PDA

View Full Version : ROTS sightings in New Zealand.

stylie_steve
03-09-2005, 03:52 AM
Im sure I will be the only one using this thread but hey what the hell, im sure if any other kiwis stop by this could be usful for them.

So far here is the ROTS products that have been spotted around the country and where.

Preview Wave - $19.99 each at Toyworld's
$16.99 each at Farmers
$16.99 at each Kmart
$16.99 at each The Warehouse

Darth Vader Voice Changer - $109.99 at Toyworld
$99.99 at The Warehouse
$99.99 at Farmers

Darth Tater & Spudtrooper - $20.99 at The Warehouse/Farmers/Toyworld

ROTS Basic Figures - $13.99 -$19.99 pretty much everywhere that sells toys. Figures out in NZ are....
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack)
Yoda (Firing Cannon)
Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-Blaster)
Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage)
Clone Trooper (Quick Draw Attack)
Clone Trooper (Quick Draw Attack) - Shock Trooper Variant
R2-D2 (Droid Attack)
Grievous's Bodyguard (Battle Attack)
General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
Mace Windu (Force Combat)
Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack)
Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning)
Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor)
Bail Organa (Republic Senator)
Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
Battle Droid (Separatist Army)
C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
Padmé (Republic Senator)
Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
Red Royal Guard (Senate Security)
Mon Mothma (Republic Senator)
Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
Yoda (spinning Attack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack)
Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
Luminara Undili (Jedi Master)
Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
Clone Commander (Battle Gear)
Clone Commander (Battle Gear) – Green Variant
Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon)
Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) - Black Variant
Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack)
General Grievous (Exploding Body)
Vader's Medical Droid (Chopper Droid)
AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army)
Polis Massan (Medic)
Mas Amedda (Republic Senator)
Clone Trooper (Super Articulation)
Neimoidian Warrior (Neimoidian Weapon Attack)
Wookiee Warrior (Wookiee Battle Bash)
Wokkiee Warrior (Wokkiee Battle Bash) - Brown Variant
Destroyer Droid (Firing Arm-Blasters)
Tarkin (Governor)
Ask Aak (Senator)
Meena Tills (Senator)
R2-D2 (Electronic Lights and Sounds)
Commander Bacara (Quick Draw Attack)
Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damage)
AT-RT Driver (Missile Firing Blaster)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (with Pilot Gear)
Commander Bly (Battle Gear)
Wookiee Commando (Kashyyyk Battle Bash)
Commander Gree (Battle Gear)
Grievous' Bodyguard (Battle Attack)
Passel Argente (Separatist Leader)
Cat Miin (Separatist)
Neimoidian Commander (Separatist Bodyguard)

Exclusive Figures - $?
Holographic Yoda - $9.99 at Toyworld
Target Clone Trooper - Free Promo (finsihed) or between $5 - $19.99 at Toyworld
Utapau Shadow Trooper - $13.99 at Woolworths or Countdown Supermarkets/ Farmers/ The Warehouse

Deluxe figures - $24.99 - $29.99
Anakin Skywalker (Quick Change into Darth Vader)
Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid
Emperor Palpatine (Quick change into Darth Sidious)
General Grievous (Secret lightsaber attack)
Yoda (Fly into Battle) “Fly” into Battle with a Can-Cell
Darth Vader (Rebuild Darth Vader) Rebuild Darth Vader on the Operating Table
Vulture Droid (Firing Missile Launcher) with Firing Projectile and Buzz Droid
Clone Trooper (Firing Jet Backpack) with Firing Jet Backpack and Spring Open Wings
Clone Troopers (Build Your Army) Includes Three Different Clone Troopers – Red/Brown Variant
Crab Droid (Moving Legs and Missile Launcher) Legs Move and Launcher Fires Missile
Stass Allie (Exploding Action) BARC Speeder Changes into Battle Damage Mode
Spider Droid (Firing “Laser” Cannon) Wind Up Walking Action

500th Figure - $45 at Toyworld
Special Edition 500th Darth Vader

Commemorative Episode III DVD Collections - $29.63 at The Warehouse
Jedi Knights (Collection 1 of 3)
Sith Lords (Collection 2 of 3)
Clone Troopers (Collection 3 of 3)

Battle Vehicles - $39.99
Boga with Obi-Wan Kenobi
BARC Speeder with BARC Trooper
AT-RT with AT-RT Driver

Assault Vehicles - $69.99
Anakins Jedi Starfighter
Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter
Tri-Droid Fighter
Grievous Wheel Bike

12" Figures $49.99 at Kmart
Darth Sidious
Clone Trooper
General Grievous
Barriss Offee
Shakk Ti

12" Ultimate Villian $99.99 at Kmart

Star Wars Transformers - $29.85 at The Warehouse
Obi-Wan Kenobi/Jedi Starfighter
Darth Vader/TIE Advanced
General Grievous/Wheel Bike

Force Battlers
General Grievous
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Emperor Palpatine

Electronic Lightsabers
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin / Vader
Yoda
Mace
Dooku
Luke
Ultimate Lightsaber Kit

Attacktix are now out at Toyworld (not sure what types are out as I am not buying them, but there are in NZ at last if your interested)

LEGO
7250 LEGO Clone Scout Walker
7251 LEGO Darth Vader Transformation
7252 LEGO Droid Tri-Fighter
7255 LEGO General Grievous Chase
7256 LEGO Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid
7258 LEGO Wookiee Attack
7259 LEGO ARC-170 Starfighter
7260 LEGO Wookiee Catamaran
7261 LEGO Clone Turbo Tank

More info as it comes.....

* Updated with a few new LEGO Jedi Starfighter sightings and found out the prices for the preview figures at a couple of other stores.

* Update 2, Warehouse have Darth Tater but I forgot to check the price when I saw it, they also have the LEGO Jedi Starfight for the cheapest price yet.

* Update 3, Figures leaked at The Warehouse!! Check my post below for more info and a full list of figures found above.

*Updated now all the figures are out. Check to see what you can find around.

stylie_steve
03-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Warehouse currently have a sale on PReview figures for $14.99 and the Darth Vader Voice Changer for $89.99.

So better be quick and snap up some of those Wookie Warriors!

GNT
03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
No signs of the basic ROTS figures in New Zealand yet?

stylie_steve
03-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Not yet GNT, Hasbro NZ are being extremly carefull in distrubing them to retailers. Basicly nothing is being sent out till the 28th of March so everything will arrive on that week leading up till the release on April 2nd.

They are not even giving any info as to what figures will be in the cases to retailers. Compared to other Hasbro divisions around the world Hasbro NZ are being very very strict.

stylie_steve
03-21-2005, 10:27 PM
HUGE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found the first 24 ROTS figures WHOOOOHOOOOOO at The Warehouse.

Funny story behind this though, I got them all to the checkout only to be denied that they could not be sold till April 2nd, so I left the store feeling pretty dejected. Hoped in the car only to get a cell phone call from The Warehouse saying that they got it wrong and I could go back and buy all the toys. So I raced back in and brought all the first lot of figures.

Oh and in case you wanted to know they were $16.99 and selling QUICK!

suspect
03-22-2005, 04:16 AM
havn't been here for awhile... http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif but thanks for the news, I havn't been looking out for them but ill keep an eye out...
Im guessing when the movie comes there will be a sudden flood of kids/adults trying to get their hands on star wars labels.

GNT
03-22-2005, 06:37 AM
Well I think Steve your doing better then some of us! I've ot the first 12 plus a few multiples so 24 seems even better. nice find!

suspect
03-22-2005, 04:35 PM
though I did saw a mr vader potato head at the warehouse.. so I though this would be great for my niece. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

stylie_steve
03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
though I did saw a mr vader potato head at the warehouse.. so I though this would be great for my niece. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I saw this too, really a fantastic peice. Great fun of the kiddies and something really unique for the collectors.

I finshed opening up the first 12 collection 1 figures now, most of them are decent but nothing great. The only ones I really like are Emperor Palpatine and Clone Trooper but Greivous' Bodyguard, one I was most looking forward too turned out to be one of the worst; he has bad articulation, hes flimsy and the action feature is really lame!

Yoda, Obi, Chewie, Vader, R2, Greivous, Mace, SBD and Anakin all turned out about as I expected with a few drawback here and there such as the poor paint aps on Greivous.

Can't wait to get those collection 2 figures open, the quailty of them just looks so much better than the collection 1 figures.

suspect
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
whats the chance that the warehouse will set up a wicked display like in the release of the other two movies especially the one like they had in the episode one release.
It really help build the hype.

suspect
03-22-2005, 09:55 PM

I saw this too, really a fantastic peice. Great fun of the kiddies and something really unique for the collector.

You can never be to young to get into star wars, so I thought It would be the perfect chance to get my niece into it.. she loves it... and it didn't stop me with a little play as well http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can see this in the next toy story..

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20050113_1_bg.jpg

stylie_steve
03-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Just finshed opening up all the collection 2 figures and wow these figures are leaps ahead of the collection 1 figures.

I don't know why Hasbro feels poorly articulated, averagly aculpted and action featured figures appeal more to kids over these. They are at least VOTC quality if not even better (C-3PO).

The cloth works perfectly, it looks stunning and allows for a ton of great articulation. THe sculpts and paint aps are amazing and best of all NO ACTION FEATURES. Hasbro should just quit the collection 1 figures already and make them all this good.

Dooku is the best by the way!!

stylie_steve
03-24-2005, 07:42 AM
It seems that The Warehouses have been told to put away all ROTS stuff as I went back today to get some more Clones and there was not a single ROTS figure to be seen, not even the preview figures.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

suspect
03-25-2005, 01:13 AM
wow thats a major misshaps for the warehouse.

GNT
03-25-2005, 04:56 AM
but Greivous' Bodyguard, one I was most looking forward too turned out to be one of the worst; he has bad articulation, hes flimsy and the action feature is really lame!

I agree, what a major let down this figure was - no knee articulation and the arms are loose as anything.

stylie_steve
03-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Toyworld in Wellington hae confirmed thier midnight madness ROTS toy launch. Heres the details

This Saturday at Toyworld sees the release of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith figures.

Including:

-Basic Figures
-Deluxe Figures
-Battle Vehicles
-Assault Vehicles
-Galactic Heroes Packs

-7” Force Battlers
-Basic Lightsabers
-Electronic Lightsabers
-Darth Vader Voice Changer
-Story Telling Yoda
-PLUS a Toyworld Exclusive!

We open one minute past midnight,
making you the first in Wellington to own the new figures.

Begins 12:01 am

Saturday 2nd April

Toyworld Megastore

Ballance Street

Should be cool, and I wonder what the exclusive will be?

GNT
03-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Maybe a poster similar to the one TRU will release here?

stylie_steve
03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
It could be a poster but thats not a toyworld NZ exclusive as ever store in NZ doing a MM have the poster.

Also I read that the upcoming Armageddon event will have a exclusive 3 3/4" figure so maybe it could be this.

Fingers crossed its something cool like Lava Vader, Holo Yoda or any one of those other cool exclusives the USA is getting.

suspect
03-30-2005, 09:25 PM
I just saw some of the episode 3 figures in farmers.. they look like they would melt easily in the sun... looks like they are built out of wax.. well that was my first impression when I was them.

stylie_steve
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
I just saw some of the episode 3 figures in farmers.. they look like they would melt easily in the sun... looks like they are built out of wax.. well that was my first impression when I was them.

Nice, which figures did you see?
I would say most of the figures are quite high quality expect for the SBD. The plastic used seems alot stronger than what Hasbro has put out over the past few years.

stylie_steve
03-31-2005, 03:11 AM
I was able to go out back of my Local Toyworld and open up thier Ep3 figures to see what they had. Nothing to exciting really though but they were expecting more to arrive tomorrow so they siad they would call me when more comes in so I can open it up and se what I wanted.

The only new figures that I didn't have were Spinning Yoda, Jedi Kick Obi, Slashing Attack Anakin and Tarfful (Figures 25-28).

None of them were very impressive, only Tarfful looked average but he could have been so much better as a collection 2 figure. What a waste!

So I can confirm figures 1-28 will be out in NZ come April 2nd and hopfully a few more will be revealed tomorrow.

THey also had the Role Play Lightsabers (Dooku, Anakin, Obi). I may pick up Anakin to see how this colour change blade trick is pulled off as it looked kinda cool from what I saw.

stylie_steve
04-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Just returned from midnight madness at Toyworld and I have to say not a heck of a lot to report since I had found the first 24 basic figures there wasn't too much left for me to buy.

They had ...
basic figures 1-32 and only the Red Guard
All 4 Deluxe figures, these are really cool apart from Obi-Wan
The Boga and BARC, no AT-RT
All 4 Mid sized ships but I missed out on the Tri-Droid
As well as a whole lot of stuff like Galactic heros, Force Battlers, Electronic sabers and Ask Yoda which I didn't pay much attation too.

Still a good night and I managed to spend a good $300. Still a lot more I have to keep a look out for though.

stylie_steve
04-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Just updated with everything I have seen and found around the Wellington region.

ROTS toys are everywhere that sells toys EXCEPT the warehouse??? Very strange, maybe they got punished for selling them early as every single warehouse I went too didn't have a single SW figure on the shelf.

suspect
04-04-2005, 01:39 AM
I found this while doing my weekly search across ebay, and thought it was, interesting...

click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60360&item=7504272066&rd=1)

GNT
04-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I found this while doing my weekly search across ebay, and thought it was, interesting...

click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60360&item=7504272066&rd=1)

nice...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The big expensive auction houses have valued this at between $10,000 to $25,000, but eBayers will decide the true value!

[/QUOTE]

and what did it sell for... GBP 2,650.00 (Approximately US $4,996.71) http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

suspect
04-10-2005, 01:09 AM
personally I wouldn't buy it for even $200
if it had the whole body I might reconsider.
Anyway Has anyone heard where the release party for episode 3 in new zealand? Or will people just scramble into cinema's.. I remember on the episode 1 open paul homes was at the cinema's just up the road from me.. (don't ask how I still remember)

will any craze fans going to dress up? I wounder if it will be crazy like the episode 1 release up in auckland...

though episode 2 there was nothing at all, and no body really tried to even get tickets.

stylie_steve
04-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Just a reminder that Armageddon is on at the Queens Wharf Event Centre this Saturday and Sunday (16/17th)

Toyworld will be selling the exclusive Holo Yoda figure for $9.95. I also think that the Toys R Us Sticker has been replaced with something else so it might be a bit of a rare variant for people in the US.

Also Ray Park and Daniel Logan will be there so it should be a very good star wars filled event.

stylie_steve
04-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Just returned from a long day at Armageddon.

Sent alot of money buying the new ROTS LEGO sets and the Art of ROTS book.

Not only that got my personlized autos from Ray Park and Daniel Logon. Both really nice guys, had a bit of a chat with them both so that was a highlight for me for the day.

I hope everyone else who made it along had a good time as well.

hexagram
05-02-2005, 02:46 AM
anyone found any clone commanders or clone gunners yet? i picked up an ATRT from the warehouse south city in christchurch today they had two left when i left

stylie_steve
05-03-2005, 06:53 AM
anyone found any clone commanders or clone gunners yet? i picked up an ATRT from the warehouse south city in christchurch today they had two left when i left

Cool find. I had to order mine online has these havn't shown up in Wellington yet.

No sign of the Clone Commander Wave as of yet and with all the ROTS still on pegs I doubt we will see them any time soon. Maybe after the movie hits and the toys start flying off the pegs then there will be hope.

stylie_steve
05-12-2005, 03:09 AM
Some exciting news for NZ collectors here.

Toyworld Mega Store in Wellington have IN STOCK the target exclusive Clone Trooper. I was very suprised to see this and had heard nothing about it proir ro seeing it in person. Very very cool so get in quick if your after one of these great figures.

Just as exciting they also had a BRAND NEW WAVE of figures in that I havn't even heard of being out yet; Tarkin (Governer), Ask Aak (Senator) and Meena Tillis (Senator), stocks were extremly limited so get in QUICK.

GNT
05-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Man I'm so jealous http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stylie_steve
05-15-2005, 02:36 AM
More new figure finds to report.

I found #33 Clone Commander, #34 Clone Pilot, #35 Palpatine, #36 General Grievous, #41 SA Clone Trooper, #42 Neimodian Warrior, #43 Wookie Warrior and #44 Destoryer Droid.

AS well as that I got 4 free Target Clones with my purchase so that was a added bonus. Looks like New Zealand collecting is on the up!!

GNT
05-15-2005, 02:57 AM
you guys are doing better then us http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stylie_steve
05-15-2005, 10:51 PM
you guys are doing better then us http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yeah for a change we are doing better than the rest of the world !

Stil no sign of any Unleashed figures though (I did a trade with Darth_Zealous from Oz but nothing has arrived yet) and the ARC Fighter and Mustafar Playsets have yet to show up but other than that we are totally up to date.

And I was hoping to have to search for stuff when I am in the USA in just over a week!!

BobbaD
05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi i know this is totally unrelated to the subject but does any one know where i could get my hands on a NewZealand Toltoys Death Star ?? much appreciated for info thanx BobbaD

GNT
06-03-2005, 05:52 AM
ebay? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stylie_steve
06-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Well I have just returned from my overseas trip to England and the USA.

New Zealand is well ahead of both places in terms of Star Wars in fact all the places I went to in the USA were pretty bad for Star Wars. THe newest figures I found were deluxe wave 3, the Arc fighter and the Mustafar playset.

Basic figures didn't seem to go much higher than the Wookie Warrior Wave and most places were just clogged with Lightsaber Attack Palpatines and Clone Pilots!

Seems the USA isn't that great after all huh!

GNT
06-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Seems the USA isn't that great after all huh!

hehehehe good to hear that New Zealand and Australia is doing a better job then them lol. Lots of the latest waves have been showing up here so i'm not complaining... we have it good really.

hexagram
07-01-2005, 05:43 AM
it seems like they're clearing shelf space down here for batman stuff now and.... nothings been restocked since we got the wookie warrior/ clone pilot waves... so i guess we missed out on tarkin and such in christchurch...its starting to look quite dismal

stylie_steve
07-01-2005, 09:29 PM
it seems like they're clearing shelf space down here for batman stuff now and.... nothings been restocked since we got the wookie warrior/ clone pilot waves... so i guess we missed out on tarkin and such in christchurch...its starting to look quite dismal

Thats a shame. I have the Tarkin wave up for trade right now but if no one bites I can sell them to you at cost plus shipping if you interested?

stylie_steve
07-17-2005, 06:48 AM
500th Vader has arrived at Toyworld stores.

Very cool figure but at $45 is bit step of a price tag for what it is. I got it while the 20% Star Wars was on making it about $35 which feels more like the price it should be.

suspect
07-18-2005, 03:31 AM
I have been very surprised how fast the star wars fuss has died down...

stylie_steve
07-19-2005, 12:42 AM
I have been very surprised how fast the star wars fuss has died down...

Yeah it has died down very quickly, at least Toyworld in Wellington are still getting in the newest products Hasbro puts out even if every other store has ditched Star Wars in favour of Batman and Fantastic Four!

stylie_steve
08-15-2005, 05:22 AM
In case people are still looking, most Warehouses and Toyworlds have in the Mustafar Anakin Wave. Also in the box you can also find a Green Clone Commander but I have only ever found the Shocktrooper in 1 box so he seems pretty rare.

Also saw Deluxe wave 3 at The Warehouse at the low price of only $19.85. The only Clone Troopers variant I saw was the Redish/Brown Standing Clone so it seems thats the only one NZ has at this stage.

stylie_steve
08-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Got a good surprise today when I found a few Black Clone Pilots at Toyworld in Wellington.

They also had a couple of Shocktroopers as well as Green Commanders.

All the figures were on the pegs so I couldn't tell what the case pack was but there did seem to be a lot of Anakin Mustafar as well as Destroyer Droids, Neimodian Warriors and Brown Wookiee Warriors so I would presume it was a case with those figures as they were not there a few days ago.

stylie_steve
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Been a bit slow for collectors in NZ as of late but a couple new things hit last week.

Saw some new force battlers (Yoda and Emperor Palpatine) and the Ultimate Lightsaber Kit. Don't buy either but they are out there for those interested.

Also a few OTC figures seemed to be leaking out, must have some old stock left over at the Hasbro Werehouse that they wanted to get rid off.

No sign of any figure higher then #50 so things don't look good for us getting the Final 12 if we havn't even got the Antilles or Pilot Obi Waves!

saddestmoon
11-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Warehouse Wainuiomata has a pilot obi-wan, as well as those commerative ROTS packs, containing the clone troopers with the AT-TE Gunner hat, and Vader, Dooku, Sidious three packs.

Also got AT-RT drivers turning up at Farmers Maidstone, Upper Hutt, as well as Coastlands, Kapiti, and Warehouse Petone.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I got my Red Leader Obi-Wan from Coastlands Kapiti, from the Farmers store there - quite a bit of stock, it seemed.

OTC figures are at Toyworld Johnsonville, as well.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stylie_steve
11-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Found the fist 7 of the final 12 at Farmers in Lower Hutt. These included #57 Commander Bly, #58 Wokkiee Commando, #59 Commander Gree, #60 Grievious' Bodyguard, #61 Passel Argente, #62 Cat Miin and #63 Neimoidian Commander. They also had a few #41 Clone Troopers, #55 Obi-Wan Kenobi and #54 AT-RT Driver. So thats some of the newest figures I have seen on the pegs thus far.

The repaints are overall dissapointing, the only one I really liked is Commander Bly, Gree is cool but the paint job is lacking and really inaccurate. Passel and Cat are good but more statues than action figures and the Wokkiee, Bodyguard and Neimoidian really suck.

So I have just got to keep a look out for the next 5 now ...

hexagram
11-19-2005, 08:00 PM
i've found the ob1 pilot and reminants of the gree and bly waves in christchurch aswell..

but another interesting find, my girlfriend works at a woolworths and rang me during her shift saying that they had some rots figures in and she listed the names and they were figures from the bly, gree wave and then she said they had the Utapau shadow trooper and a three pack with three different anakins in it... shes not a collector so doesnt know much about them and i didnt believe her, but she came home with a shadow trooper and an anakin evolutions set, the shadow trooper was priced as a basic figure at $13.95 and the evo set was $24.00

also... the shadow trooper has no "exclusive" figure stickers on it

GNT
11-20-2005, 01:39 AM
Congrats on your find hexagram, $24 for an evoulution set? OMG thats a bargin, they cost twice as much here (around $50). Cant remember what was happening with the shadow trooper here i'll have to look at MD to double check.

hexagram
11-20-2005, 02:20 AM
yeah and it was really... weird that they even had star wars action figures, let alone ones i was looking for.. theyre a super market..the othe "toys that they carry are cheap squirt guns and such

stylie_steve
11-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Wow Woolworths have the SHadow Trooper! Bizarre...

I may have to go down to my local woolowrths and have a look and see if they have them.

Did they come in the Starcases still?

hexagram
11-20-2005, 07:03 PM
nope, no starcases just on the regular cards the way the holo yoda was with the back of the card being the same sortve imagery as the previous exclusive figures, yoda and the target clone with a brief description and a photoshopped image of the shawdow trooper.. the back of the card also calls him a shadow trooper commander

stylie_steve
11-20-2005, 07:30 PM
nope, no starcases just on the regular cards the way the holo yoda was with the back of the card being the same sortve imagery as the previous exclusive figures, yoda and the target clone with a brief description and a photoshopped image of the shawdow trooper.. the back of the card also calls him a shadow trooper commander

That kind of sucks, but hey it could be considered a ultra omega rare variant for those US collectors!

I have some spare cases from the other Target Clone but we won't have the insert to go with it. Shame but at least we got 'em!

Now I have to try find it!

stylie_steve
11-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Just brought 2 Utapau Shadow Troopers in the Westfield Queensgate Woolworths. $13.99 is a great price, may have to get some more as trade bait!

Nice figure even though he wasn't in the films, should look good alongside Cody and his grunts when they are released.

hexagram
11-22-2005, 05:41 AM
oh thats awesome, glad you found them and stuff...

saw the star wars transformers at the warehouse today.... passed... i'm now waiting for a star wars/ transformers tie in tv show like 'beast wars'... ace

saddestmoon
12-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Hey people!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Been looking around wellington as well for the Bly and Gree figures - scarce as hen's teeth it would seem!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Did find a shadow trooper at Countdown, and then plenty of them at Warehouses' everywhere. Toyworld Lower Hutt had some more Target troopers, at about $16.00 NZD, I think.

Also, Toyworld Johnsonville has some OTC figures out on the shelves, if people are interested.

hexagram
12-04-2005, 04:34 PM
yeah a toy world here's getting the otc figures again, and its not like, the left over stock that just peg warmed for ages, (that they had from when the otc originally hit) like IG88 etc.. i picked up the dagobah wave, r2, yoda, luke and ben, and a tie fighter pilot and a snow trooper, i was somewhat excited to see these.. and arise sir toy have the first wave of the new saga figures in stock, wonder if we'll get them in stores here

stylie_steve
12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Found a Spudtrooper todat at Farmers in Cuba Mall in Wellington. For anyone who loved Darth Tater this is a must have!

It was $24.99 and they didn't have many, mostly Darth Taters but a few Spudtroopers were amoung them.

stylie_steve
12-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Also if your still hunting down the Tarkin Wave try Woolworths supermarkets, I found quite a few Tarkins, Ask Aaks and Meena Tills in the Queensgate branch and for under $14!

GNT
12-21-2005, 03:31 AM
Have the saga collection figures started to show up in New Zealand yet? They are leaking out here at the moment.

stylie_steve
12-21-2005, 03:47 PM
I havn't seen them at retail yet but I do already have the first wave that I got from a NZ online store.

We havn't got the last 5 ROTS figures yet though, but I expect they will show up soon "fingers crossed"

hexagram
12-23-2005, 05:19 AM
thats awesome... i'll have to hit them up, i havent s4een anything new in christchurch for awhile..it looks like we're getting those rumoured solid cases of darth vaders... him and the shadow trooper are the only two figures a warehouse store i went to today had...and there were 30 of each of them, alittle over kill...

this weeks been an awesome week for online purchases arriving though.... i e-bought a lot of ten of the aotc clone trooper bootleg figures, five standing, marching and five shooting at the hip... theyre awesome i probably prefer them to hasbros initial saga aotc clone trooper...
my otc Wedge's arrived too.. no Topps card though... since i ebayed them but... he looks awesome with the rest of my otc stuff..

also.. bought a cult classics frank the bunny from arise sir toy... [censored] awesome

ohh merry christmas and such

stylie_steve
12-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah its been a great week of Online purchases arriving for me too.

I got my Wedge (with topps card!), Holiday Vader, Covert Ops Clone Trooper and my long awaited Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike GG Statue.

As well as finding the Spudtrooper. Not a bad build up to Xmas!

And Merry Christmas to all my fellow NZ scummers.

GNT
12-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Merry Christmas to the New Zealand members, hope you all got those expensive star wars items under the tree this year http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GNT
02-02-2006, 04:22 AM
Noticed you got the newer waves steve, buying them overseas or has Hasbro NZ brought them in already?

stylie_steve
02-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Noticed you got the newer waves steve, buying them overseas or has Hasbro NZ brought them in already?

Star Wars seems to have dried up in NZ at the moment. The newest waves I have seen at retail is the first 7 of the final 12 ROTS figures.

I got the last 5 from Casefresh and brought the first 2 waves of Saga from Arisesirtoy. Non movie years are always dead as far as Star Wars goes in NZ, no store seems to ever want to order anything new in.

GNT
02-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Non movie years are always dead as far as Star Wars goes in NZ, no store seems to ever want to order anything new in.

Yeah pretty much the same here really, from time to time we might see something new but online is the way to go.

saddestmoon
02-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Still no sign of Saga figs in stores...

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Here's hoping New Zealand's a late bloomer!

hexagram
02-11-2006, 08:07 AM
also... anyone else find any evolutions sets at retail in nz, not online... i picked up anakin at woolworths but never saw the others or even the anakin again anywhere... so, just wondering... also picked up the hoth wave online... no saga figures in store.. though warehouse have restocked with collection 1 rots figures and utapau shadow troopers....

and transformers.... new zealand is once again dismal for star wars action figure collecting

saddestmoon
02-21-2006, 02:23 AM
Heads up, NZ Titanium collectors!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just found me first Titanium vehicles at Farmers, Coastlands, Kapiti - Picked up 2 Venator-class Republic Cruisers there, for $11.99 each! The Venator-class is a fantastic ship! Pure brillance, as a design goes, I feel!

There were plenty more Republic Cruisers there also, as well as Turbo Tanks, Speeder Bikes, and a single white TIE-Fighter! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But I left these for some other collector to find, I was just happy to find the Venator-class Cruisers! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'd be quick, as nothing seems to peg-warm at this Farmers store for long.

There were also Luke and Vader Choppers there, the first I've seen of these also.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif Happy hunting!

EDIT: As a sidenote, also picked up a VOTC Boba Fett - Amazing figure! Got this online - very kewl http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I also found more titaniums at Farmers, Maidstone Mall, Upper Hutt, and an Exclusive gift pack with the silver Millenium Falcon for about $54.95 in Maidstone Mall Warehouse. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stylie_steve
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Seems Warehouse stores have restocked the 1st 12 collection 1 figures from ROTS.

I found a Shocktrooper amoung those figures in Lower Hutt so keep your eyes peeled for those guys!

saddestmoon
02-27-2006, 06:49 PM
^^^^^ that reminds, I picked up a shocktrooper from the warehouse Petone, a couple of weeks back - very lucky! But this has been the only one I've ever seen in the wellington region. Glad to hear you got yours, steve http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hexagram
02-28-2006, 07:44 AM
never saw a shocktrooper at retail... and only saw one At-TE tank gunner

saddestmoon
05-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey Hexagram!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif I've sent you a PM about a shocktrooper I picked up today.
Let me know what you think...