PDA

View Full Version : The Cinerama Dome of ArcLight

lukehu
05-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Hello, everyone.

I have reserved my tickets at the ArcLight Hollywood for the showing on 4:00pm May 25, 2005. My seat number is N24, I'd love to say hello to you if you happen to be the ones sit next (or nearby) to me.

I have also been told that the Cinerama Dome of ArcLight is the best place for viewing Revenge of the Sith. It's much better equipped than the very old Mann Village Theater in Westwood (which many Star Wars Fans considered to be the best, by the way).

Of course I was trying to reserve it on an earlier date, but they were either all sold-out, or only the worst seats were left.

Has anyone else reserved their seats at ArcLight?

http://www.arclightcinemas.com/dome.jsp?path=about

skye
05-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Yep, I'm seeing it at the Arclight too. If you have never been, prepare yourself for a very nice cinematic time. Lucas allegedly does not like "the dome," so I doubt it will be playing there. Which is good news, because the dome is very lame. It sounds cool, but it is not.

BTW, it is The Mann Chinese theater that is considered "the" Star Wars theater. The Westwood Mann (where the premier was) is also a great theater, but not the Chinese.

lukehu
05-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Although there are 16 cinema rooms at ArcLight, the tickets I reserved are indeed for the Dome, and Dome only. I can't cancel or exchange them once I placed my order.

I have never been to ArcLight before, so Revenge of the Sith will be my first ever experience. Please explain what do you mean by saying, "THE DOME IS VERY LAME." They cost me $14.00 for each ticket and I had to search from May 19 all the way to May 25, because most of these dates were sold-out already.

lukehu
05-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Hi there,

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Some people really love the Dome. There are many theaters at the ArcLight. All but one of them are huge screened, theater style theaters. The dome is the exception. It was made during the fifties, and was created for a different kind of film. It was a precursor to IMAX.

Anyways, some people think that it is hard to watch a regular film on the dome. Some people love it. I don't like it, but let me tell you this: I would rather see it on the dome at the ArcLight on opening weekend, than see it in 99.9 other theaters in the world. Why? Because seeing Star Wars in LA during the opening week is what it is all about. This theater is "the" theater this time around. It used to be the Chinese, but now it is ArcLight.

You should be very psyched to be seeing it there, dome or no. Let me know what you think of the dome too, I am curious.

enjoy the movie!

Skye

EeChooTaa
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
I miss LA...