PDA

View Full Version : Count Dooku at TFN Store

JediAutobot
10-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Just over at the force.net. They just announced that they have Christopher Lee autographs. It's an 8x10, limited to 50. The price? $79.99.
While I would love to get this, can't afford it now, but I thought I'd let everyone else know.

BigDumbWookiee
10-02-2003, 07:32 PM
I was hoping for a theater wide, but went ahead and ordered this one anyway. Cant wait for the Carrie Fisher theater wide, and Mark Hamill's 8x10 images/icons/smile.gif

Mr_Stimp
10-03-2003, 02:07 AM
I got this one too. The only other Christopher Lee autograph I have seen was $99.

Master_M_M
10-03-2003, 06:30 AM
Good news!!!

MysterySith
10-03-2003, 11:31 AM
I cannot even get this or any other autograph to add to my cart. images/icons/frown.gif

Mr_Stimp
10-09-2003, 04:02 AM
I got Chrisopher Lee and the Triple signed today. Both look real good on my wall.

Master_M_M
10-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Lord Stimpy:
I got Chrisopher Lee and the Triple signed today. Both look real good on my wall. <font size="2" face="arial">I can imagine images/icons/grin.gif

Mr_Stimp
10-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Vader Fett:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Lord Stimpy:
I got Chrisopher Lee and the Triple signed today. Both look real good on my wall. <font size="2" face="arial">I can imagine images/icons/grin.gif </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">You don't need too....

http://www.coreplanets.com/photopost/data/502/31auto.jpg

BigDumbWookiee
10-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Tony,

Your room has kind of an imperial color scheme, is it just coincedence, or do you have a themed room? Got more pics?

Got my Dooku autograph today, very nice high gloss photo. Did have a little trouble getting it out of the plastic protector though. The gloss kind of stuck to the plastic

benstevens
10-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Yep, glad you noticed. We have found a company that prints actual glossy photos on a kodak paper. It's much more expensive (about 6x more expensive per unit), but the results are amazing. It is by far the best reproduction on the images we get from Lucasfilm. I can't wait to do more! The last batch of Luke Skywalker images were also printed this way.

Also, it's best to stick your hand in and lift the plastic top load off the photo, and then slide out. It comes right out that way...

-Ben

BigDumbWookiee
10-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I didnt want to fingerprint it, so I slid an 8x10 sheet of paper down in front of the photo, and gently pulled it out. It worked pretty well, and didnt get any prints on the photo.

The quality is very impressive though, it's a very nice heavy stock as well, it looks quite professional

Mr_Stimp
10-10-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee:
Tony,

Your room has kind of an imperial color scheme, is it just coincedence, or do you have a themed room? Got more pics?
<font size="2" face="arial">Well two of my rooms share these colors and that was my brotherd doing. He did a quick paint job, one I really need to touch up. I have most of the upstairs of my moms two story house, we live like room mates. My autographs line the walls of a little nook type room. Its where I have my computer, I will get more pics up eventually. I also have a dedicated SW room that has 90% of my stuff, and evently I will have pics of that up online.

MysterySith
10-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee:

Got my Dooku autograph today, very nice high gloss photo. Did have a little trouble getting it out of the plastic protector though. The gloss kind of stuck to the plastic <font size="2" face="arial">I got mine today and had the same problem with getting the photo out.

I added the photo to my website here (http://www.a5nyc.com/autographs/lee.htm).

I love the way those look in the frames. I plan on having a room for my autographs and other SW stuff when I have my own house in a few years.

Dunedain
01-30-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm very familiar with the difficulty in removing photos from top-loaders.

The way to solve that problem so that there is no risk of damage of any sort is to first place the photos in
soft plastic acid-free photo sleeves and *then* place the photo already in the photo sleeve into the hard plastic top-loader.
Hopefully C2V will start doing this with all the photos it ships. The photo sleeves individually cost almost nothing when bought
in volume (as C2V would no doubt buy them) and protect the photo from any friction when inserting the photo
into the top-loader or removing it. The photo slides out smooth as glass, no damage and no need to pull forcefully
on the photo to make it come out, which can cause damage from the pressure required to grip the photo hard enough
to pull the photo out. images/icons/smile.gif

Also, I have a question, does C2V ship all it's photos with only 1 photo per top-loader? In other words, if you order
2 photos, does each come in it's own top-loader (in this case, 2 photos and thus 2 top-loaders)?

benstevens
02-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Dunedain, tell me more about the sleeves! You can email me directly. ben@scifiexpo.com. As far as the toploads go, I put all the expensive photos in their own top loads (free of charge), some budget autographs get doubled up.

thanks,
-Ben

[ 02-02-2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: benstevens ]