PDA

View Full Version : International Insider Delivery Times

Fletch
02-03-2004, 05:20 AM
hi there,

I'm still waiting on delivery of issue 73... Have any other International subscribers received their magazines yet??

normally delivery is much quicker than this but I am reluctant to check with customer service as in Paizo's FAQ it does state international shipping is up to 8 weeks...

But I have never had to wait this long before...

any advice??

Jeremy
02-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Just out of curiousity how are you a member? The Titan magazine has the license for Ireland and so you shouldn't be able to join the (superior) US fanclub.

Jeremy

Fletch
02-03-2004, 08:07 AM
i checked this out when I applied last year. To be honest the reason I bought a subscription was so that I could attend the Fan Club Breakfast at Star Wars Weekends last year... (And to get the Silver Fett)

It seems that anyone from the Republic of Ireland can sign up for the US Star Wars Fan Club as an international member.

Quote from paizo.com... "The Official Fan Club and associated products are available to all countries except Austria, Benelux, Canton Ticino, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Vaticano. Star Wars fans in these countries should check with their local Official Star Wars Fan Clubs."

I only noticed that the UK fan club extended to Ireland was when the recent survey went round and Ireland was included.

I think its a bit of a grey area... so dont go digging around Jeremy!! They might change the rules!!

I doubt whether the UK contract includes Republic of Ireland - its not part of the UK any more than France is... so why should it be included??

Jeremy
02-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Fletch:
I think its a bit of a grey area... so dont go digging around Jeremy!! They might change the rules!!<font size="2" face="arial">Don't worry I won't!!

The only issue at hand is from October 2002 and that says it is licensed in Eire.

Mum's the word - and good luck getting away with it images/icons/wink.gif

But to answer your question I'd say that 8 weeks is a bit long, but witht he post you never know. I once waited 7 weeks for an airmail parcel to arrive from the US. In that time 5 other parcels that were sent after it arrived within 4 to 7 days.

Jeremy

[ 02-03-2004, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Fletch
02-04-2004, 08:09 AM
thanks - guess I'll leave it another couple of weeks before I start hassling Vic!!