PDA

View Full Version : Where are you seeing it opening night?

Ray_N_Quiet_Rob
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I was curious as to where Fans will be lining up. I've opted for Downtown Disney. I'll be there early May 18th... doodlin'while I wait. LOL

I may do sketches on the spot while there.

FalconClones
04-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Sounds fun! I however am going to the theater right down the block from my Apartment in Aliso Viejo. The Aliso Stadium 20. That's where I saw Episode II as well. I will meet up with my buddy 2 hrs before the evening show, then my wife will show up just before were let in. Also might meet up with some people I met during MM.

Carcaridon
04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Sounds fun! I however am going to the theater right down the block from my Apartment in Aliso Viejo. The Aliso Stadium 20. That's where I saw Episode II as well. I will meet up with my buddy 2 hrs before the evening show, then my wife will show up just before were let in. Also might meet up with some people I met during MM.

I saw Ep II there as well. Anyone seen movie times posted anywhere yet?

Darth_Delirious
04-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Saw both EI and EII at Irvine Spectrum (quite the crowd). I haven't decided yet where to go but I'm leaning toward there.

DarthAJ
04-06-2005, 07:37 PM
I saw Episode I and II at Aliso Stadium 20! I plan on seeing III there too.

Ray_N_Quiet_Rob
04-07-2005, 12:51 AM
I had to make the compromise. A friend and his wife who are going to that show are going to be at Downtown Disney at a Concert that night at House of Blues... he's a good buddy and we planned on seeing it together... I don't wanna screw him over. My second choice is Spectrum.

Master_Phruby
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Chino hills Kacordian. Then later Downtown Disney.

JayDouble
04-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Santa Anita AMC, then I'll make my rounds to Newport, Westwood, and Spectrum.

FalconClones
04-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Cool well it looks like a few of us are seeing this at the Stadium 20. Might see some of ya there. Of course it depends on what show everyone is going to. I might see it the following day after the Midnight showing, like Thursday after work on the 20th. That's what I did for the last two and there was hardly any line. Then for the other showings I will hit the Spectrum and any others. I saw Menace 10 times and Clones 8 times. I think this one will earn a 12 times viewing!! hehe.

infamous
04-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Norwalk AMC 20

FalconClones
04-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Well the rumors have been proven true. AMC Theaters are now selling ROTS tickets. If you go to their website click on their calendar and go to May 19th. I'm debating getting mine cause I'd rather wait for Edward's theaters to go on sale on the 20th. The Downtown Disney AMC and The Block in Orange are both pre-selling tickets online, as well as many others. If any one is interested then go for it!

infamous
04-15-2005, 08:18 PM
I'll be picking up my tickets tomorrow morning http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

infamous
04-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Just picked up my tickets, gonna be seeing it at the AMC Norwalk 20. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ray_N_Quiet_Rob
04-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I just bought my tickets for the 12:01 at the Irvine Spectrum.

I plan on being there super early and will be doodlin' the whole day. LOL

FalconClones
04-17-2005, 11:44 PM
What?? I though Regal tickets didn't go on sale until 4/20, dang it, I better get on it. Did you get you ticket online?

infamous
04-17-2005, 11:57 PM
I purchased my tickets at the theater.

FalconClones
04-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Nevermind, I found them. All showtimes are available for purchase for Edwards theaters now through Fandango. I will have to make sure to request a day off work now. hehe

FalconClones
04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Just purchased my tickets finally. Goin to the 8pm showing on May 19th at the Aliso Stadium 20. Anyone else seeing it here?

J3_M8
04-25-2005, 02:13 AM
Same place I went for the opening of TPM and AOTC, Irvine Spectrum.

Darth_Nemesis
04-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I got tickets for the midnight show at the Big Newport. I saw EpI there and I camped out for an entire week, that was an experience! After the midnight show I am watching it again at 10am at the Spectrum.

When Episode II came around I was out of town when the tickets went on sale so I missed out on the Big Newport/Spectrum. I watched EpII at Aliso Viejo and for that one I was in line all day.

Anybody care to share your line experiences?

infamous
04-29-2005, 05:16 AM
I did not go to a midnight showing for EP1 as I was in high school and needed my sleep since it was wrestling season, but did see it the day it came out. EP2 I was out of high school and you bet I was at the midnight showing at the AMC Norwalk 20, well it wasnt the midnight showing as I went and got tickets a week in advance and that was too late the 12:00 show was sold out but luckily they had a 12:10 showing and that's the one I got tickets for. I went to the Wendy's down the street from there around 9 to eat dinner with a friend who I was going to see AOTC with and we ate and talked about how great it's going to be and how we can't wait, clearly we were rookies to the midnight showing game so ofcourse upon getting there we saw a HUGE line and got at the end of it, ended up having to sit in the front. This time around I bought my EP3 Midnight showing tickets as soon as they went on sale, no way am i going to have to go to no 12:10 showing lol. This time around we are gonna get there around 8 to get in line, bring food with us and eat dinner in line to make sure we get the best seat possible for this great movie http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JayDouble
05-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Just bought tickets for the midnight showing at Santa Anita. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holographic_Elvis
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Just bought tickets for the midnight showing at Santa Anita. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And that's where I'll be too.

Rebel86
05-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Is Fandango.com a good place to buy tickets??? Cause Im thinking of buying them there I just want to know if its a good site to buy them from???

jedi_wannabe
05-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i'm watcching ep 3 at the regal in la habra

infamous
05-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Is Fandango.com a good place to buy tickets??? Cause Im thinking of buying them there I just want to know if its a good site to buy them from???

Why not just go to the theater and buy it there?

Carcaridon
05-11-2005, 05:56 PM
I got tickets for the midnight show at the Big Newport. I saw EpI there and I camped out for an entire week, that was an experience! After the midnight show I am watching it again at 10am at the Spectrum.

When Episode II came around I was out of town when the tickets went on sale so I missed out on the Big Newport/Spectrum. I watched EpII at Aliso Viejo and for that one I was in line all day.

Anybody care to share your line experiences?

For Ep2 I walked up in line 15 mins before at the Tustin Marketplace theater and had almost the entire theater to myself. This was an 11am show on the day it opened. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rebel86
05-11-2005, 08:32 PM

Why not just go to the theater and buy it there?

Yeah well I did go to the theatre to buy tickets for May 19 @ 7pm, but the girl said they were only selling for the midnight showing (which I would go to but no one else wants to go cause its "too late") so I was thinking of buying them through that site but ILL just go early that day and buy them then.

Master_Phruby
05-12-2005, 09:09 PM
I bought tickets today for the midnight show here in Chino Hills. It should be a blast! Make sure you bring your lightsabers to the show!

Neitlich
05-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I'll be at Big Newport. Largest screen this side of the Mississippi. Amazing crowd there for I and II. Lets see if this is the one to beat.

infamous
05-14-2005, 05:18 PM
I've heard about how great and big the big newport screen is, how big is it? I'm prolly going to go see it midnight in norwalk then IMAX and a couple other times at other theaters.

FalconClones
05-15-2005, 11:25 PM
I can't take it anymore!!! I'm gonna burst! Only 3.5 days left!! Well 4 days for me as I have tickets for the May 19th showing at 8pm. Hope everyone has a great time!! Finally a prequel that people will have a hard time complaining about!!

J3_M8
05-16-2005, 12:41 AM
I can't take it anymore!!! I'm gonna burst! Only 3.5 days left!!

I thought I was the only one. In 72 hours I'll be in line!!! Midnight I'm going with friends. Then Thursday morning I'm taking the wife, then after my son gets out of school, guess where I'm taking him???

I'm going for the ROTS opening day tripleheader.

Master_Phruby
05-16-2005, 08:49 AM
USA Today gave it 3 1/2 stars. No too shabby!

FalconClones
05-16-2005, 10:26 AM
That's a great sign. I also saw on Yahoo that alot of the big news people that saw the premiere loved it. There were a couple of reviews posted in Yahoo from Variety magazine, both were in praise of the movie!!

Darth_Delirious
05-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Anyone watching this at the Irvine Spectrum?

I'll be in the 12:15 PM line on Thursday. I'm thinking of getting their 4 hours early so I should have a decent spot in line. :-)

infamous
05-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Do yourselves all a favor as I am and go back and watch The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and the Clone Wars cartoon before seeing the new movie. Really immerse yourself into the Star Wars saga. After all, this is the last time you can.

FalconClones
05-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I did that already, I had a BBQ on Saturday and about 5 of us watched TPM and AOTC back to back, now it's fresh in my mind. Can't wait for Thursday!!

J3_M8
05-16-2005, 12:57 PM

I'll be in the 12:15 PM line on Thursday. I'm thinking of getting their 4 hours early so I should have a decent spot in line. :-)

I'll be there for one of the midnight shows. We're going to show up at around 5 pm, just to feel the excitement.

Darth_Delirious
05-16-2005, 01:32 PM

I'll be there for one of the midnight shows. We're going to show up at around 5 pm, just to feel the excitement.

I wanted to go to the midnight showing but my group of 6 wused out on me.

infamous
05-16-2005, 06:03 PM
I did that already, I had a BBQ on Saturday and about 5 of us watched TPM and AOTC back to back, now it's fresh in my mind. Can't wait for Thursday!!

I'm going to be watching TPM tonight and tomorrow night I will watch AOTC and the Clone wars series, both of them.

Neitlich
05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Don't know exactly how big Big Newport is, I just know they advertise as the bigest movie screen on the west coast.

I saw I and II there and the party was huge. People tented for a week (I tented for three days for I, for II I go tthere at 4 am and all the people in tents got so pissed off. It's like it didn't occure to them that at some point other people were going to show up and form a line. I think the tenters were so used ot being the only ones there for a week that when the rest of the line formed throughout the day, they got pissed that those of us that didn't tent were still going to get great seats without giving up a week of our lives!

Oh well. It is good either way. I will get in line for Sith at 6 am on Wednesday.

MTFBWY all.

Scott