PDA

View Full Version : CALLING OUT DOUGLASMCC (SCAMMER ALERT)

Vreenak
02-16-2005, 01:02 AM
I had a deal going down with this guy on the Palisades message board a month ago. I made payment for some Muppets figures and this guy still hasn't sent me my stuff. He said he was going to send me a tracking number, which he never did, and he won't reply to my e-mails. So, if anyone is thinking about doing business with this guy, watch out, he's out to rip you off!

DDR4ever2003
02-16-2005, 01:36 AM
you know im pretty sure iv done a deal or two with him and i got my stuff. Im not sure ur complete situation but just keep in mind that sometimes stuff happens to people. Sure sometimes there is no excuse, but i just wanna let you know i have recieved my stuff from him so you dont need to give up all hope yet

AdamSolo
02-16-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm sure that there is a perfectly reasonable explaination for this. All of my trades with him have always been great and I'm sure that he wouldn't "rip you off".

Marc_B
02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
I too have dealt with Douglas and I can say that he's a stand-up guy - all my dealings with him have been pleasant. Give the man some consideration before you chastise him.

Marc

oldschool_Jawa
02-16-2005, 01:44 PM
I have also dealt with him and everything went smooth with no problems at all.

JoshEEE
02-16-2005, 01:48 PM
I've dealt with DouglasMcc a few times and had no problems.

This is a Star Wars board, not the Palisades board. You should work your Muppet problems with him out over there.

I've dealt with Douglassmcc before and had no problems...
CHEWIE
02-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Doug is NOT a scammer - at least not in the past. He posted this thread here (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1025869&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1) expaining his situation.

I am sincerely sorry that you have had an issue. Your case appears to be an isolated incident. Like someone else said, take it to the other forum. Good luck - unless something has happened to Doug (hopefully not), you will get your stuff as soon as he is able to send it.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

OlBenKenobi
02-16-2005, 03:48 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
This is a Star Wars board, not the Palisades board. You should work your Muppet problems with him out over there.

[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me. So a guy can rip someone off on one board and hide away on other boards. Please tell me that is a joke.

JediJunkie247
02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
I have to echo what others have said. I've dealt with Douglas, and had no problems.

BushiFox
02-16-2005, 04:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

You have got to be kidding me. So a guy can rip someone off on one board and hide away on other boards. Please tell me that is a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked we did have a forum for feedback here...

Also, I'll echo that Doug is a stand up guy and no doubt will correct whatever problem you have.

Habs98
02-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I just got done a transaction with Doug where I paid for figures a while ago, but at least he made a post explaining his situation. I just hope the ones who are bashing him never have any personal problems. Things do go wrong in life and people need to understand that.

rabbit4x
02-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Heres what he said explaining his abscence:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1025869&page=5&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1025869

CharWars
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
My Father passed away last Oct. after 1 week in the hospital. During that week I had a trade pending with another member. I managed to get to the PO that week to send the trade out....but it was 2 days later than I said I would send. I e-mailed the forum member and, without the gory details, told him I was sorry for the delay of 2 days from when I said I would send but his package was now in the mail. He then e-mails me back saying how "uncool" It was that I just sent my half of the trade when I said I would send 2 days earlier. 2 [censored]*ING DAYS!

My Point: I don't think its unreasonable to complain after waiting 2 months for items, which is how long I have been waiting for items I paid for from DouglasMcc

CharWars
03-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Well, DouglasMcc is alive and well.....

He just contacted me and offered to purchase some series III bust-ups from my classifieds post....

Which is pretty funny since I still dont have the items I paid him for over 3 months ago.

Well DouglassMcc, If you have time to try and aquire items for your collection, I think you have time to send me my items.

That being said, I have to say that I DONT'T recommend that other people deal with you.

Admiral_Ackbar
03-16-2005, 06:08 PM
BURN!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OlBenKenobi
03-16-2005, 06:31 PM
I guess we'll not see him for two more months now