PDA

View Full Version : Autographs...who cares?

Gartron
10-27-2001, 08:53 AM
This has been bugging me for a while, while trawling through e-bay the other day I came accross a signed pic of K-3PO, I mean who would want this??, i also remember an original Star Wars A-sheet, signed by all the usual suspects that do the convention circuit, personally i would rather have one unsigned than one signed by third sandperson on the left.

I'm sure some people enjoy meeting these people who were part of the trilogy (however briefly)but would you let them scrawl on... well anything?

images/icons/confused.gif

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Gartron ]

Zuckuss44
10-27-2001, 09:47 AM
Heck yeah! I love autographs. I only have Steve Sansweet's though. I plan on getting a lot more soon.

bobafett14
10-27-2001, 11:43 AM
I try to get as many SW autographs as I can, I love em!
I have to be honest, the LAST SW autograph I would want to get is Sansweets. I try to get the cast #1, crew #2, and anyone else related to the films last. I love the Chiang, and McCaig's autographs I have.
Getting Sansweets autograph however, would fall on my prioity list just under donating a major organ!

SpaceGhost2K
10-27-2001, 04:06 PM
IMHO, Sansweet's a pretty respected guy. SirSteve, on the other hand.... I'm not sure I'd want his autograph if he was Govenor and he signed my personal death sentence repeal.

10-31-2001, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't really go to a lenghty amount of trouble to get an autograph from Steve Sansweet or Kay-Threepio. If I bumped into them on the street or in the waiting line at McDonalds, sure I'd ask them. But if I wanted the autograph of a really famous person who I greatly admire I would write to them and ask for it (I just wrote Weird Al Yankovic and Tim Burton the other day- I have yet to get replies from them.

mousedroid
10-31-2001, 08:29 AM
I like getting the actors to autograph my carded figures, but I've gotten a little choosey because everyone has taken to charging so much. K-3PO? Hmmmm, I'd have to think about that one. I had Steve Sansweet autograph my Star Wars Encyclopedia for free, but I definitely wouldn't pay for his autograph.

Redgek
10-31-2001, 03:59 PM
I'd only want Sansweet's autograph if he agreed to write "The second biggest nerd on the planet" under his name. images/icons/tongue.gif