PDA

View Full Version : So Cal ROTS Review

infamous
05-19-2005, 04:23 PM
All and all it was a great film, I'm not going to say it tops Empire or Jedi yet, I'm going to have to go watch it again before I make that judgement. Right now it is my 3rd favorite out of all 6 films.TOO MUCH was taken out(that [censored] lucas knows what he's doing...it was purposly done) I hope to god lucas goes back and rerecords that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" scene and I really liked him on that flat bed when his hands were up rather then down(how it originally was shot) I was dissapointed in Grievous... I mean I know the guy was supposed to be a decoy but I mean an old sounding guy that coughs all the time was hardly intimidating and how Obi1 was cutting his hands off at will pretty much it seemed. I really wanted to see that battle between cody and obi1 ya know the rumor about cody be the OG guy that called obi1 "ben" chewy and tarfull had about a good 2-3minutes in the film and the same with c3po I know who gives a [censored] but come on, guy deserves more camera time. Acting wise I'm gonna go with Ewan he stole the show, GREAT acting, Ian comes right after him and then Hayden. Hayden did a much better acting job then I anticipated. I'll probably give more opinions after watching it a second time, but this is all for now.

Cataclizm1
05-19-2005, 04:58 PM
This movie was INCREDIBLE!!! I brought my GF to see it with me, and she wasn't that big of a star wars fan...now she's calling herself a star wars geek! She was in tears at parts of the movie, like

spoilers

the clones turn and the burning of Anakin. I knew the spoilers so it didn't touch me as much but if I hadn't read the spoilers I'm sure i would have been as emotional as her. My favorite parts of the movie: The opening dogfight was so cool! Ani vs. Dooku pt. 2.....awesome. Obi vs. Grevious.....ACTION PACKED! The clones turn: The scenes were so eerie and the music fit it perfectly. You could tell alot of the people in the theater couldn't believe what they were seeing. Yoda vs. Sidious, and before they fight he knocks out two Red Royal guards: priceless. The crowd loved it. The final duel between Ani/ Vader and Obi = AWESOME. All 5 (FIVE!) of the lightsaber battles were INTENSE! Go see this movie NOW!!! Best of the Star Wars movies in my opinion.

infamous
05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
This movie was INCREDIBLE!!! I brought my GF to see it with me, and she wasn't that big of a star wars fan...now she's calling herself a star wars geek! She was in tears at parts of the movie, like

Yea I felt real emotional when the Jedi started to die, especially when *SPOILER* anakin killed the kid jedis *END SPOILER* but us tough guys have to keep strong http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif my gf got teary eyed though. the music alone...john williams is a genius.

infamous
05-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Heh, I guess nobody cared about the actual movie just the figures! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gifLOL http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

J3_M8
05-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Just got back from my second viewing and liked it just as much as the first. It really got to me the first viewing, way, way sadder than I expected, and I thought I was spoiled. Will go again on Saturday.

A few things, I do like how they gave a little life to the battle and super battle droids. "Exuse me" and "your welcome" oh and "stupid astro droid"

The scene when Mace died was very sad, I already knew what was going to happen, but came off way better than I expected.

Neitlich
05-20-2005, 11:23 AM
By far the best prequil. May not be Empire, but it was a very good film. I was disapointed that the only explanation we got of the Jedi Spirits was a quick line "Qui-Gon is back and he will teach you how to do this!" Lame.

But the movie rocked. I didn't see the trailer or anything other than playing with the action figures (which are wrong a lot, ie: Mon Mothma, Flying Clones, ect...) and SO GLAD I kept myself spoiler free for all this time. Was well worth my ignorance for 3 months for all the surprises I had!

Can't wait to give George more money as I go see it again.

Darth_Delirious
05-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm looking for a digital theatre to see the movie in for a second time. Do any of you know which theatres around OC have digital screens?

I'm looking at either:

Tustin Marketplace
or
Anaheim Hills 14 (off Weir Canyon and Santa Ana)

Thanks

infamous
05-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I'm looking for a digital theatre to see the movie in for a second time. Do any of you know which theatres around OC have digital screens?

I'm looking at either:

Tustin Marketplace
or
Anaheim Hills 14 (off Weir Canyon and Santa Ana)

Thanks

Irvine Spectrum shows it Digitally and they have an IMAX screen there, but I heard that with the IMAX screen they show it a normal film real, but for another normal size screen they show it digitally, hopefully somebody can clarify this for me?... thanks because im with you on seeing it a second time digitally.

jd23
05-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Irvine Spectrum has a DLP theater that shows the film on a normal screen digitally. The IMAX theater would only show a normal film print on the IMAX screen. If you search on Moviefone they have a separate listing of times that the Spectrum shows EPIII in the digital theater. Hope this helps.

infamous
05-28-2005, 05:11 AM
Irvine Spectrum has a DLP theater that shows the film on a normal screen digitally. The IMAX theater would only show a normal film print on the IMAX screen.

that is totally retarded IMO.

if you are going to have an IMAX screen why not play digitally on it?

jd23
05-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Even if the IMAX theater was equipped with a digital projector the film would still be the size of a normal screen because at this point an IMAX version of EPIII hasn't been created. IMAX uses 70mm film versus the standard 35mm film that all major films are released on. Episode II was transferred to IMAX using technology that blows up the 35mm image to 70mm but the cost associated with doing this is high and in most cases the return on investment will not be worth it.

infamous
05-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Understood.

jd23
05-28-2005, 05:05 PM
I went to go see it this morning at the Irvine Spectrum in the digital theater and I was kind of disappointed (maybe not disappointed just not overly impressed with the difference in quality). The theater is small and even though the picture quality is crisp I felt that the audio was much better when I saw it in one of the big theaters at the Block. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it at the Spectrum at this point (maybe when the film is near the end of it's theatrical run because the film prints will start to show wear and tear)-- plus that place is so overpriced and parking there is crazy.

infamous
05-29-2005, 02:56 AM
I went to go see it this morning at the Irvine Spectrum in the digital theater and I was kind of disappointed (maybe not disappointed just not overly impressed with the difference in quality). The theater is small and even though the picture quality is crisp I felt that the audio was much better when I saw it in one of the big theaters at the Block. I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it at the Spectrum at this point (maybe when the film is near the end of it's theatrical run because the film prints will start to show wear and tear)-- plus that place is so overpriced and parking there is crazy.

werd? damn They charge for parking at the Irvine Spectrum? that's all I needed to know!

CommanderRedd
07-26-2005, 08:23 PM
This movie was INCREDIBLE!!! like,
the clones turn and the burning of Anakin. I knew the spoilers so it didn't touch me as much but if I hadn't read the spoilers I'm sure i would have been as emotional as her. My favorite parts of the movie: The opening dogfight was so cool! Ani vs. Dooku pt. 2.....awesome. Obi vs. Grevious.....ACTION PACKED! The clones turn: The scenes were so eerie and the music fit it perfectly. You could tell alot of the people in the theater couldn't believe what they were seeing. Yoda vs. Sidious, and before they fight he knocks out two Red Royal guards: priceless. The crowd loved it. The final duel between Ani/ Vader and Obi = AWESOME. All 5 (FIVE!) of the lightsaber battles were INTENSE! Go see this movie NOW!!! Best of the Star Wars movies in my opinion.

Could'nt have said it better my self!