PDA

View Full Version : for those that have read the spoilers........

Dack_Ralter_Rules
06-22-2004, 09:39 AM
is this movie going to suck? or will it rock me so hard it will blow the other 2 crappy sequels out my butt? i mean sure i'll go see it 5 times but i want to know whether this will be an entertaining 5 times or a slow, dragging, george lucas loathing 5 times. thanks

PS no spoilers PLEASE

bjlevine
06-22-2004, 09:57 AM
is this movie going to suck? or will it rock me so hard it will blow the other 2 crappy sequels out my butt? i mean sure i'll go see it 5 times but i want to know whether this will be an entertaining 5 times or a slow, dragging, george lucas loathing 5 times. thanks

PS no spoilers PLEASE

I think that its pretty safe to say that if you didn't like the first two, chances are you won't like E3. If you don't care about thte characters at this point, you're not going to suddenly start caring what happens to them in E3.

Neal
06-22-2004, 10:36 AM
I've read all of the spoilers. It will easily be the best of the Prequels.
Whether or not that will be enough to make you like it, I don't know.
Personally, I like the Prequels, so I'm looking forward to Episode III quite a bit.

Deak_Starkiller
06-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Here's how I see it, the prequels by themselves so far have a satisfactory storyline. But they not only have to serve themselves but to also bridge the gap to the original trilogy. I would be more critical of Episode III if it left a few signficant plotholes or conflicts that we may have to deduce or speculate to reconcile with the OT.

The_Chosen_1
06-22-2004, 10:08 PM
I've read all the spoilers so far, and it's pretty safe to say that the film won't suck . Like Darth Rayne said, it will easily be the best prequel and maybe even up there with the OT. The fact that this film is practically the reason GL made the prequels in the first place will make it worthwhile.

GNT
06-23-2004, 12:45 AM
After watching clips from the actual shoot it'll be the "film" of 2005 for sure(well besides Batman), it'll have a more OT fell to it with OT style sets and OT characters returning once more on screen. If nobody is happy with it then they just really haven't given the the film a decent chance, most OT lovers will hate anything outside of the OT no matter what it is.

Durron42
06-25-2004, 11:08 AM
From what I've read and seen, this movie is gonna be boss. Granted I am a fan of the PT, not as much as the OT, but still Ep 3 is looking like a can't-miss.

bjlevine
06-25-2004, 01:07 PM
After watching clips from the actual shoot it'll be the "film" of 2005 for sure(well besides Batman), it'll have a more OT fell to it with OT style sets and OT characters returning once more on screen. If nobody is happy with it then they just really haven't given the the film a decent chance, most OT lovers will hate anything outside of the OT no matter what it is.

Congrats, GNT, on setting a new low for ignorant statements.

Yeah, I love the OT, but I cannot tell you how pumped I was when I heard that the PT was going to be made. I waited in line at TRU for the release of the toys, had the preview STAP and Mace Windu, flipped out when I saw the Maul figure, and went to the midnight opening of TPM.

I'm not a fan of the PT, not because they're bad movies, but because they are a far cry from the SW I know and love. The characters were bland and shallow, the sharp wit of the OT was gone, and the story was just not all that interesting. AOTC was an improvement, but I found that I still didn't care much about the characters, and the dialogue was lame, to say the least.

Believe me when I say (and I think that most people who love the OT feel this way) that I really, really wanted to love the PT. It just fell way short of my expectations.

Durron42
06-25-2004, 03:06 PM
Believe me when I say (and I think that most people who love the OT feel this way) that I really, really wanted to love the PT. It just fell way short of my expectations.

When TPM came out, I decided to look at the PT as a completely different trilogy of movies and not compare them with the OT. While it is still Star Wars, and yeah the connection to the characters isn't the same, the movies are still pretty good if you can separate them from the OT.

bjlevine
06-25-2004, 03:37 PM

When TPM came out, I decided to look at the PT as a completely different trilogy of movies and not compare them with the OT. While it is still Star Wars, and yeah the connection to the characters isn't the same, the movies are still pretty good if you can separate them from the OT.

But why should we have to? Are you trying to say that the SW Universe was a lot lamer before the Empire? I firmly believe that the PT could have (and should have) had all of things that made SW awesome: great characters, witty dialogue and a compelling story. Why should I have to expect less from the PT?

Back in 1981, I went to see David Prowse, who was giving a "lecture" at my university. Someone asked him if he had seen "Star Trek - The Motion Picture". His reply was that he fell asleep during most of it, and that it was just a vehicle for special effects. I wonder what his take on the PT is?

I stand by my earlier statement: if you haven't loved the PT so far, don't expect to be blown away by E3.

Musashimaru
07-13-2004, 12:41 AM
I read every bit of spoiler information that I can find. If even half of the information is accurate then Episode 3 should be a great film. It will really have to blow me away though for me to like it more than The Phantom Menace.

bjlevine
07-13-2004, 08:26 AM
I read every bit of spoiler information that I can find. If even half of the information is accurate then Episode 3 should be a great film. It will really have to blow me away though for me to like it more than The Phantom Menace.

Okay, I'm intrigued. What exactly about TPM did you like? To me, it is the "Star Trek V" of the Saga.

Youngblood_YB
07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
im opinion ep3 will no suck it will be better than ep1 and ep2 combined.