PDA

View Full Version : Personal Narrative

jediguy
09-18-2002, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone! In the state of Kentucky (where I live), you are required to do a "writing portfolio" in second, fourth and seventh(me), which consists of a fiction piece, a transactive, and a personal narrative. I am writing my Personal Narrative and thought I would share it with you. (It's about meeting Anthony Daniels at C2)

It was a nice morning in Indianapolis. I was sleeping in the Holiday Inn room when the phone rang. I picked it up.
"Wake-Up Call for 6: 30." I heard.
I jumped out of bed. My mom was in the shower, so I decided I would go ahead and change my clothes.
After my mom got out, we hit the road. We went to McDonalds for breakfast, and then were on our way to the Indianapolis Convention Center.
It was day two of the long-anticipated Star Wars Celebration 2. I was all set to start entering the activites, but there was only one problem: they didn't let the doors open until 10:00, and, there was a line that went all the way around the convention center. Now, I had been there the day before, but the line wasn't this bad. (Although close)
Without a bit of hesitation, my mom and I ran to the back of the line.
I began playing my Game Boy. After playing for a while, I glanced at my watch. 8:30-only an hour and a half longer.
I grew impatient and tired. Even though it was a nice day, nothing could lighten my mood, I thought.
Boy, was I wrong. As I slouched on the ground, I saw a man walking up the street. My jaw dropped, and without thinking I started to run. As I did, I yelled to my mom,
"It's Anthony Daniels! C-3PO!"
As I ran closer to him, he stopped, and asked,
"Would you like a picture?"
My mom caught up and snapped a picture. As she did, the line started moving.

The End

BTW: I will have pics online soon of me w/Anthony.

ta2d_jedi
09-20-2002, 08:58 AM
at least you werent maced when you ran up to him images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif images/icons/grin.gif

Ed3
09-20-2002, 06:16 PM
Neat. I hadn't realized that the actors were being made to walk through the parking lots to get to the convention center from the hotel. I hope the mob you must have started wasn't too crushing.

Darth_Kenobi
09-20-2002, 07:08 PM
I know that Anthony Daniels walked past the crowd on Friday morning (Fan Club door/line). I think he did it the other two days but I'm not really sure I don't remember. I think he was the only actor who was walking past the lines while the fans waited.

Jedi_Turok
09-24-2002, 10:32 PM
D.J. Ziggy I know what the long lines were like too! However I used the cat walks to get in earlier and it worked!

Kewl, you actually got a picture with Anthony. images/icons/grin.gif

I saw him Sat morining when I was taking pictures of the 501st in front of the RCA center. I had enough time to say good morining and he returned the favor....that's all I got....

Give me combo #2 <font size="2" face="arial">