are repaints of the deluxe 3 pack. Asking if theya re static can be a bit misleading as they do have some (albeit extreeeeemely limited) articulation.

ASking if theya re static, they could just answer "yes, they will have some articualtion", and then the question would still stand as is about whether or not it will just be a repaint of the deluxe set.

Trooper31
07-11-2005, 03:52 AM
That's a good point.

I really hope Hasbro answers the question about the clone distribution. Also a good question would be about the next 12 case breakdown. Are we looking at a case of 1x each of the 12 or are we looking at three waves of four figures (each 3x per case)? Or is it possible we will see cases with 1-2 of each new mixed with the first 56?

Dhivael
07-11-2005, 01:33 PM
<font color="red"> 9) Are later waves going to carry the later figures again (ie is 45-50 going to make a reappearance?)
10) When can we expect the New Unified Line?
11) (or conversely What is the Run of ROTS going to be) </font>

AdamSolo
07-11-2005, 02:36 PM
9) Are later waves going to carry the later figures again (ie is 45-50 going to make a reappearance?)
11) (or conversely What is the Run of ROTS going to be)
12) Is there any chance that a new 3 3/4in version of Barriss Offee will be coming out any time soon? What about an SA Snowtrooper?

Darth_Anton
07-11-2005, 05:10 PM
9) Are later waves going to carry the later figures again (ie is 45-50 going to make a reappearance?)
11) (or conversely What is the Run of ROTS going to be)
12) Is there any chance that a new 3 3/4in version of Barriss Offee will be coming out any time soon? What about an SA Snowtrooper?
13) How far will the deluxe line continue and what's up with the clone 3pack distribution? Why would you make 1/4 less of the color clone varients than the deluxe?

Masterfett
07-11-2005, 11:04 PM
8 - Is the rumor that the unleashed series is to be cancelled true? And Why this Line is the best!
9 - Are later waves going to carry the later figures again (ie is 45-50 going to make a reappearance?)
10 - When can we expect the New Unified Line?
11 - (or conversely What is the Run of ROTS going to be)
12 - Is there any chance that a new 3 3/4in version of Barriss Offee will be coming out any time soon? What about an SA Snowtrooper?
13 - How far will the deluxe line continue and what's up with the clone 3pack distribution? Why would you make 1/4 less of the color clone varients than the deluxe?

Jedi_Mendes
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
how many days until it starts

magillafett
07-12-2005, 08:37 AM
how many days until it starts

3 days if you count today, 4 days until Star Wars day, the 15th.

eleavitt2000
07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
8 - Is the rumor that the unleashed series is to be cancelled true? And Why this Line is the best!
9 - Are later waves going to carry the later figures again (ie is 45-50 going to make a reappearance?)
12 - Is there any chance that a new 3 3/4in version of Barriss Offee will be coming out any time soon? What about an SA Snowtrooper?
13 - How far will the deluxe line continue and what's up with the clone 3pack distribution? Why would you make 1/4 less of the color clone varients than the deluxe?
14. What are Hasbro's and Lucasfilm's plans to educate the retailers about the continued viability of Star Wars toys? Star Wars is continuing in books, comics, videogames, and in two years, television. I would hate to see retail support for Star Wars whither because of a perceived end of media support.

GNT
07-13-2005, 08:14 AM
A little article about what will be available at the Hasbro booth:

Hasbro Star Wars Team @ Comic-Con (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.10267D7B-D56F-E112-4CDD926540842152/default.cfm)

DUDE
07-13-2005, 10:20 AM
IT'S TODAY !!! I WANA SEE WHAT HASBRO IS DOING!!!

Jedi_Mendes
07-13-2005, 12:38 PM
What time?

Wingnut
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Someone go after them for the Carded Wedge!

indysolo007
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Over on GH they posted an sneak peak of the Hasbro booth and it seems to have more bad news.

Target Lava Reflections Obi Wan (1) and Anakin (2)

Imperial Throne Room Battle pack with Saga Emperor, 2 Saga Guards, a storm trooper (commtech) and Kren Blista Dignitary.

Also looks like new cups (Leia, Vader, Stormtrooper)

TRU is redoing the holographic emperor with the SAGA version.

Looks like exclusives galore!

No word on any basic figures yet.

Maynard
07-13-2005, 01:43 PM
It's early yet, i know. But very poor thus far.... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif....Very poor...

Wingnut
07-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Seriously...I may call it a career for Star Wars if this keeps up...an Imperial Dignitary 5-pack?!

Neal
07-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Seriously...I may call it a career for Star Wars if this keeps up...an Imperial Dignitary 5-pack?!

Read the description again. There's only one Dignitary in the set.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wingnut
07-13-2005, 02:01 PM

Read the description again. There's only one Dignitary in the set.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

&lt;sigh&gt; whew...ok I'll open my wallet back up again. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm still not buying that piece of crap.

Maynard
07-13-2005, 02:15 PM
The cup & figure scheme has got to be one of the worst ways to repackage unsold figures and stick them back on the shelf. I gave up on "completist-ism" way back at the start of the OTC repack run, but the cups truly helped seal the deal http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Darth_Broem
07-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Can someone at the Comic Con ask Hasbro if they are going to make more than 6 "new" figures next year? You know. Either completely new resculpted figures or figures ever done before?

So far the only "new" figure MIGHT be:

Bib Fortuna
Han out of Carbonite
Leia Boushh

Dhivael
07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
3 - Are the Shocktrooper and Green Commander And Black Clone Pilot legit variations?
14. What are Hasbro's and Lucasfilm's plans to educate the retailers about the continued viability of Star Wars toys? Star Wars is continuing in books, comics, videogames, and in two years, television. I would hate to see retail support for Star Wars whither because of a perceived end of media support.

</font> <font color="purple">

Jedi_Mendes
07-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh cant wait for the 12 figures and the Attacktix series 2!

Wingnut
07-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Those next 12 might be popping up in the guise of Shocktrooper, Green Commando, and Black Pilot

Meat
07-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Final 12 announced by GH

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4666&zoneid=2

Final 12 Revenge of the Sith Action Figures:

Commander Cody (Yellow Commander)
Holographic Plo Koon
501st Legion Super Articulated Clone Trooper
Commander Gree (Green Commander)
Holographic Aayla Secura
R4-P17 (Obi-Wan Kenobi's Astromech Droid)
Wookiee Warrior - New Deco (Two variants: One light brown with tan "pleather" softgoods vest; one brownish black with black "pleather" softgoods vest. Both come with rappel line and cannon.)
Passel Argente (Yellow Cloak)
Shu Mai (Utapau Costume)
Neimoidian Warrior (Variant Silver & Brown Deco)
Grievous' Guard (Variant White)

Wingnut
07-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Good news find. Spread da word.

Rune_Haako
07-13-2005, 05:57 PM
The Shu Mai better not be the screen scene one.

Sev
07-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Final 12 announced by GH

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4666&zoneid=2

Final 12 Revenge of the Sith Action Figures:

Commander Cody (Yellow Commander)
Holographic Plo Koon
501st Legion Super Articulated Clone Trooper
Commander Gree (Green Commander)
Holographic Aayla Secura
R4-P17 (Obi-Wan Kenobi's Astromech Droid)
Wookiee Warrior - New Deco (Two variants: One light brown with tan "pleather" softgoods vest; one brownish black with black "pleather" softgoods vest. Both come with rappel line and cannon.)
Shu Mai (Utapau Costume)
Neimoidian Warrior (Variant Silver & Brown Deco)
Grievous' Guard (Variant White)

That's pretty good. I'll buy most of that. Let's See... Cody, 2 501st, Gree, R4-P17, 1 Wookie Warrior, 1 Neimoidian, and 1 guard. THere we go.

CarcinogenCrush
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Pardon my ignorence but who are these characters?

Shu Mai (Utapau Costume)

Never mind I found them and there ugly.

And word is it isn't Comm. Cody http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif but Comander Bly. Just a repaint of #33. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dark_Destiny
07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
The figures!

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/20050712_picview/img/29.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/20050712_picview/img/31.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/20050712_picview/img/32.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/20050712_picview/img/33.jpg

DUDE
07-13-2005, 09:05 PM
wow those look cool, where did you get the pics?

MandaloreSC
07-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Just a few questions

Why is there still no action figure of the most important Clone Commander of Episode 3?

Why is Commander Gree holding a Stormtrooper Blaster in his hands?

Why does the 501st trooper wear dirty boots? From all the mud in the jedi temple?

Why does the 501st Trooper have an antenna instead of two weapons?

Why is the "Arc Trooper" lying on his face, most of the time?

Why is Commander Bly painted in light yellow while the felucia clone from the evolution 3Pack is in Dark Yellow?

Why is Commander Bly missing his heavy blaster?

Why are most of this figures just repaints (including Gree)?

What are holografic figures of Secura and Plo Koon good for?

What are these guys smoking over at hasbro?

david_kay
07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS GREE http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And are they making cody http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

knightone
07-13-2005, 09:21 PM
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS CODY AND GREE http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's not Cody. It's Bly.

DarthSith
07-13-2005, 09:24 PM
This is ridiculous. Anyone who defends Hasbro for this crap is too. All remolds of the 'secret twelve'?!? How can they pull this junk? I know, I know because we will buy them. Here is the real question. Why are the Shock trooper and the Black Pilot not in the big twelve? They are rehashes too.

Suck hasbro does. Plus my Joes aren't here yet.

Dangit.

david_kay
07-13-2005, 09:25 PM
yeah i edited it, are they gonna make a commander cody, if not im gonna s**t http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

knightone
07-13-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah i edited it, are they gonna make a commander cody, if not im gonna s**t http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

They probably will eventually. Most likely for the 2006 unified line.

agentk_b
07-13-2005, 10:05 PM
anyone notice the KB exclusive pack with silver vader,.. the first pics had the red gaurd,.. now it is the blue one? Variations? Or just a change you think?

Wingnut
07-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Could be one or the other but they're all just pegwarmers waiting for a second chance to be someones collectors item. Even the Silver Vader.

oldschool_Jawa
07-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Man, I am sooo glad I sold off my hasblow collection and now only collect statues and higher end items. All these rehases and stuff look like crap and are a slap in the face to collectors. Oh yeah, keep the unleashed line the way it is hasblow!!!!!

Sarge
07-14-2005, 03:29 AM
I'm too scared to go to the 85 different threads that are running amok in this forum so here is my two cents. While not pleased with most of the 12, Hasbro gave us a heck of a lot of figures for a movie year. I clearly agree they underestimated the impact of the clones popularity when they were making the molds. It is just easier for them to repaint something. Hopefully they will clear whatever stock they need to and get some new molds (Mygeeto, Cody, Fox) for next year's unified line. But then again, it's Hasbro. If I had a dime for everytime I thought I had them figured out....

Darth_Broem
07-14-2005, 09:08 AM
I actually like most the 12 even if they are repaints. I knew they would do that with the clones. They did make a ton of new figures for ROTS. However, didn't that also make some decent money selling those?

I hope they are going to make some all new figures for the unified line. If it's going to be all repaints that won't go over well with the collectors that have been around quite a long time.

I guess we will find out more hopefully before the Comic Con ends. Which is likely.

Sideshow gets the 12 inch figures. Awesome news!

TheNotoriousARV
07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
No Cody this S*CKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

DUDE
07-14-2005, 10:55 AM
so is that it for hasbro, or is there more showings?

jedisrus
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
so is that it for hasbro, or is there more showings?

I think Friday is the official Star Wars day.

DUDE
07-14-2005, 11:02 AM
ooo ok cool

Jedi_Rainman
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Is it just me or was someones kid playing with orange spray paint in the toy isle again?

Look =P (http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/hasbro/image7.asp) and Look again =P (http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/hasbro/image8.asp)

CrimsonFett
07-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't know why they couldn't have made Cody, just rehash the AT-TE Gunner mold from the card back (head), put a little orange color and give him a new helm. Is it that hard? Yeah, Has blow does suck, TG for the new SideShow line.

Krull
07-14-2005, 12:32 PM
What does Hasbro have against Wookiees? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Masterfett
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM

Cody was in EPIII, he desrves to be packaged on a ROTS style Card!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif
This is really disappointing, not one new sculpt out of the bunch! I expected some repaints ie clones, maybe droids but nothing from AOTC! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif And certainly not more holo figs in the basic line up, instead of exclusives. I thought these were going to replace the silver line? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JediJay65
07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Since I was responding to the other 20 threads, thought I would sum up what I think of the new stuff here. I do not mind the rehash of the clones because ReHasbro used the right clones in doing it, specifically the Clone Commander and SA Clone #41. IF they have to do a rehash which I think is the only way that Hasbro is going to put out some of the clones, then pick the right clone figures to rehash, and they did. So, IF I can find the clones, I will be buying the single packs.
In the multipacks I have only an interest maybe in the Sith evolutions one, maybe the sandtrooper one also. Other then that, I can pass. Is that orange paint on Obi Wan and Anakin or is it the remmenants of baby food squash that got plastered on the figure by a toddler?
Overall, Hasbro will make bucks on this and I am sure that many will search high and low to get one or multiples of these figures. I have stated this and will restate it again now. This is the exact reason I moved from being a completist collector to a non-completist collector who only buys what I want/like and that's it. This way I do save a lot of $ when ReHasbro does something like this.

Hiryu
07-14-2005, 01:49 PM
I know I posted this on another thread but since this seems to be the comic con thread I'm going to repost it here.

I feel really let down by hasbro's choice for the 12 figures. Wookie Warriors are warming pegs everywhere so what do they do they make 2 more of them. The nemodian may be okay since it doesn't have that huge gun. Grievous'guard was a mediocre at best and they repaint it (another amazing Idea along with the wookies). I don't care much about the holgraphic figures just because I've never really liked them. Plus the Palps is the piece of [censored] I payed $5 for last time. Why don't they just reissue the tpm sidious. I like the fact that were getting clones but Bly is essentially the clone commander from the clone evolution set but with a little more paint. I was hoping that we would get all the clone commanders like, Fox, Cody, Neyo, Thaire, the works. Hell they could even repaint a scout trooper so we could have a gree soldier. I can probably get the seperatists cheaper in the war room pack that has been poping up around here lately. I was hoping we would get alot of clones and evolution set quality main character figures but once again hasbro will dissapoint me. It makes me feel happy that there are toy companies that care about the fans of the product they produce (SOTA, Toybiz, NECA, Palisades). Alright my rant is finished.

jwmc1971
07-14-2005, 02:15 PM
all so true...this crap makes me want to quit collecting again...on another note...is this a joke ??? or some kind of homo-erotic artwork ...
http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/code3/image9.asp

Rune_Haako
07-14-2005, 02:18 PM
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

magillafett
07-14-2005, 02:58 PM
LLLLOOOOLLLL!!!!! This is hilarious!

http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc05/code3/IMG_2095.JPG

PSB81
07-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Hasbro sucks, they kept saying 12 new figures and then they give us maybe 2 new figures and 10 repaints? I hope they added articulation to those screen scene rehashes.

And those wookie warriors...damn what crap. These look like customs by a ten year old. And the He-Man Shoulder straps look even worse with the skirt added on the wookie warrior. What a let down. Unfortuneately I'll still pry buy all these, which I guess is why Hasbro cares less about what collectors think.

Sideshows announcement has me excited.

knightone
07-14-2005, 05:17 PM

Cody was in EPIII, he desrves to be packaged on a ROTS style Card!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif
This is really disappointing, not one new sculpt out of the bunch! I expected some repaints ie clones, maybe droids but nothing from AOTC! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif And certainly not more holo figs in the basic line up, instead of exclusives. I thought these were going to replace the silver line? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I understand what you are saying. Cody had the most screen time of all the clones and he should have been among the new figures. Who knows, maybe Habro will have some surprises for us tomorrow. It's a slim chance, but Hasbro (as mentioned previously) usually has some stuff to show off after the Q&A that wa not shown in earlier at the con. Maybe Cody will be a surprise.

As far as the new R4, she was in EIII as well, not just in AOTC. She was the astromech in Obi-Wan's red starfighter. R4-G9 was the astromech in his blue one.

I don't think we should all be making as many gripes as we are until after the entire con is over. Hasbro might have some surprises for us, they may be more receptive of questions and comments than they usually are, many good things could happen still. There's just way too much negativity and impatience surrounding all of this when it is still early. The con has been going for less than a day and everyone is already jumping around and screaming bloody murder over every little thing.

david_kay
07-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Hasbro sucks, they kept saying 12 new figures and then they give us maybe 2 new figures and 10 repaints?

NO, they are ALL repaints. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Dark_Jedi
07-14-2005, 07:35 PM
So any idea when we'll see pics of the new OTC? I really wanna see that new Bib Fortuna.

DouglasMcc
07-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Hasbro sucks, they kept saying 12 new figures and then they give us maybe 2 new figures and 10 repaints?

NO, they are ALL repaints. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You people are just plain greedy. They have already given us (or will have given us once they all hit) 56 new sculpts. There will be 8 to 12 new sculpts near the end of the year when the OTC-style Universe figures start. And all you can do is [censored] about some repaints... some of which (Bly, Gree, 501st, Shocktrooper) you begged for to begin with. So sad... Star Wars Adults, showing spoilt children everywhere "how its done." http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MOOGLY
07-14-2005, 10:19 PM

You people are just plain greedy. They have already given us (or will have given us once they all hit) 56 new sculpts. There will be 8 to 12 new sculpts near the end of the year when the OTC-style Universe figures start. And all you can do is [censored] about some repaints... some of which (Bly, Gree, 501st, Shocktrooper) you begged for to begin with. So sad... Star Wars Adults, showing spoilt children everywhere "how its done." http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I agree the ROTS line has been great as a whole.

JediSooner
07-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I caught this in one of the pics in the RS image gallery... does anyone know what it is or is there a better shot of it somewhere?

http://www.all-seasons.com/misc/cc_pic.jpg

jedisrus
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
It is part of the exclusive 9 pack of figures from KB toys.

The_Truth
07-15-2005, 01:45 AM
I caught this in one of the pics in the RS image gallery... does anyone know what it is or is there a better shot of it somewhere?

http://www.all-seasons.com/misc/cc_pic.jpg

Heres a better pic of it
http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/715/img00388aw.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

JediSooner
07-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Okay, thanks guys. NOW I remember hearing about this one. $50, right. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Neal
07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Okay, thanks guys. NOW I remember hearing about this one. $50, right. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

In the picture of the set, the display tag in front of it lists the price. I believe it says it will be $39.99.

jedisrus
07-15-2005, 08:47 AM

In the picture of the set, the display tag in front of it lists the price. I believe it says it will be $39.99.

But let us not forget that the display tag in frnt of the Target Clone said $9.99. I really hate when they charge more then you've seen published elsewhere.

Tyranusspotting
07-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Will there be more things shown in terms of SW merchandise at SanDiego Comic-Con?
What about the Bib Fortuna and the rest? Is there a chance we'll get to see more ROTS items as well?

GNT
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Will there be more things shown in terms of SW merchandise at SanDiego Comic-Con?
What about the Bib Fortuna and the rest? Is there a chance we'll get to see more ROTS items as well?

From what I gather Hasbro will be showing us 2006 items or at least telling us about them within the next couple of days. *fingers crossed*

knightone
07-15-2005, 10:01 AM

But let us not forget that the display tag in frnt of the Target Clone said $9.99. I really hate when they charge more then you've seen published elsewhere.

Yeah, the prices for exlusives seem to go a up a bit over what Hasbro displays. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hiryu
07-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Has the blue guard been confirmed for the KB pack or will the red guard be available also?

jwmc1971
07-15-2005, 02:26 PM
anyone got any pics of holo leia yet ?? mine should be here early next week... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JediSooner
07-15-2005, 05:29 PM

Well, that's a little better... IF it stays at $40. I'm not sure if I'll be getting this one.

JediSooner
07-15-2005, 05:33 PM
A buddy of mine called me this afternoon from Comic Con. He made the trip from LA while he was there on business and only had time to pick up a few Holo Leia's. He said there were a ton of people there, but he was in and out with the Holo Leia's and a few other exclusives in 2 hours. Not bad. Sounds like the Fan Club store was alot more efficient than at C3. Then again, I'm sure there were more people at C3 than CC.

ShoNuff15
07-16-2005, 11:35 AM
http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/715/img00388aw.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Bail Organa is such a *****!

Hasbro should just give that figure to everyone. He's everywhere!

Fritzkrieg
07-16-2005, 12:43 PM
I've just seen Gree, expected to be released in the last wave of ROTS figs. Hold on to your Customs because, chances are, you've done a better job than Hasblo. They really chinced out on this one He is basicly a #41 Repaint. They even Painted on his harness. Is Hasblo bound and determined to feed us Crap like these repaints. I for one think Hasblo should earn our money, put a little more effort into these Figs. and I'd be happy to by an Army of them. Here's a link judge for yourselves
Hasblo's Gree (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3641&text=&imageid=16218&box=&shownew=)

On a more positve note. The #41 501st Clone Looks Great and will complement my Custom Appo nicely.

Josh
07-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I love the new unleashed, just see my thread http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rik
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Pardon the ungratefulness but what a load of crap! Why do Hasbro get all excited over Holographic figures? THEY SUCK! And why the hell are there so many repaints?! These aren't new!! The only good thing I can find is the new Mustafar base, but that's hardly worth it. It's nice we're getting more clones but why the Wookiees? They're everywhere and they only had a split second of screen time.
I'm still recovering over Holographic AAYLA SECURA. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

evyoda
07-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I did not even waste my time to look at the new Figures. I was pretty pissed on all the remakes that Hasbro made.