PDA

View Full Version : GG Complete set carve up (Pedro's collection)

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 05:32 PM
This is the list as things stand (as people have shown interest). Please PM me if you are interested in the remaining pieces listed or if I've made a mistake and put you down for the wrong bust/bust you're not interested in...

(Please check if your userid is down for the right busts)
(Busts in grey are spoken for...)
<font color="#666666">
<s>Jango Fett</s> - swdave</font>
Zam Wessell
<font color="#666666"> <s>Chrome Jango</s> - skeeter31
<s> Obi Wan</s> - jediraven82
<s>Annakin</s> - jediraven82
<s>Padme</s> - jediraven82
<s>Mace Windu</s> - jediraven82
<s>Dooku</s> - zodach
<s>Yoda (x2)</s> - zodach, darthnendza
<s>Han stormie</s> - monstermile
<s>Greedo</s> - monstermile
<s>Luke stormie</s> - monstermile
<s>Biker Scout</s> - monstermile
<s>Tarkin</s> - monstermile
<s>Boba Fett</s> - monstermile
</font>Luke Pilot
Bossk
<font color="#666666"><s>Chrome Vader</s> - skeeter31
<s>C3P0</s> - skeeter31
<s>IG88</s> - skeeter31

<s>Gamorrean Guard</s> - darthgraz
<s>Stormtrooper (x2)</s> - mcyalan, skeeter31
<s>Vader</s> - darkjedi1981
<s>Chrome stormie</s> - zodach
<s>Green Clone Trooper</s> - darthgraz
<s>Red Clone Trooper</s> - pjpocket
<s>Blue Clone Trooper</s> - pjpocket
<s>White Clone Trooper (x2)</s> - pjpocket, darkjedi1981
<s>Yellow Clone Trooper</s> - zodach
<s>Clone Trooper Pilot</s> -tk470</font>

This is how I've worked it out from the PMs I've gotten (for those that asked for specific busts and see someone elses name there I'm working on a first-come-first-serve basis)...

As soon as we complete the list (find users who want the remaining busts) we'll be all set to go... Currently working out something reasonable for the prices for each bust... Pedro has given us a reasonable price to work with so it won't be too hard... Will work on it over the weekend and probably post the prices etc on Monday...

Pedro has also promised to get pictures of the busts online sometime soon for those interested in checking condition etc of the busts...

(UPDATED LIST)

laststormtrooper
06-04-2005, 05:49 PM
How much would it be for the Green Clone Trooper?

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Small note, the Zam Wessell is bust 36/2500 if that makes a difference to any collectors looking for low numbered items...

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM
3 busts left before the deal is good!

oldschool_Jawa
06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Sorry guys, I just bought the whole lot!!!!

Just kidding http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Lol, freaked me out there for a minute =P Jumped straight out of my chair, almost hit the ceiling...

tk470
06-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Can you start selling without these three taken. Or is the deal for all or nothing? Just courious.

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 08:47 PM
From what I know its all or nothing...

tk470
06-04-2005, 09:25 PM
PM sent

Tinman
06-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Price on the Luke Pilot and Bossk?

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Still not sure on the prices but it looks like we have a complete set ready...

pjpocket
06-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Have worked out a rough price guide for the busts, PMs will be sent round with the values of each of your busts...

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Looks like this is going south... People are being unreasonable with the prices... Won't even pay retail for some of the less popular busts that they request, even though they are getting the rarer busts for half the listed prices on ebay...

DarthGraz
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
The price isn't terrible but I was quoted 150.00 for the gamorrean and green clone not including shipping. Yesterday on ebay a green clone went for $99 and the guard went for 29.95. Thats about 130.00 I don't think it's unreasonable that some people want to see if the price can come down some.

Rod
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Maybe if the list was posted with prices others might be inclined to go on this.

I know I might be interested in some but I would want to see how the "price distribution" is handled.

tk470
06-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I would tend to agree. If you post the price list, you would eliminate anyone who isn't serious about paying a high price for one. If they contact you because they saw the price first, then it was by their choice and they know what the're getting themselves into.

I know this has been a headache for you, but I just wanted to thank you taking the time to handle all of this. I know it's not easy. In the end, you may have to list the rest on ebay. At least you can't say you didn't try to offer them here for a lower price first.

BTW - I just sent you a PM

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Well there have been some buyers who have confirmed at the prices set so once i sort through who ACTUALLY wants the busts they asked for, I'll put the remaining busts online with prices...

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 02:41 PM
The way I see it the gam guard is going for retail and the green clone trooper is going for $100... If you check the buy it now items, the green clone is going for $120 and the gam guard on average for about $40-$50 (there is currently 1 selling for $37, 6 for $40, and 9 others going for $45 or more...) The way I see it is if for the TWO busts together, $150 is more than reasonable... At $120 for the green clone (as currently listed on ebay) and $37 (the current minimum buy it now listing) for the gam guard, you still get $157... I dunno, to me $150 seems less than $157 but maybe thats just me...

I just love how people find lucky one of chances on ebay for a bust and expect to match it here... 2 weeks ago i saw a red clone go for $89... does that mean that im expecting to pay pedro that much for the bust? Not unless I'm smoking something i shouldn't be... I'll be lucky if I ever find it on ebay again for less than 3 times that amount...

DarthGraz
06-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Thats right you probably wouldn't get a red clone on ebay for under 300.00 but you could make a offer of 200.00 (like you did in another post)to try and get it at what you felt was a fair price. All I did was ask if Pedro was firm on the price. Which if you think about it is no different than you asking scummers to sell you a 300.00 item for 200.00 we both want a good deal and there is no harm in asking. All this means is Pedro is gonna sell his stuff for whatever price he wants and if we can't agree then he can move to another person that will agree on his price.

skeeter31
06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
You can't go by the Buy it Now Prices for a reasonable price. Go by what the pieces are actaually selling for. Check completed lists. Buy it Now are always higher than they should be. So that's not a fair assessment!

Jimbo
06-05-2005, 05:29 PM
If you want eBay "prices" then eBay is where you or Pedro should put these up for sale. I know though thinking is push them here and avoid listing, selling, and PayPal fees... such is life. You want the higher than deal w/ paying fees associated.

I think if people here were looing for eBay prices (or close) they know where to find them...

I'm not even against you putting them on eBay but don't come here and try to justify the higer cost w/ mentions of "what they are seeling for on eBay"... I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that.

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Im scrapping my list of buyers and starting fresh... The only confirmed buyer from the original list will be kept on it and all other busts will be put up again with adjusted prices based on completed ebay bids... So far, between 3 people (myself, the user mentioned above, and a buyer interested in the prices stated) we have 13 busts spoken for... The rest will be put and first come first serve...

tk470
06-05-2005, 05:40 PM
I know this isn't the way you wanted to handle it, but it's probably the best way to do it from this point on. I think it will save you a lot of headache

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Jimbo, I'm just trying to get enough people to carve up his collection so I can finally complete my own... I have 3 busts left to buy and they are currently running at extortionate prices on the only other place that seems to have them (ebay)... for the price that pedro is asking for the whole lot i dont think that these prices are too high... Hell, i bought most of these busts for almost 3 times what i worked out for the carve up... I only wish I knew about pedro selling his collection earlier and I would have bought the lot for myself and saved a LOT of money... When i got my vader for example it cost me $300 (low number), in the carve up its going for $130, boba cost me $250, going for $160... I'm just doing as much as I can so that Pedro sells his damn collection and I don't have to pay $600 a piece for the red/blue clones... And before I get stick off anyone about doing this so that i can get my pieces for a "steal", im paying just less than 1/5 of the asked price for the WHOLE collection as it is for the busts I want, more than reasonable...

The_Mike
06-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I think the prices are fair. The average price of these is $50.00. Anything at that price or slightly over isn't too extreme. Going by the rarity of some of the busts offered some people are getting a steal. PJ I'm still in and hopefully this will all work out. At this point, I just hope its worth all the headache.

Rod
06-05-2005, 06:05 PM
pjpocket,

Can you post the prices that you are asking for each bust?

I might be inclined to go in on some but I want to know the breakdown.....I think it's a fair thing to ask

TimProctor
06-05-2005, 06:17 PM
you dont happen to have any clone wars maquettes up for sale.. if so Id love a padme, obi, or asajj.

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Will post prices tomorrow afternoon (GMT)... Have a final tomorrow and dont have time to sit and work out the prices right now...

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Once prices go up tomorrow, will leave for a couple of days and see if anyone is interested... If no interest is shown I'll probably pick up the whole lot and ebay what i dont want/need off for the going rates... Should have just done this to begin with but didnt want to put all the effort in for the listings... Ironic how I seem to have put more effort into doing this instead... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cmdr_Vigilant
06-05-2005, 06:47 PM
you dont happen to have any clone wars maquettes up for sale.. if so Id love a padme, obi, or asajj.

Actually, I was also thinking of selling these too. I have Yoda,Assajj, ARC and Padme'.

Monstermile
06-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm going to voice my opinion on this because I think the whole thing is a crock. I replied to the original post earlier in the week. Nothing was concrete. I just stated the ones I might be interested in. Then all of a sudden here comes a message with the prices. Because I decided I didn't want a few of them I just got pushed to the side on the Boba Fett because someone is going to pay $50 more for it. Even though I was the first one to reply on it and had already agreed on the price.

Sounds like you are just trying to get as much as you can pjpocket. You aren't running it like you originally stated now. To push me out just because I didn't want all of the ones I expressed an interest in is complete b.s. and you know it. Nothing was concrete at first. You just wanted to know who was interested in what. Now you found someone who is willing to pay $50 you say the hell with me. But it is your show. If that's how you want to run it more power to ya. Count me the hell out. You should have just put the ones you didn't want on ebay if all your after is the extra $$$.

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I love how after all the effort put in I get someone giving me stick... Monstermile I PMed you and told you what the deal was, I scrapped the WHOLE list of "interested" buyers because once they saw the prices most of them bailed... I give up, I've put in too much effort into this all for nothing...

I made an attempt at seizing an opportunity, getting a group of collectors from the forum together so we can each buy the pieces we want and get a better price since we are getting a "bulk" price for the whole set... If anything I was trying to give most users here a chance at a good deal in getting in on the more high-end busts for reasonable prices but had i known people arent even willing to pay $50 for a sold out bust ($5 above retail price) i wouldnt have bothered... Looks like Pedro might be carving the collection up himself and putting it on ebay... Good luck to everyone, hope you get whatever busts you were looking for, shame its gonna be at ebay prices...

Jimbo
06-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I don't know how it all started... I just got out of it what I read. I need the blue Clone myself but am not paying $300 nevermind the $600 some tools are asking and paying on eBay.

In time... I'm in this for the long haul and no matter there always comes a time you walk into a deal where someone is just blwoing their stuff out or in need of money and sell it for much more fair prices than the "going rate".

If you're a have to hav it now collector it kinda sucks... I was that way one time but the only things I won't pass up are my toys. I've bought far too many other "high end/other collectible" type stuff for next to nothing... One that coems to mind is a Boba Fett Riddell helmet like 6 months ago for $25. It happens... trust me...

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh, forgot to mention,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
all your after is the extra $$$

[/QUOTE]

If you don't get this yet let me explain it to you... The whole set is going for $2700 where we each pay our bit to Pedro for our respective items... There is NO EXTRA $$$ to be made... The only difference in changing the prices is it makes the less popular busts cheaper (while putting more weight on the high-end busts) and thus makes them more attractive to other users...

Monstermile
06-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Oh, forgot to mention,

all your after is the extra $$$

If you don't get this yet let me explain it to you... The whole set is going for $2700 where we each pay our bit to Pedro for our respective items... There is NO EXTRA $$$ to be made... The only difference in changing the prices is it makes the less popular busts cheaper (while putting more weight on the high-end busts) and thus makes them more attractive to other users...

[/QUOTE]

Well gee that is the first I have heard what the whole lot was going for. It doesn't change the fact that you decide to take an offer on a piece that I agreed on the price of just becaus someone offered you $50 more.

I scrapped the WHOLE list of "interested" buyers because once they saw the prices most of them bailed...

[/QUOTE]

Well I wasn't one of them. You just decided to shaft me. I never said I didn't agree on all of the prices. Just two out of the six. One because I already had a bid on one on ebay. Two of the others I just decided I didn't want. And like I said in the pm it wasn't about the price. Nothing was concrete when the pm's were sent to you. You just wanted to know who might be interested in what. I think it is anyone prerogative to change their mind on certain ones or all of them. But like I said I never bailed on the deal so you shouldn't have just booted me out of one of the ones I wanted just because of the extra money. When you sent the prices I agreed on three of them. I don't hardly calling that bailing out.

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Do you not understand the concept of SCRAPPED THE WHOLE LIST?

Monstermile
06-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Do you not understand the concept of SCRAPPED THE WHOLE LIST?

Yes I do. But that really wasn't the fair thing to do to the original people who replied that didn't bail. I've said my peace. You do what you have to do.

skeeter31
06-05-2005, 07:33 PM
This whole thing has gone south. First of all, pjpocket, you just came to these boards and are already acting like the boss setting prices and running the show. If you want the Clones so badly shell out the $2700 and buy them. It seems to me that you are making the prices fair for yourself. If you make the lower end busts (3PO, Bossk, Gam Gaurd...) $50-$65, hell, that shaves off $10-$20 per bust that you'll have to pay for the Blue and Red Clones.

What I'd like to know is what the prices were that you quoted to people for the busts and how much the two high end clones were going to cost you. It seems to me that you uped the price for us so you could get a steal on the two you wanted. And if you come back and say that the clones were going to sell for $200-$300, that's ridicuolous. You're making the prices of the low end busts higher than ebay standards so that you can get the clones for $200 LESS than ebay standards. I smell a scam!

Buy them yourself and put them on ebay. And I still think you were going to be making more than $2700 on the lot. One question, were we going to send the money to you, or were we each sending the money directly to Pedro??? Because if it was going through you, who would have know if the total's that you gave out equaled $2700 or $3700 for that matter!

That's it, I'm done! Enjoy you're scam. And Pedro, if I were you, I'd sell them on ebay so you at least know where they're going and for how much!

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 07:36 PM
There's nothing left to do, i've given up on chopping the collection up... I spoke to Pedro, he gave me a price for the busts I want and we agreed to make the sale... My guess is the rest of the collection will be hitting ebay soon...

As for doing what I have to do, I don't HAVE to do anything... You're just making a fuss because at the original prices you were getting a steal on the boba fett bust at $150 and when you heard that someone else might be getting it at the new prices you decide to blame me for you losing out... Maybe it is my fault, that's why I have dropped the chance of doing a carve up - too much of a headache and overkill on the responsibility/work to get this to work for EVERYONE...

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Unfvcking believable... Seems like everyone wants a piece of me now...
you just came to these boards and are already acting like the boss setting prices and running the show

[/QUOTE] True, I am new to the boards but the reason I took it upon myself to do this (huge mistake) was because the original topic died over 3 months ago and I found it by chance while going through the forums...

One question, were we going to send the money to you, or were we each sending the money directly to Pedro??? Because if it was going through you, who would have know if the total's that you gave out equaled $2700 or $3700 for that matter!

[/QUOTE] Read about 4 posts up, I've stated it 2, maybe 3 times... We were each paying Pedro for our busts so there was no confusion and to make it easier to work out shipping...

Just to let you know, I have given up on this, Pedro has made me an amazing offer for the 3 busts i need to complete my collection and I'm taking him up on it... I got my busts, I now see I shouldnt have even bothered in the first place and made Pedro an offer straight up... Would have saved me a lot of time and effort...

Bane
06-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I got my busts, I now see I shouldnt have even bothered in the first place and made Pedro an offer straight up... Would have saved me a lot of time and effort...

Does this now mean you're going away? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pjpocket
06-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I'll still be reading the forums etc but I'm dropping this particular topic...

From what I can see there are a few people here who seem to want me gone so I'll keep my posting down to a bear minimum...

Drizzit
06-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Is the red clone sold then?

Cmdr_Vigilant
06-06-2005, 12:26 PM
At the moment, nothing is sold since no money has been transferred or mailed.

Drizzit
06-06-2005, 03:17 PM
What do you want for the Red Clone bust?

Mechleader
06-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi, I PM'ed you. Thanks.