PDA

View Full Version : How long is a term for Supreme Chancellor?

ARC_Trooper_Cpt
09-30-2004, 06:06 PM
It says in DK's Episode II Visual Dictionary that "Palpatine's term ended several years ago, but a series of crises has allowed him to stay in office beyond the Senate's legal limit." I was wondering how long that term would be. Info? Or have I found an unexplored topic? http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif thanks

Michael_Knight
09-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I was wondering this too. A crisis didn't present itself until Episode II and that was already ten years, which is too long. It seems like the ridiculously long terms set by Senate standards will be it's undoing. It's surprising the Old Republic lasted as long as it did!

Youngblood_YB
10-01-2004, 06:53 AM
GL may have in like a presidential term 8 years

Deak_Starkiller
10-01-2004, 07:58 AM
I was wondering this too. A crisis didn't present itself until Episode II and that was already ten years, which is too long.

Not too long in the sense that Franklin Roosevelt served for four terms during the Depression and World War II.

Trex
10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
I was wondering this too. A crisis didn't present itself until Episode II and that was already ten years, which is too long.

Not too long in the sense that Franklin Roosevelt served for four terms during the Depression and World War II.

Maybe Palpatine is using his powers in the Force to coerce everyone in the senate to keep extending his term.. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JarJarBlinks182
10-04-2004, 03:46 PM

He served for 3 terms and died in the middle of the 3rd. Congress then passed the two term limit.

kengar
12-01-2004, 01:21 PM
He died in the middle of his fourth. He was elected in 1932 and died in 1945--13 years, he won four elections.

I always assumed Palpatine had won a reelection at some point during his tenure as chancellor. Ten years is a pretty long term. He must have been pretty popular with the senators because they agreed to give him emergency powers even after he had been in office that long.

JarJarBlinks182
12-01-2004, 05:15 PM
He died in the middle of his fourth. He was elected in 1932 and died in 1945--13 years, he won four elections.

Oh, right you are. My bad.

Renegade_Jedi
12-08-2004, 02:40 AM
The real question is...exactly how split is the galaxy in terms of red & blue systems?!? And just how close did Palpatine come to losing his re-election bid? I hear that there were voting irregularities on Bespin.

Kris
12-14-2004, 12:01 PM
It is in fact 4 Years. IT is yet to be determined if there is a limit on how much terms you can do.