PDA

View Full Version : Issues with signing up to the "new" Fan Club...

Neal
05-02-2004, 04:09 PM
When it was first announced that the Fan Club was now back with Lucasfilm, I signed up at the Official Site. I have been getting the Insider for awhile now, but this will be my first experience with Hyperspace. Anyway... when I signed up, the screen said that a Hyperspace password would be e-mailed to me within 24 to 48 hours. Well, that was at least 4 days ago. What gives???
Did anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know who I can contact to get this worked out?
Thanks for any help.

Cthulhu522
05-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Yup. I signed up as soon as it was announced. I still have not received a pass code or any email from them for that matter. I am interested in seeing how the insider problem will work out. I still have 5 issues coming. Plus, I have like 9 months of hyperspace left.

Neal
05-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Yup. I signed up as soon as it was announced. I still have not received a pass code or any email from them for that matter. I am interested in seeing how the insider problem will work out. I still have 5 issues coming. Plus, I have like 9 months of hyperspace left.

Wonderful. I'm glad to see they're screwing this up from the very beginning.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif
As far as with the Insider and Hyperspace, it said that if you already had a subscription to either/both, your new subscription would be added on to the end of the current one, so you shouldn't lose out on anything you've already paid for.

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
05-03-2004, 04:49 PM
When it was first announced that the Fan Club was now back with Lucasfilm, I signed up at the Official Site. I have been getting the Insider for awhile now, but this will be my first experience with Hyperspace. Anyway... when I signed up, the screen said that a Hyperspace password would be e-mailed to me within 24 to 48 hours. Well, that was at least 4 days ago. What gives???
Did anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know who I can contact to get this worked out?
Thanks for any help.

Same problem. I emailed them but haven't got a response back yet. Between this and starwarsshop.com it has almost become a second job just to try and get my orders straightened out. I just don't get what they are trying to accomplish.

Cthulhu522
05-03-2004, 05:44 PM
I just got my confirmation and code, so, I am sure everybody will be getting them soon.

JediKnight87
05-03-2004, 05:59 PM
How long did it take to get to you?

Cthulhu522
05-03-2004, 06:23 PM
I signed up the day it was announced. I think that was Wednesday or Thursday.

Also, I put in the code, and it changed my expiration date. The quote below is exactly what it says. LOL Maybe $40.00 isn't a bad deal after all!

You are currently a Hyperspace member. Your current subscription will end December 29, 2278.

Fixer
05-03-2004, 07:35 PM
I signed up the day it was announced. I think that was Wednesday or Thursday.

Also, I put in the code, and it changed my expiration date. The quote below is exactly what it says. LOL Maybe $40.00 isn't a bad deal after all!

You are currently a Hyperspace member. Your current subscription will end December 29, 2278.

Hey, I got the same thing! I'm set for the next couple centuries. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ghent
05-03-2004, 08:53 PM
See forums.starwars.com for longer versions, but briefly...

1. Confirmation code delivery was unfortunately held up by data clean-up issues surrounding importing the Paizo current subscriber list. All codes were sent today.

2. The 2278 thing is obviously a bug in the display of the end date.

Neal
05-03-2004, 09:55 PM
I just got my confirmation and code, so, I am sure everybody will be getting them soon.

I got my code today as well, so I guess I can stop complaining.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Thanks for the replies and info guys.

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
05-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Still no code. Still no reply to email.

Habs98
05-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I just signed up again yesterday and haven't gotten any type of email, and by the looks of it I won't be receiving one anytime soon http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

space_pirate
05-11-2004, 04:59 PM
I signed up a week ago on the 4th of May, at least that is when my credit card was charged. Still on code or reply to my email about the failure of the code to be sent. I guess when they say 24 to 48 hours they are not referring to time as it passes on Earth. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Willy_Wampa
05-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I hadn't bothered looking into renewing as my Paizo sub still had issues on it. Got #76 today, and read the "new deal" subscription card...let me see if I have this straight.

When Paizo first took over, a sub was $19.95 for six issues or $29.95 for the sub plus a ten dollar "gift certificate" good on-line. Never understood the point of this, if I wanted to buy on-line, they'd get my ten bucks anyway. But the twenty buck subscription was better than thirty six dollars off the newsstand.

Then they went to eight issues and a sub was a flat $29.95.
Still almost a twenty dollar deal over stand price.

Now it's back to six issues for $39.95, but they have Hyperspace thrown in. (Which I believe was originally twenty bucks to join).

So why do I feel like I'm being corraled into paying for stuff I don't want or need? I don't buy from Star Wars shop, don't attend breakfasts or Celebrations. Never did sign up for Hyperspace. How is this a deal, anyway?
One is still paying twenty bucks for six issues and twenty for Hyperspace.

Give me back the choice of a simple twenty dollar sub.

Clown_Full_of_Hate_TM
05-12-2004, 03:43 PM
Still no code. Still no reply to email.

Rinse and repeat.

Kevin_Mikel
05-13-2004, 12:33 AM
I got my pass code on the 3rd. I have tried everything I can think of to get this thing to work. I even tried to get a new pass word using the "for got your pass word", and didn't get anything then.

HELP ME PLEASE! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

lazypadawan
05-16-2004, 05:10 PM
On a similar note, I suddenly lost Hyperspace access on Friday. I first signed up June of last year, renewed with the new fan club, and even got my coupon code which I entered. I'd even signed up for the auto-renew option. Now it's as though I never subscribed! I sent an e-mail Friday night, but I don't expect a reply before Monday.

This sucks! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

BigDumbWookiee
05-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Good grief, are the people running the store running the new Fan Club as well? LFL just cant get their online stuff in order; it sucks.

I got billed for my membership about two weeks ago. No code yet. Emailed them a second time a couple of days ago. If I dont hear from them soon, they're getting 10 emails a day.

lazypadawan
05-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Well, I got a reply on Tuesday from "customer service" and it was canned instructions on what to do if you forget or want to change your password. That wasn't my frickin' problem!!! I sent an irate e-mail back insisting they deal with my problem and deal with it now. I haven't heard back yet. The good news is that now I'm able to view the Hyperspace-members-only message boards. The bad news I can't access anything else on Hyperspace.

Valeda_Kor
06-05-2004, 04:00 PM
BigDumbWookie, hope you'll come back and see this.

Did you get your renewal confirmation code yet? I renewed on May 31, and haven't gotten my code yet. Sent them an e-mail today, which of course they won't read until Monday.

Anyone else still having problems?

Lord_Bobster
06-07-2004, 11:12 AM
I am invoking the "mad red face" for this post. Feel my fury!

I've been gravely dissapointed with the handover of the Fan Club to LFL. I renewed my "membership" (at least that is what I paid for) back in March. Let me say this again. I paid for a membership to the Fan Club back in March.

Hyperspace is a benefit for the members of the Fan Club. Discounted items at StarWarsShop.com is a benefit for members of the Fan Club. I can't do any of these things.

In my thread at this forum "Did I get screwed?" I was told that I could just sign back up for $39.99 and have that subscription tacked on to what I already have. Here's my problem with this and I'll make two really good points on this...

1. I paid in March for a one year subscription to Insider Magazine and the membership that goes along with this. Correct me if I am wrong, but this means my membership is valid until March of 2005.

2. I received NO notification from either company about this changeover. No mail. No e-mail. Nothing. If I was told to sign back up and pay or to pay the difference when I renewed the subcription, I would not have a problem right now. But none of these things happened and I was essentially misled and cheated from my point of view.

The ball was dropped by both parties: LFL and Pazio. I've sent the customer service center an e-mail with my concerns and the invoice number of the transaction with Pazio so hopefully this matter can be cleared up. From what I've read in this forum, it looks like ***** were dropped everywhere.

Besides, if I was lost in the shuffle and the companies can't let me know this whole thing happened, what makes anyone think that just throwing another $40 at the issue will clear it all up?

Lord_Bobster
06-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh Yeah, by the way...

If my concerns and problem are poorly handled, the Better Business Bureau will be getting my information and I'll let them handle it.

Enough is Enough!!! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lord_Bobster
06-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey Got a reply from the Fan Club. Check out web page (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=835020&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#835020) thread.

Sith_Lord_Cptn_Winkee
06-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Ok, I have a question for those who signed up already. I was looking through the FAQs about hyperspace and found this:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

To receive full online and offline benefits of the new Fan Club, sign-up now! If you currently receive Insider, your magazine subscription will be extended by six issues when you join the new Fan Club. Similarly, if you are a current member of Hyperspace, your subscription will be extended by one year when you join the new Fan Club. If you are currently a subscriber to both, then you have access to everything for now. (Be sure to renew before one or the other runs out!)

[/QUOTE]

Does this mean your Insider subscription and your Hyperspace membership are not synced up? In my case I have 6 issues left (if I remember correctly) but if I join now I'll get 12 issues (2 years) but only have access to hyperspace for 1 year? Let me know if I'm way off base here or if you guys know differently because if that is true I'm really not going to join until the last possible issue so that they are synced.

ph_rAn_k_tz_I
06-16-2004, 11:58 AM
How long did it take to get the passcode for the site? Its been over a week since I signed up and nothing. I did write to them last week but have yet to hear from them.

And whats annoying is, I was chargerd for 2yrs on my credit card! http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If youre going to charge me, at least have the decency of sending out the passcode so that I can log in already.

Cthulhu522
06-16-2004, 01:27 PM
I signed up using the bill me later option. I received my code quite some time ago, but I still have not received a bill from them. Has anyone that signed up using the bill me later option received their bill?

r2d2tjk
06-17-2004, 08:26 AM
At least I'm not alone. I have been a fan club member for several years now. I held off on the Hyperspace thing until early last week. I signed up on the site and when nothing happened after three days, I sent an e-mail to customer service. I received an automated response indicating it had been forwarded for further action which would quickly happen. After two days, I called the phone number, my information was taken, and I was told someone else would address the issue. That was almost 24 hours ago and still no call, e-mail explanation, or pass code. Not exactly the best way to tend your membership base. Sounds like they really screwed up the transition from Pazio. Back then, at least you could get valuable information from Vic if something went wrong. Oh well. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif

r2d2tjk
06-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Part 2:

After not hearing anything for several days, I gave the toll free number a call. This time I was able to get a little bit more info. I tried originally to sign up on June 4th. The nice woman indicated that it would take one week from the 15th for the access code to, in theory, show up. This means that my e-mail message and automated reply from two weeks ago served no purpose. It was only a call on the 15th that, again in theory, started the one week clock going. They seem to have my information in their system so it boggles my mind that it is going to take over two weeks to get this done from my original subscription request or a week from a call with a customer representative. Not the best way to run a railroad.

ph_rAn_k_tz_I
06-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Finally got my coupon code, but when I tried to log in, it still didnt work. "Unable to authenticate"...

I called the 1866 205 0034 number, but they dont handle the Hyperspace items.

What can I do?

Valeda_Kor
06-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Finally got my coupon code, but when I tried to log in, it still didnt work. "Unable to authenticate"...

I called the 1866 205 0034 number, but they dont handle the Hyperspace items.

What can I do?

That's odd... considering that this particular paragraph comes right from the Hyperspace FAQ:

"Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my access code or membership to the new Fan Club?

General customer service questions will be handled by our fulfillment partners at CDS. Send an email to swicustserv@cdsfulfillment.com or call (866) 205-0034." (my bolding)

They actually told you they couldn't help you?

Valeda_Kor
06-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Didn't want to include this in my previous post...

Finally got my renewal code, almost three weeks after submitting my credit card renewal. Wow... the efficiency of this boggles the mind, in our electronic age....

ph_rAn_k_tz_I
06-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Yup, even though they listed that number, they were not able to help me. They told me to use the email address...

I finally figure out whats wrong, I needed to reregister again for some reason. Thats another hassle that I wont go into here...

But lets just say that it shouldnt have to be this hard to let someone join... Makes you wonder if they really want you as a "customer"...

r2d2tjk
06-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Part 3

After not hearing by this Tuesday as earlier indicated, I called the number this afternoon. Apparently the reason I hadn't received the hyperspace password is because they left out the A in AOL for my e-mail address in their system. (Interesting that they couldn't get it right off the original e-mail I had sent initiating this whole process which was responded to with an automated response.) According to the nice operator, I should be getting three membership kits for no apparent reason. At this point, I am definitely not holding my breath about receiving a password.

r2d2tjk
07-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Part 4

So I finally get my Hyperspace subscription password e-mailed to me this week though at first I'm not exactly sure how to use it. I finally figure out that I need to sign on to the main site first and realize I forgot my password for it. So I have to request a new password that takes another day. Finally, today I signed on for the first time. It's okay, but I'm wondering was almost a month long hastle worth it to get to Hyperspace. I'm still wondering. Oh well at least I'm on now and hopefully eventually more interesting things will be posted as we get closer to next May. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Obi_Wanna_Cracker
10-28-2004, 10:17 PM
So, the Teaser Poster went on sale this evening.

I'm glad a Fan Club/Hyperwaste membership came in handy to get one of these like in the past. Oh wait, we didn't need it. It is on sale for EVERYONE!

I still can not find any value in a Hyperspace membership. Now there is no such thing Fan Club exclusive, just exclusives to SWShop.

Perhaps the value is the advance teaser trailer members will get to see on the 4th. D'oh, it's on TV that night. And, my AOL membership will get me advance viewing as well.
Or, maybe it will be at C3 when the one door opens an hour early to let in the 15,000 Hyperspace members waiting in their "special" line.

Hyperwaste is a black hole in the Fan Club. I will pick up my Insiders (and free Promo Cards) from the newstand after my subscription expires.