PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!!!

steve32100
09-01-2004, 09:21 PM
JUST LOCK THIS THREAD...

bib_smits
09-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Anyone wanna buy these 3 OTC figures, I am charging the same price that I paid for them, shipping for 1 is $4.00 and shipping for 2 is $6.00 and shipping for all 3 is $7.00.

I have from OTC Line:
Darth Vader #10 [MOC] - $7.00
Scout Trooper #11 [MOC] - $7.00
Boba Fett [Loose] - $3.00

PM me if you want to do a deal...

i just shipped one out priority mail for 2.90, $4.oo is total bullsh**. and where in the f*** did you pay 7.oo for one OTC vader? are you really that stupid? or do you think we are? move along.

DouglasMcc
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Bib, while I agree with your sentiment on the shipping, the tone of your reply doesn't have to be so hostile. While I really doubt KB has the OTC in stock yet, they do charge 6.99 for their new SW figs so there is a slight chance he bought them there. Also, comic shops tend to add on to the standard price. However, here's what I would like to know: if you wanted them so bad to spend 7 bucks a piece, why are you selling them now?

CharWars
09-02-2004, 09:37 PM
i just shipped one out priority mail for 2.90

Speaking of total bull*****, priority mail's cheapest rate is $3.85.

Oh and FYI, KB does have the OTC. I saw the Dag wave there last week.

steve32100
09-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Thank you "CharWars" that is why I was charging "$4.00" and to answer Douglas, KB is selling the OTC figures, but they had no prices yet. So I took them down, since after some criticism, I don't want to sell them now!

hbk9
09-02-2004, 10:48 PM
What a Eugene.

CHEWIE
09-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Thank you "CharWars" that is why I was charging "$4.00" and to answer Douglas, KB is selling the OTC figures, but they had no prices yet. So I took them down, since after some criticism, I don't want to sell them now!

Why charge $7 to ship three figures though? That's what I don't get...

$7 for a new figure though is fine by me.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DesertFox
09-03-2004, 06:39 AM
Go to USPS.com and you can figure out shipping rates based on weight and zip code. I do it all the time for shipping out toys. Shipping is not as cheap as most ppls tend to think.

JoshEEE
09-03-2004, 09:10 AM
You guys are getting really out of control with invading other people's classifieds ads.

For the record, KB is selling OTC figs at 7 bucks a pop in my area too. It's one of the only places you can always find OTC figures because they cost too much.

And as for spending 7 bucks to ship three figs, that's a pretty good deal. Priority mail and a lot of packaging to keep them minty mint would cost at least that much.

Sheesh. Give this guy a break.

oldschool_Jawa
09-03-2004, 11:36 AM
I have personally dealt with Steve just within the last few weeks and he is honest, fair, and great rebelscumer. I do not believe he is trying to cheat anyone, if you do not want to pay what he is asking then don't buy it, but you also don't have to keep posting whining about the prices on his own classified ad.

DouglasMcc
09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
I apologize if I came off hostile myself. The main reason I posted here was to apologize for the tone of the first poster to reply. Cursing and what not is just plain rude and I saw no need for it. Steve did nothing to deserve that disrespect. I also have no problem with what he was charging. He overpaided, in my opinion, but I believe he paid that much for them. As for the shipping, I just shipped out 2 OTC and 1 VOTC for less than 3 dollars. I used media mail and plenty of packaging supplies. Sure, it will add on to the delivery time, but I have never had a problem with the items arriving damaged. Steve, if I came off offensive, I apologize. I was just curious.

P.S. As for those of you who say Media mail is only for media, all you have to do is include one of those free AOL CDs or something and it qualifies. I know that sounds shady, but I got the tip from the Postal employee who rings me up most of the time. And Media only adds 1 to 3 days to delivery time.

CHEWIE
09-03-2004, 01:06 PM
I was just curious too... I've shipped 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, figures at a time, and it's always about 4 bucks.

JohnH
09-03-2004, 03:09 PM
What is with you [censored] people? Is it that you get off on hearing yourself [censored]? Or is it that your life is so drab and meaningless that the only thing that keeps you going is [censored] with other people?

I was just curious too... I've shipped 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, figures at a time, and it's always about 4 bucks.

Sure, if you pack them in a flimsy box with no packing material. I've shipped literally hundreds of packages in the last few years, and I can speak from experience that Priority shipping is a minimum of $3.85 (despite what the numb-nuts above said about $2.90), and shipping three figures is going to cost you around $5.00-5.50 IF you're taking any care in packing the figures at all. $7.00 may seem a *little* high, but when you factor in materials it's not so unreasonable.

hbk9
09-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Prozac Eugene, Prozac.

DouglasMcc
09-04-2004, 12:07 PM
What is with you [censored] people? Is it that you get off on hearing yourself [censored]? Or is it that your life is so drab and meaningless that the only thing that keeps you going is [censored] with other people?

Sure, if you pack them in a flimsy box with no packing material. I've shipped literally hundreds of packages in the last few years, and I can speak from experience that Priority shipping is a minimum of $3.85 (despite what the numb-nuts above said about $2.90), and shipping three figures is going to cost you around $5.00-5.50 IF you're taking any care in packing the figures at all. $7.00 may seem a *little* high, but when you factor in materials it's not so unreasonable.

The real question is what's wrong with you John. The language and attitude is uncalled for.. really makes you sound like some pre-teen who gets off yelling at people online. I have shipped numerous figures with huge layers of styrafoam and plastic to protect them for around 3 to 4 dollars.

Just because it costs you X dollars to ship doesn't mean anyone who ships cheaper is lying.

"Or is it that your life is so drab and meaningless that the only thing that keeps you going is [censored] with other people?"

That's kinda of my feeling on people who come into civil, peaceful conversations and started throwing around curses and insults. Thanks for describing it so perfectly. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif