PDA

View Full Version : FIGURES FOR SALE! VERY CHEAP! MUST GO

Frank
03-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey guys,

I sold the main lot of figures on ebay (haven't received payment, so those MIGHT come back up here)...but for now, here's what I've got left since my last post:

Loose, Complete, Great Condition:

Probe Droid - $2.00
Snowtrooper w/E-Web Cannon - $2.00
Swoop Bike w/Trooper - $2.50
POTF2 Expanded Universe Speeder Bike w/Trooper - $2.50
Episode 1 Obi-Wan Kenobi - $.75
POTF EV-9D9 - $.75
POTF 8D8 - $1.00

Mint in Box:

Power of the Force Commtech Stormtrooper - $4.00
Attack of the Clones Yoda (Jedi Master) - $3.50
Attack of the Clones Anakin (Hangar Duel) - $3.50

If anyone is interested, PLEASE take these off my hands. Post here or e-mail me at: fjmckeever@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Frank
03-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Updated with a few new things and a few new prices...

Thanks.

piper
03-17-2005, 08:53 AM
I too was burned by this seller Frank. I understand the figure I bought was 2 dollars and shipping was 2 dollars, but its the principle behind it. I purchased a loose complete with all accesories Kyle Katarn. He arrived without weapon. I asked for the weapons or my money back. Not once, twice, but three times. This is the response I got.

Mark, sorry about the hassle. I'm not sure why I should refund you $2.00 for the entire figure and accessories just because you were missing the accessories - does that make much sense? If you'd like, I can send you $.50 to cover the accessories I didn't include in the bag through paypal, but paypal applies a $.30 fee to it, so there's really not much of a point in arguing over a quarter. Like I said, I'm sorry about the trouble and me not including the accessories....that was my fault.

The point is he admits he screwed up but wont remedy the situation. Its not a quarter I wasted its 4 bucks I wasted. Now I wasted 4 bucks and have to find one again with the weapons. Be careful, he is very dishonest. If he remedies the problem I will take back my feedback. I did post this in the bad trader section, but thought I would heads up everyone.

Sergiu
03-18-2005, 08:57 AM
If there are any problems with a trade/trader, you could talk to a moderator and also post this here:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=605774&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

CHEWIE
03-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I had a good experience with Frank... and wouldn't get too mad about a gun missing.

I'll pay you for the Kyke Kataran if you want to sell it. I don't need the weapons.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Frank
03-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks Chewie, I'm glad someone has my back here.

The problem was that he wanted a COMPLETE refund, which I thought was rediculous. I've offered to refund the $.50 for the weapon missing, but why should I refund the entire cost of the figure when he already has that portion of it? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyways, the prices have dropped once again, and this is the cheapest I can go. Let me know guys!

DGFD
03-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I complete refund is not ridiculous at all. First of all if you said the figure was complete it should have arrived complete. You do not just refund for the missing part. A good business person will think of the customer first and fix the problem and not just do what is easier or better for himself. Second of all, he does lose his four dollars because he is going to have to buy a whole new figure to get the weapons. Believe me, you are not going to find one person who sells individual weapons for a figure, so giving him back only $.50 when you were the one who false advertized is the ridiculous part.

And CHEWIE, having a figure with complete weapons makes a very big deal to a collector, even though it may not matter to you.

Frank
03-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Chewie got his figures complete. I forgot to put the weapon in the package with the kyle figure for the other customer. If he wants, I can still search around for it and send that out, I never even said I wouldnt completely refund his money, I just said I thought it was rediculous. I'm not sure how this classifies as "I GOT BURNED!" It was $4, not $4000.

Trust me guys, if I wanted to steal, I'd steal more than $4. I'll take care of the issue.

CHEWIE
03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
The thing that I think is just silly is worrying about just a couple bucks... it's almost hilarious. Agreed, I'd want the weapons too, but it's not the end the world. Nobody got "burnt" in my opinion.

piper
03-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Its not your 4 bucks, and not your business so no need to preach http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I dont think its absurd to want my money backor ask for the weapons when it is offered as complete with allaccessories. I asked for either the weapons or I would mail the figure back and he send me the 4 bucks that I paid and then he could sell it to someone who doesnt care if it has weapons or not. He could have easily remedied the situation my offering to look and mail the weapons or refunding the money and allowing me to mail the figure back. Four dollars will not kill me either, but its far from ridiculous. I would not have bothered getting the figure if it wasnt comlete with weapons as he said it was. I proposed this from my first response on. He responded it was his fault but not worth arguing over it. Thats not how selling works.

mark

Drizzit
03-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Nothing sucks more than expecting something a certian way and then not getting it the way you expected it.

Admiral_Ackbar
03-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, it could have been worse - see the monster thread a couple posts down.

Just be happy you received your figure.

If it were me on the receiving end, I would have notified Frank politely, he would have offered me $.50 and I would have been cool with that.

At least he's not an [censored] like James Vargas.

Edit the f'er word - mods need to fix this.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

piper
03-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Look, some people are okay with not getting what they are buying. I did ask 3 times for him to remedy the situation. Some people got their stuff, others havent. This is a word of caution. I agree its not the end of the world and this is minor to the stuff that others have faced. I also stated I would take back my warnings if he every fixed the problem.

Mark

Darth_Anton
03-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey Piper, I think I can help you out with a replacement, just PM me.

CHEWIE
03-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think it sucks that someone didn't get their weapons. I just don't think it's the end of the world. But I do understand that someone is unhappy, and for that I am sorry. That's why I offered to pay that person for it - I'll pay $6 for it shipped in a small cheap bubble mailer. I need a Kyle Katarn for a custom.

If you think you got ripped off - I placed an order with www.urbanoutfitters.com (http://www.urbanoutfitters.com) and spent over $150.00 - and they sent me the wrong stuff, and I have to return everything to get my money back - and they are not reimbursing me for the $10.00 shipping I have to pay for to send the crap back.

Frank made a mistake - and if he has the weapon he should send it in a regular envelope. If not, I am offering to buy the figure.

Frank
03-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks Chewie.

Mistakes happen. It's not like I wanted to keep the weapon or something...

piper
03-19-2005, 03:03 PM
The point stands you are a bad seller. You really didnt offer $0.50, you said its not worth arguring over it. The point is as a seller you had the opportunity to fix the problem by taking the figure back. Admitting you made a mistake means nothing to me or any future buyers, fixing the problem would have meant something. Once again its the principle, I know people have really been taken advantage of, this is minor compared to others. Also it doesnt matter if you wanted the weapons or not. I didnt want a incomplete figure. Chewie ,thanks for the offer, if I get another you can have it for the amount I paid.

Mark

i4imperial
03-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Frank doesn't deserve to wear a bad seller badge, but it is clear his level of service in the event of a mistake may not satisfy everyone on this forum.

Piper has a right to be upset. He paid the agreed amount but did not receive the agreed upon item. He never agreed to accepting a 50 cent refund if he doesn't get what he paid for, even if everyone else on this forum thinks its a reasonable fix.

We were all very sympathetic to Chewie when he got hosed by Urban Outfitters...what is so different here? Chewie agreed to pay $XX for XX items and did so. Urban Outfitters agreed to send XX items but didn't. Are we calling them a decent online retailer (that occasionally makes mistakes) for providing him his $XX back? No, we are collectively hammering them for not refunding the return shipping.

Both Piper and Chewie's feedback with respect to Frank and Urban Outfitters respectively is good and will help us all make informed decisions in the future as we consider risk-reward tradeoffs.

piper
03-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I agree, I will just say in my case I view him as a bad seller, for the reasons above. Others have had no problem. And with that I will leave this alone.

Mark