PDA

View Full Version : how to do it right

08-20-2002, 09:48 PM
Okay, I found this pic of the Joe convention a few months back and let's just say that this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Hundreds of parachuting exclusive figures for those waiting in line (everyone also got a bagged one for free with their registration). Makes the ridiculousness of Jorg Sacul linewaiting seem even more horribly planned.
http://www.yojoe.com/magazine/02/joecon/dropped_dusties.shtml

08-21-2002, 03:11 PM
I think they should perfect the technology and throw working activated lightsabers off the roof images/icons/wink.gif On a serious note, I'm with you that there should not be an exclusive figure. at least not one that you have to wait in a seperate line for, If you register, you get one. period. they should have extras available for sale but everyone who attends should get one no matter what.

MisterPL
08-22-2002, 12:23 AM
"OW!! My EYE!! I am SO gonna SUE Lucasfilm!"

Clever idea for GI Joe, but what would they do for CIII? Let dead Jedi rain down on the crowd? Toss Republic Gunships from the roof? Should there even be an "exclusive" toy for such an event?

Personally, I think the way to fix the problem is to avoid it altogether. Otherwise Hasbro and LFL end up alienating their own consumer bases.

GNT
08-28-2002, 02:13 AM
Thats kinda cool images/icons/smile.gif I like their idea of distributing the figures images/icons/smile.gif

Victor_Von_Doom
09-14-2002, 02:10 PM
Thats cool

JediRiff
09-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Hmmm... falling to their death Coleman Trebor figures? Anyone? images/icons/grin.gif