PDA

View Full Version : The New Unified Line

the_killing_joke
05-30-2005, 12:21 PM
If and I say if the new unified Star Wars line starts with ROTS based characters, how long do you think it will take before we see figures from other episodes?

I would like to see a Star Wars Universe line that takes in all six films and on a smaller level (i.e 1 in every 15 figures) the EU.

Having recaught the collecting bug, I cannot wait to see what is going to happen next.

Any ideas?

Kabukiman
05-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't expect a unified line until next spring/summer. ROTS toys seem to be hotter than the EP1 and 2 lines. With the DVD release and subsequent promotions to go with the DVD release, I would expect ROTS exclusively for the remainder of the year.

There might be a small unified set or maybe something to go with the animated series next, and then a massive unified line with the release of SW3D in 2007.

Though, that's just my speculation. I think anything goes at this point.

WookieeWarrior
05-30-2005, 01:44 PM
I heard a rumor that the new line would be kuje the POTF2 Line -- a complete remake of everything. Heard it would start out with the basics -- Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Leia, R2-D2, etc. but'll probably include basic characters from other movies too.

Darth_Plagus
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
dont forget figures from the TV show in 2006 http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the_killing_joke
05-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Although it would have a downside, i.e more core characters re-released/re-made etc. it would be great to get new army builders at retail again. I have really enjoyed being able to go into shops and pick all these clones up. To be able to do it with Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers would be great. Trouble is that I doubt this line will go on sale at any large UK retailers.

Jacen_Solo
05-30-2005, 06:46 PM
I think we'll see it later this year. ROTS will end with 56 figures (which at this rate will be June/July).

I kinda view the Evolutions and Battle Packs due July/August as the transition from Sith to the Unified Line. The packaging no longer says ROTS, whilst even the Luke ROTJ lightsaber features the ROTS logo now, so this really suggests that they are part of a seperate line.

That said, I think that the first few waves of this will be all ROTS based (hence the 12 more ROTS figures talk we've been having recently). Once we hit the end of this year/start of next and see the "unified" element of the line then I think we could get the return of themed waves since they were very popular in 2004.

I think the line will be a lot more like Saga 04 - good mix of new characters and resculpts of key characters, with themed waves of 3-5 figures per month (averages 48 per year). The line will focus on 1-6 but I'm willing to bet there could be 1 or 2 "EU" themed waves per year (would love one for Clone Wars and one for Legacy of the Force next year). Quality wise I'd look at Saga 04 and ROTS Collection 2 for most figures, and perhaps VOTC and Evolutions for a few figures.

Animated Clone Wars and any new media (CGI Clone Wars/Live Action) would be seperate lines.

tauntaunweequay
05-30-2005, 09:37 PM
That would make an awesome new card design too, the black and gold

Pocketmego
05-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Black and Gold would be a good idea, as it would be a mix/mash of old and modern.

-Ray

echo1441
05-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I think we'll see it later this year. ROTS will end with 56 figures (which at this rate will be June/July).

Hasbro has already confirmed that there will be 12 more Rots figs later this year(probably to be announced at comic-con)

The Swami over at GH has an interesting tidbit about what is to come next. Basically that we will see a return of otc style cards and that Hasbro is going to also do more votc, possibly releasing the entire vintage line

Dark_Apprentice
05-30-2005, 11:25 PM
hmmm

knightone
05-31-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't care what style card they come on as long as I tget a ROTS style Barriss Ofee, every ROTS clone commander, and one of every ROTS clone grunt.

ETA: I also want better qulaity Separatist droids. I qwant some better/harder plastic used on them so they can actually stand without crushing or drooping under their own weight.

Jacen_Solo
05-31-2005, 03:14 AM

Hasbro has already confirmed that there will be 12 more Rots figs later this year(probably to be announced at comic-con)

Yes, but did they say that they would be part of the ROTS line? Remember when POTJ launched a unified line in 2000 it did so with 8 TPM figures and only 1 OT figure.

I have no doubt that there will be another 12 (or more) ROTS figures before the end of the year, all I'm saying is I think they will be the start of the unified line rather than tagged onto the end of the ROTS line.

That said the re-doing of the entire vinatge line VOTC style would be VERY cool! But part of me feels it would take away what made the VOTC figures special and unique in the first place.

GNT
05-31-2005, 03:40 AM
Hasbro will most likely merge all the films into one cardback that all the figures can be released on - kinda like OTC which had all 3 OT films covered. Since Hasbro changes the card every year or every couple of years I'd expect a change for the 2006 line, the first time all figures from 6 films will be on one card (that is unless Hasbro has different cards for each film) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PSB81
05-31-2005, 02:18 PM
I read that over at swami on gh too and I think its bs.

Hasbro was weary about committing to any more VOTC style figs now they're gonna rerelease over a hundred of em?

Acclaimed
05-31-2005, 02:29 PM
I heard a rumor that the new line would be kuje the POTF2 Line -- a complete remake of everything. Heard it would start out with the basics -- Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Leia, R2-D2, etc. but'll probably include basic characters from other movies too.

Aren't you guys tired of buying the same figures over and over. I've got tons of the same characters and that gets stale. I know there are only a certain number of people from the movies, but I have seen enough luke and obi wan for a long time.

What I would like to see are figures of the original sketches for ANH. NOW THAT WOULD BE COOL.

jedicat
05-31-2005, 04:23 PM
I like the sound of a Star Wars Universe line. On black and gold cards. Sounds very cool.
I would really like to see some figures from the books, especially from Zahn's works and the Vong series.

Clone_Commander
07-12-2005, 12:01 PM
So has anything about it been confirmed yet?

Real_Scooby
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Check out this post at the mainpage from yesterday:

UPDATE: More Hasbro Details Uncovered (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=93695)

If thats what will come after ROTS, the figure collecting business wont be over that soon.

Personally I always wanted a resculpted Boushh and Fortuna, the "unfrozen" Solo from the diorama was nice, but to small so this is welcome in my books too.

The two reissues are fine for new collectors.

Only think I dislike is the description of the Captured Chewbacca. I hope its just what the writer thought to see, cause I just canīt see, why Hasbro would go back to the small Chewie sculpt when they have several great tall ones. All the need would reuse the VOTC one and add some chains and maybe binders.

Hope to see some images soon http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boushh
07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm dying to see some pics soon too! I'm crossing my fingers that we might hear or see something more at CC tomorrow.

Masterfett
07-12-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't like the wrap around bubble, I hope they do away with that soon!

DarthTyrannus
07-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Im really hoping for a whole line dedicated to army builders.
2 Pack Figures...
AOTC Clones
ROTS Clones
501st Clones
Battle Droids
Clone Commanders from AOTC and ROTS
Stormtroopers
Sandtroopers
Scouttroopers
Snowtroopers...
itd be awesome

Masterfett
07-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Maybe they should sell a separate line like they did for Clone Wars and have nothing but army builders. Clones and their variations, Battle droids, SBD's, DD's, deluxe droids, etc.
They could even do battle packs set up like this: 5 clones= Commander with 4 troops! The same with Battle Droids.