PDA

View Full Version : Chewie-- ATTAKUS vs GENTLE GIANT ???

TimProctor
06-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Anyone have both of these statues and can tell me which is best. Im leaning towards the gentle giant chewie. His fur (especially on his head) look much better in my opinion. He looks to "flat" on the attakus. Thoughts ???

I wonder why also that the gentle giant statues have not gone up in price. Do you think they will go up once they start to produce more characters. ??? I ask this because if there is not a demand for them I wonder if the line will continue for much longer ???
thoughts.

Zodach
06-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't have either of the statues, so I can't give you my opinion. But being a fraction of the price, I would go with the Gentle Giant Chewbacca.

Also, the Darth Vader statue has sold out of 7500 pieces, so I would say there is demand for this line, it just depends on the character. Not sure why Chewie wasn't as popular, but 3PO also had a bust released which lessened demand for the statue.

I think Gentle Giants will continue this line for a while. There will be a lot of people buying the Darth Maul statue and the more popular characters such as Boba Fett, Luke, and Obi-Wan which we will probably see down the line.

hasek3939
06-23-2005, 08:01 PM
i have both and i would definently suggest holding out for a attakus chewie, it is sooo much better than the gg version which in my eye isnt the best chewie ive seen, not horrible but not that great either. the paint apps on the gg chewie are pretty bad where as the attakus are very impressive in person. also you have to consider the attakus statues are much larger than the gg statues. seeing the pics of the attakus statues do them no justice, in person they are just flat out awesome. im sure there are bad ones in the bunch but i only have 4 attakus statues and they all blew me away when i opened them. i just wish i could afford more of them http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif
i only have a couple gg busts but have all the statues and i like them but they dont wow me like the attakus and even koto statues do, just my 2 cents...

The13thJedi
06-23-2005, 11:31 PM
If you can afford it, go with Attakus. I have ten of their statues, and I have been impressed with every single one. I collect the GG busts and Maquettes, but I haven't been impressed with any of the statues yet.

Padawan
06-23-2005, 11:37 PM
I just got the GG Chewie for my birthday last week and I love it. I have never seen a single Attakus statue in person so I can't compare the two. However, I was not dissappointed with the GG Chewie one bit.

SilverSpyder
06-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, I have the GG and I compaired it to my friends Attakus Chewie. I would take the GG hands down, the Attakus looked like garbage to me. The face sculpt just looked wrong.

oldschool_Jawa
06-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I have never seen the attakus chewbacca in person but based on pics I like the GG chewbacca better.

Moe_Szyslak
06-24-2005, 08:40 AM
I own the GG Chewbacca and love it. I feel it is one of the best representations of Chewie. I've only seen pictures of the Attakus Chewie online, and if you ask me, the Attakus statue didn't stay true to Chewbacca's actual likeness.

ump
06-24-2005, 10:17 AM
yes,i'm agree with you,i have see both in local toy store.attakus one much better than the GG version,not on ly the size,it's much details and beautiful! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ump
06-24-2005, 10:25 AM
if you have chance to see both chewie personally,you will change your mind,trust me,attakus version is much better than the GG version.
about the GG statues,it's not easy to raise in price,i'm also collecting the GG maquette and mini bust line,please keep in mind :GG always increaing the production runs,we can find one stormtrooper mini bust (limited 10000)at below retail price(us$40-50).it's still not sold out on the statue line too...only the early mini bust(limited 2500-3500) and first wave of the maquettes(limited 2500)will keep thier high value....
hi,how about the upcoming darth vader mini bust,if GG keep it in 7500-10000,will it raise in price like the first version? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gruson
06-24-2005, 12:53 PM
I have seen both and Attakus is MUCH better quality. GG Chewbacca looks cheap to me...kind of like a small step above a Hasbro 12" figure.

jediwatto
06-24-2005, 01:41 PM
The Attakus Chewie has a really bad Face sculpt to me...sorry but the GG face looks way better. Just my opinion.

DarthInwah
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I own the GG Chewie and have seen the Attakus in person at CIII. I believe the sculpt is far superior on the Gentle Giant and Cheaper! However, I do like the Attakus paint job a million times better. You could tell they spent more time painting it. I took a ton of photos of it since I liked it so much but probably won't purchase it b/c of price and since I do not collect Attakus Statues.

ump
06-24-2005, 10:30 PM
i'm also see both personally,IMO,attakus is much better,GG version just like the umleashed series.do you think the "unleasehed" style really like the chew in movies? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

larbob
06-25-2005, 07:36 AM
I do not have any of the GG stuff but do have the Attakus
Chewie and 13 of their other SW statues. Attakus product is
expensive and takes up a lot of room since they are 1/4 scale. Only SW statues I collect and when people come over I get a lot of positive comments.

darth_steeler
06-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I have both the Attakus and GG Chewie.

I gotta say the Attakus is hands-down the better item.

I prefer the sculpt, and the paint apps on the Attakus piece are leaps and bounds better than the GG statue when compared side by side imo.

Darth_Hideous
06-25-2005, 12:16 PM
I have seen then side by side, and the Attakus wins hands down in my opinion. Because of the subtlties in the paint job, it doesn't photograph well, so it is hard to see when you are not in person.