PDA

View Full Version : jedi fighter displays

blaster_E11
06-19-2004, 05:01 AM
in aotc when obi is trying to reach anakin, the displays of his starfighter show : on one monitor (on the right) his own ship and the other one (on the left) padme naboo ship.
if he's supposed to track anakin's signal on naboo, how come the first monitor displays padme's ship ?
in the visual dictionary the explanation is ont satisfactory : padme's ship is supposed to be a "graphic damage monitor" http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deak_Starkiller
06-19-2004, 10:12 AM
The key question is this...if Obi-Wan wanted to contact Anakin on Naboo if Anakin hadn't left Naboo, how would the signal been routed...through Padme's ship? To me, that seems rather hokey. I'd figure Obi-Wan would want to contact Anakin on Naboo through some centralized communication station on the planet or the like if an emergency situation were to arise.

Given that idea, Anakin probably would have re-routed Obi-Wan's communciation signal to Padme's ship once he knew he was leaving Naboo. Maybe this is why they told Artoo to stay and monitor the ship. Now maybe the question is to why the graphic of Padme's ship instantly pops up on Obi-Wan's monitor during the search...maybe just instant wireless communication I suppose!