PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Area Report

infamous
04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Post L.A. Area Reports here.

JayDouble
04-16-2005, 11:59 AM
It's really a So Cal forum and not just OC. Feel free and post your area reports in there. Welcome aboard!

D_Punch
04-29-2005, 01:28 PM
i'm in L.A. but i'm close to OC, i was jw why there isnt a LA Forum cuz i havent seen one.

I always wondered that myself. I believe, I can recall that there was one back in the day (a few years ago), but it probably died due to lack of posts.

I do read the oc boards to get a sense of what my area might have, but most of the time these stores are just way too far for me to go to.

There are a few of us here though, including "cataclizm1"...i'd be down to start a new thread if you guys would like to contribute as well.

Cataclizm1
04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I'll contribute!

Cataclizm1
05-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey scummers. Went to the L.A. walmart on Crenshaw Blvd and what do I find....The Deluxe operating table vader. But not one...but 5 of them all in a scalper's hands. I gave him the puppydog face and asked him if I could have one and he gave me the most beaten up one. I also found the jetpack clones and several yoda on Cancals and the deluxe vulture droid( is that what it's called?) I was so pissed at the scalper but I managed to find another Vader table and Jetpack clone and i hid both nice. If any scummer wants to know where, just PM me...1st one gets the location.

Oh yeah, I also picked up the new Nine Inch Nails, and the ROTS soundtrack!!! It's unbelievably good. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jedi_wannabe
05-03-2005, 12:12 PM
nothing at the pico rivera wlmart or target.

Master_Phruby
05-03-2005, 12:18 PM
There is always the JediDefender store report forum for all of southern california.

Cataclizm1
05-03-2005, 12:27 PM
There is always the JediDefender store report forum for all of southern california.

Master Phruby, Can you please link the web address for this store report forum? thanks!

Master_Phruby
05-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Sure.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=296.1515

We are having a JediDefender get together at Hooters on the May 14th for all us collectors in southern california. Details are there.

jedi_wannabe
05-03-2005, 07:48 PM
lets just make this thread here our L.A area thread. somebody rename the thread.

infamous
05-03-2005, 07:57 PM
lets just make this thread here our L.A area thread. somebody rename the thread.

Done. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

infamous
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
saw a bunch of darth vaders and red saber palpatines at the hawthorne and bell gardens TRU. also spotted some darth taters http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Target in south gate has nothing but peg warmers. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

JayDouble
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Like I said in my previous post you guys are more than welcome to come and post in the Orange County. It's really not just for OC people. Some of the people actually live in LA county like me and a few others. I actually feel it helps us out if we all post in one thread, that way we know stuff is coming out regardless of location. Just my 2 cents. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D_Punch
05-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Wow, this is great...i didn't think people who actually post here. Haven't had a chance to do much hunting, but I will definitely post my finds or nonfinds as it may be.

Cataclizm, it's good how you're already familiar with "find, stash, and pm" technique, which I've done with some other collectors i know. Let's all keep it up!

Master_Phruby
05-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Cataclizm, it's good how you're already familiar with "find, stash, and pm" technique, which I've done with some other collectors i know. Let's all keep it up!

So much for helping each other out. What's the point of having a 'look what I found' thread if people keep their finds a secret?

infamous
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM

So much for helping each other out. What's the point of having a 'look what I found' thread if people keep their finds a secret?

right, right.

D_Punch
05-04-2005, 01:05 PM

I don't think you get it. There are no 'secrets' involved here. A person finds a figure (#41 clone for example), stashes it somewhere in the store then posts that he/she has found it at that particular store informing the others that it is available. From there the first person who pm's/emails him or her gets the location and the figure (in the same manner that cataclizm just did). I'm not sure how this constitutes not "helping each other out."

I can't account for any of your personal experiences, but by the time I've read locations of figures and made my way down to the store, they're long gone. In addition, it's been known that scalpers lurk on the boards in order to scout for information. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather stash a figure for the benefit of local collectors here who are contributors of this board.

FalconClones
05-04-2005, 02:07 PM
You know I brought up an idea similar to this awhile back, no one was interested. I have noticed something that other boards are doing now that is much better, they are using code words for everything. A word for each store, and a code for each location. I know it could take awhile but I'm sure we could compile some kind of list and send it to each other on these boards so we can understand the codes. So what do you guys say? if it's too much trouble I understand. This is the best idea to avoid lurkers.

FalconClones
05-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Actually to make it easier we could just give a code word to the location but not the store, that way it won't get too confusing. Example:

"I found Tank Gunners at Target this morning in Dagobah"

This is just an example.

Master_Phruby
05-04-2005, 03:00 PM
That's a better idea.

The problem with the 'pm me first' idea is that person that pms you could be a scalper/lurker just as easy as a ligit collector. So what's the difference between announcing it to the world or being pming by the first scalper/lurker/collector that you receive?

JayDouble
05-04-2005, 04:04 PM
What we should do is just post what you need and some one in your area can help you out. Paul and have done this a couple of times. If you pick somthing up and the person doesn't need it, no big deal. We visit the same stores quite frequently so returning shouldn't be a hassle.

Master_Phruby
05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Amen! Brother Jay!

FalconClones
05-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey whatever works. I just would like to have a good system going. I would be more than happy to pick up figs for people and vice versa. I noticed alot of you guys are out near Fullerton and Orange, I can cover most of South Orange County I'm out in Aliso Viejo so I usually hit stores in these areas,

Mission Viejo
San Clemente
Foothill Ranch
Rancho Santa Margarita
Aliso Viejo
Laguna Hills

Together we can blanket almost all of Orange County! I would also like to have a trading type of thing too, I seen on some other boards that people meet up every once in awhile at the local coffee shop for trades. That would be awesome and probably help alot of us out!

D_Punch
05-04-2005, 06:48 PM
That's a better idea.

The problem with the 'pm me first' idea is that person that pms you could be a scalper/lurker just as easy as a ligit collector. So what's the difference between announcing it to the world or being pming by the first scalper/lurker/collector that you receive?

The difference is that anyone can read the boards; the realm of possibility is open completely. In order to send pm's one has to register. It essentially acts as a first level gate or "deterrent." Right there at the first step, you'll eliminate the ones who won't go so far as to register and pm someone. But let's say for argument's sake, a scalper does register or is already registered for this purpose. Let me tell you a story....

Back when the votc came out at one point votc C3po was extremely difficult to find (perhaps he still is). Well I happen to come upon three of them one day. One was for myself and I hid two others and posted it. Next thing, I get a pm from a name that I never recognized. I take a look at the post count...1 post. Registration date was within a couple days (and they never posted after that)--obviously not a contributor. Well guess what, I didn't give one to him. It's possible to discern whether someone is a lurker/scalper based on certain criteria. I can see the names that have posted on this thread as well as others. And what if a regular poster is a scalper in disguise? Well, there'd be no way of knowing that in any circumstance so it'd be beyond control anyways.

The potential loophole you see in the 'pm system' is just as problematic in the 'code word system' you say you think is more secure. Someone is going to have to develop it and reveal it to people. Who are you going to screen? Quoting your earlier question, who's to say that a scalper could not ask for the code and simply get it? One could easily pm the code to a scalper. I don't think this system is necessarily worse...in fact if you're going Pm people the code, a first level deterrent is in place, which I think makes both methods superior to simply posting where you find things. This isnít a pi$$ing contest about whose method is better; the difference is that the pm method is simpler in my opinion--a couple clicks and a message is sent. One does not have to worry about developing code words and their respective translations or having new collectors constantly asking for the code.

FalconClones
05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok Apparenatly no one is gonna agree with some plan here, so I guess lets just stick to basics. If there are lurkers reading these posts everyday, which I'm sure there are then so be it, we'll just have to keep being one step ahead. I'm willing to do either or PM or Code word, I don't really care which one. I was just hoping we could put an end to these scalpers once and for all!

jedi_wannabe
05-04-2005, 09:36 PM
i scoped the pallets at the pico rivera walmart tonight and saw no star wars cases. so i guess no cinco de mayo score for me tomorrow.

Darth_Nemesis
05-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Guys, count me in for south Orange County as well. I can check Santa Ana, Tustin, Foothill Ranch, Mission Viejo and Rancho Sta. Margarita.

I think it would be awesome if we could help each other collect figures. PM's or emails would be fine, or meetings as well.

jedi_wannabe
05-05-2005, 01:11 PM
santa fe springs target had figures 37, 39 and 40 at about 10:30am. i stashed a few in the store in case some of you still need them. just check behind the lego tie fighter sets.

Cataclizm1
05-05-2005, 02:00 PM
TRU in Hawthorne, CA had TONS of 37, 39, 40 today...but NO TANK GUNNERS!!! :*(

infamous
05-05-2005, 02:45 PM
nothing but peg warmers at the south gate target and bell gardens TRU had a bunch of red saber palpatines, weird that those are becoming peg warmers now heh.

infamous
05-05-2005, 02:47 PM
i'm actually looking for darth taters... i saw a few at the hawthorne TRU but didnt get one cuz i didnt have much cash on me. anybody spot any recently?

Cataclizm1
05-05-2005, 03:58 PM
i'm actually looking for darth taters... i saw a few at the hawthorne TRU but didnt get one cuz i didnt have much cash on me. anybody spot any recently?

Personally, the Tator isn't on my "must have" list...but I'll keep an eye out on one for ya!

D_Punch
05-06-2005, 01:14 PM

I didn't realize these were hard to find. You might want to call Walmart in City of Industry. They had tons and tons initially, although they might all be sold.

jedi_wannabe
05-06-2005, 08:02 PM
the walmart in pico rivera will be putting our about 3 cases of the clone commander/red saber palps/clone pilot wave tomorrow. saw them sitting on the pallet just a while ago.

Rebel86
05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Went to the Target in South Gate (not expecting anything) and there was a bunch of #33,34,35,and 36!!! I picked up one of each, it was the first time I see any of these figs around that area.They were priced at $5.24!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jedi_wannabe
05-07-2005, 01:08 PM
the walmart in pico rivera will be putting our about 3 cases of the clone commander/red saber palps/clone pilot wave tomorrow. saw them sitting on the pallet just a while ago.

I guess I was wrong. There must have been some other cases hiddend on the pallet, or another pallet i didn't see. My walmart had lots of the 41-44 wave. I picked up all the clones and most of the Wookie Warriors. There were several some 42's and 44's there when I left the store this morning at 9am.

jedi_wannabe
05-10-2005, 12:58 PM
just came back from the walmart in pico rivera and there were 6 ARC-170's and 2 Early Bird sets sitting on the shelf.

jubjubjedi
05-11-2005, 05:33 PM
They put out MANY cases of the 41-44 wave this morning, as well as the Exclusive Clones. However, not a single 41 Clonetrooper when I got there this afternoon ...apparently, one guy walked away with 33 of them this morning! No doubt one of the local scalpers in the area (probably know who, usually seels at the Shrine and/or Frank and Sons), but if you need Neimodians and Wookies, this is the place right now in the South Bay.

Rebel86
05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
They put out MANY cases of the 41-44 wave this morning, as well as the Exclusive Clones. However, not a single 41 Clonetrooper when I got there this afternoon ...apparently, one guy walked away with 33 of them this morning! No doubt one of the local scalpers in the area (probably know who, usually seels at the Shrine and/or Frank and Sons), but if you need Neimodians and Wookies, this is the place right now in the South Bay.

What Store is this???

D_Punch
05-15-2005, 01:02 AM
hit Walmart West Hills tonight...nothing but a few pilots. red sabered palps are begining to warm the pegs.

target west hills...nada as well.

jubjubjedi
05-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Target in Gardena and Torrance put out 2 cases each this past week, they have bare pegs so I'm expecting more out of these stores this week. Neither have yet to put out as much as the Manhattan Beach branch did on Wednesday of last week though...last I checked, they had 3 full pegs of Clone Pilots...seeing Clone Commanders at ATTE gunners starting to sit past noon, so i'm guessing these shouldn't be hard to fine anymore.

Cataclizm1
05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
I know this may sound unbelievable...but I've been seeing more RED ROYAL GUARDS!! Since I work right across the street from city of Hawthorne TRU, I go there almost everyday. And i saw a guy buy 2 red guards yesterday...and today I found one!! Now I have two red guards to flank my Emporer!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif . Sorry but they don't have anymore, but they stock pretty regularly. Nothing above 40 though.

jedi_wannabe
05-26-2005, 08:41 AM
anybody seen the new wave yet?

infamous
05-29-2005, 03:01 AM
ANYBODY SEE ANY COUNT DOOKU OR MACE WINDU LATELY??

jedi_wannabe
05-29-2005, 03:53 PM
ANYBODY SEE ANY COUNT DOOKU OR MACE WINDU LATELY??

nope, and i haven't seen any darth sedious either.

Cool_Han_Luke
05-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Saw Dooku this morning (actually 2) at Target in Inglewood. Mace I saw him at TRU in Culver City yesterday and TRU LA on La Cienega.

infamous
05-30-2005, 10:39 PM
thanks man appreciate it!

i will go on hunt tomorrow.

infamous
05-31-2005, 02:59 PM
damn i wasnt able to get out there because work errands and im still at work and then after work 2 term papers due tomorrow and studying for finals... which are tomorrow damn, i bet they are gone anyway, please people still keep the look out, thanks!

Cool_Han_Luke
06-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Forget about checking those stores. I checked today and neither of the figures were at either store. I would keep checking in the future though.

jd23
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
the shelves at the Brea Wal-Mart and Yorba Linda Target are looking pretty thin.

infamous
06-02-2005, 08:58 PM
My GF picked me up a Mace Windu from the TRU in Burbank, now just gotta find DOOKU!

jedi_wannabe
06-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I saw 7 Mustafar playsets at my local Walmart this morning.

infamous
06-10-2005, 09:29 PM
every place i go i see the same assortment, with anakin#1 obi-wan#2 #41 clone trooper, pilot commander, and the nemodian warrior, grrrr

MetalJedi
06-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Nothing worth mentioning at Upland Walmart, Upland Target or Rancho Cucamonga Target. A few days ago saw one lonely #48 R2-D2 but left him. Just looking for Fried Anakin and Bacarra

Cataclizm1
06-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I havn't seen anything past #44...I want a TARKIN!!...and a crispy anakin and bacara!

Clonevader
06-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Yes, i am always at Upland Walmart too! I already saw Bacara, Fried Anakin, and R2D2 there. they got snagged up so fast, i managed to grab 2 of each. But they have an inside toy dept. scalper there. his name is STEVE!!!!! Ughh, i hate him, lol

Oracle
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I hit some L.A. County stores after work last night:

Alhambra & Montebello TRU stores:
Restock of figures, but nothing higher than #44 (a couple of #41 troopers, but not many; no Bacarra)
restock of electronic lightsabers, but no Mace Windu

City of Industry TRU:
Restock of figures, but nothing higher than #44; no Bacarra

City of Industry Walmart (down the street from TRU):
Restock of figures, including #48 R2D2, but no Tarkin wave or Bacarras
Restock of Obi-Wan & Anakin starfighters

Pico Rivera Target:
Restock of figures, but nothing higher than #44; no Bacarra

Good luck!

Cataclizm1
07-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Baldwin Hills Walmart on Crenshaw had the following this morning in plenty: Many Antilles, Zetts, Utapauan Warriors, crispy anakins, at-te tank gunners, 41 clones, electric R2s, red guards, Vaders, clone pilots . Unfortunately no Bacaras or clone repaints. They had one lone Anakin-28-sith eye-variant which i purchased along with a crispy Anakin.

Cool_Han_Luke
07-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Baldwin Hills Walmart on Crenshaw had the following this morning in plenty: Many Antilles, Zetts, Utapauan Warriors, crispy anakins, at-te tank gunners, 41 clones, electric R2s, red guards, Vaders, clone pilots . Unfortunately no Bacaras or clone repaints. They had one lone Anakin-28-sith eye-variant which i purchased along with a crispy Anakin.

Reaaly? What time did you go there and do you think there will be anything left?

Cataclizm1
07-27-2005, 07:08 PM
I went right at 8 AM and had to race this little girl to the Star Wars section. Luckily I beat her there! I dunno what's left though. But when I went it was fully stocked with the figures I listed.

Cool_Han_Luke
07-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I went right at 8 AM and had to race this little girl to the Star Wars section. Luckily I beat her there! I dunno what's left though. But when I went it was fully stocked with the figures I listed.

Do you mean "little" as in petite and 17 or someone under the age of 10? By the way I was there this morning and nothing of interest except remnants of what was there yesterday and the day before. A couple of #48 and a couple of crispy anankins a few #41s and several from the Zett wave. No Bacaras.

brand4D2
07-28-2005, 11:15 PM
hey there CHL,

fancy seeing you here! thanks to your tip, i picked up 48, 51-53 tonight at the crenshaw walmart. i guess people are mainly interested in the royal guards and tank gunners from that case.

Cool_Han_Luke
07-29-2005, 01:44 AM
hey there CHL,

fancy seeing you here! thanks to your tip, i picked up 48, 51-53 tonight at the crenshaw walmart. i guess people are mainly interested in the royal guards and tank gunners from that case.

Yeah I thought it was about time to bring this thread out of the annals and plaster it back on the front page. I've been so busy hitting stores and profiling scalpers I thought it was a good time to post my finds and see what other folks are doing in our neck of the woods. Yeah that Walmart on Crenshaw was a deadspot for sometime but they have almost eliminated that FF display which was encroaching on the Star Wars section and now I think Star Wars is making a slight resurgence. Did find some stuff there this week and will continue to check it frequently. Glad you're filling the holes in your collection Figrin;) I think that KB got shipments today as they do every Thursday but only a select few got the #54-56 wave. If any other lurker can shed their 2 cents please oblige this poster http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cataclizm1
07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Do you mean "little" as in petite and 17 or someone under the age of 10?

She is probably around 20 at the oldest, kinda cute, and I race her there. She always is on the phone with someone, maybe her boyfriend, asking which numbers to pick up. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif